Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:35 am

I believe the rules said mounts suffer no penalty when moving a corpse, as long as the corpse isn't itself a mount.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 am

MarbitChow wrote:How do mounts handle carrying corpses?

0beron's got that covered.

MarbitChow wrote:Can we pull wagons? :D

If you had any, maybe :P

Now seriously, you can assume that something like that is going on when you lug corpses around (apart from when dragging them along as riders).
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:44 am

Sorry - should have been more specific. If a mount is pulling 4 corpses, how is the movement penalty calculated? I can see this being a 2/5th move penalty, a 1/4 move penalty, or a 1/3 move penalty, depending on how the 'riding' corpse is factored in.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:04 am

MarbitChow wrote:Sorry - should have been more specific. If a mount is pulling 4 corpses, how is the movement penalty calculated? I can see this being a 2/5th move penalty, a 1/4 move penalty, or a 1/3 move penalty, depending on how the 'riding' corpse is factored in.

Fair question. You can consider that the stack would contain one living unit (the mount) and three corpses. The corpse carried as a rider won't enter this calculation.

So total units 4, living units 1. So you'd have 1/4 movement.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 am

BLAND, I see what you're saying but it was worded in a slightly confusing way. Perhaps this is more clear?
Carrying Corpses wrote:Living Mounts can carry 1 non-mount corpse without incurring a penalty. A corpse so carried does not count in the calculation of total units in the stack for the purpose of determining movement penalty.

So for example a stack consisting of 1 mount and 4 non-mount corpses would incur a 1/4 penalty because one of those 4 corpses is never counted.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 am

So what's next? Do we still need to formally end the turn, or are we able to pop another unit this turn? If we pop a unit, can it also move? (If so, I'm thinking we pop a corpse-bot and prepare to move on to the next target.)
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:21 am

0beron wrote:BLAND, I see what you're saying but it was worded in a slightly confusing way. Perhaps this is more clear?
Carrying Corpses wrote:Living Mounts can carry 1 non-mount corpse without incurring a penalty. A corpse so carried does not count in the calculation of total units in the stack for the purpose of determining movement penalty.

So for example a stack consisting of 1 mount and 4 non-mount corpses would incur a 1/4 penalty because one of those 4 corpses is never counted.

Yeah that's better. I'll stick that in the relevant post.

MarbitChow wrote:So what's next? Do we still need to formally end the turn, or are we able to pop another unit this turn? If we pop a unit, can it also move? (If so, I'm thinking we pop a corpse-bot and prepare to move on to the next target.)

The answers are yes across the board. You need to specify end turn, you can pop whenever you feel like it, and once a unit is popped it's already capable to act at full capacity.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 am

So I'm thinking we request a Jolly Bee, because of the high move. It's tempting to go for an Archer since they can become mounts....but that's a lot of XP before that point and I think we want both these corpses going to the Starchild instead of popping a unit that isn't on a path close to theirs.

On the topic of consuming corpses, I also suggest because each of us hasn't made our 1-time XP consumption, the first time we meet a good level target that matches our path exactly, we consume it ourselves rather than send back to the Starchild.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:32 am

0beron wrote:So I'm thinking we request a Jolly Bee, because of the high move. It's tempting to go for an Archer since they can become mounts....but that's a lot of XP before that point and I think we want both these corpses going to the Starchild instead of popping a unit that isn't on a path close to theirs.

On the topic of consuming corpses, I also suggest because each of us hasn't made our 1-time XP consumption, the first time we meet a good level target that matches our path exactly, we consume it ourselves rather than send back to the Starchild.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we consume *accumulated* XP, not the XP value of the unit. So, while the wolves are worth 40 XP, they themselves have not accumulated any XP, so they wouldn't be worth consuming for us.
But yeah, I agree - pop a Jolly Bee, have it buzz it's butt over here, and have the new-bee start dragging the wolves back while we move onto the Mad Cow next turn.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:34 am

The Wolves are considered to have (somehow) aquired enough XP to get to level 2. One Wolf corpse will provide the max XP to a Melee/Might/Skill path unit- 72 points.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 am

I don't know off-hand if we have any such units amongst our Melee, but that's a pretty decent chunk of XP if they would like it. I'm greedy and might consider waiting till we find a level 3 unit, but the choice is yours guys. If both the wolves get eaten, we will wait to pop the Jolly Bee until it's needed (don't wanna pay her upkeep before she's needed). But if either corpse isn't eaten, we will pop her, have her begin her duties by the fastest route possible, and then end turn.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:39 am

Well, Swodaems has the Melee/Might/Skill path. And Watermonkey314 hasn't specified it yet.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:44 am

Well, ya snooze, ya lose. This means there will be at least one corpse left regardless since Swod can only eat one if he even wants to, so we'll pop the Bee and have her move to us, grab corpse(s), and move back towards the city (how far she gets depends on the number of corpses of course), then end turn. If Watermonkey specifies his path, he can have one of the other wolves we fight later.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:54 am

Agreed, Oberon. Let's get Swodaems his massive XP bonus already. :)
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:12 am

Then **sluurp** Swodaems' Patty flipper absorbs the knowledge of a fallen wolf, and receives 72XP. Along with the previous 10XP, that's enough for level up!

Swodaems now has a Manager unit, with 2 out of 500 XPs until next level up, and your stack has leadership.

You use 60 of your 100 Schmuckers to pop a Jolly Bee and bring it to the mine.

I presume you wish to end turn.

I'll deal with your next turn and setting it up in a few hours. Until then, I think it's safe to assume that each of your 9 units will receive one Schmucker of rations, apart from ETheBoyce's Patty flipper, who receives 10Schmuckers for healing. (So you use 18Schmuckers for upkeep).
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:19 am

ooooooh, found leadership :p
Can you explain now what the benefit of Leadership is BLAND? The existing rules just say it is a bonus to Def/Com, and a bigger boost to Damage.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Added the response to the rule post, but I'll provide it here for quick access:

Units in stacks with leadership get +5 to Combat, +10% to armor (unalterable by armor damage spells), and +1 to damage.

Anyway, moving inside the mine allowed you to peek a bit forward.

Spoiler: show

The abandoned city site can be converted into an L1 city for the price of 500 Schmuckers, but you need to defeat the {Barberian, Barberian, Barberian, Barberian}/{Hare stylist, <blank>, <blank>, Hare stylist} stack that's dwelling there.

Hare stylist: Archer/Might/Skill, 5H, 0Def, 60 Combat, 85% CtH, 2x 2Dmg (Matter); each Hare stylist grants 16XP to the croaking stack. Considered to be Level 2, and would grant a max of 36 XP to an Archer/Might/Skill path unit.
Barberian: Melee/Might/Skill, 13H, 0Def, 50 Combat, 85% CtH, 2x 3Dmg (Matter); each Barberian grants 16Xp to the croaking stack. Considered to be Level 2, and would grant a max of 72 XP to a Melee/Might/Skill path unit.

Units in the abandoned city site get a 10% bonus to Def.

Apart from that, you didn't notice anything unusual about the turn. No wild units popped nor moved nor disappeared mysteriously, no foreign units entered the region.

Your treasury has 222 Schmuckers.

You have one Wolf carcass stacked with a new Jolly Bee.
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Send the Corpse-tote Jolly Bee back to the Starchild so it can consume the corpse for XP, and have the Bee remain there.
As for our next move, I want that abandoned city site as soon as we can get it....but I'm doubtful we could do that JUST yet. I suggest we move towards the closest target that matches one of our lvl 1 melee units perfectly so they can consume as well. I think once we have a lvl 2 front row, we'll be able to take the city site.

EDIT: also, do the bonuses to Combat and Def mean a percent of the unit's base value? (as in, with a combat of 40 and a defense of 0, I now have 42 combat and still 0 defense?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:19 pm

I'd like to remind you that there's no need to stick together in one stack. Hopefully, with enough units, each of you gets their own stack to coordinate (even if not 'officially' lead; I'm friendly to the possibility that your unit lacks leadership, another in its stack DOES have leadership, nonetheless it's you who calls the shots).

Just something to consider for the near future.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:20 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:I'd like to remind you that there's no need to stick together in one stack.
Just something to consider for the near future.

Yeah my level 2 perk is gonna be leadership so as soon as I hit that I'll be forming my own stack.
Also, see my question above about how exactly Leadership applies to buffing stats (flat bonus or % of the base value)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games