Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Werebiscuit wrote: While I still think we should be targeting the 2nd lvl elves first

The benefit to taking out the level 1s is then that reduces the support/coordinate bonuses more quickly. Level 1 are easier to kill right now, so I think Swod's plan eleminates them faster than we could eliminate the level 2s. If that makes you feel any better about being stuck accepting his orders.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:34 pm

I shall go along with Tod's plan though I shall yell at the Elves while doing so:

"Do you see now the true nature of your leaders! They flee while you die! She did not even fire a shot, and these Archons do not act at our command! The King in Green exiled me for what!? For nothing! He is far more immoral than I could ever hope to be, disguising it with talk of peace while he abandons his own troops! I say to you that they have left to die, this need not be your end, turn! Wanderus and Junetta have a secure place here with us, and so could the rest of you! Indeed you could strike back against those who have so callously thrown your lives away! It is the Titans' Will that Breatharia falls, but you don't have to fall with it!"
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Yes, Dying Cry helps against structures. Inspiration bonuses don't behave like the many of the other bonuses (such as leadership or dance-fighting): they stack, they're useful against structures, and they modify the base stats like a magic item does. Because of this, it will also impact movement time, although I only recalculate reaction time at the start of every round.
Well, that explains why the warriors are in a hammer formation aimed at the undamaged tower. This is going to be problematic. The 'useful against structures' thing throws off a lot of my ideas about this battle. The level 1 enemy warriors are going to be utterly devastating once all 8 alt elves are croaked. 30 combat / 19 def with 2 leadership and 4 dance-fighting. (24 of that combat will be useful against structures. And they'll have 25 def while dodging.)

MarbitChow wrote:Are there any other actions that anyone wants to take on phases 10 and 9, other than what Swodaems has detailed in his last post? If not, I'll run through those this evening and provide the next update.

I have some targeting priority changes to make to the orders. When I made them, I forgot that some of the level 1 archers were already wounded or had damaged wards. I now think we can take all 8 of them out before they can fire on phase 7. (Thankfully, their round 2 reaction time didn't change.)

Two skele archers will fire on EE9 & EE11 (the ones with only 7 and 4 hits left). 3 of the 4 Com 10 garrison archers will fire on EE10, EE14, and EE16. The remaining Com 10 takes out gumpton 1. EE12, EE13, and EE15 will be targeted by 2 skele archers each. The remaining skele archer holds his shot until phase 9 and shoots any lucky survivors or a level 2 archer if there are none.

I also have some RP I would like to get in. Hopefully 'talking is a free action' applies.

Since Yuri has a better relationship with the Archons than me, I ask him to see if the Archons are willing to share the details of the Elves' and Charlie's contract with us. I don't expect to get this information, but it would be useful to know what happens to Charlie's contract if the Archon's fail to croak the alt elves.

I shout to the Altruistic Elves a simple offer: "These archons have been paid by your king to croak you for your bonus. Turn to us. You have my promise as chief warlord that we will never treat you like this." It is to be noted that Tod is a bit of a stickler when it comes to honoring the spirit* of deals and offers, so this deal will be kept so long as the elves remain loyal. (I say 'remain loyal' because this protection expires if we get proof of the elves doing something like passing info to Breatheairia.)
(*The spirit of our deal with Charlie was that both us expected to be stabbing each other in the back in our deal. Here I am asking the elves to take my offer in good faith, so they get more protection than Charlie does.)

Finally, more rules questions: After this battle, if Bill uncroaked an altruistic elf and let it decay, would we still be able to take full advantage of the bonus? A question I asked before, but didn't get an answer to has just become relevent. If one of the penalty clauses on our contract with Charlie triggers, do the other ones become void?

In case I'm not around later, I thought I should clarify,my stance on the melee issue for the team: I'm of the opinion that we should keep the melee inside if we can do so without endangering the city. This opinion has a simple 'keep losses to a minimum' justification behind it. I thought the math went such that we could safely trap an ineffective force outside the walls. I haven't done the math accounting for the enemy warriors' newfound ability to damage the walls with an increasing bonus, but I would like the melee kept inside if we find that we can eliminate the threat of the warriors with ranged alone or a good 'Let them come to us' strategy comes along.

It should be noted that the majority of our forces inside the gate have 5 combat. If we do send them out this round, it should be during phase 6. Hopefully, the enemy's com 8 warriors will have already moved by then so we'll have a better idea of how to use our units' actions. We don't have any Com 8 units or com 7 units that haven't acted, so we'll lose nothing by waiting until phase 7 to make decisions. MarbitChow, If possible, could you play thru phase 8 in the next update?
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:18 pm

0beron wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote: While I still think we should be targeting the 2nd lvl elves first

The benefit to taking out the level 1s is then that reduces the support/coordinate bonuses more quickly. Level 1 are easier to kill right now, so I think Swod's plan eleminates them faster than we could eliminate the level 2s. If that makes you feel any better about being stuck accepting his orders.

*nods* yeah the extra ward and hits do make a difference AND we'll end up taking out more support co-ordinate options. I see that now. It was just on first read through I thought we were only using our high com against their low hits units. Now I see were also using our low com against their high hit units. So not ignoring the units that will have high potential damage next round as I thought. Thankfully they will only get boosted again at the end of next round.
As both should have the same def it's a matter of luck which way round is best and should even out on the average
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Swodaems wrote:Finally, more rules questions: [b]After this battle, if Bill uncroaked an altruistic elf and let it decay, would we still be able to take full advantage of the bonus?
I'm not sure what you're asking here. If an uncroaked altruist elf decays, it doesn't trigger the bonus. It has to be slain by an enemy.

Swodaems wrote:A question I asked before, but didn't get an answer to has just become relevent. If one of the penalty clauses on our contract with Charlie triggers, do the other ones become void?
There's nothing in the contract that states that breaking a clause in the contract invalidates the contract. Each clause is evaluated in isolation, not in relation to other clauses. Breaking the 0-shmucker disclosure clause, for example, doesn't free either side to break any of the other clauses. Does that answer the question sufficiently?

Swodaems wrote:MarbitChow, If possible, could you play thru phase 8 in the next update?
Sure.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Swodaems wrote:In case I'm not around later, I thought I should clarify,my stance on the melee issue for the team: I'm of the opinion that we should keep the melee inside if we can do so without endangering the city. This opinion has a simple 'keep losses to a minimum' justification behind it. I thought the math went such that we could safely trap an ineffective force outside the walls. I haven't done the math accounting for the enemy warriors' newfound ability to damage the walls with an increasing bonus, but I would like the melee kept inside if we find that we can eliminate the threat of the warriors with ranged alone or a good 'Let them come to us' strategy comes along.

It should be noted that the majority of our forces inside the gate have 5 combat. If we do send them out this round, it should be during phase 6. Hopefully, the enemy's com 8 warriors will have already moved by then so we'll have a better idea of how to use our units' actions. We don't have any Com 8 units or com 7 units that haven't acted, so we'll lose nothing by waiting until phase 7 to make decisions.

I'll state now that I'm of the same opinion on much of the melee forces but feel that not releasing the heck pups ties up our big guns too much during round 4 when they'll have to eliminate the remaining gumps instead of being able to target the growing threat of their boosted warriors.
i'm also of the opinion that we can keep the heck pups safe if we take out their ranged (archers) and use our ranged and big guns to isolate targets that the heck pups can safely eliminate.
Werebiscuit

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:27 am

OOC: Now that we've reached 100+ pages, should we consider splitting off to a new thread? (Perhaps after this battle?)
WaterMonkey314

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Turn 9 - Assault on Dis City - Round 2 - Phase 10 through Phase 8

More arrows fly, and more elves are dead, as is the unbelievably lucky Gumption. A couple more Tenebrisian archers are picked off the wall as well. The Elven warriors advance. The gates are completely open by the end of the 8th phase.

Towers: 0 (of 18) Energy. Three spell slots free.
Tower 1: 70 Hits. Tower 2: 31 Hits.

Exterior View

Interior View

Player Stats & Darkness Units
Spoiler: show
Rolf (Werebiscuit): 32 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion of Healing Ward
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): 22 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Strike/Attack, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Cupid (HerbieRai): 20 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Yuri (Exate): 35 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion of Healing Ward
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): 22 Hits; 14 (of 32) Juice; (Ward-16); Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20) x2, Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew
Bill (The Colonel): 16 Hits; 11 (of 47(+8)) Juice; (Ward-16); Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew, Scroll: Lucky Streak, Scroll: Regenerate, Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Tod (Swodaems): 24 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Triage (WaterMonkey314): 22 Hits; 34 (of 35) Juice; (Ward-16); Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Vinny Starcall (0beron) : 4 Hits; 6 (of 8) Juice; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Fire
Brick Wall (Lord of Monies) : 22 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Attack/Strike
Wandereus: 36 Hits; (Ward-8); Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2
Junetta: 16 Hits; 45 (of 59) Juice; (Ward-8)
(Note: See reference page for full PC and NPC stats for above units.)

Rowan (WL01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2
Tyler (WL02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2
Lian (WL03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2

Erick (WH01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Colby (WH02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Donovan (WH03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Joe (WH04): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)
Zackary (WH05): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8)

Ruben (WB01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8)
Edgar (WB02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8)
Salvador (WB03): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8)

Casey (WA01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Phillip (WA02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)

Sergio (W01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Marvin (W02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Chris (W03): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)

Tony (SA01): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Jeffrey (SA02): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Devon (SA03): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)
Jonas (SA04): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8)

Larry (S01): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Jaydon (S02): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Jimmy (S03): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)
Brett (S04): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8)

Eduardo (ZA01): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Brendan (ZA02): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Terry (ZA03): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Malik (ZA04): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Darius (ZA05): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Byron (ZA06): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)

Comet : (DF-8) Dark Flier {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly] (Ward-16)

Bert (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard] (Ward-16)
Ernie (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard] (Ward-16)

Naughty Kitty (Tod's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (Wandereus') {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (T. Coil's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (Rowan's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8)
Naughty Kitty (Tyler's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8)
Naughty Kitty (Lian's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8)

Heck Pup (Hp01) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp02) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp03) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp04) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)

Skeleton SK-1: Warrior [8(-1) Combat / 5(-1) Defense / 22(-3) Hits / Attack. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Calcium Enriched, Well-Armed, Extended Decay x1.]

Skeleton SA1: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA2: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA3: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA4: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA5: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA6: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA7: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA8: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA9: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]

BS 1 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 2 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 3 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 4 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 2 (of 8) Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]

Reginald (Cmd): Garrison Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Leadership] (Ward-16)
Abe (GA01): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Barry (GA02): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Chad (GA03): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Dave (GA04): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Ed (GA05): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)

Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.

Enemy Stats
Armolad: Archer {Level 5} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 34 Hits. Fire, Quick-shot. Special: Leadership, Improved Leadership, Dance Fighting, Beefy] { Ward-16 } Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken, Potion: Ward, Potion: Renew x2
Amandaria : Fryahovar {Level 3} [ 18 Combat / 20 Defense / 60 Hits. 14 {24} Move. Strike. Special : Beast, Heavy, Mount, Mighty Blow x2, Dance Fighting ] { Ward-16 }

WE01 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }
WE02 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }
WE03 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }
WE04 : Warrior { Level 2 } : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 27 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Leadership] { Ward-8 }

EE01 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 2 (of 14) Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ]
EE05 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE06 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }
EE08 : Archer { Level 2 } [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance-Fighting, Might Blow x2 ] { Ward-16 }

Gumpt'n2 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 60 Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ] { Ward-16 }
Gumpt'n3 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 52 (of 60) Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ]
Gumpt'n5 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 49 (of 60) Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ]
Gumpt'n6 : Gumption [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 48 (of 60) Hits. Strike. Special: Mighty Blow x3, Siege(2), Inhuman ]

AE02 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE04 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE05 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE06 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]
AE07 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry]

SE01 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE02 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE03 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE04 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE05 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE08 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE09 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE10 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE11 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
SE12 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard]
SE13 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE14 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE15 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }
SE16 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 }

WE05 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE06 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE07 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE08 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE09 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE10 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE11 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE12 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE13 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE14 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE15 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE16 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }

Objay Dart : Faery Fire attack inflicts an additional 1 Hit damage that ignores defenses.
Healing Touch - Any adjacent friendly units heal 8 Hits at the start of each round.
Dying Cry - If slain by an enemy, every member of the Altruistic Elf's side in the hex gains a +2 Combat / +1 Defense Inspiration Bonus until the start of their next Turn. Dying Cry Inspiration Bonuses are cumulative.

Charlie's Units
Buffy : Archon {Level 3} [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 59 Hits. Fire. 12 {24} Move. Special : Spell Sense, Flight, Heavy, Foolamancy(Projection), Leadership(1), Dance Fighting ]
Faith : Archon {Level 2} [14 Combat / 14 Defense / 39 Hits. Fire. 12 {20} Move. Special : Spell Sense, Flight, Heavy, Foolamancy(Crypsis), Shockamancy(Hiya) ]
Rona : Archon {Level 2} [14 Combat / 14 Defense / 39 Hits. Fire. 12 {20} Move. Special : Spell Sense, Flight, Heavy, Shockamancy(Hiya), Thinkamancy(Thinkagram) ]

Results
Tenebris Stacks :
Tod: Leads Will, Rolf, Cupid, T. Coil, Hp01, Hp02, Hp03. (+5 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)
Yuri: Leads ZA01, ZA02, ZA03, ZA04, ZA05, Comet, Hp04. (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)
Wandereus: Leads GA01, GA02, GA03, GA04, GA05, GA06, GA07 (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance)
Tyler (WL02): Leads ZA06, ZA07, ZA08 (+2 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)
Bill: Guides SK-1, SA1, SA2, SA3, SA4, SA5, SA6, SA7, SA8, SA9, LU01, LU03, LU014, LU05 (+4 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)

-- Round 2 --

Phase 10
----------
Skeleton SA1: Fire @ EE9
Roll : 7. 17 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+5] = 12 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.

Skeleton SA2: Fire @ EE11
Roll : 6. 16 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+5] = 11 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.

(Note: EE12 was killed by Cupid on Phase 12, but was still listed on the roster in error. SA3&4 select EE01 as a target instead.)
Skeleton SA3: Fires @ EE01
Roll : 9. 19 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership - 2 Mighty Blow) [X+5] = Ward damaged. (Ward-2)

Skeleton SA4: Fires @ EE01
Roll : 9. 19 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership - 2 Mighty Blow) [X+5] = Ward destroyed. 12 Hits.

Skeleton SA5: Fire @ EE13
Roll : 3. 13 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+5] = Ward Destroyed.

Skeleton SA6: Fire @ EE13
Roll : 7. 17 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+5] = 12 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.

Skeleton SA7: Fire @ EE15
Roll : 9. 19 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+5] = Ward Destroyed. 6 Hits.

Skeleton SA8: Fire @ EE15
Roll : 5. 15 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+5] = 10 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.

Skeleton SA9: Delays his action

Dave (GA04): Fire @ EE10
Roll : 5. 15 Combat + (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+8] = Ward Destroyed. 12 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.

Ed (GA05): Fire @ EE14
Roll : 6. 16 Combat + (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+8] = Ward Destroyed. 13 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.

Frank (GA06): Fire @ EE16
Roll : 7. 17 Combat + (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 3 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+8] = 14 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.

Gary (GA07): Fire @ Gumpt'n1
Roll : 9. 19 Combat + (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance) - (15 Defense + 3 Inspiration) [X+1] = 10 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.

EE01 : Fires @ ZA08
Roll : 10. 20 + (2 Leadership + 2 Dance Fighting + 6 Inspiration + 3 Mighty Blow) - (+2 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Elevation, +4 Cover) [X+11] = Ward destroyed. 13 Hits. Target slain.

EE05 : Fires @ ZA07
Roll : 5. 15 + (2 Leadership + 2 Dance Fighting + 6 Inspiration + 3 Mighty Blow) - (+2 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Elevation, +4 Cover) [X+11] = Ward destroyed. 8 Hits.

EE06 : Fires @ ZA07
Roll : 2. 12 + (2 Leadership + 2 Dance Fighting + 6 Inspiration + 3 Mighty Blow) - (+2 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Elevation, +4 Cover) [X+11] = 13 Hits. Target slain.

EE08 : Fires @ ZA08
Target already slain.

Phase 9
----------
Skeleton SA9: Fire @ EE12.
Roll : 4. X+10 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 2 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+6] = 10 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.

T. Coil: Ickypron @ Gumpt'n3, Gumpt'n5, Gumpt'n8
Roll : 4. 17 Combat + (5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) [X+20] = Ward Destroyed. 8 Hits. Target stunned. (Gumpt'n3:52)
Roll : 7. 20 Combat + (5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) [X+20] = Ward Destroyed. 11 Hits. Target stunned. (Gumpt'n3:49)
Roll : 8. 21 Combat + (5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) [X+20] = Ward Destroyed. 12 Hits. Target stunned. (Gumpt'n3:48)

Phase 8
----------
Elven Warriors Move.

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:23 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:OOC: Now that we've reached 100+ pages, should we consider splitting off to a new thread? (Perhaps after this battle?)
I kinda like having a monstrously long thread, actually. :) If it bothers anyone else, though, let me know and we'll find a good point to start fresh.
MarbitChow

Postby Fkrts » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:31 pm

So we can rush our infantry into a volley of arrows now?

If Comet has access to movement he moves back one square then over torwards Vinny
Fkrts

Postby ETheBoyce » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:34 pm

So they had no response to my goading?
ETheBoyce

Postby 0beron » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Excellent, in my opinion this section went beautifully for us.
As I see it, our priority now is the un-stunned Gump (won't happen until the next turn, with our balista shots) and the remaining archers. The gump is an obvious problem, as for the Archers, once they have lost their range, we have superiority against the remaining melee. Swod, do you have ideas as to how we can go about taking down the rest of their Archers? Or an alternate suggestion entirely if you think my priorities are wrong.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:15 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:So they had no response to my goading?
Neither yours, nor Tod's, appeared to have any effect on them.
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:49 am

KILL THE ARCHER, KILL THE GUMPS! THEN CHAAAARGE!
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:33 am

MarbitChow wrote:(Note: EE12 was killed by Cupid on Phase 12, but was still listed on the roster in error. SA3&4 select EE01 as a target instead.)
Skeleton SA9: Fire @ EE12.
Roll : 4. X+10 Combat + (4 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) - (3 Defense + 3 Inspiration + 2 Dance Fighting + 2 Leadership) [X+6] = 10 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.
It was retconned to death, but we still shot at it? Was that supposd to be EE1 that SA9 fired on during phase 9? It would have been the most wounded archer around at the time since there were no lucky survivors from the level 1 archers after phase 10.

MarbitChow wrote:Gary (GA07): Fire @ Gumpt'n1
Roll : 9. 19 Combat + (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance) - (15 Defense + 3 Inspiration) [X+1] = 10 Hits. Target slain. Team earns 4 XP.
Aren't these worth 10?

We just got new actions for 3 com 7(+9) garrison archers and 6 zed archers (5 have +5 and 1 has +4). Looking at the results of the last update, I see the level 2 archer we shot was no longer operating at full dance fighting, but I don't know if the remainder will have 4, 3, 2, or 1. (I'm guessing 3 or 2 to be the more likely options.) They used mighty blow, so they should only have 7-10 def. Splitting up our archers into 3 groups of 1 garrison archer and 2 zeds per full health archer seems like a good idea. On phase 7, just the garrison archer and one zed fire on each level 2. (Hooray for optimism.) Phase 6 is for the remaining zeds to fire if need be. Comet can help out at phase 4 if need be.

This should be Tyler's last round stacked with units on the roof. We'll need him ready for melee duty after this. Having him burn an action to restack this round may be an option. The garrison warlord can take over the boosting of random roofie units.

If a heck pup standing in W17 were to use pryohalitosis in phase 6, could another unit walk up to it and start dragging it in phase 6? Idea goes like this: I want to use the heck pups to eliminate gumpton 2, but I don't want them placed in actual danger. We send them out in phase 7 and have them all breath on gumpton 2. On phase 6, all but the one standing in W17 (one of the ones in my stack) get back inside. That one breathes on Gumpton 2 again. WA1 has 5 combat, so he can head to V17 and grab the heck pup on phase 6, and then he gets to move again on phase 5. It is a short enough distance to the gate that WA1 can get back to his original position inside the gate on phase 5 despite the 1/2 movement dragging penalty. Once inside he drops off the heck pup.

Would have Junetta use Space-out on an archon count as a breach of the non-aggression clause? Is this what you intended the groove spell to be used for?

Exploring the option of sending the melee out side the gate in mass, if we to hit the enemy warriors with our melee this round, we would have to use the com 5 units' readied and upcoming actions. They'll have 20 def while dodging and 14 if we can make them attack by placing an adjacent unit in range. With dancing and leadership, they'll also have a max of 20 com to attack with. Our com 5s will have +8 from various bonuses. They'll have varying defs and hits, but can only do a likely 0 hits to dodgers, and a likely 6 if we can get their targets to attack.

At the start of next round, it may be time for Will, Cupid, Yuri, and Rolf to start hunting enemy warlords. I'll shout an offer to turn, but these guys don't even have names, so that isn't likely to happen. I ask Wandereus and Junetta if they can name those warlords.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 am

Swod, you do reailze if you move a heck pup to AB 16 he gets to breathe diagionally on gumption 3 & 2 and can't be reached by anything except archery ? And its only 12 move ? So need to drag him back.

There are similar spots at Y16, Y13 and AB13 for retreating heck pups but I don't think AB13 is reachable

In fact we could also retreat the one at Y16 to AC 16 which is another unassailable spot by elves next round.
{edit} and the bonus from there is that he gets to breathe on gumps 5 & 6
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:48 am

So, plan is to target the archers and the unstunnned gump? Leftovers are used to hit the Melee?
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:56 am

The Colonel wrote:So, plan is to target the archers and the unstunnned gump? Leftovers are used to hit the Melee?

That's about the size of it...in my mind at least.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:29 am

Swodaems wrote:It was retconned to death, but we still shot at it? Was that supposd to be EE1 that SA9 fired on during phase 9? It would have been the most wounded archer around at the time since there were no lucky survivors from the level 1 archers after phase 10.
Missed that. That final shot should have been against EE01, not EE12. EE01 is now croaked.

Swodaems wrote:Aren't these worth 10?
Yup. Cut&Paste strikes again!

Swodaems wrote:If a heck pup standing in W17 were to use pryohalitosis in phase 6, could another unit walk up to it and start dragging it in phase 6?
Yes, a unit that acts on 5 could use its delayed action on 6 to grab the heck pup, and move it back in on 5.

Swodaems wrote:Would have Junetta use Space-out on an archon count as a breach of the non-aggression clause?
Using Calm would not count as a breach of the Non-aggressive clause in this circumstance. Using it to capture an archon, however, would count as a breach.

Swodaems wrote:I ask Wandereus and Junetta if they can name those warlords.
Wandereus raises an eyebrow at you. "Sure. I'll call the two near the warriors 'Target' and 'Arrow Magnet', and the ones near the hex border 'Crap Bucket' and 'Toast'." Junetta chuckles, and says, "I'm afraid we're not familiar with these commanders, Chief Warlord."
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Swod, you do reailze if you move a heck pup to AB 16 he gets to breathe diagionally on gumption 3 & 2 and can't be reached by anything except archery ? And its only 12 move ? So need to drag him back.
Pyrohalitosis can target two units at once? Oh, "Targets enemy units as if using Strike/Lunge". I see. For some reason, I remembered this as just being "works like strike". But I think you're actually limiting your choices of squares for the heck pups to stand in too much. I don't blame you. Lunge is the most confusing of the abilities we automatically received at level 4. I had to ask a lot of questions about it.

From way back here:
MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:(How does Lunge work with enemies that take up multiple squares?)
If there is an enemy unit behind the multi-square target, and you are adjacent to the multi-square target, you can strike the secondary unit as well, even though it would normally be out of your range.

Form here:
MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:A question on Lunge: If I was standing in G9 and there were enemies in H10 and I10, could I lunge them both? What if they were standing in H9 and I9 and I was still in G9?)

Lunge works as follows : Pick the 2nd target for Lunge. That target cannot be adjacent to you. If you can draw a straight line between you and that target that can pass through an adjacent enemy's square, and you've got RLOS, you can hit both. So, from G9, you can hit both H10 and I10, or H9 and I9.

The the following examples, T is Tod (or any spearman w/ Lunge), "X" is the primary target, "x" is a valid Lunge target, and "y" is an invalid lunge target.
Code: Select all
Valid Lunge Examples:
..x T.. .T.
TXx .Xx .X.
..x .xx xxx

Invalid Examples:
Ty. T.y
X.. .X.
... ...
Put these definitions together, I believe the result is that we could use the heck pups to hit both 2 & 3 from any square directly adjacent to either of them. MarbitChow, please confirm. By hitting both 2&3 with blasts from all 4 pups in phase 7, we'll easily take out 3 and 2 is 90.20% likely to go down in round 6 if we use another action from one of the heck pups in my stack to hit it again.
MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:If a heck pup standing in W17 were to use pryohalitosis in phase 6, could another unit walk up to it and start dragging it in phase 6?
Yes, a unit that acts on 5 could use its delayed action on 6 to grab the heck pup, and move it back in on 5.
I have a couple questions: Am I right in assuming that a unit desiring to drag another unit only has to reach a square adjacent to that unit, not the square the unit is standing in? Would a unit moving from rough terrain to normal terrain only use one move?

MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:Would have Junetta use Space-out on an archon count as a breach of the non-aggression clause?
Using Calm would not count as a breach of the Non-aggressive clause in this circumstance. Using it to capture an archon, however, would count as a breach.
Capturing would be difficult under the circumstances. To get all 3 of them under the effects of space out at the same time, we would need to have Junetta use delayed action to get 2 of them in the same round and then hit the remaining one in the next round. And if that one is in range to get adjacent to either of the other 2, it could stop us by waking up one of the calmed ones. And then we would have to pay a penalty. (I somehow doubt that Charlie would be kind enough to accept the return of his archons as payment.) The groove scroll might have worked to easily get all 3 of them. We should consider trying to buy another 1 from the magic kingdom in case we want easy captures later.

Since we can safely space out any two archons at a time without them being the last units of their side in the hex, we'll have Junetta space out Faith, the only archon that no other unit on the field can get adjacent to with one round's movement. The archons should only be able to croak 2 alt elves in the next round and 1 in the round after that if Junetta uses space out again. If a calmed unit is awoken by a friendly unit, will it be able to make use of any delayed action it may have received while calmed?

MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:I ask Wandereus and Junetta if they can name those warlords.
Wandereus raises an eyebrow at you. "Sure. I'll call the two near the warriors 'Target' and 'Arrow Magnet', and the ones near the hex border 'Crap Bucket' and 'Toast'." Junetta chuckles, and says, "I'm afraid we're not familiar with these commanders, Chief Warlord."
I raise an amused eyebrow at the pair. "Thank you for trying." I'll wait until right before we start targeting the warlords to shout any surrender offers.

Also, I've noticed that we seem to be forgetting a lot about the potential danger the spearmen could pose. They may not have dance-fighting or well-armed, but if we let all the alt elves croak, the spearmen will eventually hit 21 com +- leadership/attack modifiers. That is good enough to do decent damage to the door and towers.
Swodaems

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games