Darkness Rising - Now Recruiting

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - Now Recruiting

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

WhirdCheese wrote:He wears a yellow robe with blue trim. There is a hood that extends over his head making it impossible to see his face. The sleeves extend down past his hands. The robe drags on the floor. Basically you can't see anything but a robe.
As has been already pointed out, that's a bit too close to Nemo's look, but I think I can get something that matches the concept you've described. That's not your fault, of course, since it's hard to tell what Nemo's look is currently, but that will change shortly. :D

Nnelg wrote:Maybe we should leave the two groups permanently separated?
I'd prefer to keep it more of an open world, to be honest. When I originally started the campaign, I only had a few scenarios in mind: taking the Farm, taking Sunshine Dale/Dis City, exploring the Ruins, and defending Dis City. When I started, I honestly thought that would have been a logical stopping point for the game, since most forum games tend to wane over time.

I think that, going forward, having more, smaller encounters that the groups can split up for, and large-scale battles that everyone is present for, seems like it would make the best combination. Besides, the composition of the two groups right now aren't nearly optimal (2 healers in 1 group, none in the other, for example), so there must be at least one convergence before we split off again.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 pm

0beron wrote:http://qkme.me/3r4kb8

quite caster! [winy rant]
Spoiler: show
I mean really, casters get to play with a whole section of rules devoted to them. being any of the other three builds limits you to just playing around with boosted combat or defense. except for that 9, I would have happily made a hippymancer just to see what it could do. a non caster costs a small amount of UP to replicate, a caster is a "special" unit that is therefore unique.
[/winy rant]
bob the 6th

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:02 am

Actually being a caster gives you less freedom with your build than with non-casters, basically all of your AP has to go to spells AND you are a major target for your enemies. Non casters can be trainers or heavies or dancers, casters are just casters :-p
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:22 am

Not to mention that, as PCs, we're essentially guaranteed to gather levels and keep them whereas npc infantry will be seen as expendable. Bodyguards will come and go, hopefully stay, but I'll make sure I do stay and protect your really squishy centres.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:20 am

Presumably this is where one posts char sheets?

Let's try Zed-too, Warrior: Well-protected (1AP), Beefy (1AP), Guard and Interpose (together cost 1AP).

Resulting stats: 5A, 8D, 22H, 8sqM, 8olM.

Mottos for the character would be "Safety first" (or alternatively, "I like it with the helmet on"). Oversized helmets and shields would be what the character would prefer to wear, but already we know from the image MarbitChow provided that the armor was deemed inadequate.

Based on same image, and my direction for the character, I'd imagine him to have the personality of Courage the Cowardly Dog. Though a Muriel-equivalent is not yet observable.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Based on same image, and my direction for the character, I'd imagine him to have the personality of Courage the Cowardly Dog. Though a Muriel-equivalent is not yet observable.

Anex, maybe? (The woman in Regus' group with the disc that, so I've read, counts as a ranged attack.) Of course, tigerusthegreat determined her personality, and it might not be conductive to that sort of thing.

Playing "Eustace" is probably well-within many of our characters' capabilities, though. :lol:
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Previous

Return to Your Games