Summer Update - 024

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Update - 024

Postby DevilDan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 am

moose o death wrote:i think the turns are always as long as you need them o be. it's just when at war, or someone is sharing your battlespace, the day doesn't end until all sides have finished their turns.

I never quite bought that all the way. A ruler certain to be conquered or the next turn could then keep his turn going for a very long time as long as there's enough food for the ruler...
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:41 pm

they consciuosly end their turn's, we have heard overlords say out loud ".... and then end turn" you'll probably find they have no choice in the matter. the world compells them. once all units have expended move or have been engaged in battle their is nothing you can do anyway.

it's a perspective thing. if you knew you were going to die tomorrow and you could stop time to prolong it from happening, time stopped and you can't move anyway so you have an eternity of boredom or face whats coming head on. every life has it's end, you've gotta die from something.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:02 pm

moose o death wrote:they consciuosly end their turn's, we have heard overlords say out loud ".... and then end turn" you'll probably find they have no choice in the matter. the world compells them. once all units have expended move or have been engaged in battle their is nothing you can do anyway.

it's a perspective thing. if you knew you were going to die tomorrow and you could stop time to prolong it from happening, time stopped and you can't move anyway so you have an eternity of boredom or face whats coming head on. every life has it's end, you've gotta die from something.

I do know that they consciously end their turn. I'm just sure that there are a few more complications than that.

(And, technically, you can move all you want in your city...)
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:35 pm

it's still not achieving anything, if your dead tomorrow may as well get it over with. getting stuck on tuesday wont stop wednesday showing up on your epitaph. erfworlders are clearly less spineless regarding their mortality. if a chief warlord is compelled to make his stand until all available ideas are exhausted, then an overlord is probably compelled to end turn when all units have expended their move /engagements.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:58 pm

All the same, I'd bet dwagons to marbits that we don't know the whole story on how time passes vs. ending turns.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:26 pm

nor are we ever likely too as it's not your standard conversation. it would be like randomly asking a coworker why the earth rotates around the sun and why the day isn't as long as the year. unless your teaching primary school students that kind of conversation doesn't make much sense
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:12 am

moose o death wrote:nor are we ever likely too as it's not your standard conversation. it would be like randomly asking a coworker why the earth rotates around the sun and why the day isn't as long as the year. unless your teaching primary school students that kind of conversation doesn't make much sense

Which is why those explanatory notes, if done without skill, are known as expository lumps. The creators will reveal this if it's necessary for the plot; if it's not, then why commit themselves?
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:04 pm

why are you asking me to explain my reasons why rob hasn't disclosed the passage of time when an erfworld leader is a spineless twat?

they end turn.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:50 pm

Rhetorical. Question.
DevilDan

Postby OneHugeTuck » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Anybody noticed... 'End the Turn' is said as the sun is down.

Does the sun instantly go down when the turn ends, or are they ending turn as the sun is down, because it's time to end the turn?
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Previous

Return to Reactions