Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:39 am

MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:45 am

Pick Me Pick Me!/inner_child
The Colonel

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Is our ruler compensating for something?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Indeed he is, I believe we need to introduce him to a suit wearing associate of mine.
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:36 pm

(Can anyone else hear me and him speak to each other? If so, "My leige, I ask that you please refrain from wording requests in such a way that I am forced to give a public evaluation of units under my command.")
"I fear that the roots for my choice of companion will be more pragmatic than evaluative. Triage is needed here to Ward up our forces for a likely Elven counter attack and Bill needs to maintain his uncroaked. T. Coil, the one who landed the dusting blow on the dagron, will be the one to accompany me." (Speak up if you don't want to go.) "His stunning abilities will be very handy should Wandereus and Junetta try anything. I'll have a talk with him beforehand to keep his past with them from tainting their view of our side during the trip."

"As the Balrug doesn't have enough move left this turn to convey us to the capital today, we'll depart tomorow after my management rounds. Provided nothing comes up during scouting, of course. I'll call you if we have to cancel the trip due to a poorly timed attack by the elves."

MarbitChow wrote:Wandereus, C-1 Elf Warrior {Lvl 3} [ 8 Combat / 9 Defense / 30 Hits. Attack. Special: Leadership, Beefy, Block; 'Magic Sword' (+1 Combat, requires Attack) ] (Ward-8)
Junetta, H-1 Elf Caster {Lvl 4} [ 6 Combat / 7 Defense / 16 Hits. Fire. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Minor Ward, Space Out, Renew). 30 Juice.] (Ward-8)

MarbitChow, would the wards on these 2 still be active? Junetta needs hers if we don't want Ickypron to croak her if T. Coil needs to stun our prisoners. (We might want to have Triage upgrade her -8 ward to a -16.)

T. Coil and I should prep for the journey. Triage, you should have enough Juice left this turn for 2 castings of Ward -16. When I do meet Vinny later this turn, I'll ask that he let T. Coil wear the spare attack cloak and provide me with a (hiya/Hoboken) cloak in case the elves' new shockamancer makes an appearance. (I make it clear to T. coil in no uncertain terms that I am choosing this clock because of the conversation we had with Junetta that revealed the presence of another shockamancer on the enemy's side. If they've had time to set up a small ambush for us, then a shockamancer would be a good choice to send.) I also go to our city's library and get a book to read along the way.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Swodaems wrote:(Can anyone else hear me and him speak to each other?)

People around you can hear what you say, but they can't hear what the King is saying. Creperum agrees with your assessment, says that he looks forward to seeing you in person, and the conversation ends.

The group, including the surviving uncroaked, as well as two marbit corpses, arrives at Dis City without incident. Shortly after you arrive, Vinny and Brick enter the city as well and make their introductions.

Swodaems wrote:MarbitChow, would the wards on these 2 still be active? Junetta needs hers if we don't want Ickypron to croak her if T. Coil needs to stun our prisoners. (We might want to have Triage upgrade her -8 ward to a -16.)

All spells on captured units are dispelled the moment they are captured (at the same time the shackles appear). Spells can be re-applied to them afterwards.

Swodaems wrote:I also go to our city's library and get a book to read along the way.

Most of the books are simply records of battles. You do find, however, what appears to be a diary written by an elven Predictamancer. The date of the first entry indicates that it was written thousands of turns ago, but it might provide something of interest to pass the time as you journey home.

All players: Let me know what your instructions are for the remainder of this turn. In addition, Swodaems, let me know what you'd like to pop at the start of the next turn.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:19 pm

I will craft Cloaks if I can. I believe it was discussed to give the +8 Juice Staff to me, so I can craft at least one.
My Current Inventory:
  • Fire (mine & Equipped)
  • Magic (mine, in my Pack)
  • 2x S/A (one for Brick and 1 up for grabs)
For now, I will follow the "first come first served" principle, so make your next Cloak request.

I will also review the Library, with an eye open for Golem and/or Item design templates, but picking up anything that seems interesting.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Our boss wants one more magic cloak and Zappy guy wants a attack cloak
The Colonel

Postby 0beron » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Magic Cloak crafted!
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:30 pm

I we are leaving Dis City Dis Turn then T. Coil will do nothing, if we are leaving next turn then I will resume juicing up our tower
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Exate » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:39 pm

As Yuri is now mighty lord of war, he is clearly in charge of the city in the absence of any higher-level warlord. He will manage the city and relentlessly drill the troops, including all PCs who aren't casters and don't have Leadership.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Anything you dudes want me to do?
The Colonel

Postby Exate » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:44 pm

The Colonel wrote:Anything you dudes want me to do?
Maintain the uncroaked, perhaps, or something equally useful. Yuri has no time to micromanage the details of such caster-ish nonsense when there are lazy, indolent troops who need drilling.
Exate

Postby Lord of Monies » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Can't think of anything special except take up training or something. Standing by for any orders.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby The Colonel » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:47 pm

fair enough, I MAINTAIN THE UNCROAKED!(Whatever that is) AND I DRAG ALL FREE UNITS INTO HELPING ME

"Come on, It'll be educational."
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:14 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:I also go to our city's library and get a book to read along the way.

Most of the books are simply records of battles. You do find, however, what appears to be a diary written by an elven Predictamancer. The date of the first entry indicates that it was written thousands of turns ago, but it might provide something of interest to pass the time as you journey home.

All players: Let me know what your instructions are for the remainder of this turn. In addition, Swodaems, let me know what you'd like to pop at the start of the next turn.

MarbitChow wrote:"The elven lands are ripe for plucking, Our capital, Tenebris, rests in the mountain range that the elves falsely believe protects their flank. They allowed a faded and irrelevant side to hold this capital site, rather than claiming it for themselves, and that shall be their undoing."

I take note of the Predictamancer's name and do a quick scan over the titles of the books. I look for books that have the name of the Elven side and the name of another side in the battle. (Of particular interest are books that have the name of the side that used to be based out of our capital. Those get set aside for later. We need to know how a side based out of our capital got as reduced as it was.) Books that have recent dates on them also get set aside.

I'm trying to put together a list of the names of the enemies and allies the elves have had in the past and present. I'll try name-dropping these into conversation with Wandereus and Junetta tomorrow. I'll start with the ones T. Coil can confirm as deceased and then move on to the others. (I'll ask T. Coil if he has ever heard of the predictamancer.) I'll take note of whom they're willing to to talk about and whom they aren't. I'll also seek out the names of any living rulers and commanders I can. (Including the name of the Elves' ruler if we don't already have that.)

(What exactly do I need to call a unit using my bracer? Do I just need their name or is something more required?)

Also, since the Balrug only holds 4, the 2 royal guards that arrived on it won't be able to join us on the trip home. What are their levels/stats?

We'll pop two more archers with no spare AP, to bring our total up to 8.
Swodaems

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I respectfully decline helping to maintain the uncroaked.

I also Ward Junetta, Tod, and Wandereus (in that Order) with my remaining juice. Afterwards, I begin crafting healing potions so long as scouting reports reveal no enemy action.

Spending Combat Points: I'll spend 3 for defense (to Def 4), 3 for combat (to Com 6), 2 to Hits (+6), and 1 to Juice (+3)

That leaves me at:
Code: Select all
Lvl 4: 6 Com / 4 Def / 22 Hits / 8 SM; 8 OHM / Fire; Quick-shot / Special: Healomancer (Revitalize; Renew; Minor Ward; Ward), 35 Juice
WaterMonkey314

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Any downtime I have not spend juicing up towers will probably be spent doing what experimenting I can, since there are no enemy units nearby and I can't practice on our captives I'm going to attempt to use one of our npcs if I can
ETheBoyce

Postby 0beron » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 pm

I have a couple questions:
  • What level are our cities?
  • What structures listed do each city have?
  • What's our economic situation? Do we consume upkeep? And do our cities produce income?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:45 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:I respectfully decline helping to maintain the uncroaked.

I also Ward Junetta, Tod, and Wandereus (in that Order) with my remaining juice. Afterwards, I begin crafting healing potions so long as scouting reports reveal no enemy action.

Spending Combat Points: I'll spend 3 for defense (to Def 4), 3 for combat (to Com 6), 2 to Hits (+6), and 1 to Juice (+3)

That leaves me at:
Code: Select all
Lvl 4: 6 Com / 4 Def / 22 Hits / 8 SM; 8 OHM / Fire; Quick-shot / Special: Healomancer (Revitalize; Renew; Minor Ward; Ward), 35 Juice

A slight amendment: after Warding the group returning to our capital, I begin Warding all the PCs in Dis City, and then split my juice expenditure, 1/2 to warding regular units (start with heavies, then move down) and 1/2 to crafting healing potions.
WaterMonkey314

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games