Book 2 – Page 83

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 83

Postby balder » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:30 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 83

Postby Alternator » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:39 am

Interesting. Wonder if we're about to see even more casters join up with Parson's group, and maybe more of Jojo's minions join the fun to force a huge battle? Hippymancers and Thinkamancers versus Jojo's (presumed) Carnymancers and whatever else he can scrounge up for Charlie?
Alternator

Postby random_guy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:40 am

Up until now, the thinkamancers have been trying to be coy as far as their purpose for having Parson join them. Now that Charlie has been mentioned, what are the chances that he will follow them instead of joining the battle?
random_guy
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Wrathwind » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:42 am

Sigh I don't mean to be a kill joy or put down rob or xins work (GREAT Comic btw) but its starting to seem like book 2 is going to end with parson going through the portal.....
Though I do see why this page was nessacery parson admits that his life on erfworld is more meaning full and important than his (nearly) useless existence on earth and this is exceptional development....
Last edited by Wrathwind on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wrathwind

Postby roninpanda » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:46 am

This is awesome. He now has a basically verified way of going home and no longer cares to. I think he will be going through the portal in maybe 3-5 more pages.
You are in what may be the worst, most Titans-forsaken place in all of Erfworld,” said Judy. “This is the Olive Garden.”
roninpanda

Postby Angband » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:54 am

Interesting... my guess is that last panel is Charlie's POV on the scene. (Which brings up the question of whose eyes he is looking through?)

The GMTTA were clearly right to be paranoid about him.
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Cadrys » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:55 am

Last panel has a 'through a lens' look. Charlie listening in?
Cadrys

Postby DeathTheKid » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:55 am

Why would Isaac ask for an alliance against Charlie through thinkagram (I'm assuming the last panel is a fancy form of thinkagram)? I'm certain Charlie would hear of it soon after the event, but I'm even more certain he is paying special attention to the events happening in the magic kingdom, and letting him know anything a second sooner than possible seems like a really bad idea in such a delicate situation.
DeathTheKid

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:02 am

I wonder if Charlie even knew the GMTTA were an organized enemy before now.
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Thomar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:14 am

DeathTheKid wrote:Why would Isaac ask for an alliance against Charlie through thinkagram (I'm assuming the last panel is a fancy form of thinkagram)? I'm certain Charlie would hear of it soon after the event, but I'm even more certain he is paying special attention to the events happening in the magic kingdom, and letting him know anything a second sooner than possible seems like a really bad idea in such a delicate situation.

That's assuming that the Arkendish's power lets Charlie intercept every Thinkagram in Erfworld. It's been theorized, but never explicitly confirmed.
Thomar

Postby Aster Azul » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:21 am

Go through the portal, Parson!!

(I ship Parson/Portal. Someone please write Parson/Portal slash fanfiction. End Parson/Portal UST!!)
Like our new game, King's Ascent!
https://www.facebook.com/KingsAscent
Aster Azul

Postby Nnelg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:26 am

Well, the counterattack at Spacerock has gone from final sortie to massacre of routing troops. *SIGHS* And I was really starting to see Slately as a reformed paragon of nobility... I guess it just further proves the point of there being no "Right" side to this conflict.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Whispri » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 am

I don't like that Wanda's at the back of the Stack.

You know when Book 2 restarted I was rather worried that Parson would never breach the Portal. Those worries have resurfaced.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Aster Azul » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 am

Portal/Parson fanfiction:
The surface of the portal quivered as Parson's fingertips touched it, a ripple forming around his hand. The portal was cool to his touch. He wondered how it would feel for his face to touch it, to slip through its velvet surface into the battle that lay beyond.

It was a pull he could not resist.

"At last," said Parson, shuddering as the lips of the portal slid around him. "I've waited so long for this moment."
Like our new game, King's Ascent!
https://www.facebook.com/KingsAscent
Aster Azul

Postby Nnelg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:28 am

Aster Azul wrote:Go through the portal, Parson!!

(I ship Parson/Portal. Someone please write Parson/Portal slash fanfiction. End Parson/Portal UST!!)

Well, for that all we'd need is for Wanda to decrypt the Companion Cube. ;)
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Whispri » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:28 am

Aster Azul wrote:Portal/Parson fanfiction:
The surface of the portal quivered as Parson's fingertips touched it, a ripple forming around his hand. The portal was cool to his touch. He wondered how it would feel for his face to touch it, to slip through its velvet surface into the battle that lay beyond.

It was a pull he could not resist.

"At last," said Parson, shuddering as the lips of the portal slid around him. "I've waited so long for this moment."

I can't stop laughing, help!
Whispri

Postby atalex » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 am

It is likely significant that Charlie now knows that the GMMTA are plotting against him. It is, however, perhaps MORE significant that Charlie (assuming that is Charlie in the last panel) can plainly see that Parson is in the MK along with all but one of GK's casters, and the one who is absent will arrive shortly. IOW, Charlie will soon realize that GK and Stanley are largely undefended. I find that ... interesting.
atalex

Postby DeathTheKid » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 am

Thomar wrote:
DeathTheKid wrote:Why would Isaac ask for an alliance against Charlie through thinkagram (I'm assuming the last panel is a fancy form of thinkagram)? I'm certain Charlie would hear of it soon after the event, but I'm even more certain he is paying special attention to the events happening in the magic kingdom, and letting him know anything a second sooner than possible seems like a really bad idea in such a delicate situation.

That's assuming that the Arkendish's power lets Charlie intercept every Thinkagram in Erfworld. It's been theorized, but never explicitly confirmed.

Regardless of whether or not it can, Isaac believes it can, which should be enough to encourage him to use more caution.
DeathTheKid

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:47 am

Nnelg wrote:Well, the counterattack at Spacerock has gone from final sortie to massacre of routing troops. *SIGHS* And I was really starting to see Slately as a reformed paragon of nobility... I guess it just further proves the point of there being no "Right" side to this conflict.

He'd be more than happy to accept their surrender (bigger bounty from Charlie). It's not his fault that non-Commanders probably don't have enough initiative to surrender, Commanders have Duty, and all units have Obedience and Loyalty.

What exactly would you have him do?
Chit Rule Railroad

Postby Nnelg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:57 am

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:He'd be more than happy to accept their surrender (bigger bounty from Charlie). It's not his fault that non-Commanders probably don't have enough initiative to surrender, Commanders have Duty, and all units have Obedience and Loyalty.

What exactly would you have him do?

Eh, there's not much else he could do, I know; there's just this whole ignoble feel about the thing. At the very least he could be less enthusiastic about it.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Next

Return to Reactions