Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby WarFAN » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:34 am

I bet 10 quatloosthat Charlie knows about TGMtTA existence and, to some extent, their activities against him.
WarFAN

Postby drachefly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:54 am

I wouldn't feel comfortable taking that bet at 20:1 odds in my favor.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Arky » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 am

WarFAN wrote:I bet 10 quatloosthat Charlie knows about TGMtTA existence and, to some extent, their activities against him.

No bet. Of course he does. He would have been able to listen in on a lot of stuff before they worked out he was doing it and started taking steps to safeguard communications, and I'm sure he has spies in the Magic Kingdom. Not just Jojo either.
Arky

Postby Lamech » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:58 pm

A bet I say: I bet that Ansom is king! 10 quatloos!
Lamech

Postby SNfinity » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Lamech wrote:A bet I say: I bet that Ansom is king! 10 quatloos!

Easy money, I'll take that bet.
SNfinity

Postby drachefly » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:10 pm

As of when? Now? Soon? I consider the literal reading so unlikely I require some clarification.
drachefly

Postby Lamech » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:48 pm

drachefly wrote:As of when? Now? Soon? I consider the literal reading so unlikely I require some clarification.

Is this directed at me? I bet that as of Slately's death Ansom is king. If you want to propose a more expansive (but still inclusive of Ansom being king now) bet, I'll consider taking that as well.
Lamech

Postby 0beron » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Well given that Ansom is a captive AND Slately has the Ruler's Natural Thinkamancy, I really doubt that Ansom is king at this exact moment. But they're your Q's to throw away :p
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby SNfinity » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:07 pm

I'll put the bet in more specific terms if it helps.

Lamech wins the bet if further updates prove that Ansom was the king of Jetstone during Book 2 Page 88. I win the bet if further updates prove Ansom is not king of Jetstone during Book 2 Page 88. I will concede the bet to Lamech if Ansom was king of Jetstone at any point between Book 2 Page 79 panel 7 and Book 2 Page 88. I will concede the bet to Lamech if Ansom is ruler of Jetstone at any point between Book 2 Page 79 panel 7 and Book 2 Page 88, but not king. I will claim a victory if Tramennis becomes king of Jetstone without any indication that Ansom was ruler of Jetstone at any point between Book 2 Page 79 panel 7 and Book 2 Page 88. I will claim a victory if Clonely successfully designates an heir, but I will claim said victory only upon that heir being clearly demonstrated to be ruler of Jetstone.

If it is still unclear who was king of Jetstone during Book 2 Page 88 by Book 3, and both myself and Lamech agree that it is unlikely to ever become clear, the bet will be dissolved. If it is still unclear who was king of Jetstone during Book 2 Page 88 when Gobwin Knob and Jetstone declare a ceasefire, alliance, truce, white peace, surrender, or other negotiation of peace, the bet will be dissolved.

Do you agree to these terms, Lamech?
SNfinity

Postby Lamech » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:05 pm

SNfinity wrote:I'll put the bet in more specific terms if it helps.

Lamech wins the bet if further updates prove that Ansom was the king of Jetstone during Book 2 Page 88. I win the bet if further updates prove Ansom is not king of Jetstone during Book 2 Page 88. I will concede the bet to Lamech if Ansom was king of Jetstone at any point between Book 2 Page 79 panel 7 and Book 2 Page 88. I will concede the bet to Lamech if Ansom is ruler of Jetstone at any point between Book 2 Page 79 panel 7 and Book 2 Page 88, but not king. I will claim a victory if Tramennis becomes king of Jetstone without any indication that Ansom was ruler of Jetstone at any point between Book 2 Page 79 panel 7 and Book 2 Page 88. I will claim a victory if Clonely successfully designates an heir, but I will claim said victory only upon that heir being clearly demonstrated to be ruler of Jetstone.

If it is still unclear who was king of Jetstone during Book 2 Page 88 by Book 3, and both myself and Lamech agree that it is unlikely to ever become clear, the bet will be dissolved. If it is still unclear who was king of Jetstone during Book 2 Page 88 when Gobwin Knob and Jetstone declare a ceasefire, alliance, truce, white peace, surrender, or other negotiation of peace, the bet will be dissolved.

I'm not sure about the last paragraph. I think it still might become clear even if say... Tram signs an alliance deal. The chief warlord still retain those powers even if the king changes.

How about just:

Lamech

Postby SNfinity » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Lamech wrote:
SNfinity wrote:I'll put the bet in more specific terms if it helps.

I'm not sure about the last paragraph. I think it still might become clear even if say... Tram signs an alliance deal. The chief warlord still retain those powers even if the king changes.

How about just:

Fair enough, I agree.
SNfinity

Postby CordialLupine » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:30 pm

I'll bet 25q that we will be introduced to a Hat Magician based on the Mad Hatter from "Alice in Wonderland" by the end of Book 3.
CordialLupine

Postby Nnelg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:58 am

CordialLupine wrote:I'll bet 25q that we will be introduced to a Hat Magician based on the Mad Hatter from "Alice in Wonderland" by the end of Book 3.

Does a cameo count, or will he have to play a role in the comic?
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Sieggy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 am

CordialLupine wrote:I'll bet 25q that we will be introduced to a Hat Magician based on the Mad Hatter from "Alice in Wonderland" by the end of Book 3.

If there is, he'd bloody well BETTER look like Johnny Depp . . .
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby cloudbreaker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Looks like I lost the one-eyed Bart bet. Oh well.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Beeskee » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:46 am

Wild Speculation: After the "Fuck heard round the world" Erfworld itself, or any Titans who are still watching, have been manipulating events, almost unnoticeably guiding Parson towards being in a position where he can found his own side and become a real Player.

I bet 50q that Parson ends up in control of his own side by the end of Book 2.

... Even though I estimate about a 50/50 chance of Parson ending up captured by the end of Book 2.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:34 am

Beeskee wrote:I bet 50q that Parson ends up in control of his own side by the end of Book 2.

... Even though I estimate about a 50/50 chance of Parson ending up captured by the end of Book 2.

Then lay non-even odds on your bet.
drachefly

Postby permanoob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Brilliant prediction incoming:
Jillian never escaped from the glass chamber. All this is a simulation, designed to get her to mentally reveal the location of Faq. She'll arrive where she thinks it is, and then be confused for a second when there's nothing there, and then the artificial reality will end. Eh? Eh?
permanoob

Postby drachefly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 am

My 30 q to your 5q that that is not the case.
drachefly

Postby Frosted » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 am

I have a prediction, but it concerns the end of the book so it may be beyond the scope of this thread.
Spoiler: show
The series will end with Parson back in StupidWorld. He will receive some form of electronic communication from Charlie to the effect of "GG. Game 2?"

I'd go 2:1 on it.
Frosted

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld