Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame 3 (closed) - Rules and Discussion

Postby Kaed » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:54 am

At least it's faster than the actual comic, 0beron :)

As for mister Koliup, you should have gotten a first turn yesterday. Maybe he'll do it today.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 am

Kaed wrote:At least it's faster than the actual comic, 0beron :)

I considered making a joke about that :p however in my case that's false, since I always get bursts of activity then a wait. I ended turn 9 on Sept 8th :p
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:48 am

Whereas my turn 8 started sept 15th and it's only just now coming to an end. Guess I'm just more exciting than you are.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Metheglin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:40 am

Sent Koliup his introduction. I intended to take care of it yesterday and so I wrote up a nice little introduction...

... And then didn't send it and subsequently lost it when my computer crashed. D'oh. I should stop procrastinating. Starting tomorrow, of course. :mrgreen:
Metheglin

Postby Koliup » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Heh. Thanks, Metheglin. I replied.
Anyway, I feel like there's something I've forgotten to do. Hmm.
Hehehe. Zombie food.
Oh man. Accounting. I have to make an excel chart for this.
Unit costs up to level 10 supported. All specials. Infantry don't seem to become more expensive; not accounted for.
Adding in resource point/city schmucker generation minus upkeep costs(themselves minus rebate from farms).
Any features I should add?
Okay, it's mostly/completely done. There's a half-functioning courtier function that allows for 5 courtier'd cities. A function giving you the Gross, Overhead, and Net of your side. But no 'next turn' function. Oh well. It also, as said before, lets you count the costs of your units, supporting levels(up to 10) for units that have them.
It does Mills, Mines, Farms. Includes the rebate from farms. But doesn't aid you with mines going explodey, or mills. Sorry.
Last edited by Koliup on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Metheglin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Dang, Koliup is pretty quick to reply. Good man!

... I don't think you've missed anything, but I WOULD like a copy of that. And possibly instructions on its use.
Last edited by Metheglin on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metheglin

Postby Koliup » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Thank you, Metheglin.
Oh Titans this sheet is confusing. I think I've figured out how to use it, though.
Aw man, should not have taken that improptu nap.
Anyway, I'll PM you a link to a place to download the thing. If you're gonna hand it out, please scrub my side's information from it.
Oh, right. Important side note. You'll notice a "No./LEVEL 1:". That's the total number of whatevers that you have. Below that, the levels. Are the levels of each.
So. NO/LEVEL1: 2, then LEVEL 2: 1, then LEVEL 3: 1. Calculates for 2 whatevers, one of which is level 2, and one which is level 3. Simple.

Hehehe. THROW THE SWITCH TO OPEN THE GATES! Wonderful things are in the swamp.
There we go; the end of turn 9. It has taken me a solid day to get here. But I'm all caught up now. I even have great natural allies! They're really expensive, though.

Also, Metheglin; how do you like the tool that I made? Have you figured out how to use it? Are you using it to jack the cost of everything up?
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Metheglin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:15 am

That spreadsheet is flipping awesome. Very helpful! Koliup uploaded it to Mediafire, and I'm going to share it with everyone because it really is helpful. I'm not going to make using it a Titanic mandate, but more of a Titanic strongly-worded suggestion.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?zdwt0ztdlon3cmr

And even if you have to do Mills or Motherlodes manually, that's still dead useful.
Metheglin

Postby Lord of Monies » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:26 am

Might look at it at some point, but I'm old school. Got a pad of paper and a pencil to keep track of my bits, though that is considerably easier since I only have a purse and a stack's upkeep to jot down.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Koliup » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Monies. You'll probably find it useful when you have to add in rebate from farms, farm inclusions, Courtiers, adding new units every turn. Stuff like that.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Lord of Monies » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Nah, there's a reason I'm the Lord of Monies. I'm good with numbers and always keep track of my finances. It's nothing a calculator can't do if my head gets stuck.
Lord of Monies

Postby Koliup » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:42 pm

What are you? Some kind of money.. king? Like a wizard of cash? A sorcerer of dubloons? A.. Moneymancer?

Oh yeah, important note on the management sheet. I mucked up the courtier calculation part.
=sum((E28)*((F28+10)/10))-(E28) is the Courtier 1 total bonus calculation. However, the other Courtiers are missing this calculation, instead having something like..
=sum((E29)*((F29+10)/10)) <== That. What does this mean? Well, it means that your total bonus value is 1100 instead of 100. (Provided a city prod of 1000, and courtier level of 1.)
So, that's going to skew your calculations a bit.
Anyway, all you need to do to fix this is click the Total Bonuses 2-5, and add -(E29) through to -(E32) to the ends of them. -(E29) being for Courtier 2, and -(E32) being for 5.
Anyway, if you find any bugs, report them to me, and I'll figure out how to fix them. If you want a feature added, just tell me.
Last edited by Koliup on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby The Colonel » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Nah don't need it. Why? Cause I'm Asian.
The Colonel

Postby 0beron » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:36 pm

I think Kaed will like this most recent update, it's full of mechanic updates!

• Shackles vanish and prisoners become free if they can leave the hex.
  • Accidental death is at least plausible in Erfworld.
  • Boats have a minimum crew size.
  • Boats must have a crew to move.
  • Non-scout units can hide without foolamancy too.

We also learned that most boots require wind (or oars?) to move, but I think that'd be a pain to implement in this game.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:12 am

To be fair, some of this was common sense. Since Turnamancy is required to give the motion aspect to objects, logically it follows that boats, which are not alive, must be manned or enchanted.

Like, say your florist makes... Oh, a pumpkin carriage. In order for it to move, a turnamancer would need to do some work on it, at which point it becomes a magic item with some mount properties (and since you're riding inside the pumpkin, a defensive bonus XD). Hippymancy doesn't include Motion as an element, see?

So maybe creating boats, which are made of wood, is a natural form of flower power.

I think shackles might be too... I mean, they prevent one from attacking, right?
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:22 am

I agree with everything except the shackles, I think if they're any Natural-mancy, it'd probably be Turn as well. Captured units become, in a sense, part of your side.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:39 am

I don't think they're a natural mancy at all. Natural mancies tend to be concepts or actions, like orders being a natural thinkamancy and building a city being natural moneymancy. Shackles are an object. I can't off the top of my head think of another object associated with a natural mancy. Typically objects are made by or imbued with an actual mancy. Taking prisoners is just another part of war.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 am

A city is Natural Moneymancy and Natural Dirtamancy, and I'd technically classify those as objects as well. As for other objects being naturalmancy, I believe Rations are natural moneymancy as well.
Basically the theme I've noticed is that almost everything in Erfworld is a Natural-something.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 am

Erfworld runs on magic like our world runs on physics. Shackles may not be magic, but magic makes them APPEAR. We're trying to determine what kind.

I don't know about them being turnamancy but... Maybe..
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Safaquel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:14 am

Kaed wrote:Erfworld runs on magic like our world runs on physics. Shackles may not be magic, but magic makes them APPEAR. We're trying to determine what kind.

I don't know about them being turnamancy but... Maybe..

Could be thinkamancy. Explains why they disappear after leaving the hex, also ties in with linked casters Jack, Misty and Maggie being shackled when linked in the beginning of the comic.
Safaquel

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games