Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame 3 (closed) - Rules and Discussion

Postby 0beron » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:05 pm

.......did Colonel just lose his capital to Monies!? <----(rhetorical question, no actual answer or further explanation required)
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Exate » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Are there any roads on this map? We can't build them since that would involve changing terrains, but I haven't run into any. It seems like they would be really useful for movement given the massive penalties many terrains levy- not to mention that it would bring a level of strategy to positioning and movement outside of city fights that having only wilderness terrain doesn't.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Koliup » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Sorry Exate. With any luck there is only the untamed wilderness, and the yawning divide between cities.
Though, ruins do exist. So take it as you will.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Metheglin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:04 am

Hrm, I'm not sure why you said one couldn't create roads. The rules are there. The hardest part of it would be fiddling with the map to show the roads.

Edit: Koliup, you gonna make your move? :P
Metheglin

Postby Koliup » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 am

I thought I already sent it to you, I should see it in my sent box. Let me check again.

EDIT: Yeah, I did, on Oct 6. Unless you're talking about turn 11. I do not believe I have gotten any turn 11 stuff, and have not responded to any turn 11 stuff.
Also, yay. My side's first taste of combat. Wonderful.
Oh noes. Something happened. Lost over half a stack! My guyssssss!
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:26 am

Kaed wrote:
Lord of Monies wrote:One of my knights has some decent natural lookamancy. I'm beginning to wonder if it can improve in time so she becomes a preferred field unit. Kaed, by a coincidence that is completely true (this is genuine) today is my birthday. As a present, make this so please.

Were you talking about Navi?

Hey, listen! .

I see what you did there
CroverusRaven

Postby Kaed » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:09 am

CroverusRaven wrote:
Kaed wrote:
Lord of Monies wrote:One of my knights has some decent natural lookamancy. I'm beginning to wonder if it can improve in time so she becomes a preferred field unit. Kaed, by a coincidence that is completely true (this is genuine) today is my birthday. As a present, make this so please.

Were you talking about Navi?

Hey, listen! .

I see what you did there

I'm glad someone did!
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Exate » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Metheglin wrote:Hrm, I'm not sure why you said one couldn't create roads. The rules are there. The hardest part of it would be fiddling with the map to show the roads.
Gah, you're right. My memories of the debates from when we were putting these rules together betrayed me.
Exate

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Speaking of Upgrades, I just realized a rules update we missed accounting for in Jillian's recent exploits. Rivers (and by translation, canals I suppose?) DO support Warfs.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:06 pm

So Kaed, bit of a random thought as it occurs to me it's not perfectly clear. When Daphnes levelled up twice from the dwagon, I got some noticeable stat upgrades. Does that apply to every unit that levels? Does Shiek have an increase from his level, and would other units like my Guhrons (when I get some again) also gain stats?
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Kaed » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:41 am

Yes, but their stat gain is much slower than that of warlords.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:05 pm

That makes sense. Non-warlord units get their best stat gains from leadership and similar bonuses, so warlords themselves need to advance quicker to make sure they keep pace with their own leadership.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Kaed wrote:
0beron wrote:[puttingwordsinhismouth]I sure do love Nalga, he should be made heir.[/puttingwordsinhismouth]

And I'm glad you think so, I'll have to put him in the limelight more!

Oh cummon, the thing I ACTUALLY said wasn't even RELATED to Nalga, that's just cruel slander.
I should also point out that I DO have a patience limit for him. Be careful about exceeding it.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:13 pm

0beron wrote:
Kaed wrote:
0beron wrote:[puttingwordsinhismouth]I sure do love Nalga, he should be made heir.[/puttingwordsinhismouth]

And I'm glad you think so, I'll have to put him in the limelight more!

Oh cummon, the thing I ACTUALLY said wasn't even RELATED to Nalga, that's just cruel slander.
I should also point out that I DO have a patience limit for him. Be careful about exceeding it.

Hahah. Wasn't it... or WAS IT?

Okay yeah it totally wasn't. Btw writing your turn 12 now.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Kaed wrote:Okay yeah it totally wasn't. Btw writing your turn 12 now.

All of my feels
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:20 pm

A point of clarification, Kaed and I were looking over the rules and chatting and realized that he had overlooked something about the popping rates we adopted a while back. Warlords always take 5 turns to pop, this should not decrease at higher city levels. We're also reconsidering the pop rate of Courtiers, because 8/turn in level 5 cities seems excessive.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Exate » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:32 pm

0beron wrote:A point of clarification, Kaed and I were looking over the rules and chatting and realized that he had overlooked something about the popping rates we adopted a while back. Warlords always take 5 turns to pop, this should not decrease at higher city levels. We're also reconsidering the pop rate of Courtiers, because 8/turn in level 5 cities seems excessive.
I don't think 8 courtiers/turn is that in need of fixing, really. Because they're not combat units, at some point the question becomes- what the heck are you doing with the dozens of courtiers that you could spawn from that kind of pop rate? After you have a couple per city to ensure that your resource points quickly stay maxed and everything is managed, they just kind of... sit. I guess you could start sending them out in huge waves to do massive infrastructure projects, build roads to everywhere and lookout towers in every hex as they swarm over everything like workers in Civilization.
Exate

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:35 pm

That's exactly the point. Since you only need a handful of them, why should we pop so many? I recommend Level 1&2 pop 1 in 2 turns, Level 3&4 pop 1 a turn, and Level 5 pops 2 a turn.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Huh. I rather thought you'd have more to say about the recent update, Oberon.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Kaed wrote:Huh. I rather thought you'd have more to say about the recent update, Oberon.

....what update? This change to popping rates? or the comic page?
Cus the comic page definitely has some interesting aspects to it...but it didn't really give us any mechanics that seem pertinent to the game...
Or do you mean the meme reference in your turn *mumble* response? Cus I totally noticed and died laughing IRL, I just didn't write about it :p
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games