Book 2 – Page 75

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 75

Postby balder » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 75

Postby Atomic » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:23 am

Oh sweet goodness. Nobody gave instructions to the Archons.

Edit: Or, I should say: Nobody TO GIVE instructions to them. What a hot mess.
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby fjolnir » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 am

A good way to handle this, with Maggie out and Parson engaged in the MK with Wanda and Jack, nobody is there to give orders it seems...
fjolnir

Postby roninpanda » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:44 am

Oh YES! Oh sweet booping jesus, Erfworld is back! I can't help but think this is the beginning of the end of Wanda's private army. She put too much into mass expansion and not enough into retaining her gains.
You are in what may be the worst, most Titans-forsaken place in all of Erfworld,” said Judy. “This is the Olive Garden.”
roninpanda

Postby Sixty » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:48 am

I knew it was updating on the 6th, but it was a special treat to see it before I went to bed. Erfworld's back! Huzzah!
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby vintermann » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:58 am

We know unled stacks have to engage, and I suppose it's ways like this they rationalize it for themselves. But aren't there some archons with leadership? Maybe they've already fallen.
vintermann
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Knott » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:10 am

Yay! Colours! :mrgreen:

What happened to Ossomer? Did I miss something?
Knott
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:16 am

My prediction: Wanda can possess her decrypted similarly to how Charlie possess archons. Also bye-bye king Slately, hello king Ossomer. "The king is dead! Long delive the king!"
Lamech

Postby five-thirteen » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 am

Mabye. Charlie seemes to be linked to his archons through the grandiocosmic strings and we don't know what other abilities the pliers give. Come to think of it, do the decrypted even have a thinkamancy connection? It could be that the decrypted commanders lead decrypted troops and living commanders lead living troops.
Also Ossomer looks great. Props for the art on that guy,
five-thirteen

Postby Whispri » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:17 am

The poor Archons! Boop that traitorous Warlord!

Now the big question here is: Did Wanda and company make it back into the City in time and if not, can they yet?
Whispri

Postby fruityjanitor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:17 am

Woo! Erfworld is back, baby!

Things are looking better for Slately now that Ossomer is back on his side and Jack & Wanda are back in the MK.

Interesting how that Archon called out for Charlie as she died (instead of Wanda). Perhaps her hold over them is weakening? I wonder if Charlie will be able to sway some of the decrypted Archons back to his side...
fruityjanitor
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby querzis » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:48 am

People were right, Mary and her siblings are still on the wall. Thats good, Wonder if she'll just happen to get a few lucky crits and end up being higher level then every other archers. Nice to see that the king isnt even wasting time doubting Ossomer turning back to Jetstone. Well, The king and his spellcasters already had a chance of prevailing back before the last hat trick and Ossomer switching side happened so I sure hope this means Jetstone will prevail. I also hope their Healamancer will be able to get to Trammenis with some juice left. Would be really hearthbreaking if they only realize Trammenis was wounded after they spend too much juice to save him. Wanda and Jack should really just have waited for Parson instructions, this is why he didnt wanna touch the tower, he was sure to win the ground battle but the air battle? Not so much. I sure hope Stanley will be smart enough to blame this defeat on Wanda instead of Parson though because, well, it is her fault.

Anyway, Parson had been wondering for a long time if Wanda can see or act through her decrypted units. I'm pretty sure this prove that she cant, otherwise she could give instructions to the unled archons.

fruityjanitor wrote:Interesting how that Archon called out for Charlie as she died (instead of Wanda). Perhaps her hold over them is weakening? I wonder if Charlie will be able to sway some of the decrypted Archons back to his side...

Hadnt noticed that. I guess thats why Charlie want some of them alive, to see if he can turn them back. He probably can, Ossomer could turn back through disgust for her new master and family honor but Charlie went even further with his Archon, they coudnt even imagine living without him and we saw when the archons were talking that some of them had big doubts about fighting Charlie. I think that if Wanda ever attack Charlie directly, a lot of Archons would turn, especially now that they know they can. Well, then again, theres probably not gonna be a whole lot of decrypted Archons left after this.
Last edited by querzis on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
querzis

Postby Biostar » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 am

Yosh! It is back! After so long. Hopefully he can keep up the update schedule.

This battle can go either way now. Those archons are sitting ducks for the King's hunting party.
Biostar
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Beeskee » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:55 am

Glad to see it update. :)

Looks like some archons possess some leadership in the way some possess thinkamancy, that they would be considered 'basic' by actual thinkamancers, and not confer as much of a bonus as actual commanders, if any. Their orders are haphazard at any rate.

Nice panty shot, too. ;)
Beeskee

Postby GusTreta » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:46 am

Knott wrote:Yay! Colours! :mrgreen:

What happened to Ossomer? Did I miss something?

I missed it too until now, but on page 73 in the second to last frame, you can see that Ossomer's livery changed back. It happened just as Wanda went into the magic kingdom, the portal closed, and the tower collapsed. You can see clearly the decrypted livery on him in the previous page.
GusTreta
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:12 am

Hooray!

I had to go back and read the last few pages of the old comic to work out what was happening...

Nice work, Rob and Xin.
LTDave

Postby kagato23 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:33 am

querzis wrote:People were right, Mary and her siblings are still on the wall. Thats good, Wonder if she'll just happen to get a few lucky crits and end up being higher level then every other archers. Nice to see that the king isnt even wasting time doubting Ossomer turning back to Jetstone. Well, The king and his spellcasters already had a chance of prevailing back before the last hat trick and Ossomer switching side happened so I sure hope this means Jetstone will prevail. I also hope their Healamancer will be able to get to Trammenis with some juice left. Would be really hearthbreaking if they only realize Trammenis was wounded after they spend too much juice to save him. Wanda and Jack should really just have waited for Parson instructions, this is why he didnt wanna touch the tower, he was sure to win the ground battle but the air battle? Not so much. I sure hope Stanley will be smart enough to blame this defeat on Wanda instead of Parson though because, well, it is her fault.

We know from wanda the king is aware of these things. He probably knows his son is wounded, but there's not a lot he can do about that right now except try to increase the odds of a secure hex. As for Ossomer, it's more then just his livery changing, his side would be aware of the shift immediately because he'd register as one of their units again.
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:48 am

I find it a happy coincidence that two of the first 15 people to comment on this update have Ossome avatars. Ossomer needs more wuv, both in- and out-Erf-universe.

Lamech wrote:My prediction: Wanda can possess her decrypted similarly to how Charlie possess archons. Also bye-bye king Slately, hello king Ossomer. "The king is dead! Long delive the king!"

While I'm not sure the fates have frowned on Slately just yet, Ossomer looks almost as regal as can be. The only thing missing is a Tankaroo.

Knott wrote:What happened to Ossomer? Did I miss something?

Not much. He just became the New, New messiah of Erfworld. A decrypted unit that's independent of Wanda and- as yet unknown, but plausible to assume that he is- upkeep free.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby cloudbreaker » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:52 am

Woohoo! Erfworld! I can begin feeding my obsession once again.

Also, related to the actual update, we know that some of the archons have leadership, but they aren't commanders. I think we are seeing here why that matters.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Kaed » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:56 am

I think this I the perfect time to try my best to get back into this community again. I'm sure you've all missed me.

Some of you?

One of you?

BLANDCorporatio wrote:I find it a happy coincidence that two of the first 15 people to comment on this update have Ossome avatars. Ossomer needs more wuv, both in- and out-Erf-universe.

While I'm not sure the fates have frowned on Slately just yet, Ossomer looks almost as regal as can be. The only thing missing is a Tankaroo.

Not much. He just became the New, New messiah of Erfworld.

the fanboys. Much like Wanda, I never saw Ossomer as very interesting. More a kind of meaty wall. A shield of meat, if you will. Useful for screening, but not much else.

Fortunately that's exactly what Jetstone needs right now, just to have a chance of surviving the turn.

Ten turns, or more from now? They're going to need some Tremmenisly good diplomacy.

And I think Cubbins iced the leadership Archons. Cause those bitches be falling to pieces.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions