Book 2 – Page 83

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 83

Postby Andromus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:04 pm

I find Issac's reaction to hearing about Ohio interesting. No reason a Stupidworld place name should have piqued his curiosity like that, so I wonder if there's something behind it. Unless for some reason he wasn't aware that Parson wasn't from Erfworld?
Andromus

Postby MuthSera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:06 pm

MOTHER OF GOD. PANEL 5. ITS ZULF. TOP RIGHT. FROM BASTION. I JUST JIZZED IN MY PANTS.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby MuthSera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 pm

oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby Swodaems » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:14 pm

teratorn wrote:What is it that the archons with Parson know that Charlie so desperately wants to keep a secret?

The fact that Charlie keeps his secret identity hidden from the majority of his own units?
Swodaems

Postby Nnelg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Kreistor wrote:So, Isaac is able to identify that Charlie was behind the scroll's manufacture, and now Parson knows Charlie will destroy him if he can't have him. Not a big surprise, but the paradigm shifts a little with that revelation.

But, still, this feels like a delay to up tension. Let's get on with it, please? Still got a long way to go before this day is over.

You know, I don't think he actually saw evidence of Charlie in that scroll; I'll bet he's just inferring that Charlie's the one behind it.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby LTDave » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Andromus wrote:I find Issac's reaction to hearing about Ohio interesting. No reason a Stupidworld place name should have piqued his curiosity like that, so I wonder if there's something behind it. Unless for some reason he wasn't aware that Parson wasn't from Erfworld?

Here's my guess - Charlie is also from our world. The Thinkamancers have heard that Charlie is from "Ohio" or equivalent, and are now putting two and two together.
LTDave

Postby tgo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but am I the only one that sees more than a small about of Francis Macomber in King Slately now?
tgo
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby HalfTangible » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Frosted wrote:
HalfTangible wrote:...Most of what this page tells us, we knew already (poor phoebe :( i liked her) but what's most interesting to me is confirmation that this spell apparently not only COMES from Charlie (which could only be guessed before now) but was specifically designed BY him. IE, Charlie can craft Carnymancy spells - or at the very least, understands them well enough to design one and then have someone else craft it.

I looked back and nothing actually establishes Mancy of the scroll (unless I missed something), only that a Carnymancer wants to cast it.

This panel implies that either the dead King is the double or that Dittomancy doubles your magic items as well.

Ohio sucks Parson! Stay where you are.

Er, it WAS identified as Carnymancy... by our dirtamancer. Remember Simon?
HalfTangible

Postby randomthought » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Maybe Ohio is a distant side in erfworld, and that is why Isaac recognized it?Making it a red herring.
randomthought

Postby Lamech » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Lamech's plan for TGMTTA to destroy Charlie:
"Oh, oh dear. Parson It appears a suggestion spell has been placed on you. Something far more subtle than anything I could pull, I only noticed it when thinkagraming you... it happened X turns ago. That's when you contacted Charlie? That would explain the impossible nature of the difficult to detect suggestion. It appears Charlie can place suggestions through thinkagrams! And oh my, it appears the suggestion was to bring war the the MK. My friends Charlie has attacked us! Let us respond by throwing doom traps through his portal. And spread the world through Erfworld, it is not safe to communicate using Charlie!"

Bam! Charlie instantly loses his telecomm business. And probably his city when Sizemore throws his rend city magic through the portal. And his archons when he has no treasury to support them. And his dish when GK's dwagon fleet strolls up.

Also note about the comic: they appear to be down to 7 unipegaturs. How many are dupes still isn't known though. Now the one big question is: did the drop in unipegaturs come from the dittomancer dropping the duplication (implying that they take a constant supply of juice to run) or did they come from losing units to combat. The first option is really bad since that means the dittomancer will eventually run out of juice to maintain him, and unless they are quick about it....
Lamech

Postby Zeku » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:37 pm

He is surprised by the word home, not the word Ohio.

"Yeah, home. He gave me this."

It's just a setup for Isaac seeing the scroll, there's nothing important about Ohio, as far as we know.

By the way, if Parson goes through the portal now, he will probably be captured along with Wanda. TBH, I'm totally ok with something unexpected happening, and it would be funny and appropriate that he never goes through, especially with this year-long buildup.
Zeku

Postby LTDave » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 am

If he goes through now, Gobwin Knob still has bucket loads of troops on the ground - the decrypted Dwagons et al. And if Wanda goes back through, they can reanimate any Jetstones they croak. They don't control the walls or the airspace, but they do have the dungeons. This turn isn't ending anytime soon.
LTDave

Postby junovalkyrie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:27 am

Aster Azul wrote:Go through the portal, Parson!!

(I ship Parson/Portal. Someone please write Parson/Portal slash fanfiction. End Parson/Portal UST!!)

Whispri wrote:You know when Book 2 restarted I was rather worried that Parson would never breach the Portal. Those worries have resurfaced.

I've been given a sneak peek of the final page of Book 2. As usual, Rob has managed to subvert our expectations with a third, unforeseen option (CAUTION - MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD):

Spoiler: show
junovalkyrie

Postby 0100010 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am

So what's scarlet been doing this whole time? She should turn those seige toward the walls and make all those archer come tumbling off.

Where there any bubble gum dwagons still alive on the ground? Can a side "capture" it's own units? A exploit to get the surviving Archons onto the ground could be to have them fly into the gum and make it count as a capture of an air unit by a ground unit, if that's possible.

Postby Sieggy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:02 am

Ummm . . . a question - Assuming Pierce goes below and heals Trem so he doesn't croak at the end of the turn and they manage to bag enough Archons to raise the Schmuckers needed to promote Trem to Heir, can the DoppelSlately actually do this? Make him Heir? Because if I read this aright, at the end of the turn (which I assume is the duration limit of the spell, DoppelSlately will vanish. If Trem's not Heir by then, it's game over.

And I wonder about the mechanics of how Charlie could get the money to Spacerock to do this on this turn . . . perhaps an Interside banking system? (BoE - Bank of Erf?)
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby Morni » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:14 am

Sieggy wrote:And I wonder about the mechanics of how Charlie could get the money to Spacerock to do this on this turn . . . perhaps an Interside banking system? (BoE - Bank of Erf?)

Charlie could send a Gem by hat communication like Don wanted to do, or Wanda father did for Wanda. I'm pretty sure transferring money won't be the issue
Morni

Postby 0beron » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 am

0100010 wrote:So what's scarlet been doing this whole time? She should turn those seige toward the walls and make all those archer come tumbling off.

We are currently seeing slightly "back in time" because the business in Portal Park isn't caught up with the action in Spacerock.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:16 am

Morni wrote:Charlie could send a Gem by hat communication like Don wanted to do, or Wanda father did for Wanda. I'm pretty sure transferring money won't be the issue

This means he would need to have or hire a Moneymancer, or obtain a scroll. Gems > Schmuckers is Natural Moneymancy, but it takes real magic to do the reverse.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:41 am

0beron wrote:
0100010 wrote:So what's scarlet been doing this whole time? She should turn those seige toward the walls and make all those archer come tumbling off.

We are currently seeing slightly "back in time" because the business in Portal Park isn't caught up with the action in Spacerock.

That's bad practice for interleaved scenes. I think these are simultaneous. It's possible Scarlet IS doing that.
drachefly

Postby 0beron » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:46 am

Well now that I think about it, what we're seeing in PP right now is probably what was occurring as Slately started flying and taking down Archons, and Ossomer was lost. So not too far of a jump backwards, and it would beg the question of what Scarlet is doing now since she's already taken down the Tower.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions