Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 am

OOC it probably has def of 20 ( with Armolads leadership) so will only require 2 shooters as it will need 76 damage ( 60 hits + 16 ward)

Rolf at 31 com ( with mighty blow + 21 +7) should do 4d6+11 = 25 average X 2 so rolf should do about 50 on it
Yuri at 21 com should do 4d6+1 = 15 average x 2 so should do 30
Total for the both 80 damage on average

Will at 41 com should do 2d6+21 = 28 average x2 so should do 56
Cupid at 27 com should do 2d6+7 = 14 average so should do 28
Total for the both 84 damage on average.

We could take a chance and let Rolf take both his at it then let Will fire his first shot at it (as he can split his targets) for an average damage of 50 + 28 = 78
this would leave Yuri + Cupid unused and Will with his second shot.
If Cupid then fires at a gump guard 27 - 6 def gives him 2d6+21 damage on a guard with 20 hits + 8 ward so the guard is gone on an average roll and we have Will + Cupids second shots + Yuris damage (= 28 + 14 + 30 = 72) on a gump needing 76 to kill so we'd need to roll above average to kill.

Thoughts people ?

/OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby HerbieRai » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:30 am

I'm of the oppinion we take out the forward gump, then hold the rest of the fire. The move itself makes me kinda nervous, since I don't understand what he's trying to do. The only reason I can think of is drawing our heavy shots so something else doesn't get hit. Saving what, I don't know. If we can save the ballista fire he may move another gump forward and we can tag another one.
HerbieRai

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:18 am

Well the Gumps are the most dangerous unit. Without those, they can't break through our walls/tower to reach us, and we can pick them off using range with minimal casualties. So regardless of whatever it is drawing fire to protect, killing it is still a net gain. I'll leave the precise number-crunching to the people who specialize in that, but it seems based on the math already done that both balistas would be a good idea and sufficient. Perhaps one of our Fliers should be also fire an extra shot just in case crappy rolls leave the Gump alive.

Vinny is fine with unstacking from Tod so Comet can have a better bonus. If the 2 can become adjacent to each other at some point, Vinny is able to provide him with a Negate Fire Cloak, so let's aim for that soon.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:36 am

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC If Cupid then fires at a gump guard 27 - 6 def gives him 2d6+21 damage on a guard with 20 hits + 8 ward so the guard is gone on an average roll and we have Will + Cupids second shots + Yuris damage (= 28 + 14 + 30 = 72) on a gump needing 76 to kill so we'd need to roll above average to kill.
Thoughts people ?

/OOC

OOC This may not be a good option as the math may be off. The guards could have an effective def as high as 6 (dodge) + 4 (def) + 5 (Leadership) =15 instead of the 4 (def) + 2 (leadership) that I first figured. The lone unguarded gump is still toast, though.

He does seem to be sacrificial though...and that worries me. If I thought we could still reasonably be sure of killing 2 other gumps my instinct would be to leave the lone gump as his turn is already wasted for a lone uncroaked and we can stop the other 5 from damaging towers this turn ( or next depending on when they act.. We can reasonably be sure of killing one and stunning 3 so I'm still tempted to leave the solitary one alone.

He is trying to draw ballista fire as once they've fired the rest of the gumps don't have to wait till phase 5 so their guards can move. The ballistae also threaten Armolad, as she didn't enter hex till they had fired /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:29 pm

I was thinking that with the faeries down, Vinny, Triage, Junetta, and Brick don't need to be stacked with me and Yuri anymore. They don't need the defense boost at the moment and they have things they can be doing that don't use their com score. (Triage and Junetta can stand by to heal. Brick is bodyguarding. And Vinny ... can't do anything really useful, but that problem exists with or without my bonus.) These units aren't going to be much use if we tried to do ranged offense with them, and would have to place themselves in the line of fire if they try that.

I want the empty spots in Yuri's and my stacks to be filled by the Heck pups. Those have a def ignore ability that will be very useful against the higher def targets like Amandaria and the Gumptons. They also have the high move required to reach targets and the ability to quickly slip out of the gate. Depending on how the round goes, this could very well be the time for Tod to cry out, "Release the Heck Pups!"

And I'm thinking we should sic the ballistas on the unguarded Gumpton. To me, this situation feels less like a trap than an opportunity. Our towers can take about 10 hits from gumptons before going down, so we should take advantage of this chance to easily croak a gumpton. It can't be dodging after an attack, so its max possible def is 20 if it has Armolad's bonus. As 0beron said, ~80 damage from being targeted by both ballistas, and we'll have plenty of opportunities to have another high com unit loose another shot before the bodyguards can reach it. (Wandereus has 4 units that will have com 19 at phase 10.)

We should expect to see some action at or before phase 11. This is when Com 10 archers lose their saved actions. Bill's 9 Skele archers and the 8 level 2 elven archers will have to choose to fire or risk the other side's com 10 archers getting off 2 back to back shots while only firing 1 in return. (MarbitChow, if both parties fired on phase 11, would dodge bonuses apply?)
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Swodaems wrote:(MarbitChow, if both parties fired on phase 11, would dodge bonuses apply?)
Once a party starts to act, they lose their dodge bonus, even if they're reacting to actions in the same phase. So, for example, if two archers are dodging, and both have readied actions, if one fires, the other can respond. Both shots hit simultaneously (or nearly enough) and neither archer has dodging at that time. If the 2nd archer chooses to wait until the next phase, the 2nd archer will still be dodging and can fire back (if he lives).

I still need to know officially how far is the gate opened or closed, and what Coil's action is, since he's next up.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Our Balista-manners have delayed actions correct? If so, they should target the lone Gump now, before Coil goes <-(Not an order, cus if I remember right, they're both PCs, but just bolded it to draw attention)
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Right now I think I should delay my action until after the Gumptions move as they are currently too close to the healers, that might mean a hit on a tower but I think we'll survive. That said I'd like for my mount to be placed in a leadership stack as I have the feeling I'm going to get shot up when I make my next appearance
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Turn 9 - Assault on Dis City - Round 1 End (Corrected) & Round 2 - Phase 32 through Phase 15

Rolf and Yuri unleash a barrage of ballista bolts into the long Gumption. All three stare in amazement as the Gumption, against all odds, refuses to drop.

/OOC : Mount stacking restriction: (I trust this is both obvious and logical...)
Mounts with a rider cannot be in stack unless their rider is also in the stack. Stacks assume guidance by a leader; thus the bonus. If a mount and rider are working together, they cannot be getting directions from separate sources. Riders in a stack can be on an unstacked mount (since it's getting its direction from the rider), but the rider cannot be unstacked if the mount is stacked (since the mount is now getting directions from 2 sources), nor can rider and mount belong to 2 different stacks.

Note: I've also added the updated the mount rules to read - "Dodging: If a mount is Dodging, the rider is also considered to be Dodging as long as the rider remains mounted." (So, as soon as the rider dismounts or the mount is killed, the rider is no longer dodging unless they had been dodging on their own prior to dismounting.)

Towers: 0 (of 18) Energy. Three spell slots free.

Exterior View

Interior View

Player Stats & Darkness Units
Spoiler: show
Rolf (Werebiscuit): 32 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion of Healing Ward
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): 22 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Strike/Attack, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Cupid (HerbieRai): 20 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Yuri (Exate): 35 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion of Healing Ward
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): 22 Hits; 23 (of 32) Juice; (Ward-16); Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20) x2, Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew
Bill (The Colonel): 16 Hits; 11 (of 47(+8)) Juice; (Ward-16); Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew, Scroll: Lucky Streak, Scroll: Regenerate, Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Tod (Swodaems): 24 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Triage (WaterMonkey314): 22 Hits; 34 (of 35) Juice; (Ward-16); Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Vinny Starcall (0beron) : 4 Hits; 6 (of 8) Juice; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Fire
Brick Wall (Lord of Monies) : 22 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Attack/Strike
Wandereus: 36 Hits; (Ward-8); Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2
Junetta: 16 Hits; 45 (of 59) Juice; (Ward-8)
(Note: See reference page for full PC and NPC stats for above units.)

Rowan (WL01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2
Tyler (WL02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2
Lian (WL03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2

Erick (WH01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Colby (WH02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Donovan (WH03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Joe (WH04): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Zackary (WH05): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)

Ruben (WB01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8)
Edgar (WB02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8)
Salvador (WB03): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8)

Casey (WA01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Phillip (WA02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)

Sergio (W01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Marvin (W02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Chris (W03): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)

Tony (SA01): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Jeffrey (SA02): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Devon (SA03): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Jonas (SA04): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)

Larry (S01): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Jaydon (S02): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Jimmy (S03): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Brett (S04): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)

Eduardo (ZA01): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Brendan (ZA02): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Terry (ZA03): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Malik (ZA04): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Darius (ZA05): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Byron (ZA06): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Baldrick (ZA07): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Adder (ZA08): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Anderson (ZA09): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Bruford (ZA10): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Wakeman (ZA11): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)
Howe (ZA12): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-8)

Comet : (DF-8) Dark Flier {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly] (Ward-16)

Bert (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard] (Ward-16)
Ernie (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard] (Ward-16)

Naughty Kitty (Tod's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (Wandereus') {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (T. Coil's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (Rowan's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8)
Naughty Kitty (Tyler's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8)
Naughty Kitty (Lian's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8)

Heck Pup (Hp01) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp02) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp03) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp04) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)

Skeleton SK-1: Warrior [8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 22(-3) Hits / Attack. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Calcium Enriched, Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]

Skeleton SA1: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA2: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA3: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA4: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA5: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA6: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA7: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA8: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA9: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]

Lesser Uncroaked LU02: Warrior [ 8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 14(-3) Hits / Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]
Lesser Uncroaked LU03: Warrior [ 8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 14(-3) Hits / Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]
Lesser Uncroaked LU04: Warrior [ 8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 14(-3) Hits / Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]
Lesser Uncroaked LU05: Warrior [ 8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 14(-3) Hits / Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]

BS 1 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 2 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 3 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 4 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 2 (of 8) Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]

Reginald (Cmd): Garrison Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Leadership] (Ward-16)
Abe (GA01): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Barry (GA02): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Chad (GA03): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Dave (GA04): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Ed (GA05): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Frank (GA06): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-8)
Gary (GA07): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-8)

Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.

Enemy Stats
Armolad: Archer {Level 5} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 34 Hits. Fire, Quick-shot. Special: Leadership, Improved Leadership, Dance Fighting, Beefy] { Ward-16 } Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken, Potion: Ward, Potion: Renew x2
Amandaria : Fryahovar {Level 3} [ 18 Combat / 20 Defense / 60 Hits. 14 {24} Move. Strike. Special : Beast, Heavy, Mount, Mighty Blow x2, Dance Fighting ] { Ward-16 }

WE01 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }
WE02 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }
WE03 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }
WE04 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }

EE01 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE02 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE03 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE04 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE05 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE06 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE07 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE08 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }

EE09 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE10 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE11 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE12 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE13 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE14 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE15 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }
EE16 : Archer { Level 1 } [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting ] { Ward-8 }

Gumpt'n1 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 2 (of 60) Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n2 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n3 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n5 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n6 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n8 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }

AE01 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE02 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE03 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE04 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE05 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE06 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE07 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE08 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]

SE01 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE02 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE03 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE04 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE05 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE08 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE09 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE10 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE11 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
SE12 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
SE13 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE14 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE15 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE16 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }

WE05 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE06 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE07 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE08 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE09 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE10 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE11 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE12 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE13 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE14 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE15 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE16 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }

Objay Dart : Faery Fire attack inflicts an additional 1 Hit damage that ignores defenses.
Healing Touch - Any adjacent friendly units heal 8 Hits at the start of each round.
Dying Cry - If slain by an enemy, every member of the Altruistic Elf's side in the hex gains a +2 Combat / +1 Defense Inspiration Bonus until the start of their next Turn. Dying Cry Inspiration Bonuses are cumulative.

Results
Tenebris Stacks :
Tod: Leads Will, Rolf, Cupid, T. Coil, Hp01, Hp02, Hp03. (+5 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)
Yuri: Leads ZA01, ZA02, ZA03, ZA04, ZA05, Comet, Hp04. (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)
Wandereus: Leads GA01, GA02, GA03, GA04, GA05, GA06, GA07 (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance)
Tyler (WL02): Leads ZA08, ZA09, ZA010, ZA011 (+2 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)

Phase 14
-----------
Gumpt'n1 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }

Rolf: Fires @ Gumpt'n1, Rages @ Gumpt'n1
Roll : 14. 35 Combat + (3 Mighty Blow + 5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (15 Defense + 5 Leadership) = Ward Destroyed. 9 Hits.
Roll : 12. 33 Combat + (3 Mighty Blow + 5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (15 Defense + 5 Leadership) = 23 Hits. (Gumpt'n1: 28)

Yuri: Fires @ Gumpt'n1, Rages @ Gumpt'n1
Roll : 13. 29 Combat + (5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (15 Defense + 5 Leadership) = 16 Hits.
Roll : 7. 23 Combat + (5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (15 Defense + 5 Leadership) = 10 Hits. (Gumpt'n1: 2)
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:23 am

Do I let one of my skellies take a shot at the gump?
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:06 am

The Colonel wrote:Do I let one of my skellies take a shot at the gump?

OOC Nope, we have 22 melee units within range of the gump, 18 of whom cannot reach anything else. That gump is firewood.

[curse] Dratted dice ! 4 rolls of 4d6 and not one above average...and one that was mostly 2's or 1's on 4 dice...and still the gump only survived by 2 ! [/curse]
/OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:46 am

So, chop, chop zeds, chop down the gump.
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:48 am

OOC Suggestions :-
Phase 14 if possible we should add Coils mount to Tyler's stack [Edit] scratch that.... just read the rules saying we can't

Phase 13 Coil should act to damage and stun gumptions 3 6 & 8*

Phase 11 Skellies have to loose shots or lose them. I say we take the chance that the level 2 eleven archers need to do the same and loose 2 skellies each at EE02, EE03, EE04 and EE07. If they still dodge they lose their held shot and we do 2d6-3 damage for each skeleton in the pair. If they don't dodge but loose their held shot we're doing 2d6 +5 damage for an average of 24 damage. Each of the 4 held zed archers should also fire 1 to each target with the skeletons and will do either an ineffective 2d6-6 or if the archers have loosed their held shot a more worthwhile 2d6+2 to add an average 9 damage to the avg 24 already applied ( these archers have 30 hits, counting wards) Oh yes., almost forget the last skeleton...ah but wait... there's a lone gumption with 2 hits remaining he'll be damaging at 2d6-6 but is it worth the shot ? 8-)
Note: Some of our melee warriors can reach the gumption at this point but should hold. If gate is 3/4 open we should begin to open it fully

Phase 10 We can do it again with the skellies if need be. We can also add in another 4 garrison archers to replace the zeds ( who will do MUCH better damage com 19 vs com 11)

* Note : gumption 8 can only be reached by one of the altrustic elves and for the other gumptions we're targetting the archers the altrustic elves are standing next to. They can't heal both. We're also spreading the damage along the gumption line and Gumptions 3 & 5 have something special in store :twisted:
/OOC
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby Nnelg » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 am

If I may add my opinion at this moment, I would expect that it's quite likely the reason that gump is there is to try and draw our melee units out into the open, where they can be slaughtered by archers (and possibly something else we haven't seen yet).
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:35 am

OOC Noted Nnelg... he also interferes with movement out the gate. Thus my smiley edit to my previous post and suggestion for holding of our melee. We may have to 'waste' a shot at him. /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:36 am

So send my zeds into melee?
The Colonel

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 am

We should definitely "waste" a ranged shot on the lone Gump. The archery threat makes sending out melee units a ridiculously stupid idea, I can't believe it was even suggested.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 am

0beron wrote:We should definitely "waste" a ranged shot on the lone Gump. The archery threat makes sending out melee units a ridiculously stupid idea, I can't believe it was even suggested.

Their archery is threatening to hit something be it our archery or melee ( or worse ... casters). Now that most of our archery can't dodge their def is 11 + leadership ( ranging from 15 - 18).
Our melee CAN still dodge till they strike giving the ones that can act on phase 11, 17 + leadership = 19 def so long as they don't strike, plus a possible guarding action (if we send them out on turn 5 so the guards can act) for another +6 to make a total of 25 def. Given that, I'm not so sure the idea of sending them out with a guard would be stupid. We're going to lose some units to their archery.

Note : We should figure they're targeting Coil and have him delay till after phase 10 (or better yet phase 8)
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 am

Our units on the wall have a minimum +8 to their defense because of the Crenelations and Elevation bonus, and that's before leadership. The fact that their archers haven't fired yet when OUR ranged units stopped dodging tells me they're waiting for melee to show it's face, because they're an easier to hit target.
So far in this combat, we have lost 1 uncroaked. They have lost ALL the Fairies, 2 gumps, and a few other units too? The longer we can keep this combat without going into melee, the better off we will come out of it. I think we're guaranteed to win at this point, but our strategy is going to determine how much this win COSTS.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 am

0beron wrote:Our units on the wall have a minimum +8 to their defense because of the Crenelations and Elevation bonus, and that's before leadership. The fact that their archers haven't fired yet when OUR ranged units stopped dodging tells me they're waiting for melee to show it's face, because they're an easier to hit target.
So far in this combat, we have lost 1 uncroaked. They have lost ALL the Fairies, 2 gumps, and a few other units too? The longer we can keep this combat without going into melee, the better off we will come out of it. I think we're guaranteed to win at this point, but our strategy is going to determine how much this win COSTS.

OOC Totally agree... but we're getting to the point where our archery are now an easier to hit target and their siege is going to get to the towers.
We will need to commit melee soon to stop their siege getting 3 unnopposed rounds of tower hits or we will lose a tower. If we lose both towers the city level drops and we need to spend 9,000 schmuckers to raise it again.
So the choice will soon become units or city levels. Consider also that it wil take one round of movement to get out the gate and get part way to a tower for our melee. Even if they go now it will be round 4 before they can strike gumption. /OOC
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games