Architecture in Erfworld

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Architecture in Erfworld

Postby Anton Gaist » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:31 pm

I'm thinking, and I think this is what MoD means, that cities provide resources. Not just meals and units, but also some kind of good that can be either traded or converted to schmuckers.

So if Jillian gets her own city, she would possibly have a slow but steady income she could turn into units. Or TV could "loan" her schmuckers to start her off, which she would later have to repay, be it in cash or through favors to the Don.
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist

Postby moose o death » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:47 am

that's the one.

if jillian takes FAQ back, the city will/might change to match her style.

ie something of a mercenary city.

with this drastic change it's possible the natural resources of the hex may be reset. faq was surviving on farming and jillians merc fee's. it may be plausible that she could regain mineable assets.

or like somone else mentioned maybe precious resources replenish over time. but if whole meals can pop fully prepared in erf i find it odd resources don't. granted the upkeep costs pay for said meals.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Anton Gaist » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:40 am

Well we know upkeep can be reduced if food is supplied from an external source, like hunting. So farming would make sense, and under that idea farmed animals would have monetary value and could be traded. And they would replenish over time, as would wood, vegetables, etc.

And from that, maybe building is cheaper when you have the necessary resources, so upgrading a city could cost less if there is a cache of building materials available.

I was going for a "get wood for sheep" joke, but I sorta forgot how I planned on getting there.
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist

Postby moose o death » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:15 am

i'm not sure if there are any kiwi's wandering about here anyway

which has a 50% chance of getting me banned but anyway
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:48 am

Banned for what, for being to specific? Everyone has someone that they accuse of just that. "Where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous." There's a joke in there about kilts and zippers too.

Farming made sense in terms of upkeep for Faq: Jill had previously mentioned that Faq had farms. Whether these could somehow be turned into shmuckers is a question to which we have no answer, but we know that it's unlikely that Faq was directly trading with anyone else, unless they sent out trading caravans the pretended to be from elsewhere, the Gibeonite gambit.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld