Summer Update - 024

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Summer Update - 024

Postby Ragn Charran » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 am

What is he up to? Taking Maggie and Sizemore is a nice thing, but seems to counter the overnight camping/move test theory.

And it's REALLY weird seeing these characters drawn by someone other than Jamie, even if it is well done.
So, Uncle Xykon, what's the moral of the story?
...And they died happily ever after. The End.
Order of the Stick #657
Ragn Charran
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Re: Summer Update - 24

Postby Lord Kasavin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:58 am

As a proud Alumnus of the Ohio State University, I feel like I totally have a connection with Parson right now. Though a few things are off. I mean, no matter who the opponent the Horseshoe filled every one of its 100,000+ stadium seats which creates an "invasion" of crowds, vendors, scalpers, and other odd characters. Playing Michigan just intensifies it a bit more. Orange Traffic Barrels is right on target though. Though the city is ruled by a mayor and the Governor.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby OneHugeTuck » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:13 am

Ragn Charran wrote:What is he up to? Taking Maggie and Sizemore is a nice thing, but seems to counter the overnight camping/move test theory.

And it's REALLY weird seeing these characters drawn by someone other than Jamie, even if it is well done.

Taking those two could allow for him to test going farther/longer/past what they are capable of/restricted by.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby GenuityX » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 am

A bit speculative, but this would be a great oppurtunity to get "kidnapped" by charlie, along with two master casters. Both whom have loyalist feelings for Parson.

I have had this idea of Parson hanging out in a hawain shirt with a coconut drink while he is currently unemployed by Stanely, but a random picnic idea out of nowhere is very convienient.
Check out my Art Hole at http://genuityx.deviantart.com/
GenuityX

Postby Maldeus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:27 am

Or maybe it would just be creepy to be out alone a few hexes away from the Knob overnight.
Maldeus

Postby TheWombat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:42 am

Well assuming that the world's geography doesn't actually have a hexagonal grid around it, if he's going to test the night move, or limitless move theory, he's going to need someone to tell him where the edge of a hex actually is.
TheWombat

Postby BarGamer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:00 am

Forgive me for saying so, but standing together like that, Sizemore and Maggie make such a cute couple. And Parson is their adopted giant.

Yeah, I think they're gonna find out where the Side walk ends. *DUCKS!*
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lunaya » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:02 am

I know I'm not the only one. I could have sworn Parson was going to sucker punch a Girl Scout for a Thin Mint cookie Blizzard. I mean, who wouldn't?
Lunaya

Postby Spot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:05 am

I wonder why Parson isn't telling Sizemore the truth about Cincinatti (and Earth)?

Why lie?
Spot

Postby Xorbon » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am

Cincinatti? You mean Columbus, I presume?

I'm guessing that Parson's holding back the truth and giving half-truths, because if he told the truth, it would lead to more questions. Maybe some time he'll take the time to tell them more, but right now he seems to be focused on his picnic.

By the way, I thought Zhopa would be going on the picnic with him when Parson told him "We'll talk." Maybe he meant 'some other time'.
Xorbon

Re: Summer Update - 024

Postby Erk » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:51 am

I'm curious what folks think about the new art :)
Rumours of my croaking have been greatly exaggerated.

Race: Men
Class: Caster (Healomancer)
Level: 3
Special: Exhausted
Erk

Postby moose o death » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:20 am

Good but wrong. i don't know if there is enough artists to be able to do this into october.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Simons Mith » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:06 am

[New art] I really like it. I think Alisa's captured the essence of the characters. Good for her. Maggie maybe looks a bit manly, but she's the one who chose the Intrepid Explorer getup... This pic certainly sets a high standard for future guest artists to live up to. I'm looking forward to seeing other artists' takes on the various characters.
Simons Mith

Postby moose o death » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:12 am

to clarify wrong i meant off model. certainly closer to on the models than i can do
in fact i tried exactly that based on one of the aftermath pages for parson and the new toolbox wallpaper for ansom
https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/937971/parson-ansom.jpg
parson is closer than ansom by a longshot but both need work.

cloning another artists technique is never as easy as it looks

for those interested the image was made in z brush of all places. a new plugin was released that allows you to paint on a more 3d canvas allowing the grain to show through. the results look so much more natural for digital ink than photoshop gives
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Ambug666 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:27 am

The interesting thing to my mind is Maggie's lack of curiosity. She even seems to scorn that in Parson. Note that Sizemore asks all the questions, but Maggie doesn't ask about anything, including who Jane Goodall is.
Ambug666

Postby badninja » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:33 am

I thought Parson's explanation about how every day is a battle was spot on. Now I wish he would have told them he had no loyalty to any of his leaders. Maybe he will, but I like the idea of getting a look outside of the city Parson may get some more new ideas.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Gez » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:56 am

Sizemore has always been curious. Remember how he's interested in every school of magic, even if he is gifted only for dirtamancy?

On the other hand, Maggie is a thinkamancer, that is to say, a professional telepath. Her sense of curiosity has probably been killed by frequent exposure to TMI.
Gez

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 am

An important arises: Can Erfworlders play sports that include fouls and tackling for fun? Or does an aggressive physical contact count as an attack? If not, Parson could do something really pathbreaking and introduce team sports to erfworld. And then order the twolls to brew beer ("Zhopa beer - doesn't taste like it sounds").
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Rhyme-o-mancer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:54 am

I grew up in Ohio. It's so true. I like the Steak & Shake reference. They have the best french fries. Those really thin ones. I could eat a plate full.
Rhyme-o-mancer

Postby DevilDan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:55 am

I guess this sort of definitively maybe answers the question of whether there are "civilians" as farmers/craftsmen/means of production or making money?

Very cute update, I suppose, which is matched by the artwork.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Next

Return to Reactions