Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Thu May 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Swodaems wrote:If we place units capable of surviving the treants' attack directly next to them, then we can block the Treants from moving allowing us to simply take the seige around them. Yuri and Rolf felt like the best choices given the situation.

They have to move into or through an adjacent square to be stopped. If a Gump is flanked on both sides, they will only be able to move a single square that turn. Even if they drop one of the two units, they cannot move after the attack, so yes, you could pin the Gumps down that way.

Swodaems wrote:MarbitChow, would this stunning result in him being unable to use his leadership next phase?

No. Stunned units cannot move or attack, but passive modifiers remain in effect. Stunning could be used to eliminate conditional Attack Modifiers and Abilities, however - if an ability normally requires that a unit be adjacent, or that the unit act in concert with other units, stunning that unit will negate the bonus the stunned unit would have granted.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Thu May 24, 2012 1:19 pm

I think I have a basic workable plan. It needs minor details worked out, but we can do those in the time we have left..

First, I was always in between the bats on the ground.

Second, the fliers enter. They do so in odd sequence and formation. First, a bat enters th hex flanked by two fliers. Then, they move forward 1 space and 3 more fliers enter. We then stop the formation for a moment and let 3 fliers pass thru the ranks to fill the spots in front of the bat. The fliers may be forced to fire at this point, but no biggie.

Third, Yuri, Rolf and the Skele archers enter the hex and do what they want to do, serving a secondary purpose as durable archer bait.

Actions from here on out are subject to conditionals.
If all the archers have fired, we send in the remaining flier, BLAND, and the casters to do more damage, raise skeles, and maybe stun enemies.
If 1 or maybe 2 archers still haven't fired, we send in the lone flier as bait to draw fire, then send in Bland and the casters.
If more than that haven't fired, we use the conflicting conditionals clause to end the phase without giving them a chance to.
Swodaems

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu May 24, 2012 1:24 pm

I agree to the plan.

Minor details would be who attacks what. My suggestion is we shoot to kill- when we deal damage to a unit, pursue damage against it until dead. And that we attack row A Archers.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Swodaems wrote:First, I was always in between the bats on the ground.

Noted. I'll retcon you in this evening.

Swodaems wrote:Second, the fliers enter. They do so in odd sequence and formation. First, a bat enters th hex flanked by two fliers. Then, they move forward 1 space and 3 more fliers enter. We then stop the formation for a moment and let 3 fliers pass thru the ranks to fill the spots in front of the bat. The fliers may be forced to fire at this point, but no biggie.

Since one of the fliers is Cupid, where does he fit into this formation? Front row, back row, last flier in? And do the fliers shoot at the A-* archers as soon as they have completed the formation?
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Thu May 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Rule Clarification: In my continuous efforts to figure out how to break the rules, I'm going to add a quick addendum to the Attack Modifiers, Leadership and Dance-Fighting abilities. The bonuses from these abilities do not apply to attacks against structures; only attacks against units can benefit from them. If you're good or lucky enough, you might still be able to drive your spear through the wall, but I don't want to make it too easy. :D
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Thu May 24, 2012 2:40 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:Second, the fliers enter. They do so in odd sequence and formation. First, a bat enters th hex flanked by two fliers. Then, they move forward 1 space and 3 more fliers enter. We then stop the formation for a moment and let 3 fliers pass thru the ranks to fill the spots in front of the bat. The fliers may be forced to fire at this point, but no biggie.

Since one of the fliers is Cupid, where does he fit into this formation? Front row, back row, last flier in? And do the fliers shoot at the A-* archers as soon as they have completed the formation?

Cupid is whereever in the formation he wants to be, including possibly out of it as the lone non-screened flier. (I will be somewhat surpised if he decides to do that, but it's his choice to make.)

It's as good a point as any for the fliers to shoot. My idea of events would have 5 unlead fliers doing about 10 damage +- 5 to the middle 5 A-* archers, followed by the 3 lead fliers, including Cupid, going for finishing attacks on 3 archers who weren't healed by the caster or don't fall into the high or low damage zones that would make them a good target for an Ickypron from Triage.

I'm hoping for Yuri, Rolf, and the skele archers to place themselves in front of the main formation as Yuri and Rolf's durability and the Skeles' expendabilty make them good choices as units placed to prevent the Treants from having full reach over the entire front half of the formation next round.
Swodaems

Postby Exate » Thu May 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Swodaems wrote:I'm hoping for Yuri, Rolf, and the skele archers to place themselves in front of the main formation as Yuri and Rolf's durability and the Skeles' expendabilty make them good choices as units placed to prevent the Treants from having full reach over the entire front half of the formation next round.
I find the durability of a Defense 9 unit highly questionable when going up against a potential Combat 21. Admittedly, actually dying to one hit from them would require an exceptional roll as well as that they benefit from Leadership and two Mighty Blow bonuses, but even failing that we'll be nicely softened up for any other opportunistic enemies who feel like picking off someone weak.

It's sensible and I'll do it because sometimes people have to die in droves in order to get things done, but that doesn't mean I like it when it's me.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu May 24, 2012 5:24 pm

*Rolf mutters to Yuri* How does it feel, brother, that, we're as expendable as those bags of bones ?
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Thu May 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Exate wrote:
Swodaems wrote:I'm hoping for Yuri, Rolf, and the skele archers to place themselves in front of the main formation as Yuri and Rolf's durability and the Skeles' expendabilty make them good choices as units placed to prevent the Treants from having full reach over the entire front half of the formation next round.
I find the durability of a Defense 9 unit highly questionable when going up against a potential Combat 21. Admittedly, actually dying to one hit from them would require an exceptional roll as well as that they benefit from Leadership and two Mighty Blow bonuses, but even failing that we'll be nicely softened up for any other opportunistic enemies who feel like picking off someone weak.

That's why I want to give you both leadership and arrange for Yuri to croak a scout so he levels before next round. You're going to need those boosts. On a side note, can I convince you to take Dance-fighting? I still have an AP left from when I hit 2 and was thinking that dance-fighting would be a good choice if I could convince someone else to take it. (I have little reservation against presenting myself as a textbook manipulative, greedy, bastard either in or out of character.)

Werebiscuit wrote:*Rolf mutters to Yuri* How does it feel, brother, that, we're as expendable as those bags of bones ?

Oh, they're getting thrown more under the bus on this than you are. In fact, one of them or both will be gone before the phase ends.

One thing I noticed about this game is that if a enemy unit enters the range of a unit that has spent its move action, but not its attack action, it will be subject to attack. (see the very last action by spearman DS-4 on the results) This means neither Yuri or Rolf should get within 2 squares of the treant this round. If you wish to attack the scouts, I suggest you do so from V8 and O7, making sure to state that your path stays clear of the Treant's massive reach. This should eliminate Sc-1 and Sc-3 and hopefully cause Sc-4 to expend his 3 combat stike against a heavy. This is when the skeles move to Q8 and R8, one of them taking the Treant's powerful strike attack on the way. Now covered in the dust of his partner, the surviving skele is used to attack either the wall archers or Sc-4. I know it sounds a bit odd, but having a unit in one of those 2 spots directly next to the treant next round will be extremely useful in limiting the treant's movement. The lone flier may get voluteered for this duty should both of the skeles die before round's end.

Another method for dealing with the Treants from this point on has to be for the Ram heavies to drop their rams and do combat. Next round, they enter melee with the foreward treant. If the treant uses mighty blowx2 of any of them, all that added damage from multiple sources should put his health in hoboken range of our casters. We'll have to rely on our wall clearing methods to deal with the archers in this scenario, but we should have a good idea about if they will by the end of the phase.
Swodaems

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:33 pm

So is my Ickypron conditional on this next "step" of the phase?
WaterMonkey314

Postby Swodaems » Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:So is my Ickypron conditional on this next "step" of the phase?

Yeah, it probably should be. If we can set things up for you to safely kill an archer and level while also stunning two other archers, then you should go for it. If we can't, then you using a scroll to put another skele on the wall may be a better option for us.
Swodaems

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Swodaems wrote:
WaterMonkey314 wrote:So is my Ickypron conditional on this next "step" of the phase?

Yeah, it probably should be. If we can set things up for you to safely kill an archer and level while also stunning two other archers, then you should go for it. If we can't, then you using a scroll to put another skele on the wall may be a better option for us.

So formalized orders (hopefully I don't muck this up):

TRIAGE:
IF the Leadership group and other Casters cross the barrier (contingent on the action of the Archers as specified, I think, by BLAND)), then enter the hex. Cast Ickypron on whatever Archer is most wounded. Take position within the formation as specified by others.
WaterMonkey314

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 25, 2012 12:42 am

The Tenebrisian plan executes flawlessly. A pair of fliers enter the hex, drawing the remaining archer fire, which the Brickabat swarm completely absorbs. The remaining units move into position, and unleash hell upon the walls of Sunshine Dale. Tod's instructions are followed with military precision, and he and a number of his allies (Cupid, William, Yuri, and Triage) level in the process. The round ends with massive casualties on the Elven side, and most of the units unwounded on the Tenebrisian side.

The commander shouts out across the field "Coil! You treacherous, sadistic, crap golem! You and your friends will pay for this!"

Link to larger version

Special Combat Notes:

The towers in this Level 2 city are decorative. The city walls provide +4 Elevation Def to anyone on the walls (except against fliers). Fliers get +4 Elevation Defense against everyone on the field.
Rows 17 and 18 can only be targeted from the wall by Row 19. (Edit: Corrected row numbers.)
Rows 22 and higher cannot be seen from the ground, so ground units do not have RLOS. They can still be targeted by Fliers. Breaching the gate or walls will allow characters to access the upper level via the region indicated by the ladder, once they see what, if anything, is inside the building. Climbing the ladder is a change of elevation, and counts as 2 squares.

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.

-----
Player Stats
Spoiler: show
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 3, 18xp} [ 7 Combat / 5 Defense / 16 Hits. Strike. Special: Leadership]
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster {Lvl 2, 7xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Shockamancy (Hiya, Hoboken). 16 Juice.] Scroll: Revitalize x3. Scroll: Renew x2
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 2, 5xp} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 1, 3xp} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.]
Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 2, 7xp} [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 2, 7xp} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Well-Armed]
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster {Lvl 2, 5xp} [ 3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize). 16 Juice.] Scroll: Hoboken x2. Scroll: Ickypron
Bill (The Colonel): Caster {Lvl 2, 9xp} [ 5 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator, Bone Puppeteer ). 8 Juice.] Scroll: Bone Puppeteer x2. Scroll: Lucky Streak
Sk-1 Skeleton Archer [ 6 Combat / 2 Defense / 4 (of 16) Hits. Fire. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Calcium Enriched; Decayed x1]
Sk-2 Skeleton Archer [ 6 Combat / 2 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Calcium Enriched; Decayed x1]
Sk-3 Skeleton Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Fire. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Calcium Enriched; Mighty Blow]

Darkness Units
Ram : 4d6 Damage to structures only; ignores Defense; Units wielding Ram can only move 5 squares per turn instead of 8.
RAM-1 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 30 (of 36) Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-2 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-3 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-4 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-5 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-6 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-7 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]
RAM-8 Warrior lvl 2 [ 9 Combat / 11 Defense / 36 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Beefy]

DW-1 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-2 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-3 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-4 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-5 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-6 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-7 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]
DW-8 Dark Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Mighty Blow, Guard, Beefy]

DS-1 Dark Spearman (1xp) [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 3 (of 12) Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-2 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-3 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-4 Dark Spearman (1xp) [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 6 (of 12) Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-5 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-6 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-7 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
DS-8 Dark Spearman [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Strike. Special: Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]

DF-1 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-2 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-3 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-4 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-5 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-6 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-7 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]
DF-8 Dark Flier [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly]

BS 1 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]
BS 2 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]
BS 3 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 1 (of 8) Hits. No attack. Special: Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.]

Enemy Stats
B-1 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 5 (of 10) Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] - STUNNED
B-2 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-3 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-4 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-5 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-6 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)
B-7 Elf Archer [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. {Mighty Blow} ] (Ward-8)

Wandereus, C-1 Elf Warrior {Lvl 3} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 30 Hits. Attack. Special: Leadership, Beefy, Block; 'Magic Sword' (+1 Combat, requires Attack) ] (Ward-8)
Junetta, H-1 Elf Caster {Lvl 4} [ 6 Combat / 7 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Minor Ward, Space Out, Renew). 30 Juice.] (Ward-8)

T-1 Gump [ 12 Combat / 12 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. { Mighty Blow x2 } ]
T-2 Gump [ 12 Combat / 12 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. { Mighty Blow x2 } ]

Sc-4 Elf Scout [ 3 Combat / 2 Defense / 6 Hits. Strike. Special: +4 Move; Concealment]

Castle Gate: 20 Def / 50 Hit (Gates take 1/2 damage from shockamancy, rounded down)
Castle Walls: 30 Def / 100 Hit per square (Walls take 1/2 damage from shockamancy, rounded down)

Results:
Results:

Leadership on Tod, Rolf, Yuri, Will, Cupid, Flier-2, Flier-4, Flier-6

Archers B-1 through B-7 Fire at Flier Fl-1
Brickabat negates 7 Fire Actions for 7 Hits.

Flier Fly-1 : Attack Archer A-2
Roll: 11. Combat 15 - (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow +8 Ward) = Ward Destroyed, 6 Hits.

Flier Fly-2 : Attack Archer A-2
Roll: 11. Combat 15 + 2 Leadership- (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow) = 16 Hits. Target slain. Flier F-2 gains 3 XP. Tod gains 1 XP.

Flier Fly-3 : Attack Archer A-3
Roll: 9. Combat 13 - (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow +8 Ward) = Ward Destroyed, 4 Hits.

Flier Fly-4 : Attack Archer A-3
Roll: 7. Combat 13 + 2 Leadership- (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow) = 14 Hits. Target slain. Flier F-4 gains 3 XP. Tod gains 1 XP.

Flier Fly-5 : Attack Archer A-4
Roll: 10. Combat 14 - (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow +8 Ward) = Ward Destroyed, 5 Hits.

Flier Fly-6 : Attack Archer A-4
Roll: 8. Combat 14 + 2 Leadership- (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow) = 15 Hits. Target slain. Flier F-6 gains 3 XP. Tod gains 1 XP.

Flier Fly-7 : Attack Archer A-5
Roll: 6. Combat 10 - (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow +8 Ward) = Ward Destroyed, 1 Hits.

Cupid : Attack Archer A-5
Roll: 6. Combat 10 + 2 Leadership - (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow) = 11 Hits. Target slain.Cupid gains 3 xp. Cupid GAINS A LEVEL! Tod gains 1 xp. Tod GAINS A LEVEL!

Flier Fly-7 : Attack Archer A-6
Roll: 5. Combat 9 - (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow +8 Ward) = Ward Destroyed

Elf Healer : casts Minor Ward on Archer A-6

William : Moves to S-1, Fire Archer A-6
Roll: 9. Combat 19 + 3 Leadership - (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow + 8 Ward) = Ward Destroyed, 14 Hits. Target slain. William gains 3 xp. William GAINS A LEVEL! Tod gains 1 xp.

Rolf : Moves to V-8, Attack Scout SC-3
Roll: 9. Combat 17 + 3 Leadership - (2 Def) = 18 Hits. Rolf gains 1 XP. Tod gains 1 XP.

Yuri : Moves to O-7, Attack Scout SC-1
Roll: 6. Combat 14 + 3 Leadership - (2 Def) = 15 Hits. Yuri gains 1 XP. Yuri GAINS A LEVEL! Tod gains 1 XP.

Skeleton SK-1 : Moves to R-8

Gump-1 Strikes Skeleton SK-1
Roll: 2. Combat 14 - (Def 2) = 12 Hits (Milk, it does a body good. Pass it on.)

Skeleton SK-1 : Fires at Archer A-7
Roll: 9. Combat 15 - (3 Def - 2 Mighty Blow + 4 Elevation + 8 Ward) = Ward Destroyed, 2 Hits.

Skeleton SK-2 : Fires at Archer A-7
Roll: 12. Combat 18 - (3 Def - 2 Mighty + 4 Elevation) = 13 Hits.Target slain. Bill gains 3 XP.

T. Coil : Hoboken at Archer A-1
Roll: 11. Combat 16 - (8 Ward) = Ward Destroyed, 8 Hits.

Bill casts Bone Puppeteer on A-2
Creates Skeleton Warrior SK-3 (Mighty Blow, Calcium Enriched) [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits / Attack. Special : 2x Def vs. Fire]

Triage : Uses Ickypron Scroll on A-1, B-1
Roll: 1. A-1 -> Combat 4 = 4 Hits. Target slain. Triage gains 3 XP. Triage GAINS A LEVEL!
Roll: 1. B-1 -> Combat 4 - (8 Ward) = Ward Damaged. Target stunned.

Skeleton Warrior SK-3 : Declares Mighty Blow, Attack Archer B-1
Roll: 7. Combat 15 - (Def 3 - 2 Mighty Blow + 3 Leadership) = Ward Destroyed. 5 Hits.
Last edited by MarbitChow on Fri May 25, 2012 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarbitChow

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:07 am

Nice! Triage leveled!

I'm inclined to take Minor Ward now rather than Renew so we can start warding our casters. The only problem I see is that we might not have enough rounds to get Wards up on everyone. Other opinions?

Also, is there a benefit to taking the extra +1 Combat as opposed to the +1 def? (Since we don't have significant opposition with 4 Combat, would that change the priority of my orders?)
WaterMonkey314

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri May 25, 2012 2:29 am

ooc: So should I blast more archers or start in on the Gumps? Also do I know the name of the Healomancer or the Commander?
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Fri May 25, 2012 4:01 am

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Nice! Triage leveled!

I'm inclined to take Minor Ward now rather than Renew so we can start warding our casters. The only problem I see is that we might not have enough rounds to get Wards up on everyone. Other opinions?

Also, is there a benefit to taking the extra +1 Combat as opposed to the +1 def? (Since we don't have significant opposition with 4 Combat, would that change the priority of my orders?)

I'd prefer it if you took renew at the moment. I'm thinking of dealing with the Gumps by having our heavy units mob them. Given the fact that the Gumps can have up to 21 combat if they use mighty blow and get leadership, the battle is going to be messy and require some powerful healing. As for the Combat or def question, I guess it depends on how you want to use those Hoboken scrolls you're carrying.

William, Yuri, and Cupid, would all three of you be willing to buy the dance-fighting ability along with me? With 4 of us, it would give us +2Com/Def each.
MarbitChow, would this increase be reflected with a change in our combat priority?

I think we may lose a lot of the fliers next round. It appears that the B archers have leadership, so with mighty blow they can attack at 13 combat. The fliers only have 1 bat left in their formation and there are 6 unstunned archers capable of attack, so the fliers will likely have to take 5 shots. (Stupid Skele warrior, damaged the only stunned archer there. If he had softened up someone else, BLAND would have a good chance of taking them the rest of the way and eliminating 1/5 of the threat.)
Last edited by Swodaems on Fri May 25, 2012 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri May 25, 2012 4:18 am

Swodaems wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:*Rolf mutters to Yuri* How does it feel, brother, that, we're as expendable as those bags of bones ?

Oh, they're getting thrown more under the bus on this than you are. In fact, one of them or both will be gone before the phase ends.

One thing I noticed about this game is that if a enemy unit enters the range of a unit that has spent its move action, but not its attack action, it will be subject to attack. (see the very last action by spearman DS-4 on the results) This means neither Yuri or Rolf should get within 2 squares of the treant this round. If you wish to attack the scouts, I suggest you do so from V8 and O7, making sure to state that your path stays clear of the Treant's massive reach. This should eliminate Sc-1 and Sc-3 and hopefully cause Sc-4 to expend his 3 combat stike against a heavy. This is when the skeles move to Q8 and R8, one of them taking the Treant's powerful strike attack on the way. Now covered in the dust of his partner, the surviving skele is used to attack either the wall archers or Sc-4. I know it sounds a bit odd, but having a unit in one of those 2 spots directly next to the treant next round will be extremely useful in limiting the treant's movement. The lone flier may get voluteered for this duty should both of the skeles die before round's end.

Another method for dealing with the Treants from this point on has to be for the Ram heavies to drop their rams and do combat. Next round, they enter melee with the foreward treant. If the treant uses mighty blowx2 of any of them, all that added damage from multiple sources should put his health in hoboken range of our casters. We'll have to rely on our wall clearing methods to deal with the archers in this scenario, but we should have a good idea about if they will by the end of the phase.

OOC Please note that I WAS being IC for Rolf. I has a player had already decided that Rolf WOULD move to O7 and attack scout SC-1. I thought as outlined as in my earlier post that SC-3 and SC-4 were too dangerous as Gump-2 hadn't used it's full move but that was negated when I found out by my question about the bats having move left, was answered by the satement that units have 1 move "action" and thus cannot save move for later. So both Squares O7 and V8 should be safe from gump retribution....for this phase.

Dropping the rams may be a bad idea, however because of the following quote.... can't find it while writing this but will post it next.

{edited to note that v-8 is also fine with me} /OOC
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Fri May 25, 2012 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri May 25, 2012 4:23 am

MarbitChow wrote:[
Finally, Gumps look like they are large enough that they could single-handedly carry one of the rams, and may even be able to move without penalty, so dropping it within their reach could be bad if, say, they were to grab it, run to the wall, and throw it on the roof...

Yes, carrying a ram reduces movement to 2/3rds.
Werebiscuit

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri May 25, 2012 4:33 am

Oh wow, that's pretty nifty. One of their Archers is stunned for a turn, so only six of them are left. Quite dangerous on our Casters and other characters, but still.

Woo, level! Okay, increase Combat (I fire before the Gumps! Yay! ... but since I can't one shot one, meh), and since it takes two to tango, take Dancefighting. I'll get Mighty Blow later.

Is there anything else we can do this turn?

Maybe I'll rename my character to Gree uh I mean, Han. Yes, Han.

j/k
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri May 25, 2012 4:44 am

On dropping the rams-

with some maneuvering it might be possible, since we have more than enough units to surround the treants, and moving through hostiles is impossible.

In order for the above plan to be safely applicable though, it should be possible for our ram carriers to *le gasp* step back one square, drop the ram, then charge again at the treants.

I mean Gumps.

Anyway, wow. 7 Archers gone, one disabled, one so wounded the fliers will knock him out soon enough ... we're in no rush to those walls now.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games