Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 039

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 039

Postby balder » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:15 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 039

Postby enkidu » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:28 am

Nice, the long-awaited meeting between the two finally happened. EDIT: Oh, and wait till we have to do things "the Hard way"...

Oh, and interesting that Wanda's signamancy is very different here...
Last edited by enkidu on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
enkidu

Postby querzis » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:33 am

What really get me is not the fact that Wanda is starving but that some of her hairs are grey. It really seems to me that people who look older in Erfworld arent really old but just feel old and it is reflected in their signamancy. Or perhaps its to reflect Wanda suffering?
querzis

Postby ftl » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:39 am

Wow. Holy boop wanda is creepy. A garden.

You mess with Haffaton, and you get burned.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Arky » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 am

Whoa. Very powerful update.

Haffaton-era Wanda was bonkers.

I wonder how long there will ultimately be between Marie's prediction and the fall of FAQ. Presumably there has already been some time passed, and there will be a lot more before Wanda defects to FAQ with Jillian and Haffaton falls (if it's in that order; it could be the reverse, for all we know) and yet more time with Wanda as a FAQ caster before Gobwin Knob steps into the void left by Haffaton and Stanley the Plaid comes calling.
Arky

Postby Whispri » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:58 am

Is it just me or was she dreaming of being Gobwin Knob?

It's good to see Wanda again, even in such a terrible state.

I hope Wanda's garden survives 'til the present day.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby fjolnir » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:58 am

The interesting part is that they roleplay this encounter every time jillian is captured...
fjolnir

Postby sheepfly » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:23 am

It is tempting to wonder if the garden in this update is in fact a dream as Jillian hopes it is. Which would mean that the person talking to her might not be entirely Wanda. Perhaps it could be Wanda & Olive interacting with the poisoned/sleeping Jillian, through a trimancer link or otherwise.

Some reasons to think that it isn't really real, from this update alone:
1. This "Wanda" says that she croaked her brother. Wanda did not croak her brother; Olive did.
2. The image of uncroaked Bart "resolved itself in Jillian's mind." This wording makes the situation sound unreal.
3. "Wanda" does not refer to herself by name, and reacts badly when Jillian says it. This could be part of the torture routine, but it raises suspicion.
4. "Wanda's" signamancy. It is a plausible change, given how old Wanda is relative to Jillian, but the transformation BACK to youthful-looking Wanda and the development of a sensual/sexual relationship with Jillian at ANY point is highly IMPLAUSIBLE if any of what's happening is real.

Logical leaps from those points:
1. This "Wanda" is a combined representation of both Wanda and Olive. Olive croaked Tommy, Wanda uncroaked Tommy.
2. The image of uncroaked Bart is being drawn forth from Jillian's mind, not put there by her surroundings. She's at the mercy of her own imagination.
3. Wanda & Olive, if in a trimancer link, would not want to be called by name because of the damage that could be caused. Even with some other means of interaction with Jillian, Dame Branch would likely NOT want to be called "Lady Firebaugh".
4. The signamancy makes way more sense if it is a composite of Wanda & Olive, or Wanda, Olive, and a Thinkamancer. For instance, if Olive's signamancy aged to reflect her very creepy and sinister interpretation of Hippiemancy, now that her side has ballooned to being an insatiably expansive superpower. Or alteratively, the thinkamancer in a link might have very old-looking signamancy that would bring up the average signamancy age of the link.

It'll be very interesting indeed to see how Jillian turns the tables on Haffaton in the end.
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby mortissimus » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:21 am

Whispri wrote:Is it just me or was she dreaming of being Gobwin Knob?

I would say it is Erfworld. The battle for Gobwin Knob is just the first Motion since the creation.
mortissimus

Postby udat » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:24 am

It might be a dream, although I think not. Even if it is a dream, I think the tri-mancy link is a stretch. I thought those were supposed to be very rare?

I think Wanda's reaction to her name is more simply explained as a reaction to Jillian's refusal to play her part in the mistress/sub scenario than because she's linked with 2 other casters.

Wanda's feelings for Jillian will somewhat redeem Wanda, drag her away from the creepy miserable place she inhabits now, but we know it will also mess her up in new and exciting ways.
udat
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:03 am

A few things that struck me about this update:

The first thing is the flowers, more examples of Wanda's magic?

The second thing is the same with the Cenotpahs, that must surely have involved Dirtamancy if she isn't building them by hand (which would actually be more impressive).

The third thing is that the details about the dolly from the last update strongly suggest Dollamancy and possibly Lookamancy.

Then the fourth thing... Wanda said of her garden that: "There is nothing like it in the world.” Not "anywhere else in the World". Could this mean they aren't on Erf anymore? Portal related magic does exist after all.

The fifth and last thing though is that Wanda's come to understand the preciousness of life... and yet she had to go on killing. How could she stop?

sheepfly wrote:It'll be very interesting indeed to see how Jillian turns the tables on Haffaton in the end.

If. Haffaton has to go at some point, but at Jillian's hands?
Whispri

Postby Azukar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:06 am

Wow, so we go from this scene in the garden, to... Wanda and Jillian together in FAQ. There are going to have to be some serious stepping stones between here and there!

I Predict Wanda will be the one who brings down Haffaton.
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby Vreejack » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:18 am

typo/error
This dream went on for far longer than her ability to remember.
So...Watashi wa mizugorō ga sukina koto o kiita, neh?
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
Vreejack

Postby drachefly » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:50 am

If this is real, then Wanda is... recovering. Now that's a scary thought.
drachefly

Postby onlyme » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:01 am

So some options:

- this is a dream only, still.
- Wanda learned signamancy (like heir first chief caster was able to make herself prettier, Wanda is making herself more scary)
- Wanda is really that consumed (perhaps she tried some hippimancy beauty contest and lost or simply she hates her side) and will improve again once in FAQ.
- It's only her eyes (like with the manaquin) that are not on Wanda's real body but on some uncroaked?

(for the other theories: "nothing like this" usually means "nothing else like this", so no hint. And as she is responsible in her eyes for his death, she could as well alone say she croaked her brother).
onlyme

Postby Berserkas » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 am

So Wanda invented a cemetary. Curious.
Berserkas

Postby cheeseaholic » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:23 am

Kings erected cities? I suppose if erfworld started without cities and just with city sites....
cheeseaholic

Postby Knight13 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 am

1. This "Wanda" says that she croaked her brother. Wanda did not croak her brother; Olive did.

Except that Tommy wasn't fated to die, Olive croaked him because Wanda refused to turn to Haffaton. Given how much guilt Wanda probably feels about Goodmitton, it would be understandable that she would blaim herself.

4. "Wanda's" signamancy. It is a plausible change, given how old Wanda is relative to Jillian, but the transformation BACK to youthful-looking Wanda and the development of a sensual/sexual relationship with Jillian at ANY point is highly IMPLAUSIBLE if any of what's happening is real.

Why? So far as we know, people's Signamancy changes to reflect who they are. When Jillian became a Queen, her Signamancy changed to become more Queenly. We've never been given any indication that anyone in Erfworld ages or can die from old age. I see no reason why someone's Signamancy couldn't change from old-looking back to young-looking if needed.
Knight13

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:31 am

Holy BOOP what is wrong with Wanda?! It's no wonder she presumably turns to FAQ...if that Signamancy is any indication, she is wasting away here. :/ I think she ate her own "poison pill" instead of being one for Haffaton.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby effataigus » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:46 am

sheepfly wrote:It is tempting to wonder if the garden in this update is in fact a dream as Jillian hopes it is. Which would mean that the person talking to her might not be entirely Wanda. Perhaps it could be Wanda & Olive interacting with the poisoned/sleeping Jillian, through a trimancer link or otherwise.

I like your theory, Sheepfly! There are indeed a few shards of evidence suggesting that Jillian is in thinkspace talking to a Wanda/Think/Olive... I'm not 100% convinced that this is the case, but then again it sounds like you aren't either.

There are hints of predictamancy in this as well... as has been noted... and it is suspicious that they are being revealed to Jillian.

*tinfoil hat time*
Did that update just imply that Erfworld is alive?? And that it was waiting for someone to give it motion? What did Sizemore and Wanda do?

*better get a 2nd tinfoil hat here*
If Erfworld is waking up, and the GK-zombcano is its eyes, then Erfworld has lava lake sclera! You heard it here first!
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Next

Return to Reactions