Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:Question Bland If we one hit croak Bonnie, would her side know what had Croaked her ?

I should note that they can probably see us at the mine (so the answer would be yes) but my plan is to get her away from there to the northeast before we one hit croak. If we can do it that way, would they still know? Or only know that she had been croaked ?

They'd know she was croaked, and if it happened by battle, they'd also know by whom. Spells are a valid way to damage or misdirect units as well, and would prove more difficult to trace, though at present you are a bit lacking in that department.

Bonnie Bee ignores your question regarding the number of forces that the Burgers have nearby. Still, she takes the bait to explore NE, and if I understand your terms right, she would be happy with some of you accompanying her- if only that were possible, you operating on different turns and all. She reminds you that joining the Burgers should be an option.

You breathe a sigh of relief knowing that she'll move NE, and the mine is also yours. You do wonder what other Burger forces are nearby though, and that they may have the mine as their target- Bonnie hasn't talked to her side about you yet, that will happen on their next turn.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:13 pm

(Can we communicate to each other / give popping orders to the city without her listening in?)

(I'm thinking that we should pop something in the capital just in case she goes there anyway. A Patty Flipper could take her out, but simply having anything there should suffice to insure that she can't take it on her own.)
Swodaems

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Swodaems wrote:(Can we communicate to each other / give popping orders to the city without her listening in?)

(I'm thinking that we should pop something in the capital just in case she goes there anyway. A Patty Flipper could take her out, but simply having anything there should suffice to insure that she can't take it on her own.)

I'll pop the Patty flipper then, since it's the cheapest unit and enough for the purpose. Also, yep, you can communicate with the city and with each other without her listening in. Think of it as natural telepathy.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:09 am

OOC I don't think that we can hope to direct Bonnie straight into the barberians to the NE as she'll be looking for a raiding party and won't be moving her full speed blindly. The best that we can hope for is that we can direct her 3 spaces NE (1 away from the Barberians) and hope they attack her on their turn.
Should she not succumb to them then she should turn westward or at least northwestward in hopes of catching the raiding party. So hopefully we've given ourselves a couple of turns before she starts to doubt us.

We'll still have to off her at some point or she'll come looking for us at the mine or citysite, which is not far away from our capital.

I'm thinking we'll have to pop 3 units with orders to kill her. One at the mine, one at the citysite and one to defend our capital.
We still have the problem of her companions stumbling into us but if she communicates our status then hopefully they won't try to take the location. And with luck they'll also be moving northward to try to find the raiding party. As we've not been told of other Burger forces in the area we can legitimately try to take them out and claim fog of war later as long as we're strong enough.

So my suggestion is we move on the citysite,have 2 units popped at the capital and move 1 to guard the mine. Next turn that one can move to guard the citysite and the one at the capital can move to guard the mine as we pop another at the capital. /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:13 pm

We'll pop an Archon (might/skill path) and a patty flipper (magic/force path) and end turn. They have orders to stun and capture Bonnie should she enter the city. (They have a combined 2.5 dmg with stun attacks. That will eventually overcome her heal of 2 when enough attacks hit in a row.)
Swodaems

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Ummmmm...no? Why are we popping an expensive Archon to deal with a single Bee who may not even go there?
Also, all they have to do is miss once, and she'll heal plenty, so it's not even a good strategy.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:20 pm

If we're popping units at the capital, we make it a total of 2 patty flippers, and tell them to use NORMAL attacks until she has enough health that another hit would kill her, then they switch to stun.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 pm

0beron wrote:Ummmmm...no? Why are we popping an expensive Archon to deal with a single Bee who may not even go there?
Also, all they have to do is miss once, and she'll heal plenty, so it's not even a good strategy.

The price difference is only 10 schmuckers. (Archons cost 60, patty flippers cost 50.) Eventually, the group is going to split into 2 groups and a second archon will be useful then.
We could also just take it as given that the random number generator will throw out a long enough series of hits to put her down when given enough time. (They can also do the switch between full attacks and stun thing.)
Swodaems

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Well we need more Patty Flippers anyway so I'm still a fan of popping them and delaying the Archon pop until I hit level 2 (which is gonna be the second I find a /Magic/Force corpse). But i'll go with the group's call
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:57 pm

I'll go with popping the Archon and Melee for now, but until those units are actually engaged, it's possible to retcon the selection. So, new turn.

The Map:

Spoiler: show

And stats:

Manager (ETheBoyce):
----Melee/Might/Force;
----122/500XP;
----15/15HP
----Nat Armor

Patty flipper (Watermonkey314):
----Melee/Magic/Skill
----23/80XP;
----10/10HP

Grillphon (Bob Enweave: Werebiscuit):
----Archer/Might/Skill;
----31/800XP;
----16/16HP;
----Nat Armor

Patty flipper (Bob Posgen: The Colonel):
----Melee/Magic/Skill
----22/80XP;
----10/10HP;
----Standing orders: pick Leadership on level up

Jolly Bee (Bridget: kriss1989):
----Support/Might/Force
----22/100XP;
----6/6HP;

Grillphon (MarbitChow):
----Archer/Might/Force
----89/800XP;
----16/16HP;
----Nat Armor

Manager{NatArmor} (Swodaems):
----Melee/Might/Skill
----66/500XP;
----15/15HP;

All-a-paino (Harkin: 0beron):
----Archon/Magic/Force
----23/100XP;
----4/4HP;

NPC Sprite:
----Support/Magic/Force
----0/500XP;
----12/12HP;
----Nat Armor;

NPC Patty Flipper @Ground Zero:
----Melee/Magic/Force
----0/80XP;
----10/10HP;
----Standing orders: Guard capital, capture Bonnie if she gets there

NPC All-a-paino @Ground Zero:
----Archon/Might/Skill
----0/100XP;
----4/4HP;
----Standing orders: Guard capital, capture Bonnie if she gets there

Your treasury has 523Schmuckers

Bonnie merrily went on her NE road. So far, no new units from the Burgers showed up. Neither did a Thinkagram from the Burgers.

PS: I'll be AFK until sometime Sunday.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:22 pm

OOC So my suggestion is we wait till ETheBoyce's Manager gets here and I give him a lift to the just before the citysite and we form a group thusly :

Mangager, Grillphon, Grillphon, Manager
    (ETheBoycee) (Were) (Marbit) (Swodaems)
    Harkin, Pattyflipper Pattyflipper Bridget
    (Oberon)(watermon) (Colonel) (kriss1989)

And we go in and take the Barbs and Hare Stylists, the pattyflippers still being able to target the front row but being protected from them by the grillphons and thus capturing the citysite. Meanwhile our archon/manager combo moves to the mine so we can meet up with it the following turn and split if we want to. We can pop something else at Ground zero to protect it.

Sound like a plan ? /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC So my suggestion is we wait till ETheBoyce's Manager gets here and I give him a lift to the just before the citysite and we form a group thusly :

(ETheBoycee) (Were) (Marbit) (Swodaems)
    (Oberon)(watermon) (Colonel) (kriss1989)

And we go in and take the Barbs and Hare Stylists, the pattyflippers still being able to target the front row but being protected from them by the grillphons and thus capturing the citysite. Meanwhile our archon/manager combo moves to the mine so we can meet up with it the following turn and split if we want to. We can pop something else at Ground zero to protect it.

Sound like a plan ? /OOC

You're forgeting about NPC Sprite. She's currently in the stack at the mine.

And we only have 523 schmuckers. If we pop anything at Ground Zero this turn, we'll need to wait another turn before upgrading the barbarian city. (I believe this costs 500.)
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Swodaems wrote:You're forgeting about NPC Sprite. She's currently in the stack at the mine.

And we only have 523 schmuckers. If we pop anything at Ground Zero this turn, we'll need to wait another turn before upgrading the barbarian city. (I believe this costs 500.)

Ah yes, the Sprite. It's movement would make it the ideal unit to track Bonnie, no ? However that might get her suspicious, if she spots it. We'll use it later to lure her back westward but for now we need a unit at the mine. We should get 200 next turn (mine +city). We've no healing so we'll only lose upkeep of 11 so as long as we dont pop more than 190 of units we should be above 500 next turn
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:43 pm

I approve
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Right-o then, so Combat time!

(ETheBoyce) (Were) (Marbit) (Swodaems)
(0beron)(Watermon) (Colonel) (kriss1989)

vs.

Barberian, Barberian, Barberian, Barberian,
Hare stylist, <blank>, <blank>, Hare stylist

The abandoned city site gives the guards a +10% bonus to Armor.

Leadership gives your units +5 to Combat, +10% to Armor, and +1 to damage.

Combat:

First combat round. Werebiscuit's Grillphon throws a skewer at, I'll presume, a Hare stylist (say, the one on the left; I'll target the Hare stylists to protect your Archon). It misses, alas.

MarbitChow's Grillphon attacks the left Hare stylist. The hit inflicts 5.4 damage, which is fortunately enough to croak the Hare stylist.

Right Hare stylist attacks Harkin, does 1.8 damage. Hare stylist attacks Harkin again, does another 1.8 damage.

ETheBoyce attacks the middle-left Barberian. Does 6.3 damage.

WaterMonkey314 attacks middle-left Barberian. Does 3.6 damage.

TheColonel attacks middle-left Barberian. Miss.

Swodaems attacks middle-right Barberian. Miss again, random.org's got it in for you today.

Left Barberian attacks Werebiscuit. Does 2.4 damage. Attacks Werebiscuit again, and does 2.4 damage.

Middle-right Barberian attacks Werebiscuit. Does 2.4 damage, and the second attack also does 2.4.

Right Barberian attacks MarbitChow. Both attacks hit and deal a combined 4.8 damage.

Middle left Barberian attacks Werebiscuit. Only the first attack hits, and does 2.4 damage.

Harkin targets the enemy stack. Inflicts 2.7 damage to all enemy units.

Bridget's turn, but before that a recap on unit hits. Apart from the mentioned units, everyone's at full health:

Harkin 0.4/4, Werebiscuit 4/16, MarbitChow 11.2/16.
Left Hare stylist is croaked, right hare stylist is at 2.3/5. Middle-left Barberian is 0.4/13, all other Barberians are at 10.3/13.

Since there's a good chance that your Grillphons (since they strike first) will eliminate the Hare stylist, Bridget decides to heal Werebiscuit (so now, 6/16H).

Next combat round.

MarbitChow shoots and croaks the last Hare stylist (phew, Harkin would say).

Werebiscuit shoots the middle-left Barberian, it's a hit and middle left is croaked.

ETheBoyce attacks left Barberian. It's a hit and does 6.3 damage.
Swodaems attacks middle-right Barberian. Inflicts 6.3 damage.
WaterMonkey314 attacks left Barberian. It's a hit and does 3.6 damage.
TheColonel attacks middle-right Barberian and inflicts 3.6 damage.

Middle right Barberian attacks Werebiscuit and deals 2.4 and 2.4 damage.
Left Barberian attacks Werebiscuit and deals 2.4 damage. Oh well, it had to happen eventually, Werebiscuit's Grillphon is croaked. Watermonkey314's Patty flipper is in the front line, and finds himself the target of the Barberian's second attack, which does 2.7 damage.
Right Barberian attacks MarbitChow and does a total of 4.8 damage.

Harkin attacks and does 2.7 damage to the middle right and right Barberian. Middle right Barberian is croaked.

Bridget heals MarbitChow.

Stats are: left Barberian 0.4.13, right Barberian 7.6/13H.
WaterMonkey314 7.3/10. MarbitChow 8.4/16.

MarbitChow croaks left Barberian.

Swodaems and Watermonkey314 croak the final Barberian. Bridget heals MarbitChow.

Stats after combat- everyone's healthy except Harkin 1/4H, MarbitChow 11/16, WaterMonkey314 8/10. Werebiscuit's Grillphon is croaked.

Everyone surviving receives 14XP, except for ETheBoyce and WaterMonkey314 who got the short end of the stick and get only 13.

You have 4 Barberian caracasses, two bodies of Hare stylists, and the remains of Werebiscuit's Grillphon. You could pop a new unit or use one of the currently existing ones to consume any corpse, and Werebiscuit may choose to reincarnate.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Woot! We came out almost in the clear! And we have a city site to boot!
I recommend we build a level 1, do any corpse consuming desired, and pop the remainder of the corpses into NPC units.

BLAND could you repost the cost of a level 1 city please? I don't remember where they are.
Also...I think the Starchild rules might need to be revisited...those XP costs for the spells are obscenely high given how little XP the Starchild could get from corpses...
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:10 am

Thanks for your concern, 0beron, it was touching. :P

I still think we need archer support so I'll re-pop as a THAC0 Bell on the archer/might/skill path.. BTW Bland, do I get dibs on Bob's corpse ? and how much experience will it net me, if I do ?
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 am

Werebiscuit wrote:Thanks for your concern, 0beron, it was touching. :P

Hey, I did say ALMOST in the clear! I noticed! :P
Werebiscuit wrote:Bland, do I get dibs on Bob's corpse ? and how much experience will it net me, if I do ?

I'm not looking at how much XP you had, but since you perfectly match your former body you would get 90% of your former XP. So you just gotta compare what that's worth to the other units we croaked and see if any of them is worth more...but I would assume not. And I say you obviously have dibs on ANY corpse you want!
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:29 am

0beron wrote:Hey, I did say ALMOST in the clear! I noticed! :P

Yeah I noticed the ALMOST too... however I also noted the WOOT ! :twisted:
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:36 am

loooool, well considering how scared we were of the city-site, "ONLY" losing 1 unit IS kinda a relief.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games