Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri May 18, 2012 11:00 am

Werebiscuit wrote:BLAND - you do realize you can probably 1-shot a warrior !! Rolf called Dibs on the Spearman.

Yes but my Jimmies Are Rustled!!1123

Give me a few min, I'll rewrite the order.

Probably :twisted:

EDIT:

Arright, let's do this. Change the action for Will Showend Tell to shoot the elven warrior at 8E (let's avoid friendly fire).
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 18, 2012 11:20 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:(let's avoid friendly fire).

But I LIKE friendly fire. Can't you take my feelings into this for once?
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri May 18, 2012 11:41 am

MarbitChow wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:(let's avoid friendly fire).

But I LIKE friendly fire. Can't you take my feelings into this for once?

I ... I didn't know. Do you want me to shoot Tod then?

Anyways, I'm gone for the weekend so here are orders for the two turns: fire at the closest Elven warrior.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 18, 2012 11:52 am

This will be the last turn for this scenario; I'll just run the next 2 rounds based on your current orders, since there's a strong probability only 1 of the elves will even survive to the next round.
I'll be introducing the second scenario this weekend, at which point we'll probably switch to a 2-day (or even 3-day) turn deadline to enable a bit more discussion and coordination.
Also, I'd like additional feedback on the updated leveling / character-building rules; if you haven't already read it, please check it out and give me your opinions.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Fri May 18, 2012 1:09 pm

The new rules you mentioned, are they something for the second scenario or do they go into effect immediately? I ask because I'm thinking of feeding the croakamancer another croak in the current scenario and that only levels him if he gets another .5 XP from using a scroll to cast another spell. (It will allow him to raise 2 more minions from his own juice and another 1 from the scroll to give a total of 4 going into the next scenario. Even if slightly decayed, they'll still be good for crowd control, especially if Bill puts abilities like hold the line and guard on them.)

I'm going to delay my attack until right before the uncroaked attacks. If he is hitting an unwounded unit, I'll attack it first hopefully allowing him to finish it off. (Another croak gets Bill to 4.5/5 XP, one spell cast away from lvl 2 and another 8 juice. Bill has a bone puppeteer scroll he can use to get him the rest of the way and the 8 extra juice will let him cast reanimator twice more.)

MarbitChow wrote:So, just to confirm, the new player stats look like:

Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 2} [ 7 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Strike. Special: Leadership]

Uhm, shouldn't I be at 16 health instead of 4?
Swodaems

Postby Exate » Fri May 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Yuri will let Rolf go before he does, then move to F9 and attack the most injured unit within reach.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Swodaems wrote:The new rules you mentioned, are they something for the second scenario or do they go into effect immediately? I ask because I'm thinking of feeding the croakamancer another croak in the current scenario and that only levels him if he gets another .5 XP from using a scroll to cast another spell. (It will allow him to raise 2 more minions from his own juice and another 1 from the scroll to give a total of 4 going into the next scenario. Even if slightly decayed, they'll still be good for crowd control, especially if Bill puts abilities like hold the line and guard on them.)

You don't get XP when casting from a scroll (since, in theory, you aren't learning anything from it - just triggering someone else's spell). The new rules will take effect in the next scenario. Also, you do not yet know how many turns occur between now and the next scenario, so I'd suggest avoiding trying to min-max going into it. Instead, simply declare that the side is salvaging a number of bodies for use in animating the turn before the next scenario.

Swodaems wrote:Uhm, shouldn't I be at 16 health instead of 4?

Yup. Brain-farted and changed it to 4 instead of adding 4. It's been updated.
MarbitChow

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Triage will repeat orders from last turn.
WaterMonkey314

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 19, 2012 12:17 am

The forces of darkness finally overwhelm the highly-outmatched elven defenders. William gains new insight about where to stick the pointy bits more properly. Bill makes his first uncroaked dance the victory jig. After the fight, knowing that they are in enemy territory, Bill revitalizes Yuri and William in case the enemy moves into the hex, although the rest of the turn passes uneventfully. The next day, Bill uncroaks another corpse, and levels! Using his newly gained knowledge, he creates even more before the stack sets out. In addition, Rolf and Yuri each sling a body over their shoulders to give Bill something to play in the future. The stack makes it's way to join up with the main forces en route to Sunshine Dale...

Results are below. Let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Elves moves:
Spoiler: show
W-2, W-3, W-4, W-5, S-2: Attack any target in range.

Darkness moves:
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Fire {Closest Warrior}
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Attack Spearman S-2 @ E-9
Yuri (Exate): Let Rolf go first, Move to F-9, Attack {Most Wounded}
Tod (Swodaems): Strike {Closest Enemy}
Cupid (HerbieRai): Fire {Most Wounded}
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): If (Enemy HIts < 8, Hiya {Most Wounded}) Else (Hoboken {Most Wounded})
Bill (The Colonel): Order Uncroaked: Attack { Closest }; Fire { Closest }

Results:
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Fire Warrior W-2 @ D-8
Roll: 9. 19 Combat + 2 Leadership - (Def 5) = 16 Hits. Warrior W-2 slain. William S. Tell gains experience. Tod gains small Leadership experience bonus.

Rolf (Werebiscuit): Attack Spearman S-2 @ E-9
Roll: 6. 14 Combat + 2 Leadership - (Def 4) = 12 Hits. Spearman S-2 slain. Rolf gains experience. Tod gains small Leadership experience bonus.

Yuri (Exate): Move to F-9, Attack {Most Wounded} -> E8
Roll: 5. 13 Combat + 2 Leadership - (Def 5) = 10 Hits.

Tod (Swodaems): Strike {Closest Enemy} -> Warrior 5 @ G8
Roll: 9. 16 Combat + 2 Leadership - (Def 5) = 13 Hits.

{E-8} W-3 Elf Warrior Attacks Yuri @ F-9
Roll: 7. 12 Combat - (Def 9 + 2 Leadership) = 1 Hit

{F-8} W-4 Elf Warrior Attacks Yuri @ F-9
Roll: 5. 10 Combat - (Def 9 + 1 Leadership) = 0 Hits

{G-8} W-5 Elf Warrior Attacks Yuri @ F-9
Roll: 4. 9 Combat - (Def 9 + 1 Leadership) = 0 Hits

T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Hiya Warrior W-5 @ G8. 13 Juice remaining. T. Coil gains trivial casting experience bonus.
Roll: 2. 7 Combat + 2 Leadership = 9 Hits. Warrior W-5 slain.T. Coil gains experience. Tod gains small Leadership experience bonus.

Uncroaked Warrior: Attack Warrior W-4 @ F-8
Roll: 10. 15 Combat - (Def 5) = 10 Hits.

Cupid (HerbieRai): Fire {Most Wounded} -> Warrior W-3 @ E-8
Roll: 9. 13 Combat + 2 Leadership - (Def 5) = 10 Hits. Warrior W-3 slain. Cupid gains experience. Tod gains small Leadership experience bonus.

Bill (The Colonel): Fire Warrior W-4 @ F-8
Roll: 6. Combat 9 + 2 Leadership - (Def 5) = 7 Hits. Warrior W-4 slain.Bill gains experience. Tod gains small Leadership experience bonus.

Triage: Revitalize Yuri. Yuri is fully healed. Triage gains trivial casting experience bonus.

Triage: Revitalize Rolf. Rolf gains 8 Hits. Triage gains trivial casting experience bonus.

Triage: Revitalize Rolf. Yuri is fully healed. Triage gains trivial casting experience bonus.

On the start of the next turn, Bill Reanimates a corpse Bill gains trivial casting experience bonus. Bill GAINS A LEVEL!

Yuri claims a corpse.

Rolf claims a corpse.

Player Stats:
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 2, 11xp} [ 7 Combat / 5 Defense / 16 Hits. Strike. Special: Leadership]
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster {Lvl 2, 7.5xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Shockamancy (Hiya, Hoboken). 13 Juice.] Scroll: Revitalize x3. Scroll: Renew x2
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 1, 4xp} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 1, 2xp} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Bill (The Colonel): Caster {Lvl 2, 6xp} [ 3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. Fire. Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator). 3 Juice.] Scroll: Bone Puppeteer x2. Scroll: Lucky Streak
+ Uncroaked Warrior [2 Combat / 2 Defense / 10 Hits. Attack {Might Blow}.]
+ Uncroaked Warrior [3 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Attack {Might Blow}.]

( + Uncroaked Warrior [3 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Attack {???}.] + Uncroaked Warrior [3 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Attack {???}.]) OR
+ Skeleton [3 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Attack {???}.]

Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 1, 4xp} [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 1, 4xp} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Well-Armed]
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster {Lvl 1, 2xp} [ 3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize). 7 Juice.] Scroll: Hoboken x2. Scroll: Ickypron

Current Enemy Stats:
No enemies in the hex.

-----

Bill, let me know whether you want to take Bone Collector or Fix the Dead (I'm assuming Bone Collector). You'll have normal and partially-decayed undead in the next scenario based on your choices. You won't need to use any scrolls to accomplish this.
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Sat May 19, 2012 1:15 am

what is bone collector?

I think fix the dead so I can start with fresh uncroaked
The Colonel

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 19, 2012 7:55 am

The Colonel wrote:what is bone collector?
I think fix the dead so I can start with fresh uncroaked

Sorry - Bone Puppeteer, not collector. It allows you to make skeletons w/ 3 AP, which means you could make them as a Warrior, Spearman, or Archer. Skeletons are also harder to damage with arrows.
You'll already start with 'fresh' uncroaked - all units heal at the start of a new turn, and you'll be able to make 2 'mostly fresh' undead plus 2 or 3 kinda decayed at the beginning of the next scenario.
I'm going to update the character creation rules some time this weekend.
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Sat May 19, 2012 11:03 am

Fine, Puppeteer I WILL HAVE AN UNDEAD RAIN OF ARROWS!
The Colonel

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat May 19, 2012 11:27 am

Technically you could make Minor Uncroaked as Archers, they just wouldn't have any other AP
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Rules changes are going in effect shortly. In the updated rules, Minor Uncroaked will last longer than the current combat, but must be warriors. Skeletons are the first uncroaked that can be archers.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Rule update has been posted. Follow the link in my signature. I'll post the next scenario tomorrow, after everyone has had a chance to digest the updated rules.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 22, 2012 12:08 am

You meet up with a larger force heading towards Sunshine Dale. Two stacks of warriors and a stack of spearmen cheer at your arrival. One of the stacks is transporting a pair of battering rams; potent weapons that require 4 units to wield.

It takes you six (6) turns to finally make your way to the city (slowed down, unfortunately, by the rams), by which time the decrypted from the farm have decayed. Your heavies each continue to carry a corpse, from which your croakamancer will be able to fashion two uncroaked (skeletons, probably) right before the battle. When your turn starts, they'll decay a little, but they should still be in pretty good shape.

The turn before you approach the city, a stack of Tenebrisian fliers joins you, as well as three swarms of Brickabats. One of the fliers carries a written message from King Creperum.

"Congratulations on your victory. It appears the that elves had reinforced that farm hex a bit more than I expected, but you still made short work of them, and a number of you are more potent for it. When we captured Tenebris, we found correspondence from a Healamancy caster named Luscinia, who appears to be temporarily visiting the commander stationed in Sunshine Dale - some rubbish about love. Her notes indicate that she may be recalled back to the capital at any time. I urge you to take her alive, so that we may turn her to our bidding.

I grant these troops to do with as you see fit in order to take this town. The elves are weak, but we are striking them where they are softest. They must respond, and I think that they will do so quickly, when we take the Dale. The more troops who survive this assault, the more you will have to help defend it with you when the elves inevitably counter-attack. Strike swiftly now, and crush the sunshine with our darkness. Hail, the night! Hail, the darkness! Hail, champions of Tenebris!"

(Click here for larger version)

Special Combat Notes:

The towers in this Level 2 city are decorative. The city walls provide +4 Elevation Def to anyone on the walls (except against fliers). Fliers get +4 Elevation Defense against everyone on the field.

Rows 18 and 19 can only be targeted from the wall by Row 20.

Rows 22 and higher cannot be seen from the ground, so ground units do not have RLOS. They can still be targeted by Fliers. Breaching the gate or walls will allow characters to access the upper level via the region indicated by the ladder.

-----
Player Stats
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 2, 11xp} [ 7 Combat / 5 Defense / 16 Hits. Strike. Special: Leadership]
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster {Lvl 2, 7.5xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Shockamancy (Hiya, Hoboken). 16 Juice.] Scroll: Revitalize x3. Scroll: Renew x2
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 1, 4xp} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 1, 2xp} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 1, 4xp} [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 1, 4xp} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Well-Armed]
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster {Lvl 1, 2xp} [ 3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize). 8 Juice.] Scroll: Hoboken x2. Scroll: Ickypron
Bill (The Colonel): Caster {Lvl 2, 6xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator, Bone Puppeteer ). 16 Juice.] Scroll: Bone Puppeteer x2. Scroll: Lucky Streak
+ 2 Skeletons of your choosing (AP 3, 1 turn decayed [-1 Com / -1 Def / -2 Max Hits])

Darkness Units
Ram : 4d6 Damage to structures only; ignores Defense; Units wielding Ram can only move 5 squares per turn instead of 8.
RAM-1 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-2 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-3 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-4 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-5 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-6 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-7 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-8 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]

DW-1 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-2 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-3 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-4 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-5 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-6 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-7 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-8 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]

DS-1 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-2 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-3 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-4 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-5 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-6 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-7 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-8 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]

DF-1 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-2 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-3 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-4 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-5 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-6 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-7 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-8 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]

BS 1 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]
BS 2 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]
BS 3 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]

Enemy Stats
A-1 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
A-2 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
A-3 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
A-4 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
A-5 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
A-6 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
A-7 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)

B-1 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-2 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-3 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-4 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-5 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-6 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-7 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)

C-1 Elf Warrior {Lvl 3} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 30 Hits. Attack. Special: Leadership, Beefy, Block; 'Magic Sword' (+1 Combat, requires Attack) ] (Ward-8)
H-1 Elf Caster {Lvl 4} [ 6 Combat / 7 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Minor Ward, Space Out, Renew). 32 Juice.] (Ward-8)

T-1 Gump [ 12 Combat / 12 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. { Mighty Blow x2 } ]
T-2 Gump [ 12 Combat / 12 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. { Mighty Blow x2 } ]

Castle Gate: 20 Def / 50 Hit (Gates take 1/2 damage from shockamancy, rounded down)
Castle Walls: 30 Def / 100 Hit per square (Walls take 1/2 damage from shockamancy, rounded down)
Last edited by MarbitChow on Wed May 23, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Tue May 22, 2012 3:51 am

I suggest to everyone with over 5 combat that they choose to delay their entry to the hex until our 5 combat units are able to move thru the barrier in mass. On second thought, let's spend our time figuring out a marching formation to use to get to the wall.

Questions: Does my leadership bonus apply to all our troops or just to our characters? (Same for the enemy leader.)
If an enemy were to directly attack a brick bat swarm, what would happen? (Depending on rules interpretation, a single archer could take out an entire brick bat swarm.)
When we open that door, will we be revealing a lower level of the building or do we just sort of teleport to the top of the ladder? (I've played alot of Fire Emblem. That building just screams hidden enemies to me.)
If we lose one of the ram carriers, what exactly can we draft to replace him?
We don't have RLOS on the caster from where we are, what about her on us?
If Bill were select dance-fighting as his ability of choice for those skeletons, would that help out any living player who decided to take the dance fighting special? (I never spent the AP I got from leveling to 2, and I was thinking dance-fighting may be a good choice, but no one else has it yet.)

Question to my fellow players: How about a two for one capturing special? Let's try to capture the enemy Leadership as well. It'll be tougher, but that means more fun. (The archers are even better targets for capture because we could better use them to defend this place in the next battle the opening refered to. Maybe if we break down the door with enough strength left and offer terms, we be able to grab them all. The battle will be pretty much decided at that point any way.)
Swodaems

Postby The Colonel » Tue May 22, 2012 5:09 am

I say snipe the archers on the wall and distract them with fliers while we charge with the rams. Can we lift the archers with fliers?
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 22, 2012 6:06 am

( OOC Are our Fliers the same movement as Cupid ? i.e. move 12. What about the Brickbats ? Move 12 ? Skeleton move would be 8 ?
Will fliers be able to block RLOS against elevated positons on ground troops ? Am I right in thinking that the Brickabats can absorb 8 fire actions before disbanding, as that is the way it reads ? /OOC)

*Rolf steps up to talk with Tod* "
Commander Tod, We cannot hope to engage their forces without taking fire. We must have some protection.
I suggest we pair each warrior with a spear and restack that way, including Yuri and myself. *coughs nervously* Yourself too commander. Wariors use their shields to block and spearmen guard.

"We must reach the gates with urgency, so single file while providing the most cover is not an option. Line of two is good but virtually sacrificial for the front two. We need to split their fire so we must offer more sacrifices. I'm thinking two stacks of three abreast protecting some casters in the rear with brickabat screens initially. We hold our fliers in reserve with some casters and the rams and one brickabbat swarm till the stacks are half way then one stack moves to screen the rams and the other engages the gumps. The fliers targets must be the command section especially the healer otherwise he will negate our damage. Does that sound like a good plan commander ?
Werebiscuit

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue May 22, 2012 6:47 am

OOC: Story-wise, it seems unlikely mere persuasion will make Elves turn to the Dark Side. From what I know of Dungeon Keeper, some alternate methods would be needed, and a couple of Mistresses would come in handy./OOC

OOC: looking at the stats, the rams need about 4 turns to get to the walls. The damage an archer can inflict, if using Mighty Blow, is 1-11. Average 6. Assuming the Archers focus fire on the ram carriers (which would be tactically sound, as then we can't get in), and using an average damage, then the 14 Archers can croak the 8 ram carriers in an expected 4 turns./OOC

OOC: spearmen can bodyguard the ram carriers. In that case, the Archers would, if targeting the ram carriers, do 0.5 (rounded up?) - 6 damage to the carriers, average 3.5. Expect to lose 1 ram carrier in the 4 turns to reach the wall (if Archers always target ram carriers)./OOC

OOC: if the Archers instead target the bodyguarding spearmen: an archer (with Mighty Blow) may deal between 8-18 damage, average 13, ie., an Archer is expected to croak a Dark Spearman, so in one turn the spearman cover is gone and six Archers are available to croak one ram carrier. Three turns are then almost sufficient for the Archers to finish off the remaining seven ram carriers. Note: in that scenario, at most six archers are available to target a ram carrier in that first turn, but whatever, not too many ram carriers would reach the wall./OOC

OOC: it appears then that it's necessary to also Guard our Ram carriers, using the Dark Warriors. I'll first consider the case when we only use Dark Warriors, not Dark Spearmen, for ram protection./OOC

OOC: by having the rams guarded, an Archer may inflict 0-8. Average is actually less than 4, but whatever, I'll use this pessimistic estimate. So at that average damage, the Archers need 6 turns to croak all ram carriers, if they target them exclusively; alternatively, they can croak 6 ram carriers in 4 turns. If instead the Archers target the Guards, the damage is 7-17, average 12. Then in the first turn seven of the guards may be croaked, and in the remaining three turns 6 ram carriers are croaked./OOC

OOC: combining the Spearman and Warrior guarding, we reduce the time spent by the Archers pummeling our ram carriers to two turns. 4 ram carriers will be killed in this case./OOC
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games