Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby 0beron » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:47 am

Agreed, I'm inclined to ignore the offer, but we certainly shouldn't waste shots to hasten the Alt Elves deaths.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:50 pm

I am of course exaggerating slightly. Just slightly ...

Exate wrote:I don't know that the handful of XP and vicious sense of satisfaction are worth {...}

The vicious sense of satisfaction is always worth it :twisted:

But seriously, since that's not a contract, there's little to actually hold Charlie to that word either.

Anyway, moving on with the battle. I take it the consensus so far is to not send in our melee, since the Elven troops are still far away.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:28 pm

Given that Yuri's yelled something about Charlie, Archons, and Screamy elves or something of the sort, Triage decides not to Ward any of the elves.
WaterMonkey314

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Fair call. Maybe Triage should ask Yuri what the screaming was about?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:19 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Given that Yuri's yelled something about Charlie, Archons, and Screamy elves or something of the sort, Triage decides not to Ward any of the elves.
Triage, and anyone on the tower with Yuri, is close enough to hear his exact words ("You! Is going to Chief, telling him Charlie offer thousand secret schmuckers for letting tiny flying women blast crying elves, no problems. Elf king paying them five hundred per croakings and they is wanting to look better. Go!"). Are there any other moves for the rest of the turn? What are the orders for the high-level artillery (Yuri, William, Cupid and Rolf) next turn?
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:47 am

MarbitChow wrote:What are the orders for the high-level artillery (Yuri, William, Cupid and Rolf) next turn?

Isn't this a bit premature given that troop maneuvers will occur? Anyway, what happened to the spearmen close to WE03? Will had them shot, I think, or was supposed to shoot them.

If said spearmen are gone, then how about Will tries to croak WE03, and if first shot is croaking, attacks WE04.

If said spearmen are still there, then Will attacks them, as planned.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Okay, can someone tell me when the first Elven unit will act, and when our first melee unit will act? I kinda wanna get things moving....and I seem to be one of the few currently paying attention to actual unit orders rather than general strategy.
Once I have that info, then we can divide our next actions into 2 groups. 1) all of our PCs with high Com who will attack early before melee begins, followed by 2) the clash between the opposing melee groups (which will be done when we can send out OUR melee with 2 actions)
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Elves:
The Gumptions would gain (and lose) their action on Phase 21.
The Combat 8 Warriors all gain an action on Phase 14 now.
All other units are, I believe, Combat 5, so they'd gain an action on Phase 11.

Your melee units act on their unmodified Combat.
The first ones who could act are the Level 2 Heavies, which gain an action on Phase 11 as well.

Charlie's units go on 15 & 14, so it's probably safe to assume that the Elven Warriors won't act until 13, so they could get the next round of Inspiration buffs.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Okay, so general question to Marbit and the other PCs, who on our side acts in Com 12 or higher? Because that is who is up next.

By my account, the following are in that group:
Rolf (Were)
William (BLAND)
Cupid (Herbie)
Yuri (Exate)
T. Coil (Ethe)

Have I missed anyone?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:00 pm

0beron wrote:Okay, can someone tell me when the first Elven unit will act, and when our first melee unit will act? I kinda wanna get things moving....and I seem to be one of the few currently paying attention to actual unit orders rather than general strategy.
Once I have that info, then we can divide our next actions into 2 groups. 1) all of our PCs with high Com who will attack early before melee begins, followed by 2) the clash between the opposing melee groups (which will be done when we can send out OUR melee with 2 actions)

I kinda want to get things moving too but there are in reality 3 groups (4 if you count the elves){hells- 5 if you want to count the archons } :evil: and they each appear to be waiting to see who'll do what first

Group 1 ( players who still have actions this round) - Fkrts, Watermonkey314, the Colonel & yourself who all have fire actions. Now these characters/players CAN delay till after the elves but that means the elves will have even more defense. I thought Watermonkey's order/brainstorm was spectacular and that the colonel has a tough decision on whether to drink a potion or cast...or even fire but we seem to be delaying both of these too. If Bill delays the cast much longer he'll have lost a round of fire as skeleton archers fire on phase zero of the round they're created. Personally I'd prefer he drank a potion but he seems to not know what to do ( and I can understand his confusion)

Group 2 (high com) who will attack before the elves. Will, Rolf Cupid & Yuri in that order. Right now Rolf will follow orders but thinks our tactics are being dictated by the elves in that we're switching targets before we've nullified the threat. These will act on phase 34, 21, 20 & 16
currently they are set to take out 3 spearmen and 2 commander (leadership) units

Group 2a( or 3 if we're counting archons) Buffy & Rona (and Faith) will go on phase 15 and this is where the sticking point is as we're currently (Marbit included) waiting to give Swodaems the chance to accept the archons kickback as it'll make a pretty substantial difference to our chances of saving a tower...maybe two.

Group 2b (4 if blah blah elves) Their melee will go on phases 14 & 11 depending on com but still before our archers & foot (melee). Currently they look like they're heading for Rolf's tower but with our doors still open and unlikely to close before phase 15, who can tell ? Luckily they can't damage to tower much but the doors could be a different matter since they're likely to be com 18-20 by the time they act. I doubt they can reach the doors this round though.

Group 3 Our archers & melee. After phase 11. Even if they delay our melee won't get 2 actions UNLESS their melee move towards the doors as we won't be able to reach anything to hit after the 1st move and so lose the action to take the 2nd move.. this means we might as well move our melee NOW to try to attract them away from the tower. yes it means they can hit us (while we're dodging) but it also means we can respond as they hit and also on our phase 5 (Round 3) after they hit. [can you confirm this bit Marbit?]

I'm fairly certain that's the way things stand
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:20 pm

You're correct Were, when I said 2 groups, I just meant the next 2 to go, so that we can resolve the combat in chunks.
Now as for my own action, I'll take it somewhere in with our heavy hitters. I'm basically useless now, so I'll just try and do cleanup if our heavy hitters leave a lucky unit with just 1 or 2 hits. I figure our other units with low Com who take fire actions will do the same. So I am assuming that those 4 units you listed with leftover actions are currently delaying, and we'll decide what to do once they heavy hitters have been given orders.

So the question now is what do we do with the heavy hitters?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Ok the first thing we need to resolve is Bill as the rest can delay to go with the heavy hitters without any consequences. Bill has consequences if he does not cast a Bone puppeteer (8 juice-leaving him 3 juice)this round (round 2) in that his skeleton misses a chance to get off a round of fire.

However the real question is "Are we better off in having him drink a (+20 juice) potion this round so that he can use Pall Raiser (12 juice)to raise 2 skeletons next and subsequent rounds ?" I think the answer is yes but it's not my thoughts that matter
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:However the real question is "Are we better off in having him drink a (+20 juice) potion this round so that he can use Pall Raiser (12 juice)to raise 2 skeletons next and subsequent rounds ?" I think the answer is yes but it's not my thoughts that matter

I agree that it's better for Bill to drink a potion, however ultimately that is his call.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Group 3 Our archers & melee. After phase 11. Even if they delay our melee won't get 2 actions UNLESS their melee move towards the doors as we won't be able to reach anything to hit after the 1st move and so lose the action to take the 2nd move.. this means we might as well move our melee NOW to try to attract them away from the tower. yes it means they can hit us (while we're dodging) but it also means we can respond as they hit and also on our phase 5 (Round 3) after they hit. [can you confirm this bit Marbit?]
If they move on Phase 6 and attack, you can respond simultaneously, but will lose your dodge in the process. In order to dodge their attack, then counter attack, you have to wait until the next phase, thus losing your delayed action. Does that answer your question?
MarbitChow

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 am

Werebiscuit wrote:Group 1 ( players who still have actions this round) - Fkrts, Watermonkey314, the Colonel & yourself who all have fire actions. Now these characters/players CAN delay till after the elves but that means the elves will have even more defense. I thought Watermonkey's order/brainstorm was spectacular and that the colonel has a tough decision on whether to drink a potion or cast...or even fire but we seem to be delaying both of these too.

I don't believe I'm delaying it - more like I'm refraining from casting because of Charlie's non-interference kickback. I thought there was a consensus on going for that.
WaterMonkey314

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:12 am

WaterMonkey314 wrote:I don't believe I'm delaying it - more like I'm refraining from casting because of Charlie's non-interference kickback. I thought there was a consensus on going for that.

Well you're still delaying. I think there is far from a consensus, it's just been kicked over to Swod instead...and he's not answering.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:Group 1 ( players who still have actions this round) - Fkrts, Watermonkey314, the Colonel & yourself who all have fire actions. Now these characters/players CAN delay till after the elves but that means the elves will have even more defense. I thought Watermonkey's order/brainstorm was spectacular and that the colonel has a tough decision on whether to drink a potion or cast...or even fire but we seem to be delaying both of these too.

I don't believe I'm delaying it - more like I'm refraining from casting because of Charlie's non-interference kickback. I thought there was a consensus on going for that.

I'd agree that you're not intentionally delaying, merely waiting like the rest of us for the chief warlords acceptance/rejection of it. As far as consensus goes I think it's a bad move as it quickly (within 2 rounds) puts their warriors in siege-like territory where they can damage structures and gives spearmen that opportunity a round later forcing us to try to wipe out their entire force before they can batter down 2 towers one of which is already half collapsed or the doors which wont stand their current force.
It will be a close run thing..and if the elves have any more tricks to keep us chasing targets...such as Armolad re-entering & boosting their attack (I know she doen't affect siege but tell our melee that !). Then they may well take down the 2 towers before we finish them off.

I do believe however that Swod was considering accepting their offer. Bland seems set against it as does 0beron. So I don't see a concensus, especially not for it.

If we can keep some alt elves safe...for even a round or two... it gives us some breathing space to take down their force before their stats climb higher.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:I do believe however that Swod was considering accepting their offer. Bland seems set against it as does 0beron. So I don't see a concensus, especially not for it.

Agreed, that puts at least 3 of us vocally opposed. The threat their melee poses with those boosts is scary, and the money doesn't make up for it. Plus, I dislike giving Charlie what he wants on mere principle. I doubt we'd upset him too much taking this course, if anything I assume he might secretly admire our cunning.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Bland seems set against it

Seems?! :lol:
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:40 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:Bland seems set against it

Seems?! :lol:

Yup that's what I took from :
BLANDCorporatio wrote:For my (OOC) money, fuck Charlie and the horse he rode in on. The deal is crap, it stinks of a bit of an ass-pull, and I like Watermonkey314's idea as a genuine out-of-the-box spark.
:P Why ? Did I misread your intent ? ;) You know it can be hard to detect sarcasm in a printed forum without the use of emoticons :twisted:
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games