Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 am

bump and improtent question... does a charicter acting on combat+1 also act on its combat in that round?
bob the 6th

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 am

bob the 6th wrote:bump and improtent question... does a charicter acting on combat+1 also act on its combat in that round?
Yes, but note that the round starts when the attackers initiate it. Attackers don't have delayed actions (although the defenders do), and cannot enter the field sooner than their combat score.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:45 am

so the archer pair needs to enter then delay... or just enter and attack. ok, makes sense.
bob the 6th

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:54 am

Yup, What marbit's trying to say is that We can't act on Combat+1 until we've actually delayed ( i.e. round 2)...which we can't do until we're in hex (and thus in Marbit crossbow range ...or splody mouse range had the Colonel actually went to J5) :shock:

Delaying in hex isn't a good option until we've got rid of their ranged attacks.

Marbit....as I'm probably going to take over Anex...can I spend her AP on Mighty blow & support ?

Unless anyone else is spending on dance-fight ?
Werebiscuit

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Rudy has it... and is hurting for a stack of archers with his same build. they would be frikin sweet! but, as of now, two dancefighters just makes it +1/+1. mighty blow might be a better plan.
bob the 6th

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:47 pm

Well then, my plan is to actually use Nemo for fire support as well, since his mount can take any ranged hits for him. Whump, who'll be tanking it for us, should be unstacked so as to be more of a target. (I don't expect a bunch of marbits to sit around wondering why on erf a high-level shockamancer is running around unstacked... They'll just see an attractive target.)

As for Zed 2, he should be Fort's dedicated bodyguard. So it'd be better if he just delays until the round Fort moves, then moves up beside him to provide defensive boosts. (In fact, since we're likely to delay Fort anyways, he should just move up beside him now.

Quick question, then:
Will casting a spell dispell a veil?

If not, we can bring Fort in for support, perhaps on round 2. Otherwise we may wish to withold him until the enemy archers are croaked.

When we move, Whump should take the first action and move to L3 and dodge. Hopefully SM01 will move up and explode; dealing 2d6 damage which Whump can easily soak.

Also, I think Fort's first target should be the other Splody Mouse. We really don't want it to deal 10 or more damage to multiple units.
Last edited by Nnelg on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 pm

well... 2d6 is kinda scary on a 14 hp unit. one crit and he is nearly dead, and we got no healer, so ever hit sticks. might be better to buff Anexa and move her and Rudy in to take a shot at the mouse. or to move in the naughty kitty unmounted, as it can take an unholy amount of punishment. perhapce remount it with Reguss for leadership so it can disengage.
bob the 6th

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 pm

bob the 6th wrote:well... 2d6 is kinda scary on a 14 hp unit.

Whump has 26 Hits. He could take both Splody Mice and then some.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Nnelg wrote:Will casting a spell dispell a veil?
Yes. Any attack or spell cancels any foolamancy on the unit (veil, invisibility, etc.).

Also, note that (in the current rules) you cannot determine who is stacked and not stacked, so there's no advantage to keeping someone unstacked. It can't be used as a determining factor until after the unit has attacked and the other side can see the bonus that was applied.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 pm

thats what I get for reading one entry and assuming. then yeah, throw whump in dodging behind a rock. the archery can do nothing, and the mice will do little. get rid of mouse one, move in the archers to take mouse two, move in nemo along with the rest of the wariors to start the battle proper. I suggest holding fort until we drop the archers...
bob the 6th

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Yeah, 26 Hits means I can survive a lot. Keep me stacked, move me up so I'll get cover behind a rock and then have me dodging. I'll be the closest person to them, and look like a caster. If we're lucky they'll throw everything they can at me.
CroverusRaven

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:25 pm

then start rolling up the non dodging units... move in the casters, and beat the living daylights out of there melee.
bob the 6th

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Whump is going to becoming a large bag of HP as he levels. Should be fun to watch in the future.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm

LTDave wrote:Wegio Wegion enters the hex, and moves to H1.

"Enough jibber jabber. Squishy mar-things die now."

Wegio Wegion enters the hex, and moves to H1.

OOC: If someone wants to issue orders, then they should, and Wegio will choose to obey them or not.
I have two issues:
1. I'm in a different time zone to most of the other players (GMT +10 - it is Thursday morning here as I write this) so I won't be able to be a part of the back and forth discussion - instead, when I log on there is usually twenty posts to wade through, none of which make a lot of sense.
2. I'm okay with a broad set of plans, and then lots of doing stuff. If we sit and think and count and calculate and debate and then think and count and debate again this game is going to drag on for months. I personally think it should be a 24 hour turn around, with folks logging on, making a bold decision, and then eating the consequences. The comic shows rapid action in combat, not meticulous planning for every sword stroke.

So, I'm moving to H1.

IC:

"Legionaiws, follow me! Those 'bits have loot, and I want my share."
LTDave

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 pm

but sneakiness... and tanks...

fine, plan as I see it

everyone delays till combat 3, Nemo casts veil to make Whump look lit T. coil. Whump enters and moves to H8, everyone else delays to combat 2.

more orders come as a reaction. feel free to add or remove from these orders.
bob the 6th

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 pm

One final note (mostly for the luckamancer): you've got as much time before the fight starts as you want, so hand out as many lesser boosts as you'd like (subject to your maximum Juice) now. During the fight, each boost / curse takes your action.
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 pm

No, Whump needs to go to L5, so that he can soak the first Splody Mouse's damage. Another possible change is if Fort wants to curse Whump beforehand, to help generate some good karma. And Whump should move in as soon as he can.

Other than that, though, I find no problems with this plan.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:18 am

Kilroy will use his 3 banked APs to buy 3 x Well-protected.

He then charges into the hex, moving to K8, yelling "KILLLLROY JENKINS!!!"
WaterMonkey314

Postby tigerusthegreat » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:20 am

Additional Abilities are unique modifiers. Each can only be purchased once.

Unless I missed an exception.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby The Colonel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:15 am

Is it wise to learn heavy?
The Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games