About the hardcopy version of the Book...

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

About the hardcopy version of the Book...

Postby KiltedNinja » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:00 am

Hi,

Random question for Rob (and for everyone else ;))

Firstly, sorry for posting this question if it's already been discussed (I have terrible forum browsing skills...)

We sometimes see "snippets" of activity going on, without seeing what happens in between - (Recent example ; Parson talking to Charlie using the Eyebooks, and next thing we know Parson is taking a picnic) My question is :

Will the 'missing' content from these type of events be in the hardcopy version of the book when it is released? Thanks in advance for answers... ;)
KiltedNinja
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Re: About the hardcopy version of the Book...

Postby balder » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 am

Actually, the book will not contain anything past Don King and Jillian's conversation. And Book 2 may never contain the rest of the Summer Updates. The next few of those will read like a little story, but expect them to skip around a lot. There will be a lot of narrative space that's never covered and will have to be inferred, just like stuff that happened before Book 1. (You never see Jillian and Ansom taking turns rescuing one another as the campaign against Gobwin Knob progressed, and you can bet that was probably pretty interesting.)

With these Summer Updates, I am trying to give you a little more of "how did they move the rebel base from Yavin to Hoth," without giving you all of it. It would be valid to just pick up Book 2 without any of that, but I think it's better this way. It gives me as writer and you as reader some time to linger in Erfworld and look around. But no, I have no intention of covering all of that ground in the same kind of detail as the Jillian Meets Don King epilogue, sorry.
balder

Re: About the hardcopy version of the Book...

Postby KiltedNinja » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:29 am

balder wrote:But no, I have no intention of covering all of that ground in the same kind of detail as the Jillian Meets Don King epilogue, sorry.

Thanks for your reply :) No need at all to apologise - as a fan it would be kinda nice to get more info, more detail - y'know, really get my teeth into it - however, personally, I'm happy that the story exists at all :D (In my head I visualise that it's a simple case of "fade to black / 3 weeks later / fade to scene" that you'd see on a Tv show or something, works for me in the context of the medium you've chosen, so, yeah.)

Carry on my good man ;)
KiltedNinja
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld