Who's Banging

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Who's Banging

Postby benthehater » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:12 pm

In a world that doesn't actually have sexual reproduction in it, expressions of what I have to believe are sex and love still seem to be a significant part of Erfworld.

To try to get a better idea of what love and nookie might mean in Erfworld, I'm trying to piece together all the existing relationships that are at least somewhat sexual in nature.

Feel free to add and correct should you be so inclined.

Jillian can't help but bang Wanda.
Wanda bangs Stanley to influence him.
After a lengthy flirtation, Ansom and Jillian bang.
Vinnie bangs 3 Archons like the Fonz.
Jillian and Vinnie have a grief bang.
Archons are used as bang objects by clients of Charlescomm and then disposed of.
Tommy got banged by Olive.
Parson elects not to bang the decrypted Archons.
Jack has an unrequited longing for Jillian.
It's plausible (to me) that Sizemore and Janice have banged.

I'm sure there's more that I've missed.
benthehater
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Who's Banging

Postby balder » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Sizemore banged Uhura.
balder

Postby the_tick_rules » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:02 am

hey if you could bang without having to worry bout babies i say go to town with it.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby Drahken » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:23 am

I found the overabundance of the term "bang" in your post to be hilarious. I think it would even funnier if it turned out to be the official in-world terminology, like how all instances of die/dead/death are replaced with "croak". And if it were an actual skill (like if a Hippymancer had +2 to Bang skill rating) I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing for a month.
Drahken

Postby Saladman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:20 pm

benthehater wrote:Parson elects not to bang the decrypted Archons.

Or... did he? What did happen in the mysterious edited text update?

No, seriously, what exactly did happen? I know there was an edit and I can guess at the direction it went, but I missed out on the original and it drives me crazy every time I get reminded of it.

It's plausible (to me) that Sizemore and Janice have banged.

I disagree on this one; it seems like too much of a departure from their mentoring relationship, and I think from her signamancy, age and leadership position Janice might be wiser than or at least past that as a Hippiemancer.

I do wonder about Sizemore and Maggie, after their meeting of the minds and finding they were compatible in a link. On the one hand there haven't been any hints of it, though on the other hand Maggie at least seems capable of keeping it quiet and professional given her advice to Parson.
Saladman
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby benthehater » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Saladman wrote:
benthehater wrote:Parson elects not to bang the decrypted Archons.

Or... did he? What did happen in the mysterious edited text update?

No, seriously, what exactly did happen? I know there was an edit and I can guess at the direction it went, but I missed out on the original and it drives me crazy every time I get reminded of it.

I don't know! This is news to me actually. I'd guess I'd have to go with the retconjurors though, and say the reality reflects the what we do have to read. I think it's plausible that he was really tempted, but that it didn't feel quite "right".

Saladman wrote:
benthehater wrote:It's plausible (to me) that Sizemore and Janice have banged.

I disagree on this one; it seems like too much of a departure from their mentoring relationship, and I think from her signamancy, age and leadership position Janice might be wiser than or at least past that as a Hippiemancer.

I do wonder about Sizemore and Maggie, after their meeting of the minds and finding they were compatible in a link. On the one hand there haven't been any hints of it, though on the other hand Maggie at least seems capable of keeping it quiet and professional given her advice to Parson.

I don't see Maggie banging. As was pointed out by the dude, Sizemore's magic kingdom mojo greatly exceeded what we'd otherwise expect from a kind of meek and geeky person, which I suspect actually is more reflective of the unique values of what makes a person desirable in the MK than Sizemore suddenly having confidence and such. With that in mind, I'd have to withdraw the suggestion of Sizemore and Janice banging, which I'd more attributed to a hippy value of free loving than an intense longing.

Maybe Maggie is a thinkabanger. I'm not actually sure what I mean by that, but it seemed a fun way to make the words themselves bang.

But I've let this entire idea stew for a bit. And I think I have my little hypothesis going regarding love and banging in Erfworld.

Love is weaponized. In most cases, it really looks like "love" scenarios are out of balance. Those that love are ripe for exploiting by those who are loved. I think this is most stark in our prequel story, but is present to some degree in most of the individual cases of genuine longing. I might go as far as to suggest that love is a hidden stat that exists in potential conflict with loyalty. That conditions are set on a unit where love would otherwise override loyalty, or if not that much, love would completely deteriorate a unit's ability to make sound decisions. Tommy did not want to join Olive's side, but he sure as bang places an excessive amount of trust in an enemy and paid a high price for it.

Jillian's love and banging seems to present it at its most complicated though. There's no easy explanation of how she could both love Wanda and Ansom. Fortunately, based on Earthworld love, it doesn't really require an explanation at all. People in either Earthworld or Erfworld apparently do not get to choose who they love, and all are vulnerable accordingly.
benthehater

Postby drachefly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:48 am

The new text update refers to some level 1 non-leadership action.
drachefly

Return to Everything Else Erfworld