Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 77

Postby balder » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:51 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 77

Postby Justyn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:54 am

Pew! Pew! Pew! :D
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby vintermann » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:31 am

I wonder what Lloyd is saying not good, not good to?
vintermann
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Duric » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:56 am

My guess is Lloyd is having a hard time keeping the tank up with the speed his king is reciving damage
Duric
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Morni » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:39 am

hehehe I loved the sound effect.

I wonder if the king will level up during the fight.
Morni

Postby Wymmerdann » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:50 am

Youch, looks like they took out Slately's cloak on the first pass.

How many hits would it take to croak him? More than 1?
Wymmerdann

Postby Vorteks » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:04 am

I had to go back to find the significance of the cloak. Ace Hardware told the king that it would "negate one blast", so I guess it just served its purpose.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -09-16.jpg
Vorteks
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby fehler » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:16 am

A falling archon? As opposed to dusting? That could be interesting.
fehler

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:18 am

While they seem to be holding their own just fine, I'm also not seeing Jetstone making any progress on the "we need to capture these Archons" plan. Depending on the severity of whatever Lloyd is worried about, I expect Slately is going to survive....but he's not gonna get his heir either....
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:06 am

The way they fire their enchanted items so solemnly. It's just... Wow. No one ever says pew pew so seriously. Sometimes I wonder how much erfworld really is unaware of their references and how much is the casters screwing with everyone...

And just what are you up to, Dittomancer?
Last edited by Kaed on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Toper » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:08 am

Does anyone else think the Brontë sisters are a really weird choice for Archon names? It doesn't exactly say peppy and bubbly like the rest of the names have.
Toper
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 am

Kaed wrote:The way they fire their enchanted items so solemnly. It's just... Wow. No one ever says pew pew so seriously. Sometimes I wonder how much erfworld really is unaware of their references and how much is the casters screwing with everyone...

Ya know, that brings up the original question that's been hanging around forever....what IS Erfworld? Is Parson dreaming it? Is it actually real but it have some kind of connection to to "Stupidworld"? I mean, the fact that we are seeing events Parson isn't present for makes the dream explanation increasingly unlikely, but you never know I suppose haha.
Either way....yes, I hope the Casters are trolling even worse than Charlie.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby DevilDan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:59 am

Toper wrote:Does anyone else think the Brontë sisters are a really weird choice for Archon names? It doesn't exactly say peppy and bubbly like the rest of the names have.

I was surprised myself. It's a little "high-brow" to begin with.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Saladman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:48 am

DevilDan wrote:
Toper wrote:Does anyone else think the Brontë sisters are a really weird choice for Archon names? It doesn't exactly say peppy and bubbly like the rest of the names have.

I was surprised myself. It's a little "high-brow" to begin with.

It is an eerie choice.
Saladman
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby querzis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:30 pm

0beron wrote:While they seem to be holding their own just fine, I'm also not seeing Jetstone making any progress on the "we need to capture these Archons" plan. Depending on the severity of whatever Lloyd is worried about, I expect Slately is going to survive....but he's not gonna get his heir either....

They dont actually need to capture any of them you know, they get money from dusting them too. They just get a bonus if they manage to bring a live one (well...an undead one) to Charlie.

And «Pew» activate Ace weapons. Best Dollamancer ever.

Wymmerdann wrote:Youch, looks like they took out Slately's cloak on the first pass.

How many hits would it take to croak him? More than 1?

He didnt get hit, it was just his cloak. Hence the «uncloaked» sound effect. Man I love the sound effects in this comic.
querzis

Postby Zain » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:59 pm

0beron wrote:While they seem to be holding their own just fine, I'm also not seeing Jetstone making any progress on the "we need to capture these Archons" plan. Depending on the severity of whatever Lloyd is worried about, I expect Slately is going to survive....but he's not gonna get his heir either....

If I had to guess, I'd throw it out there that attacking with a command word of "pew pew" might be more of a stun-and-capture on the guantlet and weapon. While it could just be the word made for the King's weapon, we already know from this page that Ossomer's guantlet has a command word of "Tesla".

No idea what Lloyd's deal is though, unless he's doubling some healomancy, or doubling their attack shots and just can't keep up, or is running out of juice.
Zain

Postby TamLin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Why does the Archon refer to Slately as "corrupt"? This stands out to me because it seems there's always an effort to villify the king, and yet, other than being a bit arrogant (shock of shocks), he does not seem to have done anything to warrant it.
TamLin

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 pm

She could have been referring to Ossomer actually, referring to the fact that he turned back to Jetstone.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Roketter » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Suddenly attacking the archons doesn't look like the brightest idea... there seems to be a swarm of them.
Roketter

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:25 pm

0beron wrote:Ya know, that brings up the original question that's been hanging around forever....what IS Erfworld? Is Parson dreaming it? Is it actually real but it have some kind of connection to to "Stupidworld"? I mean, the fact that we are seeing events Parson isn't present for makes the dream explanation increasingly unlikely, but you never know I suppose haha.

The fact that we saw events before Parson was even pulled in should indicate that it isn't a dream. The puns that we get but the Erfworlders don't can simply be a case of common or nonsense words in Erfworld language matching meaningful puns in ours, like how "Oui, oui" ('yes, yes') in French is "wee-wee" (slang for urine or male genitalia) in English. Given infinite parallel universes, there would be at least one where there are an abundance of such matches.
MarbitChow

Next

Return to Reactions