Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby drachefly » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:03 pm

sigh I recommended that people put time limits on their bets and I keep forgetting to do it. All of my bet offers above this post are void as of the 14th of July 2012.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Balerion wrote:I will admit I presumed that Ossomer did not count (ie wasn't someone important), for the simple reason that you can't offer a bet whose conditions were already met :)

Oh, that reminds me... I forgot someone important: Ansom. I won't hold you to it if he defects though, because I didn't list him and wasn't thinking of him anyways. Also, I realized I failed to specify if being turned counts as "defecting"... Verbatim it isn't, but what would you think?

drachefly wrote:sigh I recommended that people put time limits on their bets and I keep forgetting to do it. All of my bet offers above this post are void as of the 14th of July 2012.

In that case, I would like to state that all my bets without time frames are considered closed the instant any update with relevant information comes out unless reposted.

For example, this means that my open bets about who escapes the Spacerock battlespace alive will most likely be void next comic update.

On another note, I realized I made a mistake in one of my bets: when I said "Cubbins", I meant to say "Lloyd"; I just got the names mixed up. According to OP rules I'll leave this post out for an hour before going back to edit my mistake.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Balerion » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Nnelg wrote:Oh, that reminds me... I forgot someone important: Ansom. I won't hold you to it if he defects though, because I didn't list him and wasn't thinking of him anyways. Also, I realized I failed to specify if being turned counts as "defecting"... Verbatim it isn't, but what would you think?

Nah, Ansom was included on my list of people (and is the most likely one to cost me in my opinion). I figured you were giving examples, not the exhaustive list. I would say any event that leads to an important GK unit no longer being part of the GK side it counts as defecting.
Balerion

Postby Lamech » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Balerion wrote:
Nnelg wrote:Oh, that reminds me... I forgot someone important: Ansom. I won't hold you to it if he defects though, because I didn't list him and wasn't thinking of him anyways. Also, I realized I failed to specify if being turned counts as "defecting"... Verbatim it isn't, but what would you think?

Nah, Ansom was included on my list of people (and is the most likely one to cost me in my opinion). I figured you were giving examples, not the exhaustive list. I would say any event that leads to an important GK unit no longer being part of the GK side it counts as defecting.
Well being captured presumably doesn't count.
Lamech

Postby Balerion » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:03 am

Lamech wrote:Well being captured presumably doesn't count.

My assumption on capturing was that the upkeep costs shifted to the capturer, but that the unit was still on the same side as before. otherwise you wouldn't need to turn captured units.
Balerion

Postby Nnelg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:57 am

Balerion wrote:

Okay, just as long as we're clear on that. I was only worried because Ansom is in a much... 'stickier' (no pun intended) situation than anyone on the list, and I figured if I'd all but forgotten he was a part of GK already then somebody else (namely you) very well could have as well.

Reposting open bets, with timeframes and one modification:
Spoiler: show
    The four following bets expire when Jillian's heir pops:
  • 10q that Faq's new heir(ess?) would've made King Banhammer proud.
  • Additional 5q that friction occurs between Jillian and her new heir due to differing personalities.
  • 3q that it's a girl.
  • 2q that she's a caster.

The two following bets expire next Spacerock update unless reposted:
  • 5q that Lloyd doesn't make it out of Spacerock's battlespace alive
  • 5q that Ace does.

• 1q to 2q that a forum trolling/flame war reference is made during a battle at Faq (either during the fall of old Faq, or some future siege of new Faq).
    Note: this replaces my previous offer "that Faq (new or old) is at one point attacked by a large force of twolls or fire-based units", effective 1 hour from the time of this post.

• 5q that Parson does not get to meet any non-GK warlords in person by the end of Book 2. Expires next Parson update unless reposted.

• 5q that if the situation in MK deteriorates, Jack can't fool the Thinkamancers. Expires next MK update unless reposted.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby drachefly » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:25 am

In that case, it looks like you have no bet. But... if you sweeten the odds to, say, 2:1, I'll take the 'yes, there'll be a defection' side of the bet. Ansom would be needed to bring it up to 1:1 for me.
drachefly

Postby Nnelg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:24 pm

drachefly wrote:In that case, it looks like you have no bet. But... if you sweeten the odds to, say, 2:1, I'll take the 'yes, there'll be a defection' side of the bet. Ansom would be needed to bring it up to 1:1 for me.

Huh? I don't understand... The bet between me and Balerion is still on and, unless I've sorely misinterpreted him, we're in agreement that Ansom does count.

Speaking of which, back on my first post on the thread I accepted two of Mrtyuh's bets unconditionally:
  • "10q that Charlie played a significant role in Haffaton’s downfall and that in turn led to the Hippiemancers getting in bed with the Thinkamancers, so to speak."
  • "5q that King County's honor duel was against Haffaton, and it will play an important role in Haffaton's downfall."

The only bet I had conditions on was "10q that Ansom will not be turned while Faq’s prisoner.", so could you put those other two up on the OP please?

For reference, here are the conditions I put on that bet:
If Ansom doesn't turn to or escape from Faq directly, or get dusted by a unit of Faq or GK; but instead is transferred to or dusted by a third party (like Charlescomm or Transylvito) or put 'on ice' in any fashion, then the bet is void. Deal?

Also, the most up-to-date listing of my open bets:
Reposting open bets, with timeframes and one modification:
All bets expire as soon as any relevant information appears in the comic or a text update, or when the specified conditions are met. Any bets reposted here can be considered valid regardless of their conditions being met prior to the date of reposting, although they will still expire the next time the conditions are met.

Expiring when Jillian's heir pops:
  • 5q that friction occurs between Jillian and her new heir due to differing personalities.
  • 3q that it's a girl.

Expiring next Spacerock update:
  • 5q that Ace does.

Expiring at the end of Episode 0 (for lack of a better milestone):
  • 1q to 2q that a forum trolling/flame war reference is made during a battle at Faq (either during the fall of old Faq, or some future siege of new Faq).

Expiring next Parson update:
  • 5q that Parson does not get to meet any non-GK warlords in person by the end of Book 2.

Expiring next MK update:
  • 5q that if the situation in MK deteriorates, Jack can't fool the Thinkamancers.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby drachefly » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Ah, I misread something in there. I'll put it up.

I'll take your heir gender bet.
drachefly

Postby effataigus » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 am

drachefly wrote:
gameboy1234 wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:I bet 20 quatloos on Slately living through the Archon battle.

One million quatloos says you're wrong. Slately is toast by the end of this book (book 2, part 2, or whatever it is).

Shall I put you down for your limit of 100 to BLAND's 20?

Well this is interesting :D The fight isn't over yet, but as an independent observer I'd say you're both right (so far).

I came on to post that Charlescomm is going to be the major instigator of Haffaton's demise, but I see now that that bet has been made and accepted already.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:13 am

......um....wut?
the previous post wrote:Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

How...what...did you do?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:30 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:I bet 20 quatloos on Slately living through the Archon battle.

gameboy1234 wrote:One million quatloos says you're wrong. Slately is toast by the end of this book (book 2, part 2, or whatever it is).

drachefly wrote:Shall I put you down for your limit of 100 to BLAND's 20?

effataigus wrote:Well this is interesting :D The fight isn't over yet, but as an independent observer I'd say you're both right (so far).

By my interpretation, gameboy would have won. Copy-Slately is not Slately, much as Copy-Rezo didn't have something super-seriously wrong with his eyes (just garden-variety seriously wrong).
drachefly

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:36 pm

drachefly wrote:By my interpretation, gameboy would have won. Copy-Slately is not Slately, much as Copy-Rezo didn't have something super-seriously wrong with his eyes (just garden-variety seriously wrong).

It still hasn't been explained how Dittomancy actually works in a case like this, so it's impossible to know who wins until that is either explained, or both Slately(s) croak in combat.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby effataigus » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:25 pm

0beron wrote:......um....wut?
the previous post wrote:Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

How...what...did you do?

In the end, no amount of editing could bring her back :cry:
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:32 pm

effataigus wrote:In the end, no amount of editing could bring her back :cry:

OOOOOOH that's your siggy! I thought that was the actual post edit count lol and I was super confused. Nice Time Machine reference though, if that's what you meant by bringing her back".
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:26 pm

0beron wrote:
drachefly wrote:By my interpretation, gameboy would have won. Copy-Slately is not Slately, much as Copy-Rezo didn't have something super-seriously wrong with his eyes (just garden-variety seriously wrong).

It still hasn't been explained how Dittomancy actually works in a case like this, so it's impossible to know who wins until that is either explained, or both Slately(s) croak in combat.

I suggest that since the bet was never finalized, we not lose too much sleep over this.
drachefly

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:04 pm

oooooh, I hadn't been paying close enough attention, I thought it was an official bet that had been finalized. My b!
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Reposting a listing of bets, with one more:

• 5q that the Arkendish has the capability to contact "stupidworld". (I forfeit if positive confirmation is not met by end of Erfworld.)

I still am waiting for confirmation of a bet with Mrtyuh, whom I offered to accept the following bet with conditions:
Nnelg wrote:
Mrtyuh wrote:I bet 10q that Ansom will not be turned while Faq’s prisoner.

[Conditons:] If Ansom doesn't turn to or escape from Faq directly, or get dusted by a unit of Faq or GK; but instead is transferred to or dusted by a third party (like Charlescomm or Transylvito) or put 'on ice' in any fashion, then the bet is void. Deal?

Most up-to-date listing of my open bets:
All bets expire as soon as any relevant information appears in the comic or a text update, or when the specified conditions are met. Any bets reposted here can be considered valid regardless of their conditions being met prior to the date of reposting, although they will still expire the next time the conditions are met. Anyone can still offer to accept one of these bets after any of these conditions are met, but I must confirm the bet is still open before it is finalized.

Expiring when Jillian's heir pops:
  • 5q that friction occurs between Jillian and her new heir due to differing personalities.

Expiring next Spacerock update:
  • 5q that Ace does.

Expiring at the end of Episode 0 (for lack of a better milestone):

Expiring next Parson update:
  • 5q that Parson does not get to meet any non-GK warlords in person by the end of Book 2.

Expiring next MK update:
  • 5q that if the situation in MK deteriorates, Jack can't fool the Thinkamancers.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Nnelg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:45 am

I'm just posting to confirm all my open bets still valid, since I set them to otherwise expire as soon as anything relevant's posted.

Perhaps I should set less restrictive windows for them...
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Whispri » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:36 am

Nnelg wrote:

Hmmmmmm..... I'll take this one.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld