A New Life (PbP Game)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: A New Life (PbP Game)

Postby MuthSera » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:17 pm

"You get away from him!" Joshua's voice is heard shouting.

Thump
SHLUNK.
Thump

"Erk.. Erk..."

*Sound similar to that of somebody throwing up*
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby MuthSera » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Then there was quiet, from outside the gate.
The party behind had grown cheerful.
Hushed discussion could be heard in the mist.
Out of the mist came Lothmar and Joshua, each dragging Noah back, by a foot.
Tied to Noah, wrapped up in a blanket, was a corpse. A very bloody one. It appeared to be the middle caster.

"w-who.. Who has mending? We need to start as soon as possible. And somebody unable to cast.. needs to go tell the angels to keep singing until we finish the spell..!"

Joshua stops dragging him, and plops down in the snow, and immediately starts casting the spell.
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Raigne quickly forgot about flagging the trail left by the mages as Lothmar and Joshua emerged from the fog. Her stomach turned a little at the sight of the bloody corpse and she turned on her heal and ran toward the angels, to get away from it. She frantically waved her arms and shouted up at them, "Keep playing that song! PLEASE!"
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:26 am

Realising that she can't do anything for Noah, and that nobody else is in desperate need of healing, Lady goes to investigate the corpse, if it is indeed dead.
LadyBhaal

Postby chrono » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:30 am

Since he was unable to help, Chrono ran as quickly as he could to collect the gear he dropped during the battle (bow and mace).
Then he went back to join the others around Noah. Whoah, what happened out there? he says in a low voice, looking at Noah and giving the corpse occasional glances.

Not wanting to seem too selfish, Chrono waits for a bit, but finally asks Um... I don't wish to interrupt, but I really need to know what that guy did to my face. Does anybody have a mirror?
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby MuthSera » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:18 am

*Visible mark on Chrono's forehead: FAIL.*

Lady: The body has a massive gash in the torso, on the right side, so deep, it practically goes all the way to the spine.

He's wearing a ruined chain shirt, a holy symbol, and is carrying 300 gold, and gems.
Ink. Paper. (Stained red, now.)
Quills. Rations of bread and meat, all soaked in blood.
A small pearl.
A bag.

As Joshua worked, he seemed unsure of his choices. Easily frustrated, but was making very slow, visible progress. Occasionally he would glance up at others for guidance. He clearly doesn't feel like he knows what he's doing.
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:19 pm

"If you cant help, try to pull your magic trainers aside from the party and see if they have magic to help." He added to no one in particular still near noahs body as he had helped drag it in. "Alright, I dont think I can help directly but i'll do what I can. But we wont help him at all if we start to panic, take a deep breath." He adds to Joshua. "You can do this, you were chosen so have some confidence in your abilities," He adds with a reassuring smirk. "Now, how can I help?" He adds following direction as best he can with any materials he has at his disposal.

~Aid another~
Spoiler: show
(Gah, I play bards so often im used to just approaching any situation and saying, HAve a +'Blah' and a synergy XD)
Lothmar

Postby Raigne » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Raigne returned to the group, but hadn't heard chrono ask for a mirror. She cast her eyes down at the corpse, with the huge gash in it, gagged a little, and then went to Joshua's other side. She didn't know much about constructs. She'd have to ask her tutor for a book about them before she left. She knew a little about how to fit various things together, and while she wasn't sure how much help she could be, she inspected Noah's body and tried to make some helpful suggestions.

Also aide another. Chrono, ask again. I would take a look or do a spellcraft roll now, but I can't honestly say she would have heard the question, since she was running back into the crowd when you asked the first time.

Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Not that she was sure that the corpse is in fact a corpse, and not likely to worry them, she turns her attention to Noah, taking the holy symbol from the corpse first, just in case.

She looks at Joshua "This is all I can do for now, I hope this helps" Lady touches Noah and mutters a word

remove the holy symbol from the ex-cleric, if it doesn't stop the next action this round. Cast Virtual upon Noah
LadyBhaal

Postby chrono » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Oh for f**ck sake, chrono mutters under his breath as he approaches Noah. Goddamnit, can a guy get a response around here? Well, at least nobody's going "ohmigod, what's wrong with your face", which is a good start. Aw crap. That last thought when Chrono realized just how elbow-deep Joshua is into Noah's chest.

Shouldn't that bit go... he mutters as Joshua makes an unsure movement no, wait... I guess here and here, he reaches down to hold a few bits as Joshua reconnects them. After a moment he realizes things aren't going all that good and looks around for somebody who can help.

Lady, can you come here and give us a hand? Noah seems to be a mess.
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby LadyBhaal » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Lady looked at Chrono "What can I do to help?"
LadyBhaal

Postby chrono » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:00 pm

Chrono gives a little shrug. Good question. What are we really doing?
Well we're helping hold pieces together until Joshua here figures out how to put them back in a working condition. We can use an extra hand. Or you can try something else... Really, this looks like a good time to try anything at all and if you know anything about mechanics or healing you'd better come over.
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby MuthSera » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Joshua finishes his repairs.
Noah's internals twitch like a poorly tuned car engine.
Joshua pulls his arms out of Noah's chest and then casts a spell.
He touches Noah.
Noah's organic components reach out for one another, re-attaching at several key points.
"Cure spells work." He announces, matter-of-factly.
He casts another spell.
He touches Noah.
Noah's internals heal even further.
Noah has regained consciousness.
Joshua leans back, and glances at Lady. "He will fall unconscious if they stop singing." He then turns to Noah. "You might want to do your best to fix yourself." ...
MuthSera

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:26 pm

Noah awakes and tries to move, with difficulty. Looking down he sees the destruction to his chest.

"Help me sit up," he says and begins to survey the damage. Trying to hold himself together and will his body to heal, he whispers, "Mending."
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby chrono » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Chrono takes a few small steps back and regards the magical healing and mending from a few feet away. Whoah, freaky... he mutters.
It takes a few seconds after Noah self-mends, then Chrono seems to get a grip. Right. Okay. he says with a confident tone, most likely using it to reassure himself. I think we need to have a little chat with the Avatar. Right about now there are a few suspicions I need answered.

Now that we've taken care of Noah will it be too much trouble for someone to please TAKE A LOOK AT MY FRIGGIN' FACE? Ahem. Thanks :)
I mean seriously, I've been next to everybody for the duration of the whole dig-in-Noah exercise and I even spoke to Lady and nobody noticed the sign on my forehead?
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby MuthSera » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:25 pm

Noah heals 3 points of damage, and loses 3 subdual damage.(in 5 minutes. Mmm. Cutting this down to 1 minute.)

Chrono has the word "FAIL!" written on his forehead in plain english.
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:41 pm

"Im sure we all have questions we'd like~," He stops as he turns to look at chrono as he talks and blinks a few times as if to confirm his suspicions. "...I'd roll a spot check Chrono, but I think I 'failed'." He says with a stupid grin trying not to openly laugh. "Yeah, looks like our side isnt the only one with champions from our respective gaming planes." He adds with a chuckle. "But that's just speculation, unless 'Fail' is simply a similiar sounding word in another language of course." He adds motioning with his finger as if underlinging the word on his head.

"Well regardless, lets secure the party... Lets close these gates at least until the festivities are over, if they want or need to im sure they can get 'em open again later, the snows melting with the spell and all. And the guards can warn us if they spot anything so we can keep the party on track." He pauses and rubs his shoulders. "Though personally, I think i'd prefer a little R&R cause man they sure did a number on us."

~He motions to the guards and gets them to help him with the gates~
Lothmar

Postby Raigne » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:37 pm

Raigne finally looks up at Chrono and half successfully tries to stifle a snort of laughter. "I bet if you had missed with that attack, the word "Epic" would be up there too." She regains her composure and looks pointedly at Joshua. "What happened out there? Because I know none of you did that." She points at the corpse with that last word.

Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Wondering why she thought that cures wouldn't work, and surprised that Joshua had said that cures do work, Lady places her hand upon Noah "Heal"

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Noah as a full action, disposing of Doom to do so
LadyBhaal

Postby MuthSera » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Raigne wrote: She regains her composure and looks pointedly at Joshua. "What happened out there? Because I know none of you did that." She points at the corpse with that last word.

Joshua looks at Lothmar uneasily and then glances at the corpse again. He places a hand on his stomach and looks queasy. "H-he was going to stab him.." he points to Noah. "L-lothmar disarmed him, and then ran him through. Then I threw up.. cause it was really gross. He was so fast. It was really amazing." He quickly heads back into town, towards his house, without another word.
MuthSera

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games