Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Ok, since 0beron has objected to my previous plan, I'll resubmit it as the exact same plan but leaving out ETheBoyce from both the 4-pack and the 6-pack. He's got enough of an XP lead that the 50xp everyone else would gain from the wolves would still leave him comfortably in front. If ETheBoyce objects, then I'll resubmit it again as we keep all PCs in the same stack and start hitting the wolves, probably losing a couple of PCs in the the process.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:44 pm

Fine fine, delay my ascension to power
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:37 am

Should we send something to attack the Burger Bee and reclaim the mine? (or to negotiate?)

Our options for what to send to the mine this turn if we decide to send: (Excluding options that can't overcome the Burger bee's heal.)
I could go personally, but I'd rather not seperate myself from the party to that extent right now. (A full burger party might be in range of the mine.)
We could pop and send a patty flipper to deal with the problem. (Since the flipper's stun attack would only do 1.5 damage to an enemy that heals 2, live capture is not an option.)
Bob Enweave could make it. (If MarbitChow does choose to eat the bear corpse, he could give me a ride to where the party's at.)
If MarbitChow isn't too attached to the corpse, we could have NPC Bee drag it to the capital and use it create one of a few options of second level units to send.

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Patty flipper (Watermonkey314):
----Melee/Magic/Skill
----23/80XP;
----4/10HP
Didn't we already pay extra schmuckers for rations to heal this?
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:40 am

Remember that we can pop as many units as we can afford. We could pop a 2-melee, 1-archer, 1-healer stack and send it to the mine, for example.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Drat it. Somehow I missed the post about the Burger Jolly Bee.

So....
We know they've got a unit at the mine. I could probably make it there and kill it, taking back the mine for us.
But... as Swodaems points out there may be other Burger units in the area. Very likely unless they thought a Jolly Bee could dispose of whatever was at the mine.
It probably means that, like us, they could not see what was at the mine. However, they do know that they took a mine belonging to us and they know we know of it.
We were able to see the city site from the mine so it's likely they also know of that. It is therefore imperative we take the city site. We should also make some sort of show of strength to dissuade them from coming further.
We know they could see the Mad cow (thanks Bland) so they probably have forces nearby to deal with that.
With the Jolly Bee's move it could have come far BUT, How far out could OUR Jolly Bee see ? Our city can see about 8 hexes ( judging from the first map we got) so it must have have come from further than that. However our Jolly Bee could only see 4 hexes from the mine (judging by the map increase) so if they could see the cow they must be no more than 4 hexes from it. That lets us narrow down their location.
Why is there only a Jolly bee at the Mine ? ...movement. Any other forces were more than 5 from the mine. So a maximum of 4 hexes from the cow but more than 5 from the mine and more than 8 from our city. So there is likely a small number of burger units heading for the mine next turn. We need to head them off.

Consequences...
We need to retake the mine.
We need to occupy the city site
We need to start popping units.
We need those forces to scout.
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Wellllll...why don't we just do all of that ourselves? Move up, take the mine back, and continue on to the city site.
We COULD take out one of the wolfpacks first, and use the corpses to pop more units to help buff our ranks. This would slow us down, but I think it could be worth it.

Concurrently however, I think we need to pull a Jillian. Ask Bwussels for help/alliance. They're already fighting the Burgers, so it would be to their benefit to prevent them from advancing into this territory. Plus, we pop Burger units, so allying with us means they get to stack with units they might not have previously had access to. BLAND, what kind of unit would be needed to settle an alliance with Bwussels? Would an NPC work? A PC? or would it have to be a Leadership unit specifically?

Also, by my account we have 2 Leadership units now. Given these recent events, I think we need to split into 2 stacks now.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Ok Swodaems and our sprite can make the mine. Bridget can make the mine, and I can carry one other to the mine. This turn we could get 2 managers, a grillphon, a sprite and a Jolly Bee to the mine. Plus what we can spawn at the capital ( a 2 melee 1 archer stack) . That should give us a strong stack to take the mine AND put up a show of force to whoever has eyes on the City site (since thats where any reasonable size force would head) or is in the mad cow hex (since thats where a weaker force would head).

That's what I think we should do.
We can split into 2 stacks when we know we're facing weaker opposition
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Ok Swodaems and our sprite can make the mine. Bridget can make the mine, and I can carry one other to the mine. This turn we could get 2 managers, a grillphon, a sprite and a Jolly Bee to the mine. Plus what we can spawn at the capital ( a 2 melee 1 archer stack) . That should give us a strong stack to take the mine AND put up a show of force to whoever has eyes on the City site (since thats where any reasonable size force would head) or is in the mad cow hex (since thats where a weaker force would head).

That's what I think we should do.
We can split into 2 stacks when we know we're facing weaker opposition

We would also need to deal with the Grizzled bear corpse that we have. If the Jolly Bee and I take seperate paths to te mine, we can reach it with the corpse.

Things/ people that will level from eating the corpse: (I'm assuming it has 16o exp and multiplies by 90%, 60% and 30%.)
fresh popped Melee units on the might/*, and the */force paths. (Both TheColonel and WaterMonkey314 are Magic/skill and can not level off the 48 exp they would recieve.) can get either level 2 melee subtype.
fresh popped archer units on the might/*, and the */force paths. can get either level 2 archer subtype.
MarbitChow
Bridget (Loses her heal for this: Caffeine: boost primary damage of target (except Heal and other support abilities) by 20% of its value for the next turn)
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, unless there's a good reason to get another melee at this point, there's no point spending the bear on an NPC archer when I can use it just as easily, and we still need all the heals we can get, I think.

I'm officially entering my completely biased vote for MarbitChow to eat the bear.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:10 pm

I agree that we want as many people to level as possible. I'm slightly leaning towards Marbit getting it because we do need heals, but if we pop another Bee to replace Brigit's heal then I'd allow her to have it cus buffed damage is nice (She could buff me when we face large groups)
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 pm

I was thinking I could meet up with ETheBoyces manager unit and transport him to the mine but that also applies with any of the units currently in the rest of the party. So it is possible to take MarbitChow's THAC0 Bell. If the sprite has enough move to intercept us on the way to the mine Could MarbitChow eat the corpse and be levelled before any fight at the mine ? We would then have the ability to transport 2 low move units. Or....Grillphon relay, anyone ?
Werebiscuit

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:34 pm

0beron wrote:BLAND, what kind of unit would be needed to settle an alliance with Bwussels? Would an NPC work? A PC? or would it have to be a Leadership unit specifically?

I'd ask for there to be two Leadership units, one on each side, but since the Bee can't hurt anyone, just bring a Leadership unit of your own and try to strike a conversation with the Burgers if you so desire.

Werebiscuit wrote: Could MarbitChow eat the corpse and be levelled before any fight at the mine ?

Why not?

On the topic of the listing- ah yes, HP was healed. Fixing. Dang copy-paste.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby kriss1989 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:24 pm

It's better if I stay healer until we have an NPC Bee to replace me. The damage buff will be more useful later, right now we need heals.
This is no longer a case of Checkov's Gun, but Checkov's frickin Arsenal. Chekhov's Munitions Factory. Chekhov's Ordnance Ordinance. Chekhov's Exorbitant Explosive Excess.
kriss1989

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Oooh...oooh ! We could really abuse the movement rules by Bob Enweave waiting till the rest of the party gets to him, gives Marbit's THAC0 Bell a lift for 3 hexes saving some movement until EtheBoyces manager runs out of move then having the manager ride to the mine and the THAC0 Bell now has still 8 move left to make it to the mine using what remains of its move. Whereupon Marbit eats the Bear corpse and levels.
This would give a frontline of 2 managers and 2 Grillphons and a backline/riders of 2 NPC patty flippers and an NPC THAC0 Bell plus a Sprite. A formidable party to back up any negotiations
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Ok I'm not sure BLAND properly read what I asked, but in either event he answered my question. While we are dealing with the Mine and the City Site, we need to use a corpse to pop a Manager and send it off towards Bwussles as soon as possible, so we can try to get an ally.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:22 am

0beron wrote:Ok I'm not sure BLAND properly read what I asked, but in either event he answered my question. While we are dealing with the Mine and the City Site, we need to use a corpse to pop a Manager and send it off towards Bwussles as soon as possible, so we can try to get an ally.

I'm not sure a manager is the best unit to send. We should pop a Jolly Bee and level it to sprite, it can take leadership as a perk. We'd then have a 22 move capable leadership unit instead of a 10 move. It was a pity our NPC sprite took natural armour or we'd already have a diplomatic unit. But Who Knew ?

If anyone doubts our need to go to the mine & take it as an imperative can I remind them that the burger Bee at the mine can see 4 hexes and our ONLY city is just 5 hexes away.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:18 am

Good point about having a Sprite go instead. The only potential problem will be finding a fitting corpse asap, so we'll have to play it by ear.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 am

0beron wrote:Good point about having a Sprite go instead. The only potential problem will be finding a fitting corpse asap, so we'll have to play it by ear.

I take your point about the corpse but even an Irn Bruer would have 18 move and the leadership perk so we could specify a jolly bee NPC on the Support/Might/Skill path. The barbs in the City site should suffice for that.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 am

Yeah, let's see what the fastest unit we could level to 2 with the first corpse we get, and we'll go with that. So that raises the point...where are we going now?
I believe Marbit had a plan, and as long as it takes the majority of the party as close to the Mine as possible, I'm in favor of it.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:15 am

Depending on an answer to a question, I have a sequence of movements that would work to get all but 1 PC to the mine.

Next turn, if MarbitChow eats the corpse and levels to grillphon, will the amount of move he has remaining increase by 2?

Plan: (only works if the answer to the above question is yes.)
Our migration starts with me seperating from NPC Bee and going by myself to deal with the Burger Bee. (Seeing as the Burgers have not merely violated our territory, but actively hindered us by taking the mine, I'll first offer the Burger Bee a chance to surrender and use stun attacks to beat him senseless if he refuses.) According to the list of units on the first page, Jolly bees are only worth 5 exp total, so he is literally not worth croaking and I would like to question him. This uses up all but 2 of my move.
Next, NPC Sprite drags the Grizzled Bear corpse 3 hexes NE.
Then the house group and bob Enweave move to meet up with NPC sprite, but act oddly on the way: First, the house group move 2 hexes NW to meet up with Bob Enweave. MarbitChow mounts Bob Enweave. The whole group, now with Bob Enweave, moves 1 hex NW into our capital. MarbitChow dismounts and 0beron gets on. Then the group moves 2 hexes NW to NPC Sprite's location.
MarbitChow eats the Grizzled bear corpse and levels to grillphon. 0beron dismounts. We choose any two of the three (EtheBoyce, TheColonel, and Watermonkey314) melee units to mount on Bob Enweave and MarbitChow.
Thanks to the mount/dismount shenanigans and the choice of meeting place, NPC Sprite, Bob Enweave, MarbitChow, Bridget, and 0beron should all have the move remaining to get to the mine this turn with the 2 chosen melee units riding along.
Swodaems

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games