Looking for Game! I have questions...

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Looking for Game! I have questions...

Postby zilfallon » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:48 am

Hi people.
I am some guy who joined years ago, but had to stop being active because of real life issues at about the last quarter of 2010. now, with a bit free time on my hands, i'm back to erfworld forums.

i want to take part in a forum game or two, but honestly, i was too lazy to browse through 2 years worth of topics to see which one's are active and which are recruiting :D

I'm more interested in games like these:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1890
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1659

for people who simply feel demotivated to click links: first link is ltdave's matrix campaign(which was completed), the second link is siralus' "world of erfcraft" which was a super-fun game but ended because the GM disappeared.

ps: i hope i'm not completely forgotten and people i used to know are still alive and well :D
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Re: Looking for Game! I have questions...

Postby 0beron » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 am

Unfortunately there is a small dry spell in available games right now.

One more first person game is still in recruitment phase right now, BLAND'SContagion

And Kaed's Erfgame Take 3 has just ended recruitment but it is a beta test so I'm sure there will be opportunities to jump in on another playtest down the line.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Pashalik Mons » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:57 am

Well, we should get some more newbs in here, then! Oh, hey, look, a newb.

Anyway, I just wanted to officially stop lurking and start posting, even though the only game that seems to be recruiting right now is Contagion, and it looked like they had enough people already. So, hello!
Pashalik Mons

Postby Nnelg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:54 am

Well this entire concept of playing homebrewed strategy games on a forum is something of a novelty for me, and I find myself chomping at the bit to dive headlong into it.

It might be worth making a note of the fact that I'm a wargamer who's also a programmer. What this means is that no matter how complex the rules become, odds are I'll still consider it a "light" game. Seriously.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Does anyone have interest in joining the Darkness Rising game? When it was originally started, the number of players was arbitrarily capped at 8, but additional players could be added in the near future, as soon as the current scenario ends. Since it is a cooperative game instead of a competitive game, new players could join at 1st level without being at a severe disadvantage.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Marbit, what level are the current players in Darkness Rising?
I would be interested in building a Leadership Archer, but I'm already involved in 2 games at the moment so I'll yield to new players without a game if you are putting a cap on this second "wave".
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:34 pm

0beron wrote:Marbit, what level are the current players in Darkness Rising?
I would be interested in building a Leadership Archer, but I'm already involved in 2 games at the moment so I'll yield to new players without a game if you are putting a cap on this second "wave".

Existing players will be Level 4 at the end of the current scenario. New players would start at Level 1, most likely.
Note that a Leadership/Archer build wouldn't actually have leadership until 2nd level. Starting characters get 4 AP to spend: Archer costs 2, and Leadership 3.
As this is a cooperative game, I honestly don't see a need to cap the maximum players at all. I capped it for the starting scenario to keep it to a single stack (just so one person wouldn't get left out of the leadership bonus early on).
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Yeah I was aware of the point limitation. I figure that plot permitting I'd join with the level 4's until I hit level 2 and then split off with my own stack of basic Archers/mixed group of other new players.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Pashalik Mons » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:18 am

I've looked over the Darkness Rising game, and, with respect, I must decline. It looks to be a party-oriented game, and I have D&D for that. If I'm playing something Erfworld, I wanna control a side, you know?
Pashalik Mons

Postby The Colonel » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:19 am

JOIN IT, IT'S AWESOME!
The Colonel

Postby Lord of Monies » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:25 am

I'm not doing much of anything at the moment (yay unemployment) so I might get in on darkness rising for the hell of it. I'll skim through the topic for anything on character set-up, but it's a big topic so if anyone online now wants to help me out and link me to where-ever necessary, then fantastic, thanks.

Scratch that, found the topic with all the stuff in. Looking through now. I will ask what the general build of all the characters is, though. If there's a particular character build that's missing, for example, then I'll see if I fancy filling it.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:03 am

Current player builds for quick summary:

Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 3} [ Special: Heavy, Well-armed.]
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 3} [ Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow x2]
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 3} [ Special: Heavy.]
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 4} [ Special: Leadership, Improved Leadership, Dance Fighting]
Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 3} [ Special: Fly]
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster (Shockamancy) {Lvl 3}
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster (Healamancy) {Lvl 3}
Bill (The Colonel): Caster(Croakamancy) {Lvl 3}

Links in my signature will take you to the rules creation; it's due for a bit of an overhaul after the current scenario completes.
MarbitChow

Postby Lord of Monies » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 am

Hmm, couple of combat-heavy units, selection of casters and others with points yet to spend or saving up for something bigger. Perhaps not much in the way of an effective defense. Right, I'll be taking the bodyguard route then. Liked the look of it when I saw it, and I imagine BLAND will love me for it so as to cover his lacking defense on a mighty blow round. Casters will love me too, just in general. Probably a good idea to keep close to Oberron's eventual leadership archer too. Too much demand maybe? Best make sure my later levels get me a ton of extra hits then.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby The Colonel » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:44 am

I already love you, in a totally platonic way of course.
The Colonel

Postby Lord of Monies » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Yay! Platonic love for all! Except for our enemies who shall fall by our hands.
Lord of Monies

Postby Nnelg » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Pashalik Mons wrote:I've looked over the Darkness Rising game, and, with respect, I must decline. It looks to be a party-oriented game, and I have D&D for that. If I'm playing something Erfworld, I wanna control a side, you know?

Same here. If we could get enough people together, we could probably start a game with similar rules to this one.
Last edited by Nnelg on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby LTDave » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Hey Zilfalon - welcome back.
Hi others.

I'm LTDave, runner & writer of some of various games on this forum.
I like forum gaming - it's fun.
I also dislike it, as it is extremely frustrating.
I'm not into RPGs. I'm a wargamer. I like Nations and Empire games, but hate getting stuck down in the details. I'm big picture.

I'm thinking of running another matrix style game, but we're kind of expecting a bundle of joy in the next few weeks, so that might not happen.

Cheers
LTDave

Postby zilfallon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:59 am

LTDave wrote:Hey Zilfalon - welcome back.
Hi others.

I'm LTDave, runner & writer of some of various games on this forum.
I like forum gaming - it's fun.
I also dislike it, as it is extremely frustrating.
I'm not into RPGs. I'm a wargamer. I like Nations and Empire games, but hate getting stuck down in the details. I'm big picture.

I'm thinking of running another matrix style game, but we're kind of expecting a bundle of joy in the next few weeks, so that might not happen.

Cheers

hey dave, thanks for welcome
i'm definitely in if you run another matrix style game.

Pashalik Mons wrote:I've looked over the Darkness Rising game, and, with respect, I must decline. It looks to be a party-oriented game, and I have D&D for that. If I'm playing something Erfworld, I wanna control a side, you know?

I agree with you there. I already play d&d, but my d&d group doesn't like erfworld (they should just jump off a cliff, i know, right? :P) so if i play a game here, i must control a side!
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nnelg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 pm

So then, we have at least three people who have expressed interest in a large-scale (i.e. controlling sides) Erf game, including myself. That seems like enough to start some actual planning to me.

The question is... Who's doing the paperwork?
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm already involved in a "side-controlling" Erf-sim, but there seem to be issues with consistency. Of our 2 Titans, one has vanished entirely for over a week now, and the other seems overwhelmed between work and the game. If this resolves itself, I'll likely be too busy to join yet another game. But in the meantime I'll be happy to help out offering suggestions and whatnot. And if my game ends up flopping, I'll jump into yours if able.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Next

Return to Your Games