Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 037

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 037

Postby balder » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:26 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 037

Postby Whispri » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:34 am

I still think the situation's too good to be true. Especially if Jillian intends to keep flying around the edge of their turf, she's got to fly away after this surely?

She uh, named her sword for that?

The mannequin with the eyes, just as it appears, or some sort of unfinished Unit?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Knight13 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:41 am

Does this remind anyone else of when Wanda found Olive's clothes in a captured city?
Knight13

Postby Whispri » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:46 am

Yeah I did think of that. And that implies someone knew they were coming and could afford to sacrifice an entire City.
Whispri

Postby Drahken » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:02 am

Well that thing sure is creepy. Also, Jillian seems, by her own admission, to be feeling uncharacteristically... um... amorous. And Bart is being very amorous back. And we know that Haffaton employs unconventional Hippymancy tactics. And this does seem too good to be true. Could this be a Hippymancy trap? Perhaps during their fight in the garden, the Faq forces were stung by vicious Spanish Flies. The victims become extremely randy, and in the ensuing orgy, they're too distracted to notice a counterattack force approaching. :mrgreen: I have an interesting imagination.
Drahken

Postby yuffiek » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:11 am

The mannequin is creepy because it looks like Wanda was cribbing from Van Rijn's notes...

And yes, that city is very much a hippiemancy trap. It's designed to make forces linger until end of turn, which gives Haffaton enough time to command circuit Olive to the city to keep them there until proper forces arrive.
Last edited by yuffiek on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuffiek

Postby Urf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:11 am

Bart has sclera.
Urf

Postby ftl » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:17 am

Good catch on the hippiemancy trap. That is a possibility.

Jillian knows it's too good to be true, but can't put her finger on why.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Selexor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:20 am

Drahken wrote:Well that thing sure is creepy. Also, Jillian seems, by her own admission, to be feeling uncharacteristically... um... amorous. And Bart is being very amorous back. And we know that Haffaton employs unconventional Hippymancy tactics. And this does seem too good to be true. Could this be a Hippymancy trap? Perhaps during their fight in the garden, the Faq forces were stung by vicious Spanish Flies. The victims become extremely randy, and in the ensuing orgy, they're too distracted to notice a counterattack force approaching. :mrgreen: I have an interesting imagination.

Heh, I signed in to promote exactly this theory. I agree - a castle filled with non-living units like plants and dolls, ripe for the picking, and ready to be stormed just as soon as the enemy lowers their guard. And if the enemy is guaranteed to lower their guard because, say, killing the plants released some odd pheremones that sends everyone's libido into overdrive... no, this is exactly the sort of tactic you could expect Wanda and Olive to come up with together.

ftl wrote:Good catch on the hippiemancy trap. That is a possibility.

Jillian knows it's too good to be true, but can't put her finger on why.
I do believe she's about to put her finger on it.
But of course that's just my opinion.
Selexor

Postby the_tick_rules » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:24 am

Jillian sleeps around a bit don't she?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby gameboy1234 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:28 am

Naw, we still know who conquers Faq, and it's not Haffaton. Wanda was a caster at Faq for some time before Stanley showed up. So nothing bad is going to happen to Jillian. Probably Jillian has to bring Wanda to Faq, even, then head out again, though I suspect Wanda and Jillian are going to pulverize Haffaton first.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Salem » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 am

It does seem like a trap, though truth be told it could be a red herring we were given the information on how amorous she had been towards the new guy and it dated back to the cave. What with the tents and the three bladed sword thing. Though it did say she couldn't help but kiss him. Which seems to imply something.

Maybe all of hafaton is a little trapy. With their plants all over. Though that would be a bit powerful.

Also, it is hard to not notice that this was being made for Wanda. If it had been made for someone else we could assume it belonged to whomever faq conquered and it was an example of how little they care for conquered cities. But the fact that haffaton didn't finish it seems to imply something.

Also it might be possible that both Wanda and the boopin' florest are both working against haffaton and toward fate. To try and minimize pain though I don't think Wanda is there yet the hippiemancer might be.
"Too cute to (stay) croak(ed)!"
Salem
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Azukar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:35 am

Three-Edged Sword, oh dear.

Also, the libido-trick didn't occur to me on first read-through, but it does kinda make sense. It's definitely within the rules of Erfworld, and most certainly something Olive would think to do.
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby Selexor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:38 am

Well just because it's a trap doesn't mean it's a trap that's going to work, now does it?

Enemy storms in, kills the plants, gets high on love drugs and lets their guard down. Meanwhile, the Haffaton forces composed of Wanda's uncroaked Fellows - which given that she has a half-finished outfit right there, is a pretty sure sign she was at the castle one turn ago or less - storm in and take them by surprise, reclaiming the castle and taking prisoners to be turned or interrogated. That strikes me as what the trap probably involves. But they probably wouldn't have expected to catch a full force led by Faq's Chief Warlord with a heavy complement of fliers, so the trap could very easily fail - at which point Jillian, still high on pheremones, has a high-level caster in her grasp who can be easily captured, shares her disdain for traditional loyalty, and who has extraordinarily low Loyalty to her side.

Bam. Wanda turns, Haffaton's unit becomes the future downfall of Faq. Prediction fufilled, Haffaton's forces are greatly weakened, fate unfolds.
But of course that's just my opinion.
Selexor

Postby teratorn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:31 am

Well Jillian has this habit of being captured... it had to start somewhere.
teratorn

Postby Lamech » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:38 am

Hmm... Wanda's half finished dress? Presumably she is the one working on it? If there was a dollamancer there would have been dolls. So I guess wanda is continuing her study of other magicks? I wonder why she changes?
Lamech

Postby Sixty » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:42 am

Part of me wonders if the stabbing the giant in the eye is a reference to Ender's Game, though that might be a bit of a stretch.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:53 am

All this talk of Hippiemancy and traps... poisoned food? Or drugged food? Either would be nasty, 'specially if the speculation with regards to the 'love trap' is accurate. The Warlord she's sent to hit the kitchens, Chip, may for the chop.

the_tick_rules wrote:Jillian sleeps around a bit don't she?

Oh yeah, big time.

gameboy1234 wrote:Naw, we still know who conquers Faq, and it's not Haffaton. Wanda was a caster at Faq for some time before Stanley showed up. So nothing bad is going to happen to Jillian. Probably Jillian has to bring Wanda to Faq, even, then head out again, though I suspect Wanda and Jillian are going to pulverize Haffaton first.

Nothing fatal is going to happen to her. Nothing bad? Well there are only five people who've appeared in Book 0 are known to survive to the present day. She could lose the entire WRECD here, or lose all or most of her speaking Units, or be captured and interrogated or lose a limb and see it eaten in front of her by a monster or a cannibal. She could be crucified as long as she's rescued. There are any number of terrible things that could happen that don't involve death.

As an aside, given that Jillian is only going to Level twice between here and TBfGK, Wanda's stay at Faq is likely to be a fairly brief interlude.

Lamech wrote:Hmm... Wanda's half finished dress? Presumably she is the one working on it? If there was a dollamancer there would have been dolls. So I guess wanda is continuing her study of other magicks? I wonder why she changes?

She also starts claiming to have no idea when it comes to leading armies despite all the time she's spent as a field commander. Mebbe it has something to do with a fear of her Fate Boosts and Luckmancy style backlashes? The dress might be Olive's work mind.
Whispri

Postby hajo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:58 am

Whispri wrote:The mannequin with the eyes, just as it appears, or some sort of unfinished Unit?

I wonder if it can function as a spy+scout-unit, much like the bats from Transylvito ?

That would enable Huffaton to see who captured their city, and perhaps gain other intel...
Last edited by hajo on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
hajo

Postby Infidel » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:40 am

hajo wrote:
Whispri wrote:The mannequin with the eyes, just as it appears, or some sort of unfinished Unit?

I wonder it can function as a spy+scout-unit, much like the bats from Transylvito ?

That would enable Huffaton to see who captured their city, and perhaps gain other intel...

I like how you think.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Next

Return to Reactions