Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:47 am

Regus could just move to j5 instead. I wouldn't waste a splody mouse on one target, but that's just me, and I'm not marbit.

Unless someone else has a better position for me to head to?
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 am

tigerusthegreat wrote:Regus could just move to j5 instead. I wouldn't waste a splody mouse on one target, but that's just me, and I'm not marbit.

Unless someone else has a better position for me to head to?

*facepalms*
So instead of heading where just one mouse can get you...you want to go where both can hit ? :roll:

Imagine they're suicide bombers...if they don't get into position to blow one of us up then we're likely to kill them...and then they've lost their chance.
Now unless we cluster around beyond the i-line they'll only get one...so one target is probably acceptable...unless we're stupid enough to give them 2 targets.
oh but wait... with Whump at L3 and Regus at J5 ..if the splody mouse can get to K4 he gets them both. :shock:

Wait it get's better... for them... the other splody mouse can go on phase 4 aaanndd get to...wait for it... ah , you['ve guessed it, K4 dealing them both another 2d6..and then on phase 3 some crossbows just to tenderise whats left before the cloth golem PG02 arrives on phase 2 for his snack.
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 am

I was assuming you couldnt move diagonal through an obstacle. In that case, somewhere in the h row wouls be smarter

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 am

tigerusthegreat wrote:I was assuming you couldnt move diagonal through an obstacle. In that case, somewhere in the h row wouls be smarter

You can't move diagonal through an obstacle you can move diagonally by it even though it appears you're going through part of it.

However, we should be grateful as you've just pointed out that the position at L3 is not safe unless CroverusRaven thinks Whump can handle 2 splody mice, 3 crossbow shots and a cloth golem. That's about 12d6 :!:
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:28 am

How about G10....don't think anything can hit me there and I have cover from marbits.

Last Updated 4/09/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:23 pm

I mean, Whump will be Dodgind, and if he's in cover he has relatively high defense from those crossbows. Ultimately I'll let it be the call of the Leadership if they want me to try soaking that much damage.
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:47 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:I mean, Whump will be Dodgind, and if he's in cover he has relatively high defense from those crossbows. Ultimately I'll let it be the call of the Leadership if they want me to try soaking that much damage.

Ok Whump has 7 Def +6 for dodging and +1 for leadership giving him a grand total of 14.
That is totally ignored by the splody mice which can both get to K4 on phases 5 & 4 giving him 4d6 of damage for an average of 14 hits.

The Marbits can then move to beside cloth golem PG02 and fire down the diagonal incurring no cover penalty doing 2d6 + (7 com -14 def) or 2d6-7. The average on these rolls is zero but all they have to do is roll 8 on 2d6 to do further damage. What do you think the chances of 3 such rolls being under 8 ?...so the archers are likely to do 1 or 2 damage.

Both cloth golems can reach him... PG02 getting to L4 and PG01 getting to M4. Both will do 2d6-6 for an average 1 each.
So it's likely he'll survive on 18 damage. Unless he is lesser cursed or actually tries to hit back...whereupon he loses +6 dodging.
He may still survive a lesser curse as it will do only a max of +5 damage putting him on 23 at maxiumum.

But consider that if we get a reasonably good roll of 18 on 4d6 (spread 4-24) instead of the 14 then that's him toast. Since the 4d6 is actually now 5d6 minus a low d6 roll. It also means we have to take down both cloth golems before they can strike him again in round 2....as they go before most of us :shock:
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Croverus it becomes a lot easier if Whump moves to L2 instead of L3 as SM02 can't reach him and he'll get +4 def from the rock at M3 on the crossbows meaning they'll do 2d6- 11. So they have to roll double 6's to damage him. He'll end up taking about 11 damage instead of 20.

The good news is that Anex has a chance of 1-shotting a golem with her 2nd shot (on phase 10) as she will do 2d6+7 for an average of 14 ( they've 14 hits).
The bad news is that I'm more likely to go for a marbit crossbow as the moment she shoots her defence drops from 14 (in the 1st round) to 6 and the crossbows become deadly to her at 2d6+1 instead of unlikely to damage at 2d6 -7 as they will be in the 1st round.

Don't worry tho.. just keep dodging. ;) Once the crossbowmarbits are dead the golems are toast :twisted:
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Croverus it becomes a lot easier if Whump moves to L2 instead of L3 as SM02 can't reach him and he'll get +4 def from the rock at M3 on the crossbows meaning they'll do 2d6- 11. So they have to roll double 6's to damage him. He'll end up taking about 11 damage instead of 20.

The good news is that Anex has a chance of 1-shotting a golem with her 2nd shot (on phase 10) as she will do 2d6+7 for an average of 14 ( they've 14 hits).
The bad news is that I'm more likely to go for a marbit crossbow as the moment she shoots her defence drops from 14 (in the 1st round) to 6 and the crossbows become deadly at 2d6+1 instead of unlikely to damage at 2d6 -7 as they will be in the 1st round.

Don't worry tho.. just keep dodging. ;) Once the crossbowmarbits are dead the golems are toast :twisted:

I like this plan. It does exactly what Whump would want to do, and it should work because they'll see a caster rushing to hide behind a boulder and think I'm a serious threat.

Also it has a high chance of Whump surviving.
CroverusRaven

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Sounds like a plan has officially formed. If someone would like to take the time to summarize all the participants' actions into one post, it would be most appreciated. If not, no worries; I'll sift through the responses tomorrow morning when I run the turn.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Looking through now for a summary:

Here is what has been stated so far (I decided stack order, but it seems to be about what we need)

Stack:
Leader: Regus (5 combat, lvl 1, bonus +1 com, +1 def) [Move to G10, Dodge]
Members:
Fortune's Chance (3 Combat) [No orders given]
Nemo (3 Combat) With Naughty Kitty [No orders given]
Wegio (5 Combat) [move to H1]
Whump (6 combat) [Move to L2, Dodge]
Rudy Eye (7 combat) [No orders given]
Anex (10 Combat) [Move to G12, Dodge]

Not Stacked:
Zed-Too (5 Combat) [Move to G3?]
Kilroy Jenkins (5 Combat) [move to K8]
Larry 'Curly' Moe (5 Combat) [Move to J5?]

Actions before enterring hex (as far as I have read):
Veil Whump to look like T. Coil
Lesser Curse on Whump
Lesser Boost on Anex
Last edited by tigerusthegreat on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last Updated 4/09/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Looks like there's also a lesser boost on Anex. (Up to 8 lesser boosts / curses can be distributed on the Tenebris side before combat starts, if you all want to dish out a few more.)
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Brief interlude- Zed 2 will guard Regus, as indicated, in a hex not reachable by Splody.

Also, I'll be away from keyboard until some time Sunday. See y'all then.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:16 pm

I highly recommend that everyone but Whump withdraws their orders. (If I'm not mistaken, Whump would get the first move anyways.)

It would be to our advantage to see what the enemy does before committing to anything. And when we do move in, it should be all at once and not one at a time.

My plan is this: on Phase 6, Whump moves in and soaks as much damage as he can. Whump's got so many hit's he's only really in danger if everything attacks him. I don't think that'll happen, but if it does it'll still be a net positive for our side since we'll then be able to act with complete impunity.

Everyone else will be moving in one wave on phase 4, hopefully after most of the enemy has wasted their actions. Where we come in will depend on the enemy's reaction to Whump.

Werebiscuit wrote:If Zed-2 is moving to protect Regus like I asked he will need every point he can muster...and that includes Regus's leadership boost to Com & Def. Since Zed -2 could be attacked by PG02

No, Regus has enough defense for himself. (So long as he doesn't pull a Leroy Jenkins...)
There are several more vulnerable units that need protection, like Anex and Fort.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Nnelg » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:25 pm

So then... Marbit, how are you going to handle this one? It seems the group is quite far from united...

Also, I just noticed this:
tigerusthegreat wrote:Anex (10 Combat) [Move to G12, Dodge]

That is a horrible, horrible idea. Anex is our highest combat ranged unit, and we need her on DPS duties. Dodging is a waste of her attack power, and we especially don't want her as part of the first wave.

IFF you insist on charging forward, at least let Nemo veil her as a low-value target (like a legionnaire).
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Just so I'm clear on this: Whump would not gain any leadership bonus until I entered the hex, right?

I agree with the new orders, and recommend stacking like this for now:

Stack:
Leader: Regus (5 combat, lvl 1, bonus +1 com, +1 def) [delay]
Members:
Anex (10 Combat) [delay]
Rudy Eye (7 combat) [No orders given]
Wegio (5 Combat) [delay]
Zed-Too (5 Combat) [delay]
Fortune's Chance (3 Combat) [No orders given]
Nemo (3 Combat) With Naughty Kitty [No orders given]

Not Stacked:
Whump (6 combat) [Move to L2, Dodge]
Kilroy Jenkins (5 Combat) [delay]
Larry 'Curly' Moe (5 Combat) [delay]

Since Whump won't get any bonuses until I enter the hex, it won't matter if he's stacked, and this way, another unit that might be able to attack gets the stacking bonus.

Or alternatively, move in the two unstacked legionaires, outside of mouse range, with Whump, then bring in the stacked units in after the enemy acts.

Last Updated 4/09/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:41 pm

tigerusthegreat wrote:Just so I'm clear on this: Whump would not gain any leadership bonus until I entered the hex, right?
Correct, but he also has to be in your stack to get your bonus. It appears he's not, so it wouldn't be an issue.
MarbitChow

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:42 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
tigerusthegreat wrote:Just so I'm clear on this: Whump would not gain any leadership bonus until I entered the hex, right?
Correct, but he also has to be in your stack to get your bonus. It appears he's not, so it wouldn't be an issue.

Right, since he wouldn't get the bonus until after he was attacked anyway, and won't be attacking this round, there's no reason to give him a combat and defense buff.

Last Updated 4/09/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Since I'm the only one in danger with this plan, I have no complaints. Let's do this.
CroverusRaven

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Send in the whump then. Once the enemy moves, we will enter the hex and tear them apart.

I will note we have two archers, i have a one use javelin i would like to.hold on to, and the casters who can shoot. I think we will decimate them.

Last Updated 4/09/2014

tigerusthegreat

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games