Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 040

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 040

Postby Lamech » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:54 pm

0beron wrote:
Lamech wrote:
0beron wrote:Hmmmmm, wondering if Wanda's song is Rhyme-o-mancy of the magical sort, or just normal singing....I'd guess the former, but I can't figure out it's purpose (beyond helping turn Jillian perhaps)
There is no difference between the two on Erfworld. See here all songs and all poems are magical.
Ah yes that's true. I suppose what I meant was "I wonder if it's for Wanda's benefit only, or if it's supposed to have some kind of effect on Jillian and/or the world as well.

There is also probably a difference between rhyme-o-mancer juice using grade songs, rhyme-o-mancer no-juice grade songs and normal unit grade songs as well.
Lamech

Why I Love This Update

Postby Frosted » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:59 pm

I love this update because Wanda's kill count on Jillian's boyfriends is now 2.

8 more and she gets a free soda!
Frosted

Re: Why I Love This Update

Postby Lamech » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Frosted wrote:I love this update because Wanda's kill count on Jillian's boyfriends is now 2.

Wait who was the other one? Ansom killed himself. (Opposing the Lord Hamstar is a highly effective way to die.)
Lamech

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Lamech wrote:
Frosted wrote:I love this update because Wanda's kill count on Jillian's boyfriends is now 2.

Wait who was the other one? Ansom killed himself. (Opposing the Lord Hamstar is a highly effective way to die.)

Jillian and the Unipegitaur that Wanda shot down over GK had a little fling going. Rob hasn't posted that part of the story because he's not sure we're ready for it yet.
MarbitChow

Postby Frosted » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Lamech wrote:

To be fair, it's not clear that she herself actually killed Bart. I guess maybe it's a "Reanimated Boyfriends" punch card rather than "Murdered Boyfriends."

Re: Unipegitaur: fanfic so good it writes itself.
Frosted

Postby Mathamancer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Lamech wrote:

Yeah, it's a reanimation count, not a kill count.

Still, that's mean
Mathamancer

Postby bladestorm » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Jillian mighta had some scissor action with Hedda, too.

Has anyone started speculation on the number of lovers Jillian has acquired, or how any she'll have by the close of the story?

Btw, was there a popculture reference in the lyrics somewhere? I missed it.
bladestorm

Postby BrotherRool » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:01 pm

I can't remember my lore, there's no way of telling if a Predictomancer is lying right? Because they'd have a huge amount of power over Wanda right now (tho I guess she'd argue, there's nothing they can do to change her fate, just maybe make it a little harder for her).

Anyway it was cool seeing how Wanda got into this state and where her Fatalism comes from. Can't wait to see how she begins to recover.
BrotherRool

Postby coyotenose » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:58 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Jillian and the Unipegitaurs had a little fling going

FIFY. This is the Internet, Pal, remember that.

By the way, Unipegataurs don't appear to speak. Can they be harvested for food? Cause a reference to that could definitely be written into this fanfic.
coyotenose

Postby Kreistor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Oh, and note that Rob is doing a stint this week as guest on sluggy.com. Pclips style.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby Oberon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Kreistor wrote:Oh, and note that Rob is doing a stint this week as guest on sluggy.com. Pclips style.
/em awaits nerd rage that Rob dare to devote creative energy to other projects...
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby singingbard » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Jillian had cried herself briefly to sleep once, and then awakened without apparent need for air, water, food, or latrine.

The thought of being abandoned that way, to slowly croak from unmet needs, seemed particularly horrifying.

It's easy to see how one could croak from the unmet needs of hunger, thirst, and oxygen; could one croak from not meeting their "latrine" need? :oops:

Edit: Maybe it won't kill you, but it'll definitely drop your leadership bonus.
singingbard
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Arky » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:32 am

0beron wrote:Also consider the apparent limits and flaws of Predictamancy. Marie may not have realized Wanda would doom the side with this info. It is entirely possible that her Prediction didn't include the full picture, or alternatively, Wanda is going to turn back to the new FAQ in present day, and Marie saw that (thus not knowing FAQ would fall temporarily first)

Marie almost certainly has a hidden agenda of her own, and I doubt she was caught by surprise by anything involving Wanda.
Arky

Postby drachefly » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:16 am

Oberon wrote:
Kreistor wrote:Oh, and note that Rob is doing a stint this week as guest on sluggy.com. Pclips style.
/em awaits nerd rage that Rob dare to devote creative energy to other projects...

Calm yourselves. Look carefully. It's by Pete Abrams, with an acknowledgement thanking Rob Balder for permission to use the format. Rob did not make these.
drachefly

Postby Whispri » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:53 am

vintermann wrote:Whispri: There is also the small matter of the location of Faq. There would be no way to tell of Chip's life without the question coming up.

Sure there is, when have you ever seen a grave with map references carved on it? Oh sure she'd have to give his title, but considering the things Wanda already knows? Never mind that Haffaton has encountered the same group of units twice in a short period of time, during which the group was reinforced. Faq may already have been found.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Previous

Return to Reactions