Reactions to "A new life"

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Reactions to "A new life"

Postby Raigne » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:39 pm

I have seen plenty of human corpses, just not ones with gaping wounds.
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Strange. I thought such a thing would have been abnormal. Unless you had a prior career as an undertaker or a morgue physician. Still, how many of us self identify as 'normal'?
LadyBhaal

Postby chrono » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:38 am

Lothmar wrote:You really wont know until you speak with the appropriate merchants now will you chrono?

I know I'll probably end up just switching expensive armor for much cheaper one and leaving it at that since as far as we know everybody else is at the feast (and either too hard to find or too drunk/euphoric to talk to about such things)... Still, there may be circumstances that I don't know about, so that's why I'm asking.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Raigne » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:39 pm

LadyBhaal wrote:Strange. I thought such a thing would have been abnormal. Unless you had a prior career as an undertaker or a morgue physician. Still, how many of us self identify as 'normal'?

It is abnormal. But the remaining half of elderly married couples tend not to survive long once one of them bites it, and that bipolar thing I mentioned has claimed a few relatives too.

Raigne

Postby MuthSera » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:06 pm

Muth, new and improved, with malnutrition, (Going from 120 pounds to 108 in just 3 short weeks) Sky rocketing stress, and what is favorably described as compound exhaustion!

Hooah.

I am seriously reconsidering my capability as a DM at this time, My desire to DM, and if the size of the party isn't a bit more than I can handle, for any one reason or another. I used to crave D&D. Now I feel burnt out on every emotion and even primary motivators seem pretty weak. Love. D&D. Happiness. I need some sort of renewed strength, in all things. Perhaps focus on the acquisition of a new job, and eating correctly so I can regain some energy and weight.

I've dropped several friendships and even closer relationships over things as simple as Drama and the stress they brought to bear.

I really shouldn't have any hesitation when performing a similar cleansing of a D&D game I play.

mm.

I'll figure out what I'm going to do. Until I do... the game is on hold. :/
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:22 am

Right then; Time to work on my character for my friends 'Evil' campaign. ~Sifts through books trying to make an interesting choice~
Lothmar

Postby MuthSera » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:30 pm

Lothmar wrote:Right then; Time to work on my character for my friends 'Evil' campaign. ~Sifts through books trying to make an interesting choice~

Mm. Cool. Try the book of vile darkness. ;p
Guess folks don't have much to say. z_z;
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:26 am

What were you expecting us to say?

Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 am

Sorry, I was at an anime festival and internet wasn't a big priority given everything else that was happening :)

Muth, I hope your life gets better
LadyBhaal

Postby MuthSera » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Raigne wrote:What were you expecting us to say?

You're right. What was I thinking?
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:52 pm

MuthSera wrote:
Raigne wrote:What were you expecting us to say?

You're right. What was I thinking?

...Akward moment much, ~cough~
And overall, book of vile darkness just isnt all that great. sure it's got a few interesesting spells but really, general imagination helps so much more.

I choose 'Vampire spawn' from 'libris mortis' for my first level and two levels of fighter. And with my feat combo, I have a +16 grapple check, I deal 1d4 con and 1d12+5 physical damage every round I maintain a pin. I was a monk at first but then the dm noticed I had some awesome stats and he asked why. I said 'well I dont have a con, im undead' but he said 'but you were once the race you were originally before becoming a vampire, dedicate a minimum of twelve points to con now, nice try though.' So there went my vampire spawn monk with a 20 str, 18 dex, 14 int, 18 wis and 18cha (+2 str/cha).

The first session was awesome, I got a carriage and some horses with my leftover gold and bought a hireling to drive me around in the daytime... He knows little to nothing and so it's just hilarious how estranged the relationship between him and me is becoming in just one session! XD

Everyone else in the party loves my npc hireling and wants to make him a permanent addition. Ack, babbling...

Anywho, hope you feel better soon Muth. Hope it isnt anything serious. Even if we dont continue, thanks for the entertainment and for the time you put into this to run for us; ^^ it really was helpful distracting me while my gaming group was down.
Lothmar

Postby MuthSera » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Lothmar wrote:Anywho, hope you feel better soon Muth. Hope it isnt anything serious. Even if we dont continue, thanks for the entertainment and for the time you put into this to run for us; ^^ it really was helpful distracting me while my gaming group was down.

I still feel like I failed.
MuthSera

Previous

Return to Your Games