Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex - Round 1 - Phase 5 (Revised)

Revisions: Corrected Kilroy's location, added Zed2's guard maneuver to significantly increase Wegio's survival chances. I've also taken the liberty of Boosting Nemo and Rudy, since WhirdCheese is still getting up to speed. I'll retcon those out if you don't want them, but please make the decision prior to entering the hex. Once you've crossed, your status is locked.

Moe and Kilroy enter the hex. Wegio and Regus charge in, and together make cloth bacon, but the marbits swarm Wegio in response, and brutalize him. If it were not for Regus' leadership, Wegio would be out of the picture.

PCs have been added to the Reference section. Please double-check the stats and let me know if there are any changes that need to be made.

Rock formations are impassible and provide a +4 Cover bonus to units standing behind them. All units other than Nemo have 2 Hex Move remaining, which means you can enter the hex, and flee the hex, but cannot re-enter it once you have fled. Nemo's mount has 6 Hex Move remaining, so he can leave and re-enter up to 3 times. Both sides are assumed to be Dodging when they start.

Tenebris Units
Spoiler: show
Nemo (Nnelg) : [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 3 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1) Dodging
Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.]
Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Lesser Curse:1) (Lesser Boost:1) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Whump (CroverusRaven) : [6 Combat / 7 Defense / 26 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack.] Dodging
Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 4 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1) Dodging
Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended]
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose] Delayed-Action Dodging
Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Larry "Moe" Curly (The Colonel) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Anex (Werebiscuit) : [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Support] (Lesser Boost:1) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Naughty Kitty (Nemo's) [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging

Enemy Stats
Marbit Archer (MA01) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Marbit Archer (MA02) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Marbit Archer (MA03) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Marbit Spearman (MS01) : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Beefy]
Marbit Spearman (MS02) : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Beefy]
Marbit Warrior (MW01) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy]
Marbit Warrior (MW02) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Splody Mouse Lesser Cloth Golem (SM01) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Construct, Explody] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Splody Mouse Lesser Cloth Golem (SM02) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Construct, Explody] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Pig Lesser Cloth Golem (PG02) : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Construct, Well-Armed] Delayed-Action Dodging

Results
Tenebris Stacks :
Regus: Leads Nemo, Rudy, Zed-Too, Chance, Wegio, Anex, Naughty Kitty (+1 Leadership)

-- Round 1 --

Phase 5
----------
MW02: Delays Move, Action
SM01: Delays Move, Action
SM02: Delays Move, Action

Kilroy : Move to G8, Delay Action

Moe : Move to J5, Delay Action

Wegio : Move to K2, Attack @ PG02
Roll : 6. 14 Combat + 1 Leadership - (5 Defense) = 10 Hits. (PG01:5)

Regus : Move to I1, Attack @ PG02
Roll : 10. 15 Combat + 1 Leadership - (5 Defense) = 11 Hits. Target destroyed. Team earns 2 XP.

MW01 : Move to L3, Attack @ Weg
Roll : 10. 15 Combat - (8 Defense + 1 Leadership + 3 Guard) = 3 Hits. (Weg:19)

PG02 : Attack @ Weg
Roll : 7. 15 Combat - (8 Defense + 1 Leadership + 3 Guard) = 3 Hits. (Weg:16)

MS02 : Attack @ Weg
Roll : 8. 13 Combat - (8 Defense + 1 Leadership + 3 Guard) = 1 Hits. (Weg:15)

MS01 : Move to M1, Attack @ Weg
Roll : 8. 13 Combat - (8 Defense + 1 Leadership + 3 Guard) = 1 Hits. (Weg:14)

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.

(Edit 1: Corrected Wegio's Hits in the Tenebris Units section.
Last edited by MarbitChow on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Something does spring to mind. Apparently the Copy-Pasta monster has struck again, and Wegio is listed with 2/22H, whereas in the results section he appears with a slightly less catastrophic 14/22.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:57 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Wegio is listed with 2/22H
Fixed.
MarbitChow

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:16 pm

So what's the word on me moving guys?

A) Move back diagonally, expecting them to follow, and hoping I can draw some more fire.
or
B) Break veil and eat a Marbit.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:16 pm

"Good Work, Zedtoo. I needed that."

Wegio looks about. The enemies nearest him have used their attack for the round. Time to rest and take a breather.

"The veil bluff isn't working, Whump. Hit something. Hard!"
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Whump breaks his veil as he goes to crush one of the spearmen with his large hands.
"WHUMP SMASH!!"

Whump will smash MS01 the next chance he gets.
CroverusRaven

Postby Nnelg » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:03 am

Werebiscuit, why don't you simply wait for phase 1 to enter? The marbits won't be leaving their archers orders to fire at targets entering the hex that phase, because that would mean their shots would be wasted if nobody entered.

At best the marbits will have orders to fire at one of the units in the hex, or will have already fired by that phase, meaning they won't be targeting you. At worst, you'll only have to face whatever doesn't die under your fire, with a cover bonus.

Lastly, I'm not sure the Mice are the best target for the Kitty, if it is to go off on its own. A better target would be MA03, since Kilroy and Moe have already set up a line to keep the mice from getting to our vulnerable areas.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby The Colonel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:22 am

Does Moe join the party and start attacking?
The Colonel

Postby LTDave » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:44 am

"Hey, Moe, get over here you Numbskull! nuk nuk nuk. Hit something, you wiseguy!"

OOC: I think the plan is for the foolamancer to make EVERYONE left out of the hex look like a regular legionaire, and have them all come in. The marbits won't know who or what to focus their fire on.
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 am

LTDave wrote:"Hey, Moe, get over here you Numbskull! nuk nuk nuk. Hit something, you wiseguy!"

OOC: I think the plan is for the foolamancer to make EVERYONE left out of the hex look like a regular legionaire, and have them all come in. The marbits won't know who or what to focus their fire on.

OOC Correct LTDave with hopefully people changing appearance out of the hex and whump shifting appearance in hex we'll be creating enough confusion that the crossbowmarbits won't know who to fire at. I'm already bloody confused by you lot and I'm supposed to be following it all :lol: Let's hope marbitChow's the same :twisted:

Bob if we both find cover and dodge chances are They'll only target Anex when we shoot and our dodge drops,

The plan with the kitty gives us a chance at taking out the mice without damage ( or at very least to apply that damage to the largest hit sink - the kitty) . Moe and Kilroy's line - though beneficial will eventually see one or both take 2d6/4d6 as they intercept the mice. If I were Moe or Kilroy I know which plan I'd prefer. Kitty can one shot a mouse even if it's dodging at 2d6-1 with a good roll ( 11+)

Nnelg wrote:Werebiscuit, why don't you simply wait for phase 1 to enter? The marbits won't be leaving their archers orders to fire at targets entering the hex that phase, because that would mean their shots would be wasted if nobody entered.

Unfortunately their shots aren't wasted till phase 8 of round 2...since they can hold them till then (they HAVE to take their second round beginning phase 7 of round 2). [correct Marbit ?] Anex's delayed move is wasted after phase 11 round2 - thus they can out wait her. So waiting to phase 1 performs no useful benefit as all they will do is wait.
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:31 am

OOC BTW if Moe and Kilroy are happy to take mouse damage - just speak up. I'll be more than happy to have Anex target a crossbow Marbit. :D /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am

Werebiscuit wrote:Unfortunately their shots aren't wasted till phase 8 of round 2...since they can hold them till then (they HAVE to take their second round beginning phase 7 of round 2). [correct Marbit ?]
Correct. Units can only have 1 delayed move and action. If they haven't used them by the next time their phase comes up, they do not gain an additional delayed move and action.
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:36 am

Hm... By that logic though, we have even more time to spare. There is absolutely no harm in waiting a few phases, then. Hopefully the archers will lose their nerve and shoot something along the way.

Perhaps after that we can send in just the kitty to attack MA01. And on Phase 9 of next turn, it can move up to one of the mice (or another archer) before it has a chance to move.

And finally, we should NOT send either of the casters in until those archers have been eliminated, no matter how long that takes.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:46 am

Nnelg wrote:And finally, we should NOT send either of the casters in until those archers have been eliminated, no matter how long that takes.
Are you aware that, while mounted, a mount absorbs all Attack, Strike, and Fire actions that are aimed at its rider? The mice are the only real threat to Nemo while he's mounted, and he can fire from the mount freely.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:31 am

yes, which makes throwing the cat at a mouse a really bad plan... if it explodes nemo takes damage as normal.
bob the 6th

Postby tigerusthegreat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 pm

bob the 6th wrote:yes, which makes throwing the cat at a mouse a really bad plan... if it explodes nemo takes damage as normal.

Throwing the cat at tge mouse while Nemo is mounted is a bad idea. Dismountinh Nemo first, however, is what makes the plan viable
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex - Round 1 - Phase 4

Whump whumps, makin' bacon. Pig gets off a parting shot. Whump laughs.
(Edits from previous phase: Removed Boost from Rudy. He already had Curse, and both cannot be present. Restored 1 Juice to Chance.)
(Rules notes: Critical ranges are officially 11-12 for success, 2-3 for failure. Success grants +4 Combat / level. Failure grants -4 Combat / level.)

PCs have been added to the Reference section. Please double-check the stats and let me know if there are any changes that need to be made.

Rock formations are impassible and provide a +4 Cover bonus to units standing behind them. All units other than Nemo have 2 Hex Move remaining, which means you can enter the hex, and flee the hex, but cannot re-enter it once you have fled. Nemo's mount has 6 Hex Move remaining, so he can leave and re-enter up to 3 times. Both sides are assumed to be Dodging when they start.

Tenebris Units
Nemo (Nnelg) : [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 3 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1) Dodging
Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.]
Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Lesser Curse:1) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Whump (CroverusRaven) : [6 Combat / 7 Defense / 17 (of 26) Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack.]
Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 5 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1) Dodging
Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended]
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose] Delayed-Action Dodging
Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Larry "Moe" Curly (The Colonel) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Anex (Werebiscuit) : [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Support] (Lesser Boost:1) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Naughty Kitty (Nemo's) [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging

Enemy Stats
Marbit Archer (MA01) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Marbit Archer (MA02) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Marbit Archer (MA03) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Marbit Spearman (MS01) : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Beefy]
Marbit Spearman (MS02) : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Beefy]
Marbit Warrior (MW01) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy]
Marbit Warrior (MW02) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Splody Mouse Lesser Cloth Golem (SM01) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Construct, Explody] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Splody Mouse Lesser Cloth Golem (SM02) : [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Construct, Explody] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging

Results
Tenebris Stacks :
Regus: Leads Nemo, Rudy, Zed-Too, Chance, Wegio, Anex, Naughty Kitty (+1 Leadership)

-- Round 1 --

Phase 4
----------
Whump : Attack @ PG01
Veil drops.
Roll : 11 CRITICAL SUCCESS. 17 Combat + 1 Leadership + (4 Critical * 1 Level) - (5 Defense) = 17 Hits. Target destroyed. Team earns 2 XP.

PG01 : Attack @ Whump
Roll : 9. 17 Combat - (7 Defense + 1 Leadership) = 9 Hits.

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
MarbitChow

Postby tigerusthegreat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Question: do units who explode grant xp?

Also, good news is their two heaviest units are gone. If we can deal with the mice and archers we will be in mop up territory.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:44 pm

tigerusthegreat wrote:Question: do units who explode grant xp?
Nope. Units who aren't killed by your side don't grant XP to you. If they explode, they're killed by their own side.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:48 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Nope. Units who aren't killed by your side don't grant XP to you. If they explode, they're killed by their own side.

I'm gonna think like Parson here, in order to prevent hax...Units that explode don't grant XP the their side either though, right? Cus their side isn't *really* killing them.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games