Oberon v Oberon ?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Oberon v Oberon ?

Postby LTDave » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:50 am

I must be a bit slow, but I only just realized there are two Oberons on this forum.

What's that about? And why do they insist on quoting each other and arguing all the time?

And more importantly, could someone else register here as me? Outrageous! Iam unique! And so am I!
LTDave

Re: Oberon v Oberon ?

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:13 am

I know, right?

There's even a nigh identical username to mine. Well, actually, that's me, as I deliberately set up an account with the same sig and same avatar as I had at the time, as a way to make light of the situation (and I think I pulled that off) ... and block someone else from doing the same.

Sadly, I forgot both password and email used in setting that account up, but that was just a joke puppet anyway. No big loss.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Finn MacCool » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:20 am

i thought one oberon was written with an "O" and the other with a "0" (zero).
Finn MacCool

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:21 am

Finn MacCool wrote:i thought one oberon was written with an "O" and the other with a "0" (zero).

That is correct. I (zeroberon as I am sometimes called for clarity) have Jack for my avatar, and am generally hard to mistake for Oberon :p I think most forumites would describe Oberon as...gruff/harsh, whereas I am generally pretty nice and easy-going.

I use "zero"beron as a name on many websites, and when I joined erfworld some time ago, I wasn't aware that the forum already had a properly spelled version. He was initially very annoyed and hostile, but he seems to have gotten over it.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Ah, ok, all makes sense now. That zero looks a lot like a capital O.
LTDave

Postby Oberon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:24 pm

It does, doesn't it?

And yeah, it's no biggie. I was here first and will always be better. ;) And my avatar is clearly superior!
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby Housellama » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:14 pm

0beron wrote:
Finn MacCool wrote:i thought one oberon was written with an "O" and the other with a "0" (zero).

That is correct. I (zeroberon as I am sometimes called for clarity) have Jack for my avatar, and am generally hard to mistake for Oberon :p I think most forumites would describe Oberon as...gruff/harsh, whereas I am generally pretty nice and easy-going.

And tactful too. That's not the words I might have used.

Speaking as a long time forumites, I second what 0beron said. It's very difficult to get the two confused. The difference in personalities is... marked.
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm waiting for someone to make the user names Ohberon and Zeroberon, maybe even oberon if there's case-sensitivity (in which case, we can add ohberon and zeroberon to the mix for further obfuscation).
bladestorm

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:28 am

bladestorm wrote:I'm waiting for someone to make the user names Ohberon and Zeroberon, maybe even oberon if there's case-sensitivity (in which case, we can add ohberon and zeroberon to the mix for further obfuscation).

Why stop at 5 ?... theres Obheron, ober0n ohbreon Ohbreon 0hberon 0hbreon 0hber0n ohbrer0n...I'll stop now 0beron and Oberon ;) before we start using e's with acutes and graves (or whatever the blasted slanty things are called). There very few names not capable of obfuscation 'baldestrom' ;) so be careful
Werebiscuit

Postby drachefly » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:26 pm

If there's no greasemonkey script out there to make the names more visibly distinct, and people want one, I can cook one up.
drachefly

Return to Everything Else Erfworld