Turnamancer powers

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Turnamancer powers

Postby Shai_hulud » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Maybe... I mean, I think Wanda knew the moment she popped that she was a Croackamancer, and I think that she knew she was a Naughtymancer. So at least some of the table could actually be filled in (3 magic schools per "type"). What we would need to find out is how much other information casters pop with. Had Wanda been to the magic kingdom before she had her debate with Olive about MotionVsLife would be something to check into. Also when she learned about the fate axis would be important too.

Also on Croackamncy frog tongues not being in theme... http://residentevil.wikia.com/Licker
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Housellama » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Shai_hulud wrote:Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. Shockamancers can use pantie shots to blind enemy archers. Explain that as Erf and Motion+Matter. The only way it would make sense is if it actually works a little like orgone energy, but...
Edit*
And on Turnamancy, we have no info on its "senses" like we have for Wanda and Sizemore, so I still say my clockwork orange reference is valid.

...it's Magic. That's how it works.

A caster casts a spell. There is a certain process that the caster goes through to invoke that spell. At that time, Erfworld takes over and the spell effects happen. How the spell is cast and what the spell does connected thematically (because Erfworld is built on puns and references) but not necessarily in any other way.

Sizemore cast from a Shockamancy scroll by invoking appropriate Internet memes. Thematically shocking, but only if you get the real world references. Wanda uses video game cheat codes to fire off the Tower's air defenses (which we know are Shockamancy). Different references, same effect. Jack casts a veil by invoking blimps and balloons and bats. The Archons cast a veil by lifting their skirts and opening their tops. Again, different invocation, different references to distractions, same results.

The Axis and Elements involved in a discipline is what that magic can DO. Rob obviously put a lot of thought into making that chart. He didn't do it for no reason. I'm trying to put together the logic behind the chart that Rob made. That's all.
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Ok... so I guess I'm not even actually in disagreement with you about anything. I'm just fascinated by the text updates where Sizemore, Wanda, and Maggie explain their magical senses. I'm fascinated by that sort of thing, even if (or perhaps because) it's all just a lead up to a joke about Charlie giving her a wedgie. There is definitly some sort of weird internal logic behind their magic from their perspective even if it's all a joke to us, and so I'm just waiting for Gene Ray to jump out and explain how time is really just opposite rotating cubes/tesseracts.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld