Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:54 am

Lord of Monies wrote:Thinking of Ace Hardware, Dollamancy also creates magic items/embues things with magical effects. That something you're gonna consider and allow, or were you simply thinking of cloth golems and the like?

Dollamancy would be able to create and heal golems and create magic items, although the items would have charges or max uses per turn at lower levels. Higher-level dollamancers would be able to create permanent items. Dirtamancy would be focused more on digging (obviously), as well as traps and golem creation.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:17 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:I think we all know what T. Coil is doing

You may want to clarify when he is doing it, though.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Exate » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Exate,Swod...work it out... give me a coherent plan.
I'll defer to Swodaems on this one. I've raised my concerns and he hasn't led us wrong yet.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 pm

T. Coil is Hobokening Trogdor of course!
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:53 am

Ok ....So let's see if I've got the coherent plan right.

Combat Phase 14 : Will will do a 2xMighty Blow on YL04

Combat Phase 9 : Tod moves to i4 and lunges at YL06 & YL07

Combat Phase 8 : [conditionals] If either YL06 or YL07 is still NOT dusted Cupid dusts the remaining one.
If both are NOT dusted Cupid dusts YL06
If both ARE dusted Cupid aims at YL03 and Rolf moves to P9 and attacks YL02

Combat Phase 6 : Bill moves back to A4 after having got the potion.
Triage stays where he already is after having passed the potion.
[conditionals] If YL07 is still around Bill fires at him.
If YL07 is not around but YL06 is then Bill fires at him.
If neither YL06 or YL07 is around Bill fires at YL03 or if he is not around YL01
Triage follows the same conditional firing pattern as Bill
If Rolf has not moved to to P9 before he moves now and attacks YL02

Combat Phase 5 : The CRUX ! Our lessers attack Trogdor and T.Coil hobokens him. The skeleton SK-1 attacks Trogdor.
[conditionals] If there is more than 1 lesser yellow left Yuri intercepts one and dusts it. Otherwise he attacks Trogdor
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:20 am

Just so you know these aren't orders only suggestions I've put them here.

In the conditionals above there is the chance that YL07 survives and Rolf ignores him to move to P9 in combat phase 6. I left it like this because I believed that there was no way Rolf could attack YL07 THEN move. If I am wrong then I suggest we post an overiding conditional that on phase 6 if YL07 is STILL around Rolf attacks him and then moves.

If I am right and Rolf attacks him and then cannot move it leaves Rolf and Tod within a 3x3 burninate. This may be advisable as both should survive it so we still may want to override the conditional as above.

I can't find the damage if T.coil were to use TooGeeWonCee instead of hoboken on Trogdor. If it does more damage T.Coil may want to use it instead even though it uses up more juice. The more we can damage him this turn the better.

And finally Exate I've specified the conditional for you at more than 1 lesser yellow left. you may wish to do the same if there is only 1 left but that's up to you.
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:53 am

Werebiscuit wrote:I can't find the damage if T.coil were to use TooGeeWonCee instead of hoboken on Trogdor. If it does more damage T.Coil may want to use it instead even though it uses up more juice. The more we can damage him this turn the better.

I believe we established some time ago in this thread (I think I asked during the earlier stages of the Trogdor fight.) that it will do an additional +1d6 per square past the first square to him. The new rules aren't in effect yet, (I don't see this effect mentioned in either the current rules or the draft and it probably should be.) so that means 2G1C can do 5d6 or ~17.5 for 5 juice. Hoboken does ~15 for 2.

Exate wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:Exate,Swod...work it out... give me a coherent plan.
I'll defer to Swodaems on this one. I've raised my concerns and he hasn't led us wrong yet.
I'm going to say that we should go with Werebiscuit's plan on this one. He's got it fully worked out already and I'm thinking that real time is more important at the moment than in-game time. (With Trogdor eating, we're relatively safe for the rest of the battle so long as we keep all members of the group on the same page.)

So, this is the plan I'm backing.
Werebiscuit wrote:Ok ....So let's see if I've got the coherent plan right.

Combat Phase 14 : Will will do a 2xMighty Blow on YL04

Combat Phase 9 : Tod moves to i4 and lunges at YL06 & YL07

Combat Phase 8 : [conditionals] If either YL06 or YL07 is still NOT dusted Cupid dusts the remaining one.
If both are NOT dusted Cupid dusts YL06
If both ARE dusted Cupid aims at YL03 and Rolf moves to P9 and attacks YL02

Combat Phase 6 : Bill moves back to A4 after having got the potion.
Triage stays where he already is after having passed the potion.
[conditionals] If YL07 is still around Bill fires at him.
If YL07 is not around but YL06 is then Bill fires at him.
If neither YL06 or YL07 is around Bill fires at YL03 or if he is not around YL01
Triage follows the same conditional firing pattern as Bill
If Rolf has not moved to to P9 before he moves now and attacks YL02

Combat Phase 5 : The CRUX ! Our lessers attack Trogdor and T.Coil hobokens him. The skeleton SK-1 attacks Trogdor.
[conditionals] If there is more than 1 lesser yellow left Yuri intercepts one and dusts it. Otherwise he attacks Trogdor

Of course, there is the slight problem that it doesn't mesh with BLAND's last post.
BLANDCorporatio wrote:80-ish damage? Sure thing. Will shall get a needle in that Trogdor beastie.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:24 am

Swodaems wrote:I believe we established some time ago in this thread (I think I asked during the earlier stages of the Trogdor fight.) that it will do an additional +1d6 per square past the first square to him. The new rules aren't in effect yet, (I don't see this effect mentioned in either the current rules or the draft and it probably should be.) so that means 2G1C can do 5d6 or ~17.5 for 5 juice. Hoboken does ~15 for 2.
That is correct. I'll update the draft to reflect AOE damage on multi-square figures.

Please note that, if Yuri intends to intercept YL01, YL02, YL03, or YL04 (whichever are still alive), he will have to move before Phase 5. If they move towards the Bone Dagron, they will probably reach their targets before Yuri reaches them, unless Yuri IS their target. If they move away from him, he will not be able to catch them.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Turn 7 - PART II

(OOC: I took the liberty of assuming that BLAND would follow the team plan. I'll gladly retcon his strike as a shot on the dagron instead if he objects. )

The Tenebrisians continue to mow down the bone dagron's uncroaked. Things are not looking good for the dagron.

Player Stats
Spoiler: show
Rolf (Werebiscuit): Warrior {Lvl 3, 30.5xp} [ 15 Combat / 11 Defense / 32 Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy, Well-armed.] Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): Archer {Lvl 3, 30.5xp} [ 14 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow x2] (Ward-8)
Yuri (Exate): Warrior {Lvl 3, 32.5xp, 2 AP Banked} [ 11 Combat / 12 Defense / 24 (of 32) Hits. Attack. Special: Heavy.] Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Tod (Swodaems): Spearman {Lvl 4, 35.5xp, 1 AP Banked }[/color] [ 9 Combat / 9(+1) Defense / 23 (of 24) Hits. Strike/Lunge. Special: Leadership, Improved Leadership, Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Ring: +1 Defense, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Gem: 5000 Shmuckers, Gem: 2000 Shmuckers
Cupid (HerbieRai): Flier {Lvl 3, 31.5xp, 2 AP Banked} [ 8 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly] (Ward-8)
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): Caster {Lvl 3, 32.5xp} [ 7(+1) Combat / 3 Defense / 12 Hits. Fire. Special: Shockamancy (Hiya, Hoboken, TooGeeWonCee). 10 Juice.] (Ward-8) Ring: +1 Combat, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20), Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew
Triage (WaterMonkey314): Caster {Lvl 3, 33.6xp, +1Com/Def Banked} [ 6 Combat / 3 Defense / 12 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Renew, Minor Ward). 15 Juice.] (Ward-8)
Bill (The Colonel): Caster {Lvl 3, 33.5xp, 1 AP Banked} [ 6 Combat / 4 Defense / 11 (of 12) Hits. Fire. Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator, Bone Puppeteer). 0 Juice.] (Ward-8) Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew, Scroll: Lucky Streak, Scroll: Regenerate, Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)

Skeleton SK-1: Warrior [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 11 (of 22) Hits / Attack. Special: Calcium Enriched, Dance Fighting.]

Lesser Uncroaked L07: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L08: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L10: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 7 (of 14) Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L13: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L14: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 3 (of 14) Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]
Lesser Uncroaked L15: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]

Portal Unit Stats
Bone Dagron : [20 Combat / 10 Defense / 22 (of 350) Hits / Strike. Special: x2 Def vs. Fire; Burninate ]

Lesser Uncroaked Yellow L01: Warrior [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / Attack. Special: Dance Fighting.]

Burninate : Deal 3d6 to all units in a 3x3 square area. Ignores defense. Once used, cannot be used again for 2 turns.

Results
William declares Mighty Blow x2
Improved Leadership & Dance Fighting Stack (Green Man group): Tod, L07, L08, L10, Sk-1, L13, L15, L16 (+8 / +8)
Dance Fighting Stack (Redman group): Yellow L01, Yellow L02, Yellow L03, Yellow L04, Yellow L05, Yellow L06, Yellow L07, Yellow L08 (+4 / +4)

20: Bone Dagron is grooving.
Skeletal Champion Bw3 : DEVOURED. Bone Dragon heals 22 Hits.
Lesser Uncroaked L14 : DEVOURED. Bone Dragon heals 12 Hits.
Lesser Uncroaked L11 : DEVOURED. Bone Dragon heals 12 Hits.
Bone Dagron still has a serious case of the munchies.

Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L01 : Respawns
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L02 : Respawns
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L03 : Respawns
Yellow Lesser Uncroaked L04 : Respawns

PART II - ROUND RESUMES :

15: Rolf : Delays his move and action.

14: William : Fires @ YL04
Roll : 3. 17 Combat + 6 Mighty Blow - (5 Defense + 4 Dance Fighting) = 14 Hits. Target dusted. Team gains 2 XP.

9: Tod : Moves to I4; Strikes @ YL07, Lunges @ YL06
Roll : 10. 19 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 3 Dance Fighting) = 19 Hits. Target dusted. Team gains 2 XP.
Roll : 7. 16 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 3 Dance Fighting) = 16 Hits. Target dusted. Team gains 2 XP.

8: Cupid : Fires @ YL03
Roll : 4. 12 Combat - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 5 Hits. (YL03:9)

8: Rolf : Moves to P9; Attack @ YL02
Roll : 6. 21 Combat - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 14 Hits. Target dusted. Team gains 2 XP.

8: T. Coil : Delays his move and action.

6: Bill : Moves to A4; Fires @ YL03
Roll : 7. 13 Combat - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 6 Hits. (YL03:3)

6: Triage : Fires @ YL03
Roll : 12. 18 Combat - (5 Defense + 2 Dance Fighting) = 11 Hits. Target dusted. Team gains 2 XP.

5: Yuri : Attacks @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 7. 18 Combat - (10 Defense) = 8 Hits. (Dagron:86)

5: Bone Dagron : Burninates @ W8.
L14 Roll : 10. 10 Hits. (L14:4)
L10 Roll : 7. 7 Hits. (L10:7)
Sk-1 Roll : 11. 11 Hits. (Sk-1:11)
Yuri Roll : 14. Ward destroyed. 6 Hits. (Yuri:24)
(Bone Dagron is immune to his own Burninate.)

5: Yellow L01 : Moves to U9; Attack @ L14.
Roll : 8. 13 Combat + 1 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting) = 1 Hits.

5: L14 : Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 11. 16 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (10 Defense) = 14 Hits. (Dagron:72)

5: L10 : Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 7. 12 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (10 Defense) = 10 Hits. (Dagron:62)

5: L08 : Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 6. 11 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (10 Defense) = 9 Hits. (Dagron:53)

5: L07 : Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 11. 16 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (10 Defense) = 14 Hits. (Dagron:39)

5: SK-1 : Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 3. 8 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (10 Defense) = 6 Hits. (Dagron:33)

5: T. Coil : Hoboken @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 3. 11 Combat = 11 Hits. (Dagron:22)

5: L15 : Attack @ Yellow L08
Roll : 7. 12 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 1 Dance Fighting) = 14 Hits. Target dusted. Team gains 2 XP.

5: L13 : Attack @ Yellow L05
Roll : 6. 11 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 1 Dance Fighting) = 13 Hits. Target dusted. Team gains 2 XP.

5: Yellow L05 : Attack @ L13
Roll : 7. 12 Combat + 1 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting) = 0 Hits.

5: Yellow L08 : Attack @ L15
Roll : 6. 11 Combat + 1 Dance Fighting - (5 Defense + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting) = 0 Hits.
As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
Last edited by MarbitChow on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:07 am

Under Portal Units stats the Dagron hits total should be much lower <_<
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:27 am

YUP much lower, FINISH THE DAGRON! FINISH HIM!
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:59 am

MarbitChow wrote:5: Yuri : Attacks @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 7. 18 Combat - (10 Defense) = 6 Hits. (Dagron:88)
This should be 8 hits instead of 6.

MarbitChow wrote:5: L08 : Attack @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 6. 11 Combat + 4 Leadership + 4 Dance Fighting - (10 Defense) = 19 Hits. (Dagron:55)
This says 19 instead of 9. (This is just a typo. You correctly went from 64 to 55.)

MarbitChow wrote:5: T. Coil : Hoboken @ Bone Dagron
Roll : 3. 11 Combat = 11 Hits. (Dagron:24)
Including the 2 more damage Yuri did, we get a total of 22 for dagron hits. (Like EtheBoyce said, this isn't the number reflected in the portals unit stats.)

On the next round, the dagron can heal up to 98 hits, placing him potentially at 120 hits if he decides not to remake any uncroaked. With Rolf joining the Dagron pounding group, we'll gain an extra ~12 damage on the dagron. Almost enough to negate the ~14 we'll lose at the beginning of next round when Trogdor decides to dust another member of Green man group.

If Trogdor does decide to eat a large amount of his uncroaked, I'm thinking that L15, L13, and myself (with fire support from Cupid, Bill, and Triage,) should be sufficient to eliminate any serious threat to Will and the casters in later rounds. (They may need to move a bit.)
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:42 am

Considering that Trogdor has to take himself to 70 + hits to ensure surviving till next round, he has to devour a minimum of 4 lessers of the 7 we dusted last round. That leaves 3 to bother either the casters or our attacking group. We did a total of 80 points that round and are likely to do similar this round if Rolf joins in. Especially if Rolf and Yuri get leadership.

Will can take out YL01 before he can act so with luck we should only lose 1 of our lessers next round.
Tod should be able to make square F9 before any yellows move so I would suggest we bring our defense line out to the F column. G column would be better as it would probably pin a yellow reducing the need for us to dust it but if he spams the H portal enough (and it will take more than 3 so he can't unless he wants to die) he could push one through.
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:36 am

KILL THE RED DANCER! FINISH HIM! I BRING OUT TWO CALCIUM ENRICHED DANCE FIGHTING SKELLIES! ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:15 am

The Colonel wrote:KILL THE RED DANCER! FINISH HIM! I BRING OUT TWO CALCIUM ENRICHED DANCE FIGHTING SKELLIES! ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!

You may want to hold off on skeleton creation till you've actually drunk the potion to bring up some juice to cast with...AND you may want to hold off drinking till you see if we need you to fire on either Trogdor, if we're close to killing him...or on a lesser yellow if they try to rush our lines (both attack or defence).

Lets see which portal Trogdor chooses and how many he creates there before we go creating defenses.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 am

Updated. I assume there are no changes to the leadership, dance fighting, and attack modifiers, correct?
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:09 am

MarbitChow wrote:Updated. I assume there are no changes to the leadership, dance fighting, and attack modifiers, correct?

Yeah, everything else looks correct.

Can we see the dagron's attack and spawning choices for next round? We need to know if the dagron is going to try to prolong his own life or if he is going to try something like spawning 7 uncroaked at Portal H. (We can handle either possibility, I'd just don't want to have to do the whole conditional thing again.)

I think this next round, the 8th, should be the last round we have to give specific orders for. We'll in 'phone it in' territory afterwards, even if the battle extends to the 9th, 10th, or 11th round.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 am

I can post the exact layout once I get home tonight, but this round, all 7 are coming through the "R" portal, filling a pattern that looks like this:

Code: Select all
3 2 4
6 5 7

Place your orders accordingly.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:08 am

MarbitChow wrote:I can post the exact layout once I get home tonight, but this round, all 7 are coming through the "R" portal, filling a pattern that looks like this:

Code: Select all
3 2 4
6 5 7

Place your orders accordingly.
I suggest we start by seeing if T. Coil's hoboken and Yuri's attack combined can put the Dagron down. (They should have a 66.44% chance of doing it. (T. Coil does 8+2d6 and Yuri will do (11-10)+2d6. So 9+4d6 total. 22-9=13. A roll of 13 or higher on 4d6 has roughly a 66.44% chance of happening.))
If not, Rolf goes P9>O8>Q6>U6>V7 and trys to land the finishing blow. (Between these 3 characters, we have 14+6d6 damage after def is applied to Rolf and Yuri's attacks. With 22 hits, that is only a 7/(6^6) chance of survival.) If the dagron is already gone, he waits until after Will and I go. (And maybe Cupid.)
Will uses mighty blow to pick off any single member of the pack. (Maybe we should start with this.)
I move to any spot I can reach on either the P or Q columns that offers me a chance to lunge 2 targets and take it.
Rolf attacks a target.
Bill, Cupid and Triage concentrate fire on a target. (Triage may need to renew Yuri if the Dagron chooses to strike at him.)
Green Man group attacks whatever remains of Red Man group. (We'll set 1 of them on the dagron if it is somehow still around.)
We might see a few survivors of Red man group still around at the start of next round, but they won't last long.
Swodaems

Postby The Colonel » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:26 am

I support swodems's plan!
The Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games