Raining Men preorder

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Raining Men preorder

Postby BobVosh » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 am

Spoiler: show
Hello, Erfworld supporter! You are receiving this because you pre-ordered Book 2, Issue 2: It's Raining Men.

In April, I promised that these books would ship by our relaunch date, August 6, or I'd send you a hardcover book. That did not happen, but we came booping close and I'm going to ask you to understand and settle for a lesser consolation prize: namely a $10 store credit.

See, I paid an enormous amount of money to have them air-shipped from our printer in China so we could meet this deadline. They were set to arrive on Monday, no sweat. But the paperwork in US Customs was borked, and we could not get that straightened out for 3 days. They finally arrived today. Here is the DHL tracking info, as you can see. http://www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/expres ... 8631683082

The books are here now, I am signing them, and Linda and I will be packing them up for hours. We will get them out the door tomorrow.

BTW they're really beautiful. Here are some pics:

Anyway, the short of it is that I feel very badly about how long this has taken and missing my promised deadline, but with the hardcover books going to 11 x 17 size and not even being sent to the printer yet, I just can't afford to send out hundreds of those. I hope you will accept my apologies and the store credit instead.

Thank you all for your support, and enjoy your Issue 2s when they arrive.

I just spoiled the email I got from the Erfworld team. I want to say I don't want my $10 credit, I preorder and bought the book because I want to support Erfworld not get a free book from it. I posted this in hopes that more of the people that preordered with me feel the same way and refuse to take more money from you since I still think that 10 bucks is a pittance for the quality that goes into this.

Not a full blown rant, but there you have it.
BobVosh

Re: Raining Men preorder

Postby One Skunk Todd » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am

I also do not need a credit. And I wouldn't mind having a misprint, if that's what the second email means. It would actually be more collectible, not that I intend to part with mine while I'm alive.
One Skunk Todd
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby balder » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Hey you guys who say you don't need the store credit, I appreciate that. But 1) we really dropped the ball on these books and 2) there will be a bunch of new items coming to the store from the Kickstarter, so hang on to it because there probably will be stuff you'd like to have, and 3) if you don't want it for merch, there will still be things you can do with your store credit on the new Erfworld.com website that don't involve ordering stuff. You'll be able to turn it into Shmuckers and give those to other people on the website for nice fan art and comics and comments you like. So really, I want you guys to have this $10 credit and you want it whether you know it yet or not. :mrgreen:
balder

Postby heng » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:25 pm

yup, exactly.
i already replied to rob's mail saying so... no reply yet, think he is getting spammed with replies. ^^

edit: gah.. ninjaed by the man himself....
heng

Postby cservant » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Just letting anyone who's interested know, my copy arrived. Location: CANADA, Vancouver.

*sigh* Nice and bent. Wish the delivery or post guys don't do that.
Wait a minute...
cservant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby heng » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:34 am

aaaand finally arrival in germany.
i feel soooo like living behind the moon, order-wise. :)
heng

Return to Everything Else Erfworld