Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:59 am

I'd suggest Archers focus a single target so we can hope to kill it faster and make sure it doesn't get a second turn. Unfortunately we have no hope of killing one before they get their first turn haha.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:12 am

It's a hit!

You deal 1.8 damage to the wolf.

Second Archer will (I presume) also strike at the same wolf. Also a hit, and another 1.8 hits are gone.

Combat is 50 for the Wolves and Patty flippers, so I'm selecting a random unit from among these to strike first. It's Bob Posgen, who strikes at the wolf on the right. It's a hit, and deals 2.7 damage.

Rolling again from among 5 units. ETheBoyce's Patty flipper gets to strike, also on the rightmost wolf. It's a hit, and deals 2.7 damage.

Rolling again from among 4 units. Rightmost wolf gets to strike. It hits ETheBoyce's Patty flipper for 5Dmg.

Watermonkey314's Patty flipper strikes the leftmost wolf. Inflicts 2.7 damage to it.

Leftmost wolf strikes. It misses.

Swodaems' Patty flipper strikes at the leftmost wolf. Inflicts 2.7 damage.

0beron's Harkin targets the wolf stack. Misses leftmost wolf, inflicts 1.8 damage to rightmost wolf.

kriss1989's Jolly Bee heals 2Dmg points from ETheBoyce's Patty flipper.

current stats:

Left Wolf has 6Hits remaining. Right wolf has 7.8Hits remaining.

ETheBoyce's Patty flipper has 7H remaining.

All other units are at max health.

It's the Archer's turn again.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:19 am

Heads-up, I'm AFK starting now until sometime Sunday. I'll process the remainder of the battle then (my guess, one more turn and you can the left wolf unless you're really unlucky, and depending on how you strike, you may kill the right one in the next turn as well).

Hint, one of the actions you can take is "Defend", and this will halve damage done to you. Either focus on finishing both wolves on this turn, or prepare for one more wolf swipe and have your damaged Patty Flipper defend. Or not ;)
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 am

SHOOT THE LEFT WO... wait, I'm not logged in as The Colonel. Shoot the left wolf again, please.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:23 am

Well, I can take care of this.

You shoot. You hit. 1.8 damage dealt to left wolf, leaving it with 4.2Hits.

I won't assume anything on the second archer shot though. Shooting either wolf makes sense.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 am

I HIT THE WOLF AGAIN!
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:10 am

Ok Missed most of the first round but that left Wolf is Toast. Gonna shoot him again.
Werebiscuit

Postby kriss1989 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:29 pm

jolly Bee's name is Bridget, and she is so not looking forward to dragging the corpses back. They already stink enough. Anyway, healing going to whichever friendly unit is the most beat up.
This is no longer a case of Checkov's Gun, but Checkov's frickin Arsenal. Chekhov's Munitions Factory. Chekhov's Ordnance Ordinance. Chekhov's Exorbitant Explosive Excess.
kriss1989

Postby 0beron » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 pm

kriss1989 wrote:jolly Bee's name is Bridget, and she is so not looking forward to dragging the corpses back.

Don't worry, Harkin will do it, drag 'em both back by their tails hehehe :) Our next battle(s) will be against single units, so having an Archon in the stack doesn't help in the least, whereas our healer is vital.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:17 pm

0beron wrote:
kriss1989 wrote:jolly Bee's name is Bridget, and she is so not looking forward to dragging the corpses back.

Don't worry, Harkin will do it, drag 'em both back by their tails hehehe :) Our next battle(s) will be against single units, so having an Archon in the stack doesn't help in the least, whereas our healer is vital.

I think our next battle may occur before you have a chance.
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Spoiler: show

Barbarian/wild units will tend to attack stacks that end turn within one hex of them. Even 2 hexes away is tempting enough if the wild/barbarian units are feeling aggressive.
Mad Cow: a Mad Cow (Melee/Magic/Force): 12H, 0Def, 50Combat, 85%CtH, 3Dmg (Matter), 85%CtH, Dementia (reduce combat by 20% of its value) (Mind), Heavy, Mount; grants 10Xp to the croaking stack

BLAND, is the mine we're currently in the hex marked by the pick and shovel or one of the two hexes under with it with half of the word 'mine' on them? (If it is the one with the pick and shovel, then I have to ask exactly how agressive a mad cow is.)

If the leftmost wolf is still around by my turn, I'll hit it. (Can I hit the right most wolf from my left most position?)
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:52 pm

MarbitChow wrote:SHOOT THE LEFT WO... wait, I'm not logged in as The Colonel. Shoot the left wolf again, please.

tee hee hee.
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 am

Let's deal with the combat first.

You shoot the wolf. It's a hit, and 1.8Hits are gone.

ETheBoyce's Patty flipper acts. If you don't mind I'll leave this action blank: you may want to defend, or strike the wolf. For now, I can work around that choice. (If you hit, the wolf would still be alive to strike back anyway).

Left wolf acts, and attacks Watermonkey314's Patty flipper. It misses.

Bob Posgen acts, and strikes the right wolf. It's a hit, and does 2.7 damage.

Watermonkey314's Patty flipper strikes at the left wolf. It's a hit and does 2.7 damage. Left wolf is dead.

Right wolf acts. It attacks ETheBoyce's Patty flipper. It hits, and does {?: did you defend?} damage.

Swodaems's Patty flipper attacks the right wolf. It's a hit, and does 2.7 damage.

Harkin acts, and manages to deal 1.8 damage to the last wolf.

Bridget heals 2Hits on ETheBoyce's Patty flipper.

-assuming ETheBoyce chose to attack: it was a hit, doing 2.7 damage. Right wolf is dead. The wolf dealt 5 damage to ETheBoyce's Patty flipper, and with Bridget's heal he now has 4H remaining.
-assuming ETheBoyce chose to defend: right wolf has 0.6Hits remaining. ETheBoyce's Patty flipper has 6.5H remaining.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:20 am

Swodaems wrote:BLAND, is the mine we're currently in the hex marked by the pick and shovel or one of the two hexes under with it with half of the word 'mine' on them? (If it is the one with the pick and shovel, then I have to ask exactly how agressive a mad cow is.)

It's safe to assume, for now, that I'll mark aggressive units as such. So, fear the wolf packs for example, but the cow is safe to camp 2 hexes away from.

Incidentally, since you now own the mine (or will, once a mere formality of closing the combat is done), you get the 10% def bonus if something were to attack you.

Swodaems wrote:If the leftmost wolf is still around by my turn, I'll hit it. (Can I hit the right most wolf from my left most position?)

As it happened, the left wolf was killed before your turn arrived. Then the right wolf became adjacent to you.

So anyway, wolf combat is done, unless you get seriously unlucky and miss both archer shots. I'd like to know which choice you made though before dealing the sweet XPs.

You did get lucky there with two misses from the left wolf. Random.org sure loves you.

(EDIT: on the topic of XPs, increased the XP grant to croaking stack, so that you'll level like Disciples. Slow, but not too slow.)
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:37 am

BLAND, can the healers heal out-of-combat, or only during combat? If they can heal out-of-combat, ETheBoyce's choice is a no-brainer, and the wolf is dead, then Bridget continues to heal ETheBoyce to full.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:46 am

MarbitChow wrote:BLAND, can the healers heal out-of-combat, or only during combat? If they can heal out-of-combat, ETheBoyce's choice is a no-brainer, and the wolf is dead, then Bridget continues to heal ETheBoyce to full.

I had the same question when playing Disciples. Turns out, oddly enough, the answer is no.

There is one trick healers can do however. Suppose a combat round starts, and the enemy is killed before the healer's turn arrives. The healer, nonetheless, gets one extra action.

So for example, if you attacked the wolf with all units, then the wolf is dead, and your Patty flipper has 4H remaining. Let's say that, instead, you had the Patty flipper defend. It's fairly likely your two archers will kill the wolf, and then it would immediately be the healer's turn again to act one more time. Bringing your Patty flipper to 8.5, aka 9H remaining. Not too shabby.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:09 am

Okay then regardless of how combat turns out, Harkin shall seize both wolf carcasses by the tail and begins to drag them back towards home, muttering under his breath "......bloody......uggdyefvgyufgyu.....cupcakes......fgfiugifu.....avocado...."
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 am

ETheBoyce should defend and count on the archers to drop, then; with two 85% shots, that's close enough to certain in my book that the extra heal is worth it, and even if both miss, he can defend again, so there's no chance for death.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:22 am

So it is then. The mystery action was a Defend, and this resulted in the wolf living to see another combat round ... which didn't last long, as one of your Archers put it out of its misery. Bridget gets another turn to heal your wounded Patty flipper.

Final stats after a fairly lucky combat- you managed to survive mostly unscathed, with ETheBoyce's Patty flipper at 9 Hits of 10 max.

Each of your units gets 10XP.

Dragging the wolves back may be possible, but not this turn, certainly not with only one unit doing the dragging.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:18 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Dragging the wolves back may be possible, but not this turn, certainly not with only one unit doing the dragging.

Yeah I know :p I only have 0.66 move left while dragging them so I can't leave the hex. But I'm the only logical choice so next turn I'll head back. We'll set up a rendezvous or something where I can meet back up with the rest of the group in between this combat and the next.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 am

How do mounts handle carrying corpses? Is there any bonus, since we can already carry one body without penalty? Can we pull wagons? :D
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games