Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame 3 (closed) - Rules and Discussion

Postby Kaed » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Bah! The last one, I guess I just expected some wacky response from you. I was worried you were busy moaning to yourself about how I gave you something useless. Like people used to do about mathamancers.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:13 pm

No crates are very useful :p You haven't sent me a message since that one.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Never understood the mathmancy moaning. Right now, I would have so many questions for a mathmancer that would make my decisions so much easier, or at least make me feel more comfortable in making them.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:38 pm

OMG BEST DAY IN THE GAME EVAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:40 pm

I sent it to ohberon instead of zeroberon....
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:43 pm

LOL, you really should add me to your friends list, that way you can just Compose Message, and hit *Add* me haha. I'm sure ohberon will be.... intrigued haha.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:50 pm

By the big deleted message in his inbox... Probably.

Any comments other than general squee?
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:01 pm

I am writing a long-ish response with some clarification questions, but yes major squee-age is still happening. :D :D
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Sorry bout slowing down, exams till the 31'st
The Colonel

Postby Koliup » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Erfworld The Video Game wrote:-courtiers-
Posted By: Vl4b Teh P3rf0rat0r
guys can courtiers be trusted completely?? he ses my allies are trouble
----
Re: courtiers
Posted By: The Kev-man
Early game they like to rag on your allies, don't listen to them until about mid-game. Then re-evaluate your alliances.
----
Re: courtiers
Posted By: Hi-Rulla
actually sometimes they are right about the slimy bastards. trust your instincts.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Kaed » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 am

Oh, those courtiers. What wacky folks.

Okay guys, look. I need you all to make an effort to send a copy of your update responses to both me and Metheglin. It's hard to keep up with everything when the only communication is between me and the other Titan! It's been happening a lot lately too.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:11 am

Oh sorry! I thought you only copied him so he'd know generally what's happening and what turn we were on. I'll add him from now on, and send him a message now with the highlights of what I've done.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:30 pm

I normally add him and always do for my posts where I do anything, but I occasionally forget to add him when doing general discussion of clarification. I, too, shall make sure to always add him from now on.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Metheglin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 pm

To be fair, sometimes I post without CC'ing Kaed. I get the jist of it if I'm only seeing Kaed's replies, but it helps a lot to have yours!

And it'll matter a lot more when you start interacting more frequently.
Metheglin

Postby Lord of Monies » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:47 am

Yeah, more frequently would be nice. As always I have to assume Kaed is busy with his own thing, just making a post here to remind him that for me I'm waiting on a reply from him.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 am

*looks around at my fellow Rulers suspiciously* sooooomething fishy is going on. Also, sorry, if it's applicable. That is all I have to say at the moment...one of you might understand what I mean, we'll see.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Exate » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Thoughts on guidelines for familial relations. Some of this is extrapolation and/or largely making things up, but hopefully it holds together. Units pop with the ability to recognize their relations on sight and there is a modest loyalty bonus between relatives.

-Unit type match is required. That is, for two units to be related they must both be archers, both warlords, etc. Rulers, heirs, casters, and warlords are considered one unit type for this purpose. Units which have changed type will retain old familial relations but all future relations will be of their new type.
-An heir is always popped as the ruler's child.
-Non-heir units can be popped as other units' children, but the parent unit must be inside the city where they are popped for the entire duration of their pop cycle, or be linked to that city in some fashion (ex., being popped as "Count of City A" may cause subsequent warlords popped in City A to be the Count's children).
-More important units (Rulers, then by level, reputation, and Fate) are more likely to pop children, if multiple potential parents are present.
-Units which share a "parent" are always siblings.
-Units popped in the same batch are always siblings.
-If they do not share a parent, units may still pop as relations if they are popped in the same city, even if that occurs on widely separated turns. The chance of this is inversely proportional to unit pop rate (so stabbers rarely randomly pop as siblings/children of existing units; special A/Bs and knights do so uncommonly; for warlords and special Ds it happens all the time).

Opinions? Am I missing anything here, or would these guidelines result in notable effects which might not be desirable?
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:25 pm

I think a lot of it is unnecessary. I think that we can for example assume that all the Archers who popped in a given turn are siblings. The next turn, if more archers popped, they would all be siblings in a different family. (This ignores the idea of 'parents' but follows the example of the Sargetti (sp?) stack of Archers mentioned in a Jetstone update)

The for Command Units, we follow what is suggested in the comic as well, which seem to operate a little differently between Royal sides versus non-Royal.
For Royals: Popped Heirs are always children. All Royal command units popped in the Capital are also children. Noble command units popped in non-capitals are nephews/nieces (those popped from the same city are siblings).
For Non-Royal, there is a random chance that a popped command unit in the Capital is a child. Popped Heir is always a child as well.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:59 pm

I always assumed the family relations thing was done by custom rather than 'bloodline'. Like, Trem and Slately aren't actually related, they just treat each other like parent and son because Erfworlders have no other conceptualization of family.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:08 am

So, the important rule update of this week is that fire (and perhaps other means then?) can destroy a corpse and prevent it's use with Croakamancy.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games