Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:25 am

While that might happen, I have a slight feeling that won't happen. They could have easily sent in the whole force at once and overloaded us with targets while shooting and hitting with all of theirs. Instead, the attack is being done in waves as that's how they do it. It's their way of proper. Armolad's bonus will be best with the units she still has with her, so she will stand and wait with them until the ground forces have achieved their goal or are in need of backup. It will be a round or two, I think, before she enters with the remaining units unless we start obliterating them. As such I still think we need to take down what siege we can now for safety, then afterwards start spreading some damage if we can so that bonus will keep waiting on the proper moment.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:34 am

What about using casters? Our delayed actions aren't much use anymore - what if we all Fired on the spearmen?
WaterMonkey314

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:38 am

WaterMonkey314 wrote:What about using casters? Our delayed actions aren't much use anymore - what if we all Fired on the spearmen?

OOC Then you'd have to get to the front of the wall...within arrow range and this is possibly what their archery is waiting for. No, better you lose your previous round's delayed action than become a target this round. Keep ready for the fliers /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:40 am

Fire still has def to work against, right? If not then work on the gumps as well. Otherwise see if you can help take down the bodyguards so the dedicated archers can focus on the other gumps.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:45 am

Quick reminder to all units leading a stack or a horde : direct leadership over units takes precedence over chief warlord leadership. You are able choose targets and actions for all units you are leading.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am

MarbitChow wrote:Quick reminder to all units leading a stack or a horde : direct leadership over units takes precedence over chief warlord leadership. You are able choose targets and actions for all units you are leading.

This only really applies to Yuri and Bill....Exate and The Colonel take note !
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Was Armolad's response meant to be a 'no' to my offer?

Werebiscuit wrote:The spearmen can't both guard and interpose as this brings their def to zero so the most they can give is +3
No, you were right before. They can do +6. Guard decreases com, not def.

Thoughts so far:

I was hoping that their archery would enter the hex sooner. That's where I was wanting to place most of our 1st round arrows so we could dominate the ranged portion of this battle. If their archery isn't going to enter before ours fire, we're going to lose some valuable units to archer fire. (The faeries might make the same choice as the ground archers later.) A few ideas/choices for our archers:
To paraphrase Werebiscuit's earlier idea, go for the guards. (MarbitChow, if the guards are guarding, interposing, or bodyguarding, they are prohibited from dodging, right?) Use the archers to take the easy croaks while we can.
Smack down the 2 level 2 leaders that entered the hex. Make the melees' job easier later. They'll probably be dodging (+8 def), have full dance bonus(+4), and can be expected to either be gaining +6 def from their guard or to be bodyguarded by same. Without downing the guard first, taking them down is a matter of either doing 35 damage to a 25 def unit or doing 63 to a 19 def one. Downing the guard first means doing 28 to a 2, 4, or 6 def enemy and then doing 35 to a 19 def enemy.
Make them delay the archers' entrance more. For Com priority purposes, both sides have 2 types of archers: Com 10 and Com 7. We use up the actions Com 10 archers, but delay the Com 7 archers' actions until round 2. The enemy has to move in his com 10 archers before Com 10 on round 2 or risk losing the delayed round 1 actions. Our Com 7s will be waiting for that. If the enemy still hasn't moved any archers in by com 8 on round 2, our com 7 archers can fire on whatever and then get fresh actions on the next phase.

At phase 5, it is time for the 4 casters participating in the faerie fight (Bill, Junetta, Triage, Vinny) to get on the tower tops so they can be in position for the faeries' entrance (hopefully at phase 4). They should be able to take out 8 or 9 faeries before they can fire using delayed actions, even without archer help. If they stay out of RLOS of ground archers, they should have the bats to deal with the faeries. They'll also have their body guards following them to provide protection.)

The garrison warlord needs to get inside the building. He is just a target up on the roof.

Gumptons 1,2,&3 can reach striking range of the left tower next round. All of them but 1 can hit the right tower. This makes Gumptons 2&3 better targets. I think T. Coil should loose an ickypron at 2,3,&4. (If he were to stun them with a delayed action as they entered the hex, wouldn't they stop close to the hex barrier? Would they still lose their round 2 actions like that?) This limits the number of gumps that can attack the left tower next round to 1 and the right tower to 4.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Swodaems wrote:Was Armolad's response meant to be a 'no' to my offer?
Armolad's response was Armolad's response. Interpret it however you want to.
Swodaems wrote:MarbitChow, if the guards are guarding, interposing, or bodyguarding, they are prohibited from dodging, right?
Nope. Much like dance fighting and leadership, the attack modifiers and Bodyguard are applied by declaration at the beginning of the round, while Dodging is the results of an action. Units can attempt to actively intercept attacks directed at someone else while simultaneously attempting to avoid attacks directed at them.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Swodaems wrote:(If he were to stun them with a delayed action as they entered the hex, wouldn't they stop close to the hex barrier? Would they still lose their round 2 actions like that?
If they were stunned, they'd lose the remainder of their current move plus their current action. (You won't be able to time things in such a way that a unit ever loses more than 1 move and action, although they may lose less than that.) They'd gain their next action at the regular time during the next round. But yes, they'd stop close to the hex barrier, and most likely their guards would stop with them.
MarbitChow

Postby Exate » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Well, this looks damned familiar. I recall us using exactly the same strategy that they seem to be using here when assaulting this very city- send in the siege team to soak up arrows, and the moment the defenders fire on the siege teams, enter the hex and blast them with your own archery. If the defenders never fire, you win because they're not shooting you; if they do fire, you gain the advantage by slaughtering a pile of their ranged units at the opening of the battle. Apparently it's the standard.

It occurs to me that we don't have any heavies in position to take up the ballistae if the ones manning them right now are killed. That was probably a poor move on our part, at least in terms of keeping Rolf and Yuri alive. Oh well, though.

I am disinclined to leave the Gumptions injured but in play when the enemy healers could easily reach them, as an Ickypron would do. Let's wait for the Gumptions to actually be gathered around the tower/gate of their choice before loosing it, so that one, the enemy healers might not immediately undo the damage and two, if the units adjacent to the tower are stunned then no units can replace them and we'll be most effectively buying ourselves additional time. For now, focusing fire and trying to kill every unit that we injure is the way to go.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Swodaems wrote:Gumptons 1,2,&3 can reach striking range of the left tower next round. All of them but 1 can hit the right tower. This makes Gumptons 2&3 better targets. I think T. Coil should loose an ickypron at 2,3,&4. (If he were to stun them with a delayed action as they entered the hex, wouldn't they stop close to the hex barrier? Would they still lose their round 2 actions like that?) This limits the number of gumps that can attack the left tower next round to 1 and the right tower to 4.

Note if we move the uncroaked LU2 -> W15, LU3 -> AA13 & LU1 -> AE 13. Gumps 1, 2 &3 cannot reach Yuri's tower without encountering them and the warriors don't have enough movement to get to them. If 6 7 & 8 are stunned and 4 & 5 killed then no gumps can reach Yuri's tower without the elves either bringing in archers to target or using the unstunned guards to take out the uncroaked. Using the guards would leave 6 7 & 8 as ripe targets for our heavy ranged (Rolf, Yuri, Will & Cupid) next turn so I doubt they'll do that which means they have to bring in archery before the gumps move.
This limits the number of gumps that can attack the left tower to 3 and the right to Zero next turn.

We'll lose the other 3 uncroaked but it's not a heavy price to pay, if we can stop them from breaking through on both towers ( and thus reducing the city level.)

BTW their archers will enter the hex on turn com=0 along with the altrusitic elves. I so predict it !
Werebiscuit

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:50 pm

I plan on holding my action over till next round unless their archery comes in this round. If they don't come in my mount and I get to act at the start of the next round wherein I will Ickypron 3 Gumps, and then get a second action at our normal combat where I will Ickypron other things, retreating both times out of RLOS of course
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 am

ETheBoyce wrote:I plan on holding my action over till next round unless their archery comes in this round. If they don't come in my mount and I get to act at the start of the next round wherein I will Ickypron 3 Gumps, and then get a second action at our normal combat where I will Ickypron other things, retreating both times out of RLOS of course

It looks to me like we've got 3 different plans going, Swod wants gumps 2,3 &4 ickypron'd, I prefer gumps 6, 7 & 8 while ETheBoyce is delaying to wait for archers.

If archers come in (which I have no doubt they will on com=0) what do you then plan having Tesla do ?
Both Swod's and my current plan rely on DELAYING GUMPS FROM REACHING THE WALL IN FULL FORCE (it's a matter of tactics which group is delayed).. If you ickypron archers then your next action is after the gumps have moved and possibly hit the wall. Our current plan will have failed at that point.

There are still 3 stacks of our archers waiting for their archery to enter the field and our mages are awaiting their fliers. All with orders to fire on entry. I think we have enough to deal them a serious blow. If they want to return fire they will have to stop on entry and that means they are spread out and not in a good grouping for atlruistic elves.- who will then be separated from their siege and field units. no healing for them.

Do you still think ickyproning the archers is worth the benefit ?
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:33 am

Turn 9 - Assault on Dis City - Round 1 - Phase 4 (Part 1)

In order to stun the Gumptions as they entered, Coil would have to move forward 2 squares and blast. (Gumptions would be able to move forward 2 additional squares during this time.) They would be able to move next on Round 2, Phase 15. If he blasts them after they've moved, they lose that action instead, remaining where they are currently placed. The net effect is that, by stunning them as they enter, they'd actually end up 3 squares closer at the end of Round 2 than they are now. Since he's declared that he's holding his action, and any other shots at the Gumptions would have the same effect on phases 5 or 4, we'll move onto the next phase.

At the start of Phase 4, the Faeries enter the 1st square. They are currently dodging. Buffy uses her ready move to shift away from the Faerie that was attempting to use her for cover.

Exterior View

Interior View

Player Stats & Darkness Units
Spoiler: show
Rolf (Werebiscuit): 32 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion of Healing Ward
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): 22 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Strike/Attack, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Cupid (HerbieRai): 20 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Yuri (Exate): 35 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion of Healing Ward
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): 22 Hits; 32 Juice; (Ward-16); Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20) x2, Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew[/list]
Bill (The Colonel): 16 Hits; 15 (of 47(+8)) Juice; (Ward-16); Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew, Scroll: Lucky Streak, Scroll: Regenerate, Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Tod (Swodaems): 24 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Triage (WaterMonkey314): 22 Hits; 35 Juice; (Ward-16); Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Vinny Starcall (0beron) : 4 Hits; 8 Juice; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Fire
Brick Wall (Lord of Monies) : 22 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Attack/Strike
Wandereus: 36 Hits; (Ward-8); Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2
Junetta: 16 Hits; 50 (of 59) Juice; (Ward-8)
(Note: See reference page for full PC and NPC stats for above units.)

Rowan (WL01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2
Tyler (WL02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2
Lian (WL03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2

Erick (WH01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Colby (WH02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Donovan (WH03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Joe (WH04): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Zackary (WH05): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)

Ruben (WB01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8)
Edgar (WB02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8)
Salvador (WB03): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8)

Casey (WA01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Phillip (WA02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)

Sergio (W01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Marvin (W02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Chris (W03): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)

Tony (SA01): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Jeffrey (SA02): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Devon (SA03): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Jonas (SA04): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)

Larry (S01): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Jaydon (S02): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Jimmy (S03): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Brett (S04): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)

Eduardo (ZA01): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Brendan (ZA02): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Terry (ZA03): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Malik (ZA04): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Darius (ZA05): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Byron (ZA06): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Baldrick (ZA07): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Adder (ZA08): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Anderson (ZA09): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Bruford (ZA10): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Wakeman (ZA11): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Howe (ZA12): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)

Comet : (DF-8) Dark Flier {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly] (Ward-16)

Bert (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard] (Ward-16)
Ernie (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard] (Ward-16)

Naughty Kitty (Tod's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (Wandereus') {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (T. Coil's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (Rowan's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8)
Naughty Kitty (Tyler's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8)
Naughty Kitty (Lian's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8)

Heck Pup (Hp01) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp02) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp03) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp04) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)

Skeleton SK-1: Warrior [8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 22(-3) Hits / Attack. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Calcium Enriched, Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]

Skeleton SA1: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA2: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA3: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA4: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA5: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA6: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA7: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA8: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA9: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]

Lesser Uncroaked LU01: Warrior [ 8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 14(-3) Hits / Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]
Lesser Uncroaked LU02: Warrior [ 8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 14(-3) Hits / Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]
Lesser Uncroaked LU03: Warrior [ 8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 14(-3) Hits / Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]
Lesser Uncroaked LU04: Warrior [ 8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 14(-3) Hits / Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]
Lesser Uncroaked LU05: Warrior [ 8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 14(-3) Hits / Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]

BS 1 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 2 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 3 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 4 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]

Reginald : Garrison Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Leadership] (Ward-16)
Abe : Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Barry : Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Chad : Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Dave : Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Ed : Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Frank : Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-8)
Gary : Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-8)
Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.

Enemy Stats
Spoiler: show
Armolad: Archer {Level 5} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 34 Hits. Fire, Quick-shot. Special: Leadership, Improved Leadership, Dance Fighting, Beefy] { Ward-16 } Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken, Potion: Ward, Potion: Renew x2
Amandaria : Fryahovar {Level 3} [ 18 Combat / 20 Defense / 60 Hits. 14 {24} Move. Strike. Special : Beast, Heavy, Mount, Mighty Blow x2, Dance Fighting ] { Ward-16 }

WE01 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }
WE02 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }
WE03 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }
WE04 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }

EE01 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE02 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE03 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE04 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE05 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE06 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE07 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE08 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }

EE09 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE10 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE11 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE12 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE13 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE14 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE15 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE16 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }

Gumpt'n1 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n2 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n3 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n4 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n5 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n6 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n7 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n8 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }

FE01 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE02 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE03 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE04 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE05 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE06 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE07 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE08 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE09 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE10 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE11 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE12 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE13 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE14 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE15 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }
FE16 : Faerie { Level 1 } [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Objay Dart] { Ward-8 }

AE01 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE02 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE03 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE04 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE05 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE06 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE07 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE08 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]

SE01 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE02 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE03 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE04 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE05 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE06 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE07 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE08 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE09 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE10 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE11 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE12 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE13 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE14 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE15 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE16 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }

WE05 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE06 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE07 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE08 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE09 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE10 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE11 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE12 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE13 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE14 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE15 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE16 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }

Objay Dart : Faery Fire attack inflicts an additional 1 Hit damage that ignores defenses.
Healing Touch - Any adjacent friendly units heal 8 Hits at the start of each round.
Dying Cry - If slain by an enemy, every member of the Altruistic Elf's side in the hex gains a +2 Combat / +1 Defense Inspiration Bonus until the start of their next Turn. Dying Cry Inspiration Bonuses are cumulative.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:15 am

OOC Right 0beron/Vinny, The Colonel/Bill, WaterMonkey314/Triage ...you're up !

Junetta should/will fire at FE01 at com=3
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:19 am

Vinny climbs the Tower and Fires using his max of 1 Unit against FE03, expending .5 juice in the process if I understand correctly.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:46 am

0beron wrote:Vinny climbs the Tower and Fires using his max of 1 Unit against FE03, expending .5 juice in the process if I understand correctly.

The Towers have 3 spells stored (Ickypron x2, TwoGeeOneCee), one of which you can cast by spending 1 Juice. You are probably better off firing off one of the Ickypron spells, which gives you 3 attacks of 2d6 + your combat + bonuses (Leadership, etc.) instead of 1 attack of 3d6 + your combat + bonuses. Triage is probably better off using 8 units of energy for 4 Juice to fire off 2 attacks of 6d6 + his combat + bonuses instead of using the 2G1C spell, though. And remember that you can only target flying units with Tower-fueled attacks.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 am

oh yeah I forgot those, duh! Vinny fires an Ickypron, targeting FE04, 05, & 06
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Alright, if the faeries enter dodging, this means they have 10 def, 8 hits, and a -8 ward. I did some math for the faerie fight earlier, but it doesn't account for dodging.

Vinny, as he has decided, should fire off an ickypron from the towers. This will probably get 2-3 faeries.
Triage should probably fire off the towers' other IckyPron spell. This will probably get all 3 of his targets.
If Junetta uses 3 energy on both of her fire targets, she'll need to roll 16 on 5d6 to down her targets.(~70%each)
If Bill uses 4 energy on both his targets, he'll need to roll 17 on 6d6 to down his faeries.(~85% each ~60% if he only uses 3 energy on his targets)
(Still likely to get 8 or 9 faeries out before they can fire.)

Since we have zeds on the tower top, they'll either have +4 or+5 bonuses depending on if they are in Yuri's or a level 2 warlord's stack. They'll do about 8 or 9 damage to dodging faeries, so expect each faerie to soak up 2 to 3 shots if we want to down them before they fire. We may need to be saving shots to deal with the enemy archers when they enter. We might be able to have Wandereus' dance archers move up to the tower top and shoot at the faeries before they can fire, but only the 4 archers in that stack with 19 effective com are likely (21/36) to down a dodging faerie in one shot.

Fortunately, these faeries will only be attacking with 4 or 6 com if we let some of them fire. Against dodging enemies, they'll be significantly underpowered and our most vulnerable units will have bats near them. (The casters stay near the bats on the towers when they move up.) Objay dart only does 1 def ignoring damage. (If this hits a bat swarm, will we lose 2 bats instead of 1?) We could decide to only let the casters at them before they fire to thin their ranks, then use some of the archers afterwards.

(If any of the casters fails to down a target, could we have an archer fire on it before it could fire? Or would we need to wait a phase?)
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Swodaems wrote:(Still likely to get 8 or 9 faeries out before they can fire.) ... We might be able to have Wandereus' dance archers move up to the tower top and shoot at the faeries before they can fire, ... (If any of the casters fails to down a target, could we have an archer fire on it before it could fire?
I need to correct one of your assumptions here. The only units can possibly down faeries before they can fire are Coil and the Archers. Any units that have to move before firing would allow a faerie to counter-fire at this point. Remember that attacks resolve before moves, but that's on a per-square-move basis. Once the faeries have moved a square, units that can target them immediately can fire while the faeries are making that move. Units that have to move 1 square to fire will allow the Faeries to attack simultaneously, and if the units have to move more than one square, the Faeries' readied attacks can actually resolve first.

All of this assumes that the Faeries are not going to continue moving forward into the hex, of course. If the Faeries are attempting to reach a particular position, then units on both sides move until one side or the other fires, and if the Faeries intend to keep moving, they must withstand all attacks directed against them until they have reached their position. In this particular instance, however, it is safe to assume that the Faeries have ended their movement phase already upon entering.

Swodaems wrote:(If this hits a bat swarm, will we lose 2 bats instead of 1?)
No, Brickabat swarms lose 1 hit to completely negate the attack. The Objay Dart must resolve successfully (even if it does no damage) in order to do the additional point. Dollamancy cloaks that negate the Fire attack will also cancel the additional damage.

Swodaems wrote:(If any of the casters fails to down a target, could we have an archer fire on it before it could fire? Or would we need to wait a phase?)
Actions that are conditional based on the resolution of events in a certain phase must occur on the next phase. It's a moot point in this case, since other than Coil, no caster can currently drop a Faerie before it could fire.
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games