Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 034

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 034

Postby balder » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:01 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 034

Postby fjolnir » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Jack is certainly smitten isn't he, and Jillian is dense. Now we realize that the prediction is about Wanda and was the whole time...
fjolnir

Postby cloudbreaker » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Not what I was expecting to read in this update, but certainly interesting. Always interesting.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby jkosta » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Because I'm not going to be the only person who wants this link: http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/IPTSF_Text_21
jkosta

Postby 0beron » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Holy Titans testes, Wanda is OLD!
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:12 pm

How old exactly?
Lamech

Postby Swodaems » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:17 pm

I, for one, would have liked to have actually seen Jillian's attempts at persuading the court to change its mind. (And a more detailed aftermath of Marie's annoucement.) Sure, the dialogue would probably have been somewhat more boring than this update, but listening to Jillian whine more about her inability to change things grates.

So, it appears that the reason that Rusty isn't well liked in court may be something besides his disipline. My opinion of the court rises somewhat if the reason they dislike Rusty is because of his behavior instead of how he happened to pop.
Lamech wrote:How old exactly?

She was 33 turns old at the meeting Jack describes. Royal heirs take 60 turns without a turnamancer, so Wanda is older than Jillian by at least 93 turns.
Swodaems

Postby Nnelg » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:00 am

Wow... Rusty Trombone certainly is an *AHEM* Naughtymancer...[/lamepun]

As for Wanda's age, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter at all in Erfworld culture. I mean, units pop fully-formed, and don't really change much over time. Besides, what's a thousand turns, really? Three years, Earth time? Not all that much in retrospect...
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Lamech » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:07 am

Swodaems wrote:I, for one, would have liked to have actually seen Jillian's attempts at persuading the court to change its mind. (And a more detailed aftermath of Marie's annoucement.) Sure, the dialogue would probably have been somewhat more boring than this update, but listening to Jillian whine more about her inability to change things grates.

So, it appears that the reason that Rusty isn't well liked in court may be something besides his disipline. My opinion of the court rises somewhat if the reason they dislike Rusty is because of his behavior instead of how he happened to pop.
Lamech wrote:How old exactly?

She was 33 turns old at the meeting Jack describes. Royal heirs take 60 turns without a turnamancer, so Wanda is older than Jillian by at least 93 turns.
That isn't that much older in Erfworld terms. Now how old is Jillian...
Lamech

Postby Direcoyote » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:17 am

Atleast 200 turns old by this point. That's the last time anyone called her a princess
Direcoyote

Postby Saladman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 am

Yeah, that was unexpected. (Or if it wasn't, this is one case where you don't want the credit for calling it.)

I do wonder how much of this is just how Rusty popped (a real possibility for a Naughtymancer), or how much is due to being a disused and despised unit. For instance, Ace Hardware got a "satisfied feeling of fulfilling his Duty" even from working on golems he otherwise disliked. But once the tower's spelled up, then given Faq's pacificism a Shockmancer like Rusty may not have any other outlet for his Juice. (Sorry.) Its not a recipe for a well-adjusted Unit in a world where Duty is a real force.
Saladman
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby DoctorJest » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:12 am

Saladman wrote:Yeah, that was unexpected. (Or if it wasn't, this is one case where you don't want the credit for calling it.)

I do wonder how much of this is just how Rusty popped (a real possibility for a Naughtymancer), or how much is due to being a disused and despised unit. For instance, Ace Hardware got a "satisfied feeling of fulfilling his Duty" even from working on golems he otherwise disliked. But once the tower's spelled up, then given Faq's pacificism a Shockmancer like Rusty may not have any other outlet for his Juice. (Sorry.) Its not a recipe for a well-adjusted Unit in a world where Duty is a real force.

Given the Signamancy of his name, I'd say he was popped that way.
DoctorJest

Postby MonteCristo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:25 am

Nnelg wrote:Wow... Rusty Trombone certainly is an *AHEM* Naughtymancer...[/lamepun]

As for Wanda's age, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter at all in Erfworld culture. I mean, units pop fully-formed, and don't really change much over time. Besides, what's a thousand turns, really? Three years, Earth time? Not all that much in retrospect...

Yes it seems like age isn't really much of a factor on erfworld... a Units appearance seems like its mostly dependent on personality and lifestyle than anything else.

And ya a turn is about a day in erfworld so a thousands turns would be about 2.7 years.
Wanda is probably only about 3-4 months older than jillian.

Lamech wrote:That isn't that much older in Erfworld terms. Now how old is Jillian...

you mean in this flashback or overall?
As Direcoyote has mentioned, in the flashback she is over 200 turns old...

As for how old she is as of the main storyline... I forget where it was mentioned, but i do recall one of the text updates (probably during the summer) stating that she was over 700 turns old... though i'm not sure what the context was; though i'm thinking that might have been how long she's been a mercenary... not sure
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:38 am

Well that's made Wanda's relationship with Jillian look vaguely incestuous. There's been a strong possibility that Jillian was created because of Wanda's destiny for some time of course, but now it's been confirmed, well...

It gets harder to see how Wanda can ever work for these people with every update.

The 'soon' part of the Prediction remains fascinating.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby GJC » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:39 am

Mmh. Interesting update, certainly, though I'm not sure what purpose the ending is supposed to serve. We already know erfworlders have fetishes, this just seems to reflect negatively on Rusty. But interesting to know that Jillan was popped as a response to Wanda. Fates entwined indeed.
GJC

Postby hajo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:57 am

Love ? Maybe not ;)
Battlefield ? Definitly :lol:
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
hajo

Postby Crod » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:58 am

That was.. uhm.. weird and unexpected. Where is this going?
Crod
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Smoker » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:37 am

Saladman wrote:Rusty may not have any other outlet for his Juice.

:shock:

I shall never look at spell-casting the same way again.
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby drachefly » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:37 am

Setting aside the obvious notion that he really shouldn't be doing this at all... What lack of judgement to do this tonight of all nights. Couldn't he put it on hold?

So I'd suggest he intended to be found. For shock value.
drachefly

Postby Whispri » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:30 am

Here's a question, how the boop can Future Era Jillian not suspect Wanda of having a hand in Faq's destruction? She should be the number one suspect after this, Dwagons or no. I can see Jillian not wanting to think about it, but after Wanda made it clear she was backing Stanley to the hilt of her own free will...
Whispri

Next

Return to Reactions