Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby LTDave » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Nnelg wrote:No offence, LTDave, but are you just going to constantly try to rush in without any regard for a plan, or what the rest of us are thinking? :x

Yes.

Nnelg wrote:I don't want to be rude, but it's just starting to irk me...

Mission Accomplished.
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:50 am

I'm actually with LTDave, all this planning is not realistic. Aren't we supposed to have time constraints Marbit? That first round felt like it took a week for us to decide on a plan that ending up doing nothing like we hoped. Sending me in with some legionares might have made them more willing to open fire on me...
CroverusRaven

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 am

"Things I do for Duty ..."

Zed-too moves along with Wegio, Guarding and Dodging.

On the topic of planning, setting aside realism or lack thereof, it does make the game hard to follow if excessive. Failing to plan is a plan to fail and all that, but some balance will hopefully be reached. Ideally, posts should be short, deliberation likewise, and the battle moving at a brisk pace with stuff actually happening.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:14 am

Personally I feel the legionares should make an attempt to move towards Whump to 'protect the caster' that has foolishly entered on his own. I plan to refrain from attacking and focus on dodging enemies as much as possible.
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:35 am

:lol: Ok so there goes most of the plans... as all the chunky munky chappies are in. What about us more fragile types ? There's two protected spots in K1 & J1 who ...who wants em ? :twisted:
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:38 am

Each of you are in charge of your own unit. Since there were a lot of new players, and they didn't have a chance to grow into the rules like the original group did, I didn't have a problem with taking it a bit slow. I allowed the group as a whole to countermand individual orders to allow for the learning curve. From this point forward, however, any orders that you post in bold will be executed. When moving, please remember to include the square your unit ends up in, and when attacking, specify which unit you're attempting to harm.
MarbitChow

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:03 am

Well, this is what happens when you hire a bunch of mercenaries....they go do their own thing.

Since +1 combat and defense will benefit everyone stacked, I'm going to enter after wegio and zed too.

Regus moves in behind the other two legionaires, moves to I1, and attacks PG02.

I'd recommend placing the naughty kitty F3/G2, abusing its large size to stop the mice from coming down and exploding among us. Dismounting Nemo to the 1 rank would prevent him from taking exploding damage.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby Nnelg » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 am

tigerusthegreat wrote:I'd recommend placing the naughty kitty F3/G2, abusing its large size to stop the mice from coming down and exploding among us. Dismounting Nemo to the 1 rank would prevent him from taking exploding damage.

Well, it's too late for that. There's absolutely nothing we can do (short of killing the mouse itself) that can now stop the mouse from getting to all of you if it wanted to. :|

I still recommend that Kilroy and Moe go to G8 and J5 (veiled as Anex and Rudy). Then we can move the real Anex and Rudy to H1 and H2 on Phase 4, and have them take a few shots (preferably at the marbit archers).
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 am

Nnelg wrote:
tigerusthegreat wrote:I'd recommend placing the naughty kitty F3/G2, abusing its large size to stop the mice from coming down and exploding among us. Dismounting Nemo to the 1 rank would prevent him from taking exploding damage.

Well, it's too late for that. There's absolutely nothing we can do (short of killing the mouse itself) that can now stop the mouse from getting to all of you if it wanted to. :|

stupid diagonal movement foils my mind again. G3/H2 would mean the mouse could only reach wegio (by moving to J3 and exploding, hitting one of its own units), wegio and whump (hitting a large number of their units at L3) or hit the naughty kitty. When a unit without agile is next to an enemy unit, it looses its move. Use Nemo's action to dismount before or after enterring the hex, and you have a naughty kitty that can be used as a blocker. Because of the 0 move rule, neither mouse can reach anyone but naughty kitty or Nemo (while also hitting PG02) or Nemo and Whump while hitting a good number of their units.

Other option is to bring in archers and alpha one of the mice. I recommend doing both, the naughty kitty maneuver, and using both archers in mutual support hidden in the bottom corner to alpha one of the mice.

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 am

Nnelg wrote:I still recommend that Kilroy and Moe go to G8 and J5 (veiled as Anex and Rudy).
Kilroy and Moe will be veiled as Anex and Rudy. Are there any other veils you want to place while all units are still outside the hex?
MarbitChow

Postby The Colonel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 am

I follow the recommendation.
The Colonel

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 am

So apparently I'm now veiled as an archer, and female no less?

Kilroy enters and moves to G8. Kilroy uses .5 AP to learn Block. Kilroy uses 1 AP to become Well-Protected. Kilroy begins Dodging and Blocking (if both is not possible, which ever provides the largest Def bonus.)
WaterMonkey314

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 am

WaterMonkey314 wrote:So apparently I'm now veiled as an archer, and female no less?

Kilroy enters and moves to G8. Kilroy uses .5 AP to learn Block. Kilroy uses 1 AP to become Well-Protected. Kilroy begins Dodging and Blocking (if both is not possible, which ever provides the largest Def bonus.)

That does put you in range of both splody mice and their explosions ignore defense.

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 am

tigerusthegreat wrote:
WaterMonkey314 wrote:So apparently I'm now veiled as an archer, and female no less?

That does put you in range of both splody mice and their explosions ignore defense.

Then why is Nnelg trying to send me there?

Are you trying to get me killed? :P
WaterMonkey314

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:49 am

Unfortunately the only squares out of the range of Both Splody mice are the A1- K1 squares and they can still be reached by SM01

it doesnt really matter where you're sent. we need to use the kitty if we want to block that... and we can't depend on it blocking both.

someones going to get hit by a splody mouse...so anyone with less than 12 hits is taking a risk entering.
Werebiscuit

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:52 am

which is why i recommended using the kitty to block, and to try to alpha one of the mice with archers.

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:58 am

Getting hit by 1 mouse is ok. We'll heal next turn.

Getting hit by 2 mice is potentially fatal, and I'd rather not be the only one out there... :P
WaterMonkey314

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:03 pm

tigerusthegreat wrote:Other option is to bring in archers and alpha one of the mice. I recommend doing both, the naughty kitty maneuver, and using both archers in mutual support hidden in the bottom corner to alpha one of the mice.

Hidden from the mice if in the A1 - K1 squares... but as there's no cover there apart from I1...in full view of the marbit crossbowmen ...aaanndd...we'll need to fire and thus lose our dodge. sitting target or what for the crossbow men that are waiting to fire. Somone's not thought this through.

I'll wait and see if they fire on the veils first before comitting any such suicide...thank you very much.
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Getting hit by 1 mouse is ok. We'll heal next turn.

Getting hit by 2 mice is potentially fatal, and I'd rather not be the only one out there... :P

Remind me of your hits again ? :P :lol: Oh..yeah...how about 1 mouse & 3 crossbows.

it's not safe out there unless you've over 20 hits... just look who's out there ;)
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:28 pm

(I'm just going to point out that this scenario was originally designed with 4 expendable NPCs in mind. You might be able to pull it off without losing any units, but players who already have higher-level primary characters might want to consider sacrificing themselves for the greater good. :twisted: )
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games