Book 2 - Text Updates 057

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 - Text Updates 057

Postby Cubbins » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:00 am

Well, now I feel pretty good, despite being crushed under a bunch of rocks. Thanks! :mrgreen:
"It's your final curtain call, Hat Magician. Only one thing left to do..."
Cubbins

Postby CelebrenIthil » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:59 am

Cubbins wrote:There is no evidence (that I'm aware of) from the comic for this conjecture, but might the cost of Unit promotion have at least a partial dependency on the current Level of the Unit being promoted? Perhaps a higher Leveled Unit would cost more (or less) to promote, above and beyond the 'Nobility' modifier. I don't have anything to back up that hypothesis, and I don't remember the Level of Wanda (or Tramennis, for that matter) upon the point of Promotion.

It might also have to do with the size of the side the heir is going to inherit. A huge side like Jetstone might have to fork over more money for such a promotion than one like Goodminton. And, Goodminton has been known to raze cities for money:
The Erfworld Wiki wrote:All Cities save the Capital were lost to Haffaton or razed for Shmuckers following the Kiloton debacle.

Therefore, Overlord Firebaugh might have pulled the "wipe everything that's left for shmuckers to promote Wanda" gambit, in the end.
Who knows!
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby effataigus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:12 pm

CelebrenIthil wrote:
The Erfworld Wiki wrote:All Cities save the Capital were lost to Haffaton or razed for Shmuckers following the Kiloton debacle.

Therefore, Overlord Firebaugh might have pulled the "wipe everything that's left for shmuckers to promote Wanda" gambit, in the end.
Who knows!

By way of tearing down my own theory, in this recent update (Book 0 e. 47) it appears as though Goodminton was not razed at the last minute (assuming that Goodminton would no longer be a level 2 that looks like Goodminton did if it were razed). Nevertheless, there may be other ways to convert resources on hand to schmuckers at the last minute... or other mechanics that affect the cost of a promotion, or other ways to gain schmuckers with a new turn, or anything that can account for Goodminton having ~70k at some earlier time and promoting Wanda at some later time (despite the cost of promoting Tram being estimated as <170k). It still seems premature to me to assume that the factor at play must be "overlord v. royal."
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby junovalkyrie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Oberon wrote:
Whispri wrote:That said [Parson] did a bit of fighting at Gobwin Knob, he croaked a Wiener-Rammer, might have scored the croaking blow on the Warlord who'd been riding said doggy and led the stacks that defeated the soldiers that Warlord was leading. If the fight in the courtyard was, for example, considered a series of small engagements rather than one large one, he may have gained quite a bit of experience there as well. So it's not impossible that he's levelled since arrival.
I used to think so as well, and for the exact same reasons. After all, Parson has seen a bit of action, and even leading should give...a leader...some experience. And then there was that whole "ordered the action which wiped out thousands of RCC units" thing, which some might assume would also convey some EXP to the originator of the concept and plan. Or so a person might think. After all, Fud leveled twice with just a few kills. But there was a strip which stated that Parson was still L2. It was when Ossomer was griping that the CWL was only L2, and Sylvia responded that Parson was Level Million.

My guess as to the reason Parson is still level 2: Parson withdrew from that fight. And these pages imply that withdrawal* results in a battle being counted as a loss and your units not gaining experience, even if they take out enemy units beforehand.

*Of a separate sort than what Jillian is experiencing in the current update. Though that probably doesn't result in leveling either.
junovalkyrie

Previous

Return to Reactions