A few things I've thought of so far:
1) The Arkentools may have different effects if attuned to a Caster than to a Warlord.
2) Each Arkentool has an associated advanced creature type. A low-level Dwagon is still quite a strong unit, as is low-level Archon.
3) The Hammer seems likely to have a Changemancy-related effect. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F004.jpg
4) If the Arkentools amplify magic, it may be that Wanda's new "decryption" ability may be a result of her increased skill, not necessarily a feature of the Pliers.
5) Perhaps the Arkentools give warlords basic magical skill in their school? A
6) Shockamancy seems very unlikely to be related to actual electricity. I urge you NOT to google anything Sizemore says, lest ye be shocked by a shock site and unable to move for the rest of your turn. I'm quite certain this is a shockamancy spell- read the comic right before it. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F126.jpg
7) At least two, and probably all three, of the identified Arkentools are aligned with Fate magic.
8) Arkentools attuned to warlords ~may~ grant magical ability- Ansom wasn't attuned, and did not learn basic Croakamancy. Our Holy Toolship is attuned, and turned walnuts into nuts. This may have been entirely done by the hammer's magic.
9) On the first page, three of the Titans of Ark are shown. One has red gems, one has blue gems, and one has green gems in their outfits. Red is a color often aligned with croakamancy, and blue is often used to illustrate thinkamancy effects. Could Green be a sign of Signmancy, Predictamancy, or Changemancy?
If these are true, then:
-The Pliers give a caster Grandmaster-class [if I may call it that] Croakamancy when attuned, and gives a warlord basic Croakamancy magic, gives a warlord a magical croakamancy attack [recroak] and a leadership multiplier, and allows their side to pop and control some strong Undead creature.
-The Dish gives a caster* Grandmaster-class Thinkamancy when attuned, and gives a warlord basic Thinkamancy magic, gives a warlord a magical thinkamancy attack [disruption], and a leadership multiplier, and allows their side to pop and control Archons.
-The Hammer gives a caster Grandmaster-class Changemancy when attuned, and gives a warlord basic Changemancy magic, a magical changemancy attack [change air into lightning? not so sure about this one], and a leadership multiplier, and allows their side to pop and control Dwagons.
*Can casters become overlords or heirs? I haven't read anything that suggests that it would be impossible. It might be something very rare, which would help explain why Charlie is considered strange.