Resources Maybe?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Resources Maybe?

Postby LTDave » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 am

This thread is directed primarily towards Marbitchow, that marvellous fellow, but might be of interest to others.

Marbit,
I've found a nice wargame print and play with pretty pictures, similar to, but superior to, those found at Junior General.
It's: http://epicwargaming.com/

Also, Marbit, you marvellous fellow, do you have a single file with all of your figures etc from Darkness Rising? I'm wondering if you've considered making up such a sheet and sending it back to the fine people at Junior General.

Cheers
LTDave

Re: Resources Maybe?

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:58 am

Just on to give props to Marbit for his hard work in Darkness Rising and endorse LT Dave's call to give something back to allow other to do the same.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 am

Right now, all of my art assets are in Gimp 2.8 format. I probably won't make everything available to the general public while the campaign is still running, since much of it is still in progress and subject to change (and might contain some trivial spoilers), but I do intend to make all resources available at some point in the future. At the very least, when the campaign ends I'd like to release all of the resources. In the meantime, if anyone wants a particular set of the images to use in a different game, just let me know and I'll try to make them available.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:02 pm

This thing is tempting me to make a Tenebris faction.
The Colonel

Postby Nnelg » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:33 am

Looks like a decent game; although as a wargamer I can't help but notice it's "unique" features are anything but. Perhaps in the Light Wargame genre, where this game is more rediscovering what was forgotten than coming up with something new.

Still though, that's by no means a bad thing. I've sometimes mused about creating a detailed fantasy wargame such as this, but coming from the other side. Overall, it seems decent. The best thing going for it is, in my opinion, the ability to print off your own units, removing 90+% of the needed investment compared to miniatures. (Although, personally I'd still go for counters over either miniatures or standups.)

Well, at least that's what I think of the game on the other end of the link. (You know, you'd think I'd take the time to read a three-post thread more fully, before posting something that has almost nothing to do with the real topic... :oops: )
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Return to Your Games