Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 am

I might also be open to taking over the last Legionnaire and naming him "Kilroy Jenkins" (I'm expecting at least someone to die, so why not have the mook get a good name and life first? :P )
WaterMonkey314

Postby The Colonel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:48 am

Why? Let the three mooks be the stooges.
The Colonel

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Ok, it looks like all NPCs have become PCs, and an additional PC has been added. Sorry for the delay in getting this started. I want to lock in Luckamancy for the new PC so that he can start using it in this scenario and I can playtest it. Especially since you have no healer, any form of damage mitigation your side can get will be helpful. I hope to start the scenario this evening.
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Fine, I'm Larry "Moe" Curly.
Last edited by The Colonel on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Colonel

Postby bob the 6th » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:36 pm

yippy, lets go kick some marshmallow ass.
bob the 6th

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:00 am

I eat marbits for breakfast....
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:56 pm

"MMM, BREAKFAST" was all the simple minded Whump had to say. Like most heaviest he existed simply to soak up damage fro his allies and crush any enemies he could get his hands on. Any experiments done on him to alter his mind and body often caused some kind of damage.
CroverusRaven

Postby bob the 6th » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:05 pm

so, later the next day...
bob the 6th

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex - Round 1

The next turn, plenty of breakfasty cake rations pop for everyone. Nemo guides the group to rendevous with a Tenebris Luckamancer, Fortunes Chance, who just, er, luckily happened to be nearby. The group nears the hex where the marbits were reported. Strangely, the marbits seem to have been reinforced by some cloth golems! The group gathers at the hex border to discuss their strategy.

Rock formations are impassible and provide a +4 Cover bonus to units standing behind them. All units other than Nemo have 2 Hex Move remaining, which means you can enter the hex, and flee the hex, but cannot re-enter it once you have fled. Nemo's mount has 6 Hex Move remaining, so he can leave and re-enter up to 3 times. Both sides are assumed to be Dodging when they start.

(Note: RP XP has been awarded.)

Tenebris Units
Spoiler: show
Nemo (Nnelg) : Caster {Level 1, 2xp}
[3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Special: Foolamancy (Veil)
Effects: None
Equipment:
    None

Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): Warrior {Level 1, 2xp}
[5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.]
Special: Leadership
Equipment:
    Throwing Spear : Requires Strike. Grants Fire (1 Charge) limited 8 square range

Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : Archer {Level 1, 2xp}
[7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance Fighting.
Equipment:
    None

Whump (CroverusRaven) : Warrior {Level 1, 2xp}
[6 Combat / 7 Defense / 26 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack.]
Special: Heavy
Equipment:
    None

Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): Caster {Level 1, 0xp}
[3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Special: Luckamancy (Lesser Boost)
Effects: (Lesser Boost:1)
Equipment:
    None

Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : Warrior {Level 1, 2xp}
3 AP Banked.
[5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack.]
Special: None
Equipment:
    None

Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : Warrior {Level 1, 0xp}
[5 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack.]
Special: Well-protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose
Equipment:
    None

Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : Warrior {Level 1, 0xp}
3 AP Banked.
Equipment:
    None

Larry "Moe" Curly (The Colonel) : Warrior {Level 1, 0xp}
3 AP Banked.
Equipment:
    None

Anex (NPC) : Archer {Level 1, 0xp}
1 AP Banked.
[10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Special: Well-Armed
Equipment:
    None

Naughty Kitty (Nemo's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.]

Enemy Stats
Spoiler: show
Marbit Archer (MA01) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Marbit Archer (MA02) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Marbit Archer (MA03) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.]
Marbit Spearman (MS01) : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Beefy]
Marbit Spearman (MS02) : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Beefy]
Marbit Warrior (MW01) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy]
Marbit Warrior (MW02) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy]
Splody Mouse Lesser Cloth Golem (SM01) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Construct, Explody]
Splody Mouse Lesser Cloth Golem (SM02) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Construct, Explody]
Pig Lesser Cloth Golem (PG01) : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Construct, Well-Armed]
Pig Lesser Cloth Golem (PG02) : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Construct, Well-Armed]

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:35 pm

so... My first idea would be to have nemo flip the appearances of the party with a veil. none of the targets have leadership, so make our best defended look like casters or archers, and the casters/archers look like warriors.

now, moving on, the archers are the biggest current threat. Rudy can drop one on a average or better attack roll, Anexa can auto kill one, and luck+rudy boosting him by sacrificing defense could probably drop the last.

so idea, use the veil to make the warriors look like the priority targets, move anexa in to get a shot, then move rudy and luck in together to get the other two. finally have reg spear any survivors... thoughts?
bob the 6th

Postby 0beron » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:50 pm

bob the 6th wrote:so... My first idea would be to have nemo flip the appearances of the party with a veil. none of the targets have leadership, so make our best defended look like casters or archers, and the casters/archers look like warriors.

I may be mistaken here, since I'm not an original player, but I believe unled units will engage totally randomly, they won't even figure out which targets are valuable.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:54 pm

0beron wrote:I may be mistaken here, since I'm not an original player, but I believe unled units will engage totally randomly, they won't even figure out which targets are valuable.
Not quite. They'll engage intelligently, but they won't break off combat once they get into hand-to-hand range, and they won't surrender. Ranged units will still take choice targets (at least until there is a melee unit adjacent to them).
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:55 pm

bob the 6th wrote:so... My first idea would be to have nemo flip the appearances of the party with a veil. none of the targets have leadership, so make our best defended look like casters or archers, and the casters/archers look like warriors.
now, moving on, the archers are the biggest current threat. Rudy can drop one on a average or better attack roll, Anexa can auto kill one, and luck+rudy boosting him by sacrificing defense could probably drop the last.
so idea, use the veil to make the warriors look like the priority targets, move anexa in to get a shot, then move rudy and luck in together to get the other two. finally have reg spear any survivors... thoughts?

You'll need to remember to factor in Dodging and Cover. Dodging is a +4 Defense boost for the marbits (they're all "level 0"), and cover is another +4 (units behind a rock or another unit get cover). Also remember that Veil only lasts until the 1st attack.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:58 pm

And I would hope they are to stupid to consider that it might be a veil... but it seems to be a trick that might win us the time needed to drop their range, after witch we can drop the mouses, and really just mob up the rest of the force. the range is just the biggest initial threat, and we can take it down, probably in a round.
edit: missed your double post... so, for the rocks, is it that a rock provides cover if a line between the units intersects a rock? that will make this suck if it is true...
and the dodge drops when they shoot, so once they shoot at the "casters and archers"(vield dodging wariors), they stop dodging.
bob the 6th

Postby bob the 6th » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:26 pm

edit: missed your double post... so, for the rocks, is it that a rock provides cover if a line between the units intersects a rock? that will make this suck if it is true...
and the dodge drops when they shoot, so once they shoot at the "casters and archers"(vield dodging wariors), they stop dodging.
bob the 6th

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:37 pm

bob the 6th wrote:for the rocks, is it that a rock provides cover if a line between the units intersects a rock?
Only if the rock is adjacent to the unit. Random rocks don't provide cover. (So, at the moment, only the mice have cover from the rocks.)

Note that units ALSO provide cover to units behind them as part of the standard cover rules. Right now, only the warriors and the pig golems do not have cover.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:59 pm

unless the melee moves to attack the new "targets of opportunity" and the attack squad delays to +1... Anexa can double attack as the highest combat unit, and drop two of the archers. using his attack buffs on luck(boosting him to a 10), and with lucks double roll, they should drop all three before they can respond.
the archers will have a 7 def, and ten hits. anexa does 2d6+4, so should one shot them, and luck would do 2d6+5, also likly one shots. the other fire units can mop up, but they act later...

we could have the warriors form a wall to give "cover" to the casters... a +4 should keep the archers at least from being one shotted...

any one else have any thoughts?
bob the 6th

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Whump's a functional meat shield. I can have one of our ranged characters stay behind me, also keeping any of their melee who charge in from getting past.

Not much input beyond that. The mice need to be taken out from a distance so they don't get a chance to go off and hurt our guys.

Do we know hoe big their explosion is, and would it hurt allied units? (i.e. if the mice are near other enemies, would killing them make them explode, and would their explosion damage the other golems and the marbits)
CroverusRaven

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:11 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:Do we know hoe big their explosion is, and would it hurt allied units? (i.e. if the mice are near other enemies, would killing them make them explode, and would their explosion damage the other golems and the marbits)

The new rules are on Page 11 of the "Darkness Rising - Rules" thread (link in sig). Explody units don't explode when they die unless they've also got Volatile. When they explode, they damage any adjacent unit (so, any square touching theirs). Their explosion damages friend and foe equally, but odds are they'll only trigger it when next to an enemy unit and away from their own.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 pm

yeah, but they are lower priority I think... 2 casters with 1 def and 4 hits will die with one archer attack, no matter what. most of the front line can take 12 damage without instant death...
bob the 6th

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games