Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:22 am

Turn 6 - PART III & Turn 7 - PART I

Triage experiences the joy of killing. Bill decides to give peace a chance. The bone dagron starts trippin bawlz. What is this world coming to?

Player Stats
Spoiler: show
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 3, 30.5xp} [ 15 Combat / 11 Defense / 32 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Well-armed.] Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 3, 30.5xp} [ 14 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow x2] (Ward-8)
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 3, 32.5xp, 2 AP Banked} [ 11 Combat / 12 Defense / 32 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.] (Ward-8) Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 4, 35.5xp, 1 AP Banked }[/color] [ 9 Combat / 9(+1) Defense / 23 (of 24) Hits. Strike/Lunge. Special: Leadership, Improved Leadership, Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Ring: +1 Defense, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Gem: 5000 Shmuckers, Gem: 2000 Shmuckers
Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 3, 31.5xp, 2 AP Banked} [ 8 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly] (Ward-8)
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster {Lvl 3, 32.5xp} [ 7(+1) Combat / 3 Defense / 12 Hits. Fire. Special: Shockamancy (Hiya, Hoboken, TooGeeWonCee). 12 Juice.] (Ward-8) Ring: +1 Combat, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20), Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster {Lvl 3, 33.6xp, +1Com/Def Banked} [ 6 Combat / 3 Defense / 12 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Renew, Minor Ward). 15 Juice.] (Ward-8)
Bill (The Colonel): Caster {Lvl 3, 33.5xp, 1 AP Banked} [ 6 Combat / 4 Defense / 11 (of 12) Hits. Fire. Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator, Bone Puppeteer). 0 Juice.] (Ward-8) Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew, Scroll: Lucky Streak, Scroll: Regenerate, Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)

Skeleton SK-1: Warrior [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits / Attack. Special: Calcium Enriched, Dance Fighting.]

Lesser Uncroaked L07: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L08: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L10: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L13: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L14: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L15: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]

Portal Unit Stats
Bone Dagron : [20 Combat / 10 Defense / 94 (of 350) Hits / Strike. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Burninate ]

Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L01: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L02: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L03: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L04: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L05: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 3 (of 14) Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L06: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L07: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L08: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 (of 14) Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]

Burninate : Deal 3d6 to all units in a 3x3 square area. Ignores defense. Once used, cannot be used again for 2 turns.

Results
PART III - ROUND RESUMES :

4: Triage : Fires @ Yellow L02
Roll : 4. 10 Combat - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 3 Hits. Target Dusted. Team earns 2 XP.

4: Bill : Moves to A6; Obtains Potion of Juice; Uses Scroll : Groove @ Bone Dagron
Bone Dagron is grooving.

4: L13 : Move to D3; Attack @ Yellow L05
Roll : 6. 11 Combat + (4 Leadership + 3 Dance Fighting) - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 11 Hits. (YL05:3)

4: L15 : Move to D6; Attack @ Yellow L08
Roll : 5. 10 Combat + (4 Leadership + 3 Dance Fighting) - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 10 Hits. (YL08:4)

----- ROUND 7 : FIGHT! -----

William declares Mighty Blow x2
Improved Leadership & Dance Fighting Stack (Green Man group): Tod, L07, L08, L10, Sk-1, L13, L15, L16 (+8 / +8)
Dance Fighting Stack (Redman group): Yellow L01, Yellow L02, Yellow L03, Yellow L04, Yellow L05, Yellow L06, Yellow L07, Yellow L08 (+4 / +4)

20: Bone Dagron is grooving.
Skeletal Champion Bw3 : DEVOURED. Bone Dragon heals 22 Hits.
Lesser Uncroaked L14 : DEVOURED. Bone Dragon heals 12 Hits.
Lesser Uncroaked L11 : DEVOURED. Bone Dragon heals 12 Hits.
Bone Dagron still has a serious case of the munchies.

Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L01 : Respawns
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L02 : Respawns
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L03 : Respawns
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L04 : Respawns
As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:34 am

Will can you take out yellow L07 ? This will free Rolf up to move to P9 and remove yellow L02. I realize this will leave a gaping hole on the first row that yellow L06 can exploit so I hope Tod can drop him before he gets to it.

Tod leaving his post also creates another hole but there are no yellows to exploit it. So if Bill drinks his potion this turn it can be filled next turn by a body before any re-woven yellows taking form in the H & G columns can move.

Bill & Triage need to exchange the potion (free action) and have Bill drink (action) it only once he is safely back in burninate formation. Triage and Cupid can probably take out the 2 other threatening yellows before they can act.

T.Coil can still hoboken Trogdor.

Yuri and the skeleton will have to delay their attacks till combat phase 5 to allow Bill to get back and drink but can then attack and thus allow Trogdor his burninate.

Why is Rolf Deserting his post ? By re-forming the lessers at the furthest portal Trogdor hs re-focussed his attention on our damage dealling group. I suspect they will recieve the burninate plus an assault to try to take out as many of them as possible. I'm trying to reduce that assault as much as possible. I also hope to be in position that next turn I can add to the pressure on Trogdor.
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:01 am

MarbitChow wrote:4: Bill : Moves to A6; Obtains Potion of Juice
Shouldn't this have required Triage's consent? The potion was his item afterall.

Well, regardless of consent, I think Bill has some else he should be doing this round besides drinking. Firing. We're actually is a situation where his ranged damage is more useful than his scrolls and spells.

That swarm from R is actually very troublesome. While their attacks won't do much damage and the Dagron isn't actually likely to destroy an unwounded lesser with a single Burninate, the combination of Burninate and attack could put down up to 3 lessers. I'm going to ask that everyone attacking the Dagron this round please choose to wait until Combat=5 to do so.

I think the first thing that should happen is that Will puts down YL04 again.
Rolf, instead of attacking on of the units near you, it might be better if you were to start moving across the room to help damage the dagron in later rounds, (advice, go first to I2, then go right 6, not 7 spaces, (allows you to still reach the dagron on the turn after, but you have better coverage of all 3 of the portals if need be,)) but I ask that you do so at Com 5.5 (I want his action to occur before the lessers, but after Cupid, Bill, and Triage), with the conditional that you attack YL07 or YL06 if it is still alive. (You ninjaed my advice. Your plan for your action is better, but you may want to wait to attack until at least 3 enemy are destroyed.)
Yuri, you have a choice between attacking the Dagron again at Combat =5 or trying to contain the lessers at portal R. You might want to do a # of survivors at R after Combat = 6 based conditional.
I, Tod, will be attacking YL07 and YL06 at Com =9. I'll likely to dust at least 1 and hurt the other so severely that Cupid, Bill, or Triage could apply the finishing blow with a fire attack. (The survivor(s) would have at maximum 4 hits left, Cupid should be used to finish an opponent with 3 or 4 and Bill or Triage for 1 or 2.)
Cupid, Bill, and Triage are simply to use their fire attacks on the lesser uncroaked. If I get both YL06 and YL07 without help, then they can choose to concentrate fire on YL02. If I don't and I need 1 of them to help destroy my target lessers, then having the remaining 2 take down YL05 and YL08 in order to drop the enemies dancing bonus is an option. (Or, if Bill or Triage is used to destroy L06 or L07 at com=6, Cupid and the remaining Caster would have a 55.64 chance of destroying YL02 at Com =5 while it is still moving.) Bill and Triage move away from each other.
At Com =5, everyone who is attacking the Dagron, attacks the Dagron. (With 5 8/8 dancers attacking at once, we have ~50 damage + T. Coil's ~15 + (Yuri's ~8 if he doesn't try to block R), we'll have ~65 (or ~73) damage) L15 and L13 dust YL08 and YL05 if they are still around. (These are adjacent opponents acting simultaneously. MarbitChow, please confirm or deny that L15 and L13 will be able to attack before the enemy can move away so me and Werebiscuit don't get into a debate.) Trogdor is rattled awake and uses his burninate. If Yuri doesn't block, the remaining 2 or 3 lessers from portal R attack our dancers backs.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:09 am

Swodaems wrote:Shouldn't this have required Triage's consent? The potion was his item afterall.
Yes, and if WaterMonkey desires it, I'll retcon it. Bill can't use the Juice this turn anyway, so we've got some time to determine where it ultimately ends up, and if he doesn't drink it this turn AND cast a spell next turn, it won't impact the outcome of the turn.

Swodaems wrote:MarbitChow, please confirm or deny that L15 and L13 will be able to attack before the enemy can move away so me and Werebiscuit don't get into a debate.) Trogdor is rattled awake and uses his burninate. If Yuri doesn't block, the remaining 2 or 3 lessers from portal R attack our dancers backs.

I believe I've stated before that during simultaneous actions, attacks can be made first if the attacking unit skips their move. Regardless, consider that official : when resolving simultaneous actions, resolve attacks first, then moves, and handle move conflicts as I've stated previously.
Last edited by MarbitChow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:16 am

Fair enough, OPEN FIRE!
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:17 am

Swodaems wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:L15 and L13 dust YL08 and YL05 if they are still around. (These are adjacent opponents acting simultaneously. MarbitChow, please confirm or deny that L15 and L13 will be able to attack before the enemy can move away so me and Werebiscuit don't get into a debate.)

No debate from me I only had Cupid & Triage dust them to stop the possibility of them damaging L13 & L15
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:22 am

Swodaems wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:4: Cupid, Bill, and Triage are simply to use their fire attacks on the lesser uncroaked. If I get both YL06 and YL07 without help, then they can choose to concentrate fire on YL02.

I'd prefer they concentrate on another target...YL02 is the only one I can reach. They should be able to pick off YL03 if will has already taken out YL04
Werebiscuit

Postby Exate » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 am

I'm not sure that it's wise to keep focusing our attacks against the uncroaked. Yes, they're an immediate threat- but if we can get through just one round without a significant number of uncroaked dusting, the Bone Dagron dies and our life becomes a hell of a lot easier. If we spend our efforts this round injuring but specifically NOT killing the uncroaked and make sure that we have units pinning them in place so that they don't move toward our more vulnerable units, while directing all the force we can at the Bone Dagron, then next round hopefully we'll be able to finish off the Bone Dagron and mop up without serious casualties- just some uncroaked that will no longer respawn with the Bone Dagron dead.

I haven't fully run the numbers, but I think it's more practical than the current grind.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:46 am

Not yet, we need to scatter before the bone dagron hits us with burminate. Then we hit him for all we're worth.
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:38 am

Exate wrote:I'm not sure that it's wise to keep focusing our attacks against the uncroaked. Yes, they're an immediate threat- but if we can get through just one round without a significant number of uncroaked dusting, the Bone Dagron dies and our life becomes a hell of a lot easier. If we spend our efforts this round injuring but specifically NOT killing the uncroaked and make sure that we have units pinning them in place so that they don't move toward our more vulnerable units, while directing all the force we can at the Bone Dagron, then next round hopefully we'll be able to finish off the Bone Dagron and mop up without serious casualties- just some uncroaked that will no longer respawn with the Bone Dagron dead.

I haven't fully run the numbers, but I think it's more practical than the current grind.

Okay, Trogdor has 94 health and is going to take ~73 damage this round with the Dancers, T.Coil and Yuri attacking him. (~80 if Will joins in. Don't expect any other sources of damage. Everyone else is either too weak to deal with trogdor's fire Def or too far away and being used to block.) If Rolf moves to block the row 1 hole, Will and the Casters will be safe.

The problem is that we could lose 3 of the dancers this round due to Burninate and attacks from R. With bad rolls, that might make our damage in round 8 low enough to fail to dust then too after Trogdor eats them. We may have to be taking that 4/4 dance stack's attacks for 2 rounds without dusting them.

If we attack the dancers and down 6 or 7 of them, Trogdor can eat 98 hits at the top of next round, but may still have to deal with all 5 dancers that attacked him this round. He is pretty certain to still be around in round 9 and maybe 10, but it will just be him that we are dealing with.
Swodaems

Postby The Colonel » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 am

So it him for 80 ish damage. it'll force him to consume stuff
The Colonel

Postby Exate » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Swodaems wrote:The problem is that we could lose 3 of the dancers this round due to Burninate and attacks from R.
What if we have Yuri move to S9 and thus pin almost the entirety of the R group in place? I think that would stop us from losing more than one of our uncroaked and put us in an almost-certain position of being able to finish the Bone Dagron next round, right?
Exate

Postby Swodaems » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Exate wrote:
Swodaems wrote:The problem is that we could lose 3 of the dancers this round due to Burninate and attacks from R.
What if we have Yuri move to S9 and thus pin almost the entirety of the R group in place? I think that would stop us from losing more than one of our uncroaked and put us in an almost-certain position of being able to finish the Bone Dagron next round, right?

3 of them would be able to go around you. If we do the minimal dusting plan, I'm thinking we should have Will shave 1 of the uncroaked (YL04 or YL02) off the group. It'll drop the dancers' combat by 1, but is only worth 14 health. With just T. Coil and the dancers' for damage, Trogdor will have ~29 left and should only heal to ~43, ~57, or ~71 depending on what exactly happens with the burninate and the attacks. Cupid, Triage, and Bill should also be firing on seperate unwounded uncroaked, to make them easier to deal with later.

I don't particularly care one way or the other if we choose to try to dust as many of Trogdor's lessers as we can or not. I think we have hit the point where, barring colossal stupidity/bad luck, we're surely going to win this fight without losing any PCs. What we're fighting for now is an increase in the number of uncroaked who survive and time. (And maybe a small increase in Exp if Trogdor chooses to remake any uncroaked we destroy instead of eating them.)
Swodaems

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:02 pm

I thought I had approved the potion transfer explicitly, but yes, I'm good with that. I will fire on a lesser uncroaked of convenience unless something unexpected happens (e.g. ward breaks on a PC and the PC is reduced to less than 1/2 hits).
WaterMonkey314

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:08 pm

(Background image from The Sims Medieval.)
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:04 pm

80-ish damage? Sure thing. Will shall get a needle in that Trogdor beastie.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:20 pm

I think we all know what T. Coil is doing
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:00 am

ETheBoyce wrote:I think we all know what T. Coil is doing

Lucky for you. You're doing the same thing in all 3 plans. I'm either leaving a hole by moving up to kill a lesser undead.... which only works if everyone else kills the ones threatening our casters and takes out some of ones about to flatten our front line. Either that or I fill the gap and only take damage ( since I can't damage Trogdor from my position). I'm the one who could get it monumentally wrong if I adopt the wrong plan. So I need to know what we're planning on doing ...this turn.

Exate,Swod...work it out... give me a coherent plan. I understand both arguments but not killing undead this turn will result in Trogdor killing ours ( and maybe using them for his health) so as I see it we HAVE to target undead. But I've been wrong in the past. I don't want to get it wrong now ...a casters life may depend on it.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:34 am

Just a quick note: the draft of the Rules continues to be updated. Please read through the new rules and let me know if there are any questions. I'm anticipating one additional overhaul for the Hippymancy spells, and that should be the final set of changes.

I've also been contemplating adding Dollmancy and Dirtamancy, so if that's something you'd like to see, let me know.
MarbitChow

Postby Lord of Monies » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:45 am

Thinking of Ace Hardware, Dollamancy also creates magic items/embues things with magical effects. That something you're gonna consider and allow, or were you simply thinking of cloth golems and the like?
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games