Book 2 – Page 84

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 84

Postby balder » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 84

Postby Jallorn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:10 am

Wow, I never catch the new page/thread this early.

So.... um... I notice the dittomancer looks rather unhappy still.

Also, yay, Trem is back! Oh, and thinkamancy question answered, yes? Thinkspace, whatever that is.
Last edited by Jallorn on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jallorn

Postby Vambann » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 am

So, through some method Thinkagrams can be entered by a third party. Interesting. Also Tramennis is still as snarky as ever.
Vambann

Postby Diacritic » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:20 am

ARGLBARGLARG NO CONTENT
Diacritic
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby kefkakrazy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:27 am

That as good as confirms that Thinkagrams are unsecure contact to some degree, which seems to lend credence to the "Arkendish=allows thinkagram interception" idea. A direct contact like this, though, seems to be untappable, or at least the guy seems to think it is....
kefkakrazy

Postby Selexor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:33 am

I think this supports a theory I saw floating around that Isaac would end up going with Parson through the portal. He's tipping his hand here - he needs Parson far, far more than Parson needs him. He knows Parson is willing to risk alienating the entire Magic Kingdom to help his side. If he delays Parson any longer, he loses him as a potential ally. If he attempts to force Parson to stay, he turns him into an enemy.

Isaac's only option is to go with Parson and join the battle against Jetstone in order to arm Parson for the upcoming battle against Charlie. I could even see Isaac becoming a longterm ally from this, perhaps the next Attuned Weilder of the Arkendish? Bit of a stretch at this early point, but it's suddenly a possibility...
Last edited by Selexor on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
But of course that's just my opinion.
Selexor

Postby Whispri » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:40 am

Isaac going through the portal sounds like a fine idea. If Parson ever enters the thing. *Doubt* *Doubt*

I'm crying foul if the Archons are all dead already. I mean considering the amount of talking Ansom mangaged to get done with Uncroaked fliers politely waiting to attack...
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby The Bushranger » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 am

I love the medical incantation. :D
Nations do not survive by setting examples for others.
Nations survive by making examples of others.
The Bushranger

Postby Ytaker » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:47 am

He is right that it is a bad idea to make an enemy of the magic kingdom, and Parson is making numerous extremely bad choices for little reason.

He really does not feel like the perfect general right now. Maybe the thinkamancers should just cut their losses and let him go.
Ytaker
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Selexor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:54 am

Ytaker wrote:He is right that it is a bad idea to make an enemy of the magic kingdom, and Parson is making numerous extremely bad choices for little reason.

He really does not feel like the perfect general right now. Maybe the thinkamancers should just cut their losses and let him go.

His priority now is to take Spacerock and cripple Gobwin Knob's greatest enemy by destroying the RCC2. The best way for him to achieve that is to join the battle against Jetstone. And really, if at this point he just decides to say "screw it" and walk back to his own portal, do you think all the MK factions present would let him now? Jojo has been hired by Charlie to eliminate Parson and he's riling up the entire Kingdom, and there's also tGMtTA want Parson to stay. Two powerful factions saying "Don't let him go". Plus we've got the Predictamancers and the Hippiemancers who seem to have a vested interest in Parson winning the battle, who need him to go through to Spacerock.

He's in a bad situation, and he's choosing the path where he stops his own troops from dying and deals with his personal drama afterwards. Sounds like exactly what a good leader should be doing to me.
But of course that's just my opinion.
Selexor

Postby kagato23 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:01 am

at this point it seems pretty damn obvious, so there's no sense speculating on the why but...

Goddamn, Lloyd is so so sad now. Nothing, nothing will shake him out of this funk anytime soon.
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby the_tick_rules » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:45 am

Oh and your brother is dead, again.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby Drongo2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:54 am

If the city of Spacerock falls after Parson has entered then Parson can return to the Magic Kingdom by getting Stanley to make it Gobwin Knob's new capital. This would also protect Stanley from any possible assassination attempt from the Magic Kingdom. That would then allow a takeover of the Magic Kingdom and/or Charlie's capital by Parson and a group of casters.
Last edited by Drongo2 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drongo2

Postby sheepfly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 am

If GK loses the battle at Spacerock due to Parson's absence, but then Slately decides against making Tramennis the heir this turn because it no longer appears necessary (and having enough for upkeep is way more important)... and then Jetstone FALLS when the apparent Slately double de-pops?

I will LMFAO.
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby Swodaems » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:17 am

About damned time someone told Parson that he was being over zealous. Too bad it wasn't expressed as the phrase "You're being a fucking moron." At this point, Parson deserves it.
Last edited by Swodaems on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swodaems

Postby vintermann » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:26 am

Good to see Tramennis didn't quitely croak, and great to see him back in snarky action!

Yeah, I think it's implied that the archons are all dead now, or at least enough to promote Tramennis to heir. I didn't think Slately was a clone/temporary, but the dittomancer's discouragement is particularly extreme in this update, it's got to mean something.

Parson was acting irrationally when he decided to alienate the MK/start a civil war there just for the sake of having a physical presence on the battlefield.

In any case that won't make a difference in Spacerock. GK has failed to take it already. Plot-wise, I just can't picture Parson going through the portal and coming up with some brilliant plan to turn it around. That would be a cheap way out for all the mess the author is building up now (not to mention it would leave GK basically without plausible opposition). I think Parson is going to end up captured by some side or other before long.
vintermann
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Dante » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:31 am

sheepfly wrote:If GK loses the battle at Spacerock due to Parson's absence, but then Slately decides against making Tramennis the heir this turn because it no longer appears necessary (and having enough for upkeep is way more important)... and then Jetstone FALLS when the apparent Slately double de-pops?

I will LMFAO.

As funny as that would be, I doubt Lloyd will let that happen. He may be keeping quiet now to save face, but as the turn draws to a close duty will compel him to reveal that all is not right with King Slately.
Dante
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby ScegfOd » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 am

The Bushranger wrote:I love the medical incantation. :D

i know Becker and House are from the shows of the same name...Quinn was from Johnny quest right?
anyone know the others? :3
ScegfOd
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Dante » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:43 am

Actually no, Quinn is another character with her own show.

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
Marcus Welby, M.D.
Doogie Howser, M.D.
Becker
House

All TV dramas.

Dr. Kildare is originally from the British film Internes Can't Take Money, but went on to have numerous spinoffs as the titular character.
Dante
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Zeku » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:50 am

One thing that I haven't figured out, is there anything left at Spacerock? Are the archons the last of the GK army, or is there still fighting going on somewhere? Wouldn't Wanda be aware of the captured or destroyed archons?

The problem with Parson is that we've been assuming that he really is the 'perfect warlord,' even though we saw him throw away his sword of ruthlessness, and make a reckless and (in retrospect) terrible decision to join the battle at Spacerock. Perhaps now that he is listening to his conscience, he is far more flawed that we realize, at least at doing his job.

As before, there's a couple of things I can't say, because if I'm correct it's story-wide spoilers. But I'm noticing that the business model of the MK and the business model of Charlie are quite similar... remember that Janis wants to "break war" (which could easily turn out worse than hoped for: worldwide erfascism) but the thinkamancers are harder to suss out. On the surface, they seem to be the enemy of Charlie, who is, at minimum, mercenary. As the communication service of the world, the thinkamancers may really be interesting in remaining the 'princes of the air.' I mean, what it really boils down to, is that anybody (or everybody) could be lying through their teeth at this point.
Zeku

Next

Return to Reactions