Air War

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Air War

Postby Kalak » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:32 pm

So, I played Air War tonight with my wife. It was a hit!

It ended up being a very close game. Right before the last round, it was 6 to 6, and then the final score was 5 to 2. It was also a lot more exciting than I thought it would be; the final matches become all high-cards, and previous victories of low-vs-low cards are cursed as they go up as your opponent draws all their aces.

Some strategy:
Your opponent's Aces are almost impossible to get rid of, and can only be done by draws. Pit your aces against theirs (if you can guess where it will end up) with a high card immediately following. Charlie's Corollary Defense: put your ace last, so they have no control over the next card.

Play defensively. Strategically removing just one of their high cards in a hand and losing all your low cards creates a smaller, but higher-card deck. From there, it becomes easier to "snipe" high cards out of their hand. They will only have one or two, and you will have all high cards.

Length:
We played one game, and it took ~20 minutes.

Any info from IRC or off-site where this game came from? I'm pleasantly pleased to have picked up a new card game. Go Rob!
Kalak

Re: Air War

Postby Nnelg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:43 am

EDIT:
Oops. I just realized that this is the game that was mentioned in the text update.

Yeah it sounds fun, sadly I don't know anyone who'd be willing to play it with me in person... :cry:
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Return to Everything Else Erfworld