Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby Nnelg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:22 pm

bob the 6th wrote:yeah, but they are lower priority I think... 2 casters with 1 def and 4 hits will die with one archer attack, no matter what. most of the front line can take 12 damage without instant death...

If I'm not mistaken, at level 1 I have only enough Juice for 8 veils a turn. I want to save at least one just in case, but I think we should do at least three to start: one on each of the casters to make them look less squishy, and one on Whump to try and make him a target. (Maybe he should look like Coil, then?) Hm... Maybe even curse him, if we want to push our luck (pun intended) and start building up positive Karma.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm tentative about being Cursed, but I trust I have enough Defense and Hits that unless I am completely focused I should survive. I'm willing to go along with that.

Edit: Having re-read the Luckamancy stuff, I have no complaints abount being cursed. I'm made to soak hits, which if I'm the one that is cursed it won't matter till I go punch something, at which point the curse will trigger and our side will gain some karma.

So, once the caster's have done to me whatever they plan on doing, I think I'll want to move to H2 so I can take cover behind some rocks.

Maybe we should have the tanky folk move in and take cover, wait for their ranged to take their shotsies and their melee to move up, then we can bring in out ranged next turn to take out theirs (who won't be able to dodge). Me behind cover and dodging makes my defense alone 15, if I'm reading the modifiers right.

But Whump is designed to follow orders so I'll leave it up to our warlord how to best use me.
CroverusRaven

Postby tigerusthegreat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:07 am

You know, as long as we use cover intelligently, those archers are only effectively 3 combat,and a fairly low threat (their range is their only asset. and if we use cover intelligently, it turns into a disadvantage).

Think our priorities should be:

Splody Mouse (because they can deal AOE damage to us)
Pig (because they are the best combat units on the enemy side)
Archers (best range of whats left)
Spearmen (best range of whats left)
Warrior (what's left)
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:10 am

well... I was thinking keep the party mixture the same so they couldn't tell the difference... but yeah, make whump and zed-too into casters, and lucks chance into whump. 3 juce, 5 left.

also, we want to save the luck's action, so he can act on combat +1 next round, along with the other two archers. as said, between the two they should drop all archers with two attacks(one at combat +1, and another as they have the most combat. unless that is not how it works.

edit: I guess... still, +7 combat is scary when we are carrying around casters. still, with leadership and cover, they should be in the negatives. Also, if we are going after the mice, Rudy can get A to combat 17... +4 against mice dodging with cover. still, with a luck boost, might be able to drop a mouse. if the mouse moves though, we could get to some serious smashing.
bob the 6th

Postby The Colonel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 am

So, do i enter the hex as a frontliner?
The Colonel

Postby LTDave » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:59 am

Wegio Wegion enters the hex, and moves to H1.

"Enough jibber jabber. Squishy mar-things die now."
LTDave

Postby The Colonel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:05 am

Moe enters the hex and moves to J5, singing a song as he goes.

f is for friends who do things together,
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:05 am

tigerusthegreat would you mind if I have a go at taking over Lady Anex ? I know she's your creation so I'll take direction on how you want her played but as she's the only named NPC I thought it would be better if there was someone behind the mask and she wasn't just thought of as a "redshirt"...plus it gives me a chance to get in on the action too.
Werebiscuit

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:10 am

The Colonel wrote:Moe enters the hex and moves to J5, singing a song as he goes.

LTDave wrote:Wegio Wegion enters the hex, and moves to H1.

Hm, would a caster have authority over some mercenaries? If so, Nemo will order them to stop before crossing the hexside until we have at least the resemblance of a plan in mind; or if not he'll tell Regus to order to order them such.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:17 am

Nnelg wrote:
The Colonel wrote:Moe enters the hex and moves to J5, singing a song as he goes.

LTDave wrote:Wegio Wegion enters the hex, and moves to H1.

Hm, would a caster have authority over some mercenaries? If so, Nemo will order them to stop before crossing the hexside until we have at least the resemblance of a plan in mind; or if not he'll tell Regus to order to order them such.

Note : From the comic and other Darkness thread Casters are considered commanders without leadership. However...Tenebris units have "free will" and do not have to submit to duty in following leaders commands.
Werebiscuit

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 am

Except... They aren't Tenebris units, they're mercenaries. I mean, I completely understand why such a rule would exist and be necessary for an RPG like this; I'm just trying to keep those two from pulling a Leroy Jenkins.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 am

Nnelg wrote:Except... They aren't Tenebris units, they're mercenaries. I mean, I completely understand why such a rule would exist and be necessary for an RPG like this; I'm just trying to keep those two from pulling a Leroy Jenkins.

:lol: They've just been hired by Tenebris...which means their upkeep is paid by Tenebris, ergo, they ARE Tenebris units. The corollary also applies that so are you...therefore you are "free" to try to stop them ;)
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 am

BOO, you're no fun! says Moe as he stops moving.
The Colonel

Postby tigerusthegreat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 am

Werebiscuit you're welcome to take over Anex. In this world, Regus popped as a regular commander, and she was never promoted to a command position, she just is a regular archer who was assigned to Regus's squad (romance may or may not have happened, not sure yet).

Regus gives a hard look to those trying to suicidally charge ahead without a firm plan. "Thought I trained you better than that."

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:59 am

"Suicide charge? Who ever thought of that?! We're doing fine out here. In fact, must we really get in the hex? Seems like a bad idea with those splody mice around."

(Nonetheless, Zed-2 enters the hex by moving forward two hexes in the direction given by the latest picture update. No, he doesn't appreciate being in the open, but presumably squishier units need rock protection. Also, if any other unit gets behind Zed-2 they will receive Guard and Interpose protection.)

"Things I do for Duty."
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 am

Ok then, for the rest of us, I have a plan in mind now.

If Zed 2 can't take his action back, he's pretty much toast. The rest of us still have to get a bit more organized, apply buffs, etc. For instance, if Zed 2 was still available, he'd probably have been assigned to bodyguard Fort. So now we'll need to hold Fort back until Zed 2 can move to a better position.

Similarly, we need Rudy and Anex paired together so the latter can take advantage of the former's support. In fact, we should stack them with Regus to get some leadership bonuses going there. Nemo will be in this stack too, because his mount can absorb damage (in fact, it can absorb so much we may want to use it as a tank).

So, if nobody objects then Nemo (and his mount), Rudy, Anex and Regus will be forming one stack, with everyone else (including Zed 2) in another. Whump will be veiled as Fort, and Fort as Whump. Luckamancy (de)buffs have not yet been determined. Specifics will have to wait, because I have classes.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 am

ok, so the plan you are demanding? right now we seem to want to keep out the casters, move in the veild tanks, have the archers delay and double attack to drop at least one mouse, mmmmaaayyybbbeee two(if insanely lucky).

actualy, boosting Anexa might be wise, as we need high rolls from her...
bob the 6th

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 am

To be clear: I'm not going to be online all the time, so for when you guys eventually DO order people to move in, in the interests of expediency, I've set orders for Zed-2 to carry out in that eventuality.

Which are, do not attempt to use rocks for cover (leave that for someone else), move a modest distance forward and apply Guard/Interpose to a unit requesting it.

Until you do decide to move in, feel free to apply any buffs and stack structure. Zed-2 is outside with y'all until that decision to move in is made.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby tigerusthegreat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 am

Once stacking/buffing is done, Regus will move to I9

Last Updated 4/09/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am

Just a few additional notes for new players, in case things aren't clear:

A stack is limited to 8, but other than leadership / dance fighting bonuses, stacks have no other effect currently. It makes sense to put as many people into a stack that has leadership as you can, since there's no down-side.
Square Movement only starts once you enter the hex. Your current positions outside the hex don't matter towards that. You can enter the hex at any point along the wall and that counts as your 1st square.
In the old rules, the mount could move both before and after the rider acted. This is forbidden in the new rules unless the mount as the appropriate Ability now.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games