Book 2 – Page 83

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 83

Postby kagato23 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:46 am

Nnelg wrote:Eh, there's not much else he could do, I know; there's just this whole ignoble feel about the thing. At the very least he could be less enthusiastic about it.

These people showed up to kill him and everybody under his rule, resurrecting them as abominable reflections of themselves, don't forget. Just because some of them don't want to fight now doesn't change why they came here. It's been a no quarter war up till now (prisoners have not been taken), responding in kind is honestly expected.

Moving on though... I think now it's more clear then ever this king is a copy that will not last long. Ace has: finally been listened to, been useful to his side, trusted to work on his own initive, and now, complemented and told he'll have a bigger voice in things in the future, like he always wanted.

Ace's luckamancy isn't this good. The other shoe's going to drop, and the poor boop is gonna be devastated.
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Squall83 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:32 am

Thank you thank you thank you for the regular updates! Life is so wonderful when I can come to erfworld.com at the scheduled times and always find a new update (or 1 morning later at most, because in Germany it's 7 hours later than in America, so updates close to midnight reach me at 7 a.m.).

Btw: Shouldn't the tower be down by now? I mean it was falling down already before Wanda's backstory started. And that'd mean the city would fall and the portal would close, right?
Squall83

Postby Brucester » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:24 am

Look closely at JoJo's expression in the final panel and his position in relation to Isaac. Does anyone else think that JoJo might be able to stab/shoot/blast Isaac in the back?

Am surprised by Isaac declaring openly that he's an enemy of Charlie. I would expect retaliation from the pro-Charlie 'side'. Look at it from JoJo's point of view - Charlie's plan to get rid of Parson has been exposed. Is JoJo just going to stand there and simmer and let Isaac figure out what to do next, or he going to roll the dice and let some wackiness ensue?

I'm betting that wackiness ensues....

(please please let Parson dive through the portal in the next update..... this is all very interesting and I can see the pace quickening as we cut from Spacerock to the Magic Kingdom ... but I'd like to see the deadlock broken and Parson go through that portal)
Brucester
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Morni » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:32 am

Brucester wrote:Look closely at JoJo's expression in the final panel and his position in relation to Isaac. Does anyone else think that JoJo might be able to stab/shoot/blast Isaac in the back?

Am surprised by Isaac declaring openly that he's an enemy of Charlie. I would expect retaliation from the pro-Charlie 'side'. Look at it from JoJo's point of view - Charlie's plan to get rid of Parson has been exposed. Is JoJo just going to stand there and simmer and let Isaac figure out what to do next, or he going to roll the dice and let some wackiness ensue?

I'm betting that wackiness ensues....

(please please let Parson dive through the portal in the next update..... this is all very interesting and I can see the pace quickening as we cut from Spacerock to the Magic Kingdom ... but I'd like to see the deadlock broken and Parson go through that portal)

But JoJo has been flowered, he can't engage this turn. Yes he probably could get another mancer to remove it, but it hasn't been proven/unproven yet.
Morni

Postby vintermann » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:33 am

Isaac doesn't openly reveal that Charlie is an enemy. The last panel is a thinkagram sent to Parson only - and possibly intercepted by Charlie as well.

It would be a bad idea to say that openly, since Bea's former casters appears to have aligned themselves unusually strongly with Charlie. I bet Charlie doesn't take the risk of linking with Magic Kingdom casters very often (if at all before Vanna). But Charlie already knows what the thinkamancers think of him, I'm sure.
vintermann
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Morni » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 am

vintermann wrote:Isaac doesn't openly reveal that Charlie is an enemy. The last panel is a thinkagram sent to Parson only - and possibly intercepted by Charlie as well.

It would be a bad idea to say that openly, since Bea's former casters appears to have aligned themselves unusually strongly with Charlie. I bet Charlie doesn't take the risk of linking with Magic Kingdom casters very often (if at all before Vanna). But Charlie already knows what the thinkamancers think of him, I'm sure.

I wanted to argue this point, but I look at the last panel of today's comic, Isaac mouth is shut so I'm forced to agree.

That's probably how Charlie is peaking in, he's listening to the thinkagram.
Morni

Postby Sieggy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:09 am

What Thinkagram? I think Charlie is just using your basic Lookamancy to monitor events. If he links in a Lookamancer to the Dish, he may also have unparalleled Lookamancy ability, which is a very unsettling thought, indeed. As for an attack on GK this turn, I dunno - unless he has forces on station, the simple logistics of getting enough firepower there would take a bit of time.

Edit - Upon looking closer, you're probably right that it's a private communication to Parson from Isaac - however, given the range and the fact that it's eye-to-eye, I doubt if that's something Charlie can tap into. It's a very short G-string.
Last edited by Sieggy on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby Sieggy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:12 am

Oh, and if Pierce doesn't get down there and whup some healin' on Trem ASAP, all this is moot as soon as the spell maintaining the DoppelSlately fades.
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby Kaed » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 am

Two things occur to me here.

First is that either one can tell who made a scroll, or one can tell when the arkendish has been applied during the making of a scroll. It sounds to me like Isaac is disappointed in Jojo in the second to last panel.

Second, Isaac is quite possibly the most powerful Thinkamancer in erfworld. Most definitely somewhere around a level 10 or higher and master class to boot. If anyone is to notice Charlie peeking in on his thinkagram, it would be Isaac.

But I think the important thing is - and now we move into speculation - that Parson will have a new ally and learn about Charlie. Perhaps he will begin using other means of communication.

Like hats? :)

You know he's going to be decrypted folks...

But I wonder... Jetstone will soon be under new management.

Does anyone think they may soon ally against Charlie?
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby wrecan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 am

I think the idea that a newly crowned Tramennis, revived by Pierce, and armed by Ace, might choose instead to ally with Parson is fascinating. One part of the price of this alliance may be that Wanda has to allow Ansom to be turned back to Jetstone.

But against whom would this new Jetstone/GK alliance turn in book 3? Will it be Transylvito? Charlescomm?! I bet Stanley and Caesar are eager for a rematch.

Meanwhile, Charlie has most of the decrypted archons ready for capture or dusting, so he's likely moderately happy, even if Parson isn't out of the picture.
wrecan

Postby cloudbreaker » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:07 am

Parson seems to still want to get to Jetstone, and Issac seems adamant about keeping Parson under his protection, so... 20-man caster parade into Jetstone? If all those casters are already ready to upset the status quo, then why not, right?
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Vorteks » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:13 am

Wait, I'm confused. Is the portal to Spacerock even open anymore? Sure, the portal disappearing on page 73 *could* have just been part of Jack's foolamancy. But on page 70 Jack and the decrypted Jetstone warlord agreed that Parson would be trapped in the magic kingdom when the tower fell. And the tower did fall, right? I mean, the hat magician was killed when the tower fell. So isn't going through the portal a non-option now?

EDIT: It just occured to me that maybe they expected the portal to close when the king died, and just didn't realize he might survive the tower falling.
Last edited by Vorteks on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vorteks
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 am

Vorteks wrote:Wait, I'm confused. Is the portal to Spacerock even open anymore? Sure, the portal disappearing on page 73 *could* have just been part of Jack's foolamancy. But on page 70 Jack and the decrypted Jetstone warlord agreed that Parson would be trapped in the magic kingdom when the tower fell. And the tower did fall, right? I mean, the hat magician was killed when the tower fell. So isn't going through the portal a non-option now?

*facedesk* this issue has been explained to death. The Portal closing was Jack's Foolamancy. The portal was expected to close because the Tower falling would have meant Slately croaks without an heir. Because Slately can fly now, he survived and the city is still a Jetstone Capital. Hence, portal open.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby cloudbreaker » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:17 am

Vorteks wrote:Wait, I'm confused. Is the portal to Spacerock even open anymore? Sure, the portal disappearing on page 73 *could* have just been part of Jack's foolamancy. But on page 70 Jack and the decrypted Jetstone warlord agreed that Parson would be trapped in the magic kingdom when the tower fell. And the tower did fall, right? I mean, the hat magician was killed when the tower fell. So isn't going through the portal a non-option now?

EDIT: It just occured to me that maybe they expected the portal to close when the king died, and just didn't realize he might survive the tower falling.

The portal is still there. They assumed it would close when the tower fell, because they assumed Slately would croak when the tower fell. He didn't. They still have to get to the city before the entire garrison is emptied of Jetstone units though, which could be any moment.

Edit: ninjaed
Last edited by cloudbreaker on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Vorteks » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 am

0beron wrote:*facedesk* this issue has been explained to death.

Sorry! I don't have time to read everything posted in the forums.
Vorteks

Postby Spleenlord » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:20 am

Kaed wrote:Second, Isaac is quite possibly the most powerful Thinkamancer in erfworld. Most definitely somewhere around a level 10 or higher and master class to boot. If anyone is to notice Charlie peeking in on his thinkagram, it would be Isaac.

As revealed in the bonus material of It's Raining Men Isaac is a very rare level 11, master class thinkeramacer and lookamcer and adept foolamancer.

Also Norma Jeane is a reference to Elton John's Candle in the Wind about Marilyn Monroe. I had to look it up since the archon looked so familiar.

Ok so lots of stuff to think about. Two things need to happen either before or around the same time as Parson portal hoping. Maggie needs to show up in MK and Tremenis needs to get healed by Pierce. The first so that all the important (not Stanley) gobwin knob units are all in one place for something big to happen. The second so that Slately II can fade away, preferably with a touching bedside reunion. The signamancy is all there. This is not Slately. This is Slately as he wished he could always be.

Now then what could that big thing be. Charlie could sack Gobwin Knob and croak/capture Stanley. Stanely promotes Parson as a last resort to save the side. Parson takes Sparerock as new capital site. Tremenis falls back to Jetstone the city, perhaps after negotiating a truce or an alliance against Charlie. Of course this would lose Gobwin Knob its most charismatic leader and the Arkenhammer. Don't really like this idea.

I can't wait for it all.

*Edited for spelling*
Last edited by Spleenlord on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spleenlord
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby SNfinity » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 am

Norma Jean is Marilyn Monroe's real name. Just sayin'. Now then, onto the wild mass guessing!

Mmkay, so we already know that thinkamancers can talk directly into people's minds (Charlie yelled an Slately about talking to Jillian's turnamancer) so that's probably what Isaac is doing, not a thinkagram. More importantly, though, is that it could be a suggestion or mind control spell. This is a Master thinkamancer we're talking about here, after all.

EDIT: Ah, cwap. I got ninja'd.
SNfinity

Postby Kaed » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 am

Spleenlord wrote:
Kaed wrote:Second, Isaac is quite possibly the most powerful Thinkamancer in erfworld. Most definitely somewhere around a level 10 or higher and master class to boot. If anyone is to notice Charlie peeking in on his thinkagram, it would be Isaac.

As revealed in the bonus material of It's Raining Men Isaac is a very rare level 11, master class thinkeramacer and lookamcer and adept foolamancer.

I stand confirmed. :)

And what bonus material? Does that mean the printed book is out? Man I need to pay more attention...
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby effataigus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:47 am

Squall83 wrote:Thank you thank you thank you for the regular updates!

This.

Also...

Stack up... I need to get into the action stat! People are fighting and dying at this very moment! Oh hey Jojo, welcome back. What's up? Oh, there's this thing I've been meaning to ask you about... Scroll, oh yeah, Isaac, check THIS crazy thing out.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby drachefly » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:00 am

Sieggy wrote:It's a very short G-string.

No, G-strings are only readable by those who know how. This is a very short-ranged, brief thinkagram.

Charlie would have to be very quick on the draw to catch it - that's its only security

Spleenlord - Tramennis has no 'd'.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions